• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Cody

Gamora's Poster

dWNaAzj.jpg

And a review of the advance screening of GotG
Nice.

Now give me my Nebula poster.

If that's true...

It's weird that they'd break Thor and Jane up right after re-solidifying them at the end of TDW. I don't really mind, but it kinda screams whiplash.

If that's true...

It's weird that they'd break Thor and Jane up right after re-solidifying them at the end of TDW. I don't really mind, but it kinda screams whiplash.

They got together at the end of The Dark World and some time later find out they can't stand each other. I hope. Thor & Sif forever and always.

Sounds super fake.

They go home and throw a party? What, because saving the world is the superhero equal to a frat pledge drive?

They celebrated with food at the end of the first film. What's wrong with a party?

I always enjoyed the downtime issues from comics. Nice break from all the drama. And usually those downtime issues end with shit hitting the fan again so they have to get back to work.

Milabrega

If that's true...

Hasn't Natalie Portman wanted out of the MCU contract after they changed directors/script on TDW?

J10

Banned
They celebrated with food at the end of the first film. What's wrong with a party?

I always enjoyed the downtime issues from comics. Nice break from all the drama. And usually those downtime issues end with shit hitting the fan again so they have to get back to work.

Celebratory drinks after defeating Ultron for the upteenth time.

RdyOwhx.jpg

Friends sitting around breaking balls. It's almost like they're real people.

Don't get me wrong - from a story standpoint it makes sense for them to be seen socializing with each other, especially after a battle. But a "party" sounds way too ridiculous. They'd be utterly drained from the fight (mentally and physically), and treating each post-battle like a homecoming game seems weird ("Hey, Jane, are you and Chris coming to the party after Thor beats up the Nazis?"). Of course, it all depends on execution.

J10

Banned
Tony partied pretty hard after his first confrontation with Whiplash. Partied so hard Rhodey had to slap the shit out of him with his own armor.

Steve partied with the Howling Commandos after rescuing them from the Red Skull.

Avoiding almost dying is probably the best reason to have a party.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Not much of a surprise but Crossbones will be back for Cap 3.

You mentioned that you’re getting a lot of phone calls for projects.

I’m going to go do ‘The Raid.’

Is that 100 percent happening?

Well, they offered me the film and we’re in the process of negotiating now. We shoot in September and I was supposed to be rehearsing by August. I was a big fan of the first ‘Raid’ and when I read the script, this does the first one justice as far as becoming an American version of it. I met with Patrick Hughes who just directed ‘Expendables 3‘ and I fell in love with that guy. And we were off to the races. Because of casting and time constraints — I’m on a TV series that doesn’t finish until August — we decided to push the movie until January. Right after that is ‘Cap 3′ — it will be around that time; so there’s that — and I’m in the process of shooting this great TV series called ‘Kingdom,’ which is like ‘Warrior.’ It’s funny, I’m more excited by my wife’s excitement and my mother and it’s fun for my kids. They get to see me in ‘Captain America.’

Did they ask why you were trying to kill Captain America?

Yes! They came to the set and they were looking at him — my six-year old could not figure out how he was standing in front of me, Captain America. And Chris Evans is a good friend now, so he played into it. So, to me, that’s what’s fun about it.

Have you seen the designs of the Crossbones costume you’ll get to wear in the next movie?

You know, they are so– I have to tell you…
Because his face is burnt now.

Yeah, his face is burned. If you read the comics about Crossbones, you know, Marvel always takes their interpretation of the comics. It’s exciting.

Is he like Black Widow and could show up in any of the Marvel movies?
Yes.

It doesn’t have to just be a Captain America movie?

No. He could show up in anything. He could have his own thing. He could really have his own thing.

danielcw

I wonder how that trailer will be handled in dubbing-territories,
because you can not advertise with the voices of Cooper and Diesel there

Neoxon

So supposedly
Richard Rider is in the mid-credits scene according to the main leaker at Latino Review.

If that's the case,
we can expect Richard Rider to return in the comics & other forms of media pretty damn soon. Thank god they didn't go with Sam, assuming they're right, & their GotG scoops have been on-point so far.

TDLink

So supposedly
Richard Rider is in the mid-credits scene according to the main leaker at Latino Review.

If that's the case,
we can expect Richard Rider to return in the comics & other forms of media pretty damn soon. Thank god they didn't go with Sam, assuming they're right, & their GotG scoops have been on-point so far.

Definitely no coincidence, coming out in August:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/g...8-what-happened-to-richard-rider/1100-148684/

So supposedly

If that's the case,

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do you guys think we really get the first batch of Phase III Announcement beside Ant Man and Doctor Strange on this years San Diego Comic Con?

TDLink

Do you guys think we really get the first batch of Phase III Announcement beside Ant Man and Doctor Strange on this years San Diego Comic Con?

I think Doctor Strange is a sure thing since they have hired a Director and rumours about writers and casting are swirling. We may get a full title for Captain America 3 also. I'm not so sure we will hear anything about Phase 3 beyond those movies though. They likely want to see how GotG does before completely confirming the rest of their slate.

Not sure of the legitimacy and there are potential spoilers, so I won't quote anything, but Ant-Man and AoU information in here. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-scoop-tidbits-on-avengers-2-ant-man-and-star-wars-vii-243

Fully articulated face for Ultron? Eh, not sure how I feel about that. If it is just a jaw moving that is fine, but lips and all just seem weird for him.

I know that at one point we will at least get a classic look version, which is fine. I mean that I trust Whedon to get that in at some point.

Ultron was involved in Annihilation? o_O

I definitly have to read my Omnibus now.

Well...

He's the villain of Annihilation Conquest. He's not in the original at all.

Ultron comes through and starts wrecking shit while everyone else is trying to pick up the pieces after Annihilation. But you do need to read Conquest because that is when they launched the new Guardians of the Galaxy. The good one.

Neoxon

So Ultron is basically gonna look like this.

yVkmTu5.jpg

Which is what I had hoped for.
I'm calling it right now.

Ultron somehow gets his ass sent into space, then upgrades himself & starts mass chaos up there. That's where the Guardians come in ....essentially an adaptation of Annihilation: Conquest, plus maybe some elements of the original Annihilation story.

J10

Banned
Pretty sure Ultron's involvement in Avengers 2 was announced at the same time as Guardians at a Comicon or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom