• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel's probably all-hands-on-deck right now with Agent Carter and Ant-Man, and just doesn't have the capacity right now to produce a one-shot that would be worth of the later productions like Agent Carter and All Hail the King.

It sucks, but I guess we can't expect a one-shot on EVERY home release.

Or maybe they are changing gears and will start doing One-Shots before the cinema showings like Pixar and Disney do with their shorts.

edit: Variety is reporting on Brolin as Thanos now.

Don't know if this has been posted or not...but I found it funny how many people claimed that Quicksilver wasn't a complete afterthought in DoFP.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/how-quicksilvers-standout-scene-in-x-men-days-of-87308240107.html

The crowd-pleasing scene was actually a late addition to the film. Early versions of the script (when First Class director Matthew Vaughn was attached) didn’t even include Quicksilver; it was the mutant Juggernaut who helped break Magneto out of Pentagon lockdown, mostly by busting through walls. The Quicksilver-for-Juggernaut swap was one of the first notes Vaughn’s replacement, X-Men vet Bryan Singer, delivered to screenwriter Simon Kinberg. “He felt like we had sort of exhausted, visually, Juggernaut’s powers in [X-Men: The Last Stand], and so he wanted a new character, a new kind of visual power, that we could explore,” Kinberg explains.

TDLink

Or maybe they are changing gears and will start doing One-Shots before the cinema showings like Pixar and Disney do with their shorts.

I would be all for this. Not everyone watches the DVD extras. If it's in front of the movie, it is going to be something everyone sees.

DieH@rd

Banned
tumblr_mq4ou32iW51qcga5ro1_500.gif

What a mess.

jmood88

This is all a ruse for when they bring Edgar Wright onstage at Comic Con to announce that they're doing a Black Panther vs Ant-Man movie.

Honestly they should instead go ahead with the Black Widow/Hawkeye movie people have been speculating about instead.

Ant-Man is just a meh character to me and I'd rather see ScarJo and Renner on screen doing cool stuff than Paul Rudd.

That could just be me though. Probably is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly they should instead go ahead with the Black Widow/Hawkeye movie people have been speculating about instead.

Ant-Man is just a meh character to me and I'd rather see ScarJo and Renner on screen doing cool stuff than Paul Rudd.

I think BW/Hawkeye movie is even more useless than an Ant-Man one in the grand scheme of things. Especially after Cap 2 and a greater focus on Hawkeye in Age of Ultron.

I think BW/Hawkeye movie is even more useless than an Ant-Man one in the grand scheme of things. Especially after Cap 2 and a greater focus on Hawkeye in Age of Ultron.

But at least a BW/Hawkeye movie would highlight a girl in the MCU actually doing something big, presumably. Rather than introducing another 30+ year old guy into the MCU it would be cool to see Marvel focus on females a bit. This current Avengers team is a bit of a sausage fest. Which isn't really all that bad but adding in something different would be fun.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
But at least a BW/Hawkeye movie would highlight a girl in the MCU actually doing something big, presumably. Rather than introducing another 30+ year old guy into the MCU it would be cool to see Marvel focus on females a bit. This current Avengers team is a bit of a sausage fest. Which isn't really all that bad but adding in something different would be fun.
It'll come.
As long as ScarJo's Lucy movie does well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
But then why not Ms. Marvel? Develop more females instead of just the femme fatale they've already given so much exposition.

jmood88

I'd rather see them cancel it and do something else but it seems that they're just too far along to do that.

anaron

But then why not Ms. Marvel? Develop more females instead of just the femme fatale they've already given so much exposition.
Except there still isn't a single female led film and Black Widow is currently the female face of the franchise and therefore the easiest guarantee.

It'll come.
As long as ScarJo's Lucy movie does well.

Kinda what I was thinking, to be honest. I know Disney/Marvel have nothing to do with that movie but I imagine if that movie does well then they'll move forward with the BW/Hawkeye movie. Could just be wishful thinking.

I wouldn't argue. Would love to have Katee Sackhoff play her.

I'd rather see them cancel it and do something else but it seems that they're just too far along to do that.

I've just never been interested in him as a character but that's just me. I definitely wouldn't mind a straight cancel at this point, as hard as that would be.

Except there still isn't a single female led film and Black Widow is currently the female face of the franchise and therefore the easiest guarantee.

Pretty much my thinking.

Showaddy

I don't think Iv'e got the energy for a Black Widow film after Cap 2, Captain Marvel could be a hell of a lot of fun though.

1upmuffin

So, Edgar Wright gone, Adam McKay gone... I'm starting to wonder if Ant-Man is gonna happen at all, or at least if they are gonna delay it.

I do hope they can find someway for Wright to direct a MCU movie sometime, I think he could do a really good job with a superhero film.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Crap. Crap in a bucket.

I like Hank Pym but don't care about Scott Lang... I really want to see Wasp brought into the MCU though. I hope Marvel finds a way to make it work.
Did they not cast a Wasp already? Because if they didn't, wat

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

yeah i always forget that star power is a big part of this and ScarJo has it these days. However i think they could pull off another iron man if they did Carol Danvers, or Monica Rambeau or She Hulk . I personally want to see Mockingbird , Misty Knight and Colleen Wing , got my fingers crossed for the netflix shows.

90% of what they say here was in line with speculation/obviousness from the trailers/outright confirmation from interviews. The only thing they really "spoil" is his alleged form of appearance for most of the film.

I also think it's less-likely, at this point, that Loki's sceptre is or contains an Infinity Stone. I remember people thinking its blue gem was the Mind Gem, but that was before the phrase "Infinity Stone" was ever uttered onscreen - not to mention the Asgardians seem to be aware of the Infinity Stones, so it's likely something they would've asked to lay claim to instead of leaving it in SHIELD's hands. The sceptre seems to be powered by the Tesseract, anyway.

deleted

Horror director Scott Derrickson (Sinister, The Day the Earth Stood Still) directing Dr. Strange

BpPNTn8CEAA6o8_.jpg

http://screenrant.com/marvel-doctor-strange-movie-director-scott-derrickson/

WTH - after the interview with Feige going on about the right kinda guy and tone for Strange this is the one they come up with? He has not made one good movie which is certainly possible in the low-mid budget horror tier.

With this and Wright leaving, I can feel the first two shakey projects arriving for Marvel.

deleted

#Marvelisdoomed

Not doomed, they still pull mostly the right punches - but they had weird moves before in the budget department (IM2, Warmachine) and now they make them where it matters more. I lost interest in AntMan without Wright and I don't have any interest in a Dr. Strange movie from Derrickson. Weird move.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Depends on who writes the Strange film.

The Day the Earth Stood Still did achieve a weird, otherworldly vibe that was ominous. Ignoring story problems or casting.

Between that movie and the Silent Hill-esque mood in Hellraiser Inferno I am legit curious to see what this guy could do with a good script and the right cast.

Meh, for a Marvel movie the director choice doesn't matter to me as much as who is writing the thing. I think despite a few stumbles in his filmography, a choice like this can work purely for the tone and aesthetic they want to achieve - and someone with an eye for supernatural/horror films is a great choice for Strange.

Marvel pretty much knows the story they want to tell and I think people need to come to terms with the fact that their director choice doesn't carry the same kind of weight it does for other movie studios. And that goes both ways - a good director like Branagh can't make a mediocre Thor script into a great movie, and an iffy director like Derrickson won't necessarily make a bad Doctor Strange movie if the script is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom