• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

I just hope that the Netflix shows have much higher budgets than Agents of Shield. There's no excuse for that show's special effects to look so shitty.

Gartooth

To be fair, SHIELD has gotten better. Maybe they'll take the lessons they learned early on into the Netflix shows.

I only made it 6 episodes through SHIELD before quitting so it probably did improve, but I don't feel like forcing myself through the rest of the episodes in order to get to whatever payoff the Winter Soldier tie-ins have.

Neoxon

I only made it 6 episodes through SHIELD before quitting so it probably did improve, but I don't feel like forcing myself through the rest of the episodes in order to get to whatever payoff the Winter Soldier tie-ins have.
Things start to pick up at around the Sif episode, maybe an episode sooner.

I just hope that the Netflix shows have much higher budgets than Agents of Shield. There's no excuse for that show's special effects to look so shitty.

Or have a team that knows how to better handle a smaller budget. Arrow has to have a lower budget than SHIELD, but looks a thousand times better. It is all about how smart you use the money.

Neoxon

I'm changing my GotG Trailer #2 classification prediction to next week.

Godzilla is on its way, & it's gonna be huge. Marvel would be smart to attach a new hype-inducing GotG trailer with it. Plus Latino Review supposedly already saw the trailer (if that description is legit like their previous GotG scoops).

TDLink

Things start to pick up at around the Sif episode, maybe an episode sooner.

Which is epsiode #15 out of 22. Way too long for the show to get from bad to mediocre/decent. Luckily, Daredevil is going to be only 13 episodes and not tied specifically to one of the movies, so the chances of it being tighter/better quality are much higher.

I'm changing my GotG Trailer #2 classification prediction to next week.

Godzilla is on its way, & it's gonna be huge. Marvel would be smart to attach a new hype-inducing GotG trailer with it. Plus Latino Review supposedly already saw the trailer (if that description is legit like their previous GotG scoops).

I hope you're right. If Latino Review's description is accurate...I need to see this trailer.

Neoxon

Which is epsiode #15 out of 22. Way too long for the show to get from bad to mediocre/decent. Luckily, Daredevil is going to be only 13 episodes and not tied specifically to one of the movies, so the chances of it being tighter/better quality are much higher.

I hope you're right. If Latino Review's description is accurate...I need to see this trailer.
When I said an episode or do earlier, I was referring to
when Skye got shot
onward.

So it won't run long enough to get decent? :p

Ithil

That's cute.

Didn't think this was worth a thread, and hell, it's a bit of a stretch to post it here, but remember this DOFP image?

X-Men-Quicksilver-and-sister-570x294.jpg

Well Singer confirmed that she isn't Scarlet Witch

So, the twins having a big role in Apocalypse AFTER Avengers 2? Well, color me shocked!

To complete the Aaron Johnson/Evan Peters Kick-Ass connection, cast someone who has been in a movie alongside Elizabeth Olsen.

The fact that Skye and Ward wont be on Daredevil is a huge plus in that shows favor.

Gartooth

What do you all think about GotG 2 in regards to Marvel's planning and a potential release? I'd hope that they at least have one in mind so that we don't have to wait 4 or 5 years to see a sequel in the event that the film is a hit, but at the same time their schedule is already pretty heavy with 2015 and 2016 essentially being locked down in terms of releases. (although that's just me assuming that the second 2016 movie has already been decided as Dr. Strange)

What do you all think about GotG 2 in regards to Marvel's planning and a potential release? I'd hope that they at least have one in mind so that we don't have to wait 4 or 5 years to see a sequel in the event that the film is a hit, but at the same time their schedule is already pretty heavy with 2015 and 2016 essentially being locked down in terms of releases. (although that's just me assuming that the second 2016 movie has already been decided as Dr. Strange)

I doubt that Marvel is too worried about GotG, but I also doubt that they'd be so confident in GotG as to greenlight a sequel before they see how it does at the box office, and I'd be surprised if their second 2016 film isn't already locked in (most likely Dr. Strange, as you suggest).

I would guess instead that their second 2017 film is TBD depending in large part on how GotG is received. Could be GotG2, could be another cosmic property like Nova or Captain Marvel, could be something completely different.

Gartooth

I thought Marvel said that they will be doing one sequel and one "original" title per year from now on? So 2016 will be Cap 3 and a new hero.

That was one of the things that made me think that we wouldn't see GotG 2 for a while depending entirely on how long Phase 3 lasts. Cap already has 2016 locked down for sequels, with Thor likely coming in 2017. Depending on the release date of Avengers 3, GotG 2 would either come in in 2018 or 2019 at the earliest.

I thought Marvel said that they will be doing one sequel and one "original" title per year from now on? So 2016 will be Cap 3 and a new hero.

Marvel also said that they weren't against doing 3 movies a year either.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a schedule like this:

Aug 2014 - GotG
May 2015 - Avengers 2
July 2015 - Ant-Man
May 2016 - Cap 3
Jul/Aug 2016 - Dr. Strange(?)
May 2017 - GotG 2 (?)
Aug 2017 - Black Panther (?)
Nov 2017 - Thor 3
April 2018 - Hulk 2
Jul 2018 - Avengers 3

sol_bad

I'm going to guess that GotG's mid credit scene is going to tease the next cosmic film. It makes sense to me.
I think Marvel will keep the Earth based and cosmic based films seperate until Avengers in phase 4.

Thor in the MCU is basically an alien and travels to other planets. Thor 2 teased GotG which is cosmic based while Cap2 teased Avengers 2 which is Earth based.

Does this not make sense to anyone?

*EDIT*
The reason I feel Earth and cosmic characters won't come together until phase 4 or beyond is simply because there have been 12 Earth based films by the release of Cap 3, 10 if you want to count Thor as cosmic.
Meanwhile a singular cosmic film by the release of Cap 3, 3 cosmic films if you want to include Thor as cosmic.
We simply haven't spent enough time with cosmic characters.

By the time A3 comes the MCU will be STACKED. I call it right now that it will be a 2 part movie, in TLOR fashion.

You're too late, I called that a long ass time ago. They need to have Earth Avengers and Space Avengers collide to take on Thanos and whoever his minions are. It will need to be longer than 1 movie.

Moppeh

Banned
I'm going to guess that GotG's mid credit scene is going to tease the next cosmic film. It makes sense to me.

I was thinking another Avengers tease or something about Ant-Man. The next cosmic movie probably won't be until 2017, and it doesn't make much sense, IMO, to hype a movie that's three years away when you have other properties to show off.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
One of the post credit stingers has to be Rhomann Dey heading to Earth so they can set up Richard Ryder becoming Nova.

TDLink

The GotG credits scene will almost certainly be something else Cosmic related. They want GotG to start a bunch of new Cosmic films, not just link back to The Avengers. Not every movie needs to tease the very next one. They teased Thanos in Avengers and he is now not showing up until GotG...4 films and 2 years later. I definitely suspect a Nova tease of some sort, or perhaps something further with Thanos or Ronan. I also expect if they have a second scene it would be with the GotG and more light hearted, similar to the Shawarma in Avengers.

I'm sure there will be 2 post credit scenes. 1 with a future cosmic tie-in/setup, possibly back to Thor 3, Nova or Captain Marvel.
The other could be something GotG related that ties into with events on earth leading into Avengers 2. or maybe an expanded flashback of Quill getting abducted on earth back in the 80's, a Kree soldier being mortally wounded and left behind, and then SHIELD recovering the body and taking it in for examinations. Also leaving something behind that shows up once again in Ant-Man as an integral device to discovering "Pym Particles"... for example.

Neoxon

I'm sure there will be 2 post credit scenes. 1 with a future cosmic tie-in/setup, possibly back to Thor 3, Nova or Captain Marvel.
The other could be something GotG related that ties into with events on earth leading into Avengers 2. or maybe an expanded flashback of Quill getting abducted on earth back in the 80's, a Kree soldier being mortally wounded and left behind, and then SHIELD recovering the body and taking it in for examinations. Also leaving something behind that shows up once again in Ant-Man as an integral device to discovering "Pym Particles"... for example.

According to Edgar Wright, MCU Hank was Ant-Man in the 60's, not the 80's. That may have changed since the original draft, but because Feige said that Ant-Man being pitched so early helped shape the MCU to accommodate, that time frame likely stayed the same.

TDLink

I think there's 0% chance you're going to see a link to Agents of SHIELD in one of the MCU movies' post credit scenes.

TDLink

Yeah I'm guessing Blade will show up in a TV show or get his own TV show rather than getting a MCU movie of his own. I think that's the path they are going to go with all "street level" heroes.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.latino-review.com/news/tim-blake-nelson-fantastic-four-hulk-movie

Lou Ferrigno says another Hulk standalone film coming soon.

Speaking of Hulk and the proposed sequels that seemingly fell off the slate once they recast the character for a third time, Lou Ferrigno told a local radio station in Minnesota that Marvel is- indeed- planning another solo film. After talking about how Ruffalo's Hulk was the "star of the movie" in the first Avengers, claiming he "saved the day," the actor said, "Now because he saved the day they're making another solo Hulk movie after the second Avengers comes out."

Blade would probably work better as a TV show. He's had three movies already, which is a lot for such a minor character.
It worked better as a movie than a tv show. I mean the 3rd one was bad but the first two were great. I say have Michael Jai White play him. I can't think of other black martial artist to play Blade then him and Snipes.

It worked better as a movie than a tv show. I mean the 3rd one was bad but the first two were great. I say have Michael Jai White play him. I can't think of other black martial artist to play Blade then him and Snipes.

As much as I think Jai White's name gets thrown out there as a suggestion for super hero roles too much, I like this idea.

Oh, actually I'd kind of rather have Sam Elliot and Jennifer Conelly too. But but the other two from TIH should reprise their roles. Hell Ty Burell is a lot bigger star now than he was then.

Actually, who's the better voice actor between Hurt/Elliot and Tyler/Conelly? That's the real question, haha.

By the way, I think it's kind of funny that Agents of SHIELD finally put the nail in the canon coffin for Bana-Hulk.

I know that BanaHulk isn't part of the MCU per se, but NortonHulk was such a soft reboot it was totally functional as a sequel. The first movie ends with Banner hiding in South America; the origin is just a series of flashback images that don't really negate the first movie, and there's no in-universe specific reason that Ang Lee's Hulk isn't part of the same continuity. At least that was the case until General Talbot, who died in The Hulk, showed up in Agents of SHIELD a few weeks ago. I know that the second movie wasn't really a sequel, but I always viewed it as a unique instance of a sequel/reboot hybrid. Kind of a "squint test sequel".

I want a Red Hulk!

If there's one thing in recent Marvel history I think is tough to sell to the movie going audience, it's having 4 different Hulks running around.

But I seriously do not give a fuck because a Hulk vs. Rulk fight would be the most glorious thing ever committed to film.

Village

If there's one thing in recent Marvel history I think is tough to sell to the movie going audience, it's having 4 different Hulks running around.

But I seriously do not give a fuck because a Hulk vs. Rulk fight would be the most glorious thing ever committed to film.

I don't think its a hard sell, its hard to set up.
They gotta establish Modok
The leader
She hulk
the illuminati
hulk being sent to space
coming back and wrecking shit
possible children
Bruce banner being OP scientist supreme
The red hulk and red she hulk.

And to be honest If I were marvel, I would just establish red she hulk she ends up being far more interesting and important.

brian577

Banned
Which is epsiode #15 out of 22. Way too long for the show to get from bad to mediocre/decent.

Really? Star Trek TNG went through two seasons before it found it's footing. Half a season is hardly bad. Hell, how many years did Clone Wars suck?

J10

Banned

Give Marrese Crump some acting lessons. He was in Tom Yum Goong 2.

TDLink

Really? Star Trek TNG went through two seasons before it found it's footing. Half a season is hardly bad. Hell, how many years did Clone Wars suck?

Both TNG and Clone Wars had promising episodes in those early years before "finding their footing". And much earlier than the 15th episode of the series. Agents of SHIELD had no promising anything beyond the promising premise of being a show taking place in the MCU. In fact, I would describe those episodes pre-Winter Soldier (15-17 or whatever) merely as promising. The first promising ones. Only after Winter Soldier has the show actually become something I would call good. And only the most recent one was compelling on its own, not relying purely on the Winter Soldier plot twist...although it is still because of the Winter Soldier plot twist.

Will the show maintain the quality now? I sure hope so. All that said, the show still has a way to go before it should be compared with something like TNG, or even Clone Wars, in terms of overall quality. And it's still not entirely certain how or if it's going to maintain its new-found quality once the events of The Winter Soldier are a bit more of a cold revelation.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Daredevil's production should be about to begin. Do we even know anything about the cast? The lack of news about is both displeasing and troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom