• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Daredevil's production should be about to begin. Do we even know anything about the cast? The lack of news about is both displeasing and troubling.

An interview last week said the cast details should be coming very soon. I imagine we'll know within the next two weeks. Production is set to begin first week of June.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
These animals looks like they come directly out of Metal Gear Solid 4. Looks like some of the members of the Beauty & The Beast Unit and some Gekkos.

histopher

I am a bit meh on Black Panther tbh, although must admit I dont know much about him.
Seems like he is a better fighter and leader than Cap as well as being smarter than Tony. Just seems like too much to me. Please tell me if I'm wrong happy to be educated...

BLACKLAC

http://instagram.com/p/nl7ORuDpu3/#
86461feed3df11e3ae3f0002c9559f6c_8.jpg

J10

Banned
I am a bit meh on Black Panther tbh, although must admit I dont know much about him.
Seems like he is a better fighter and leader than Cap as well as being smarter than Tony. Just seems like too much to me. Please tell me if I'm wrong happy to be educated...

Nobody seems to think it's too much when it comes to somebody like Batman. Funny how that works.

The only way they can bring in Black panther is to heavily change his origins.

Wakanda is such a bullshit thing.

I wonder if you feel the same way about Latveria.

IHaveIce

Banned
Nobody seems to think it's too much when it comes to somebody like Batman. Funny how that works.

I wonder if you feel the same way about Latveria.
Yes I do. Latveria would also not fit in in the current MCU, though more than Wakanda with its ubertechnology.

TDLink

DieH@rd

Banned
Arad had no influence beyond Iron Man 1/2 and The Incredible Hulk.

Of couse he did not have influence for latter movies, but that is not the point. He was instrumental in creation of modern superhero movement [Spiderman/Xmen/FF franchise] and was also responsible for building foundation of Marvel's internal film studio. Sure, they kicked him but his contribution to MCU needs to be remembered.

TDLink

Of couse he did not have influence for latter movies, but that is not the point. He was instrumental in creation of modern superhero movement [Spiderman/Xmen/FF franchise] and was also responsible for building foundation of Marvel's internal film studio. Sure, they kicked him but his contribution to MCU needs to be remembered.

Sure, he definitely deserves some credit, but even if he laid the groundwork it's Feige who has actually built it up...and is continuing to expand it. He's suggesting that Feige deserves no credit and is being told to take it because his superiors are making him. That's just stupid.

I don't see how Wakanda is bullshit but Asgard is okay. Both are just make believe places in a shared fictional universe.

I don't agree with him (I would love to see Wakanda) but I'm guessing it is because Asgard is not on Earth and Wakanda is. The MCU taking place on a more "grounded" and "realistic" Earth would make Wakanda being around a strange revelation.

That being said, MCU is getting further away from "reality" with every film, so that's not really an excuse that can stand at this point (and I imagine especially not after Age of Ultron).

neoanarch

Sure, he definitely deserves some credit, but even if he laid the groundwork it's Feige who has actually built it up...and is continuing to expand it. He's suggesting that Feige deserves no credit and is being told to take it because his superiors are making him. That's just stupid.

I don't agree with him (I would love to see Wakanda) but I'm guessing it is because Asgard is not on Earth and Wakanda is. The MCU taking place on a more "grounded" and "realistic" Earth would make Wakanda being around a strange revelation.

That being said, MCU is getting further away from "reality" with every film, so that's not really an excuse that can stand at this point (and I imagine especially not after Age of Ultron).

There isn't anything really unrealistic about Wakanda if we go by the current MCU. They are a super secretive and isolationist country so its not stretch for Wakanda not be to be well known or not have a great deal of influence on the outside world. Their advanced technology really wouldn't be that much of a stretch either in world with Iron Man, SHIELD Helicarriers and Hydra tech from WWII. AoS further bends the tech curve with Graviton, Blizzard and Deathlok.

okdakor

Found some interesting conceptual art from a artist for a Black Panther movie. I'd hope the movie would look something like this guys going for.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/03...64835?lt_source=external,manual,manual#!IizuP

This art is not related to BP

http://crazyasian1.deviantart.com/gallery/45289435

B5(Big Five) is my project that addresses the issue of illegal poaching with the use of advanced drone technology. The drones take the shape of local African wildlife and utilize characteristics and traits specific to each.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

yeah whoever reported that story needs to get their facts straight.

Wakanda is insanely cool and if it gets neutered I'll be pissed. Marvel ran out of excuses for how crazy they're willing to be the moment they put Rocket Raccoon on screens.

Blader

Wow, so much salt. LOL

Speaking of which, I don't recall Feige ever taking single-handed credit for Marvel's planning and success. When he talks about the studio and their movie slates, it's a lot of "We did this" and "We believed in this character."

I don't see how Wakanda is bullshit but Asgard is okay. Both are just make believe places in a shared fictional universe.

I think it's more that Thor and Guardians happen on other planets and across the galaxy, so weird, out-of-this world shit is kind of expected. Whereas Black Panther not only happens on Earth, but in the heart of Africa, and that weird blend of wielding incredibly advanced tech while living in the bush sticks out in a strange way.

Well, Arad did support Marvel Studios going into self-production and was probably key in getting that initiative off the ground, so I think there's a lot of truth here.

On the other hand, there are a number of sources to the effect that Arad disagreed with Maisel, Feige, and other execs over the characters being used and the number of films being made. I suspect that he wouldn't have had stand-alone Thor or Captain America films made before Avengers, for one thing.

duckroll

I think it's clear that Arad is salty as fuck, especially from the tone of his response. But he does have a point. The article made it sound like he balked at the idea and bailed out, and Marvel succeeded by their own ability only after he left. As a businessman, he probably hate how that makes him look bad and incompetent.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I think Arad doesn't get much credit for what he's done... but if he stayed with Marvel, I don't think they would be as successful as they are now.

Tom_Cody

Another issue here is that he seems to be speaking entirely from the business end and not the creative end.

I have never seen any indication that he is responsible for creative decisions that fans have enjoyed in the finished films.

Dai101

Banned
Another issue here is that he seems to be speaking entirely from the business end and not the creative end.

I have never seen any indication that he is responsible for creative decisions that fans have enjoyed in the finished films.

Well, he's responsible for venom in spider man 3..

PsychBat!

Banned
I was going to post the Avi Arad article as a new thread. He has truth to a few of his statements but he is a damn crybaby here. I will never forgive him for insisting on putting Venom in Spider-Man 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom