• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharbhund

And it wouldn't surprise me if it did, considering they're still fumbling with the script.

That begs the question, I get that Annihilus, Galactus, Silver Surfer, & the Badoon (if they're part of the F4 rights) will help with GotG & Marvel's other cosmic endeavors, & Dr. Doom would serve as a huge Avengers villain, but what about the F4 themselves? How would they contribute to the MCU.

According to the writer in an interview last week, they'll start shooting in a week or two.

Neoxon

AFAIK they have to show proof they're indeed filming by july.
I sincerely hope that you're right. There's no way they won't not film in 6 months. At least July (although it's a bit of a stretch in terms of delays to start production) is a somewhat likely time to not make the mark.

*prays to the comic book gods that Fox screws up & the rights to the F4 revert to Marvel*

According to the writer in an interview last week, they'll start shooting in a week or two.
Goodbye, hopes & dreams.

From RDJ's twitter:

BmQN7O0CUAAiJLh.jpg:large

Captain America isn't at that lunch so he dies in A2 CONFIRMED

TDLink

How non-specific.

They said they would be shooting by the end of April, even giving a specific date a few weeks ago. Filming dates are usually set pretty specifically since it requires the cast and crew to, you know, show up. "A week or two" is incredibly vague. I'm still not convinced this project is happening until those cameras are rolling.

Neoxon

How non-specific.

They said they would be shooting by the end of April, even giving a specific date a few weeks ago. Filming dates are usually set pretty specifically since it requires the cast and crew to, you know, show up. "A week or two" is incredibly vague. I'm still not convinced this project is happening until those cameras are rolling.
So there's hope?

I normally wouldn't wish ill on a company working on a movie like this, but this film was looking to be a trainwreck from the start. It'd be better for everyone if they just let the rights revert to Marvel.

That's cute.

Didn't think this was worth a thread, and hell, it's a bit of a stretch to post it here, but remember this DOFP image?

X-Men-Quicksilver-and-sister-570x294.jpg

Well Singer confirmed that she isn't Scarlet Witch

“Is that the Scarlet Witch? No, that’s his little sister. I even had a line which I cut, where Quicksilver’s mother says to the little girl, ‘Go up and bug your sister,’ and the little girl says, ‘She bugs me!’ You never see the older sister, but it was to imply that there is an older sister for comic book fans. I ended up cutting it.

“Even though our Quicksilver is not a main character like in The Avengers, it’s a character there’s a lot of thought and concern about and it’s a character I’d like to explore further in the sequel.”

So, the twins having a big role in Apocalypse AFTER Avengers 2? Well, color me shocked!

sharbhund

That's cute.

Didn't think this was worth a thread, and hell, it's a bit of a stretch to post it here, but remember this DOFP image?

X-Men-Quicksilver-and-sister-570x294.jpg

Well Singer confirmed that she isn't Scarlet Witch

So, the twins having a big role in Apocalypse AFTER Avengers 2? Well, color me shocked!

I'm expecting Fox to announce a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch movie after Avengers 2 comes out.

Jonogunn

Can u guys point out some stuff that makes annihilation conquest so appealing to you?

I read it and thought it was good but not special. Perhaps I'm not as big on the cosmic stuff in marvel.

I'm expecting Fox to announce a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch movie after Avengers 2 comes out.

That's a sleeping beast that Fox won't want to poke. Including them in X-Men as part of an ensemble is fine, but an attempt to leverage them in their own feature would get Disney to call the lawyers in quick as you like. Even if Disney can't legally make the case that such a movie would represent an over-extension of Fox's contract and an infringement on their interests, it'd still be hugely costly in terms of legal fees, and the chance of such a movie not being delayed is minimal.

There's almost certainly an agreement in the deal that both companies would stay away from such a thing, anyway.

Fox owns X-Men, so Disney cant do a thing.

It absolutely doesn't. It holds the rights to make movies off the concept, but Disney owns the X-Men lock stock and barrel.

That's a sleeping beast that Fox won't want to poke. Including them in X-Men as part of an ensemble is fine, but an attempt to leverage them in their own feature would get Disney to call the lawyers in quick as you like. Even if Disney can't legally make the case that such a movie would represent an over-extension of Fox's contract and an infringement on their interests, it'd still be hugely costly in terms of legal fees, and the chance of such a movie not being delayed is minimal.

There's almost certainly an agreement in the deal that both companies would stay away from such a thing, anyway.

Um no. If they can use them, they can use them as much or in anything they want in the movies as long as they stick to the rules (No mention of Avengers). Disney's not going to sue them over that because they have no legal standing. It wouldn't make sense at all.

Um no. If they can use them, they can use them as much or in anything they want in the movies as long as they stick to the rules (No mention of Avengers). Disney's not going to sue them over that because they have no legal standing. It wouldn't make sense at all.

You really think there isn't a part of the contract, or even just a gentleman's agreement, that would prevent Disney and Fox from putting out competing Quicksilver/ Scarlet Witch movies?

Such a thing wouldn't do either side any good. Speculation here, but I'd say that the agreement between the two covers them in ensembles, rather than as leads.

You really think there isn't a part of the contract, or even just a gentleman's agreement, that would prevent Disney and Fox from putting out competing Quicksilver/ Scarlet Witch movies?

Such a thing wouldn't do either side any good. Speculation here, but I'd say that the agreement between the two covers them in ensembles, rather than as leads.

I really don't think there is. MAYBE a gentleman's agreement, but the fact that they're just kind of throwing in Quicksilver for DoFP well after Marvel made it known they were using him shows they don't give a fuck.

You have to understand that the companies that have the rights to Marvel's stuff for movies have them on major lock. Hell, Fox was able to successfully sue Marvel for Mutant X which was a TV show. If Fox wanted to make a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch movie, how could Marvel even punish them? The only thing they have leverage over them with is if Fox messes up again and has to negotiate for a contract extension.

EDIT: I think it's a moot point though. I could see Fox expanding Quicksliver out in future X-Men movies, but their attempts at solo efforts haven't panned out well at all. Remember when there was going to be a Magneto Origins and a Gambit movie? Disney would be more likely but I don't see that happening considering how full their line up is already and how gimped that movie would be without being able to use the X-Men ties.

I really don't think there is. MAYBE a gentleman's agreement, but the fact that they're just kind of throwing in Quicksilver for DoFP well after Marvel made it known they were using him shows they don't give a fuck.

You have to understand that the companies that have the rights to Marvel's stuff for movies have them on major lock. Hell, Fox was able to successfully sue Marvel for Mutant X which was a TV show. If Fox wanted to make a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch movie, how could Marvel even punish them? The only thing they have leverage over them with is if Fox messes up again and has to negotiate for a contract extension.

EDIT: I think it's a moot point though. I could see Fox expanding Quicksliver out in future X-Men movies, but their attempts at solo efforts haven't panned out well at all. Remember when there was going to be a Magneto Origins and a Gambit movie? Disney would be more likely but I don't see that happening considering how full their line up is already and how gimped that movie would be without being able to use the X-Men ties.

That was before Disney bought them.

Disney will destroy Fox in a legal battle. Not to mention all of Disney's properties and influence. If Fox tries to do a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch movie, Disney will stonewall Fox period. Studios, cast and such will ignore them. Hell Apple could lower all Fox properties and TV shows ot the bottom where users can't find them well on the store. Yes, Disney and Apple have relationships due to Pixar.

Hell, the X-Men movies have already had there trailers backlisted from Disney properties which include ESPN.

That was before Disney bought them.

Disney will destroy Fox in a legal battle. Not to mention all of Disney's properties and influence. If Fox tries to do a Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch movie, Disney will stonewall Fox period. Studios, cast and such will ignore them. Hell Apple could lower all Fox properties and TV shows ot the bottom where users can't find them well on the store. Yes, Disney and Apple have relationships due to Pixar.
I just don't see them going that far over those characters UNLESS Disney had major plans for the characters outside Avengers (which I don't see happening any time soon).
Hell, the X-Men movies have already had there trailers backlisted from Disney properties which include ESPN.
You have a source for that? I saw the X-Men trailer in front of Cap 2 so it must not be a comprehensive blacklist. Funny if true though.

I said Disney blacklisted. Not Marvel blacklisted them.

The Marvel property is still managed by Joe Q overall who wouldn't admit he made a mistake with the deal he licensed. Why the properties haven't been yellow taped yet.

This is the man who still believes that Carol Danvers is Marvel's WW and thought OMD/OMIT was a good concept and executed well and maintains that belief.

I said Disney blacklisted. Not Marvel blacklisted them.

The Marvel property is still managed by Joe Q overall who wouldn't admit he made a mistake with the deal he licensed. Why the properties haven't been yellow taped yet.

This is the man who still believes that Carol Danvers is Marvel's WW and thought OMD/OMIT was a good concept and executed well and maintains that belief.

But Marvel is a Disney property. Also, that commercial above is from ESPN which you mentioned. I'm confused, that's why I'm asking for a source because it sounds thread worthy if true.

But Marvel is a Disney property. Also, that commercial above is from ESPN which you mentioned. I'm confused, that's why I'm asking for a source because it sounds thread worthy if true.

That Wolverine commercial was before then. Disney was fine with Fox, till the Daredevil incident.

That was when Disney started blacklisting Fox's properties.

So that commercial already had a deal worked out.

Disney said they would let Marvel manage themselves. So Joe Q has say as long as they make profit.

Hence why Disney is blacklisting those properties yet Marvel isn't.

Because they are still Marvel characters.

That Wolverine commercial was before then. Disney was fine with Fox, till the Daredevil incident.

That was when Disney started blacklisting Fox's properties.

So that commercial already had a deal worked out.

Disney said they would let Marvel manage themselves. So Joe Q has say as long as they make profit.

Hence why Disney is blacklisting those properties yet Marvel isn't.

Because they are still Marvel characters.

Ok that makes more sense. One more time though, is there a source for that? I'd like to read that story.

Many of us assumed this was the case, but now we have official confirmation that the Netflix TV shows (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Defenders) will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Few quotes from Joe Quesada:

There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies. They will exist within the cinematic universe again, so this is all the same world as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers.

Although these are superhero stories, this is different now. This is the street level…this is the street level noir side of the Marvel Universe. Something that you haven’t really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies. And probably more ground level, than I think you’ve seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street level superheroes.

More here for quotes specific to the Daredevil series.

TDLink

Can u guys point out some stuff that makes annihilation conquest so appealing to you?

I read it and thought it was good but not special. Perhaps I'm not as big on the cosmic stuff in marvel.

Conquest is actually only "okay" in my eyes. It has a fairly cool climax and the forming (in the comics) of the GotG. That is what makes it pretty cool. However, the original Annihilation is far more appealing as an event (and I think it would make a better movie). I also think the GotG and Nova stories that happen post-Conquest are mostly better (not counting that awful Colosseum story near the end of the Nova run).

It's obvious though that Conquest has major adaptation potential now that they are already using Ultron in Avengers 2 and setting up the GotG with their own film.

neoanarch

Many of us assumed this was the case, but now we have official confirmation that the Netflix TV shows (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Defenders) will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Few quotes from Joe Quesada:

Feige confirmed that when they were announced, again when they announced the NY deal and a few times during interviews. I can't imagine why that is still questioned.

Showaddy

Seems like Stan Lee is going to have a GOTG cameo after all and to quote the man himself, the scene involves a really pretty girl.

Neoxon

Seems like Stan Lee is going to have a GOTG cameo after all and to quote the man himself, the scene involves a really pretty girl.
I'm gonna go with one of three guesses...

- He's in The Collector's collection in a scene with Carina
- He's a Nova Corps officer in a scene with Nova Prime Rael
- He's in Knowere with either Gamora or a random alien girl

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Gartooth

I'd be more excited for TV properties like Daredevil if I wasn't afraid it'd end up crap like Agents of SHIELD.

Also in regards to cosmic Marvel events, I thought the best parts of Annihilation: Conquest were the Star Lord tie-ins with the forming of his team, along with the last few issues of the event itself. Annihilation was a better event overall, but I didn't care for some of the tie ins. (Super Skrull particularly)

Neoxon

I'd be more excited for TV properties like Daredevil if I wasn't afraid it'd end up crap like Agents of SHIELD.
To be fair, SHIELD has gotten better. Maybe they'll take the lessons they learned early on into the Netflix shows.

Anyway, I'm calling it right now. The GotG trailer is getting classified next week or the week after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom