• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I think the next Thor movie should go an entirely different direction:
4AYIKk1m.jpg

Nah, they need to bust out Beta Ray Bill.

bS4kwFb.jpg

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I finally saw The Winter Soldier tonight. It was f-ing wonderful. It definitely set the bar higher for future Marvel movies, and I hope the powers that be recognize that.

Can someone explain the origin of Captain Marvel's powers? I'm reading the current series on Marvel Unlimited, but they only sorta kinda talk about where Carol got them, and the Wikipedia page is nonsensical since like 5 people have had the name.

Carol started as Ms. Marvel right? Then took the name Captain Marvel and now some new girl has Ms. Marvel?

Then there's also Marvel Girl, Jean Grey's original name. Christ Marvel, we get it, you really like your name.

They need to officially announce Doctor Strange and get the casting underway pronto.

I need my mind put at ease. His casting is very important.

*frets*

Can someone explain the origin of Captain Marvel's powers? I'm reading the current series on Marvel Unlimited, but they only sorta kinda talk about where Carol got them, and the Wikipedia page is nonsensical since like 5 people have had the name.

Carol started as Ms. Marvel right? Then took the name Captain Marvel and now some new girl has Ms. Marvel?

Then there's also Marvel Girl, Jean Grey's original name. Christ Marvel, we get it, you really like your name.

There was this Kree device called the "psyche-magnetron" that was supposedly capable of granting the user's wishes - it was able to do or produce anything Kree science could come up with. She literally refers to it as "an alien wishing machine."

It was used by the Kree warrior Yon-Rogg to build a Mandroid to fight Captain Marvel, and was destroyed when Mar-Vehl tricked the Mandroid into shooting it. Carol had been captured by Yon-Rogg and the Psyche-Magnitron sensed her hidden desire to become a hero like Mar-Vehl. It took some parts of his Kree genetic makeup and fused it with hers, giving her powers.

He's tied up with the Daredevil license, so Marvel has him back now. It'll be interesting to see how they handle him on the Netflix show.

Would they ever implement the Kingpin into the MCU movies? Since there's no Doctor Doom, they could let him take his place for a master villian.

TDLink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptJ04oATYu8#t=221

Chadwick Boseman is asked about rumors of starring as Black Panther at 3:35. His reaction is pretty interesting.

His reaction definitely seems to indicate he's been cast. And there were those reports of him screen testing for the role a while ago. However, a Black Panther movie isn't even on the public slate yet, so if he is actually cast this early it could only mean he has some sort of role in Avengers 2.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Cap 2 spoilers:

When Cap throws away his shield at the end, perhaps he loses it permanently and so he goes to Wakanda to get vibranium to build a new shield.

TDLink

Cap 2 spoilers:

When Cap throws away his shield at the end, perhaps he loses it permanently and so he goes to Wakanda to get vibranium to build a new shield.

It's in the hospital scene after that. It fell into a river, easily retrievable.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Yeah, I don't know why people are so hung up on that. Just because you didn't see anyone pick it up, it doesn't mean that it was lost.
Eh, I understand the confusion. The way that part was shot, the shield falling down to the ground seemed like more of a thing than it really was.

Ovid

Cap 2 spoilers:

No, it was retrieved.

Also, Cap and Falcon go on another mission at the end of the movie. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go without his shield.

anaron

As much as I'd like it to be an indication of it not going forward somehow, I'm not sure that's a sign of anything but the clusterfuck production is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom