• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

As far as I know, that's not true, as Jenkins exited well before the film entered pre-production.

Well, that's a good point I hadn't considered either lol.

That said, I'm fully expecting a delay. It doesn't seem like Ant-Man really will be all that important with the material that's there. It's not like Wright necessarily cost Marvel a budget worth a truckload the last 8 years since most of it was script occupation in between working on Scott Pilgrim and The World's End.

J10

Banned
I've never seen him act, but I see lots of people saying good things about him. Sounds like good news to me.

heh...so much for "this is the end for Marvel". A compromise could have been made without completely ousting him from the Disney/Marvel family.

I can't see him settling to do something he doesn't want to do and as much as he loved Ant-Man (or perceived to love Ant-Man) smart people know when its time to walk away from something that isn't meant to be.

I do wonder how long this is going to delay Ant-Man though, they really haven't commented on it since and no one expects it to keep its date.

TDLink

Only if they call it Ms. Marvel :D

Honestly, while I would like to see a Ms. Marvel film I am not entirely sure how marketable the name "Ms. Marvel" actually is. "Captain Marvel" is a much more marketable film title, even if it is still starring Carol Danvers and is otherwise identical.

I think at this point they should not even touch the Ms. Marvel moniker for Carol for the movies. It's too tied to her...more unfortunate...costume design that people will definitely not take seriously for a movie. I can see all the news blogs blowing up about it without even looking into the fact that she doesn't wear it anymore.

The costume for Captain Marvel matches the book's more approachable tone and they should save Ms. Marvel for the chance that they ever give Kamala her own movie if she becomes popular enough.

I'd prefer the Ms. Marvel name, if only to avoid having 2 heroes with "Captain" in their names. It kinda irks me that with all the words in the world, we just keep tacking Captain onto the front of things for hero names.

TDLink

I'd prefer the Ms. Marvel name, if only to avoid having 2 heroes with "Captain" in their names. It kinda irks me that with all the words in the world, we just keep tacking Captain onto the front of things for hero names.

We already have a million heroes titled "___ Man". Captain Marvel is fine. The problem with Ms. Marvel is it sounds way too corny. Yeah, I know, so does "___ Man" and "Captain ___". But there is something about "Ms. Marvel" that just sits as way cornier and just not mainstream marketable as a name.

We already have a million heroes titled "___ Man". Captain Marvel is fine. The problem with Ms. Marvel is it sounds way too corny. Yeah, I know, so does "___ Man" and "Captain ___". But there is something about "Ms. Marvel" that just sits as way cornier and just not mainstream marketable as a name.

I think it's a fine name in general but it works much better for a young girl like Kamala. "Ms. Marvel" doesn't fit Carol's new persona much.

Jonogunn

Captain Marvel is the best title. Everyone will think it's the name of a male superhero and will be blown away when they see it's a female.

Ms. Marvel is such a golden age name and doesn't fit in this progressive world.

She's a captain afterall. Why not call her by her proper title.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The whole 'Marvel presents Ms. Marvel' thing has a particular cringe-worthy eponymity to me, although it's (thankfully) not quite approaching '"Bad Company" by Bad Company from the album Bad Company' territory.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
It'll be Captain because that's what she is currently. Warbird is a garbage name and so is Binary.

wasnt warbird like her call sign or whatever , i know she was called that just sounded like a pilots call sign to me. I think they will go with captain marvel. though i wouldnt mind them doing a full suit with the black and gold color scheme if she were to do ms marvel.

J10

Banned
I dunno if it was a call sign, but she was using Warbird when she was temporarily powerless and going through some rough shit, like right around the time the team broke up during Disassembled. Even the costume was lame.

Look up Carol cosplayers. The Captain suit translates to real life far better than the Ms. Marvel suit.

anaron

I actually like the 'Warbird' name tons. I just don't see Marvel going through with it due to their rebranding of Carol as Captain.

TDLink

The "rebranding" of Carol as Captain is probably just further indication of that being their plan for her in the MCU.

J10

Banned
Click twice and post what you get. Don't cheat. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Bonus points if you can come up with a name for yourself based on your abilities.

Omnireplication - The power to duplicate anything without limit.
The user can replicate anything such as themselves, objects, powers and anything else they can imagine so long as they have the original of course.​

Critical Impact - The ability to deal an attack exploiting the weak points in your opponent(s).
The user is able to deal attacks to the weak points in their enemy dealing double the damage or causing very lethal pain or fatal wounds. Highly advanced users can take down their opponent in one attack.​

Christ, I'm completely broken.

Click twice and post what you get. Don't cheat. http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Bonus points if you can come up with a name for yourself based on your abilities.

The user can replicate anything such as themselves, objects, powers and anything else they can imagine so long as they have the original of course.​

Critical Impact - The ability to deal an attack exploiting the weak points in your opponent(s).
The user is able to deal attacks to the weak points in their enemy dealing double the damage or causing very lethal pain or fatal wounds. Highly advanced users can take down their opponent in one attack.​

Electricity Empowerment - The power to gain strength from electricity. A variation of Energy Empowerment and Elemental Empowerment. Technique of Electricity Manipulation
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with electricity, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the electricity or even slow or stop aging.​

Squall Embodiment - The ability to become the embodiment of squall. Variation of Power Manifestation.
The user of this power can embody squall, the concept to disturb or cause a commotion out of annoyance.​

What the fuck is that second one?! The electricity one would be useful though

Gintamen

Invisibility Negation.
Power/Ability: The ability to negate invisibility
Laaaaame.:'(

Second try:
Pain Suppression
I will certainly die against any super villain.

Third one: Vibration Emission/Gura Gura no Mi
It balanced out crappy with overpowered ones.

When will Daredevil start again?

Expanding Energy Bolts

The ability to project energy bolts that expand at users will.

The user is able to launch bolts of energy that are able to rapidly expand on contact with an object or when it reaches the chosen place. These bolts are usually compressed force-fields that quickly expand to large sizes: for example a bolt the size of a baseball can expand to become the size of a car.

Gas Manipulation

The power to manipulate gaseous matter

Users can create, control and otherwise manipulate anything that is gaseous, a phase of matter characterized by relatively low density, high fluidity/no definite shape, and lack of rigidity. Gas is very compressible but tends to expand indefinitely, and it fills any container. A small change in temperature or pressure produces a substantial change in its volume.

Good combination that is not too OP. :D

Gambit

Alternate-Self Absorption

The ability to absorb/assimilate alternate versions of oneself from different timelines or realities to gain untold levels of power.

The user can absorb an alternate version of themselves from a different time-stream or universe to gain immense power. This power brings the user closer towards becoming a singular being and as such allows them to obtain a divine level of power if all their alternate selves are absorbed.

Life-Force Beam Emission

The ability to project beams of life energy. Sub-power of Life-Force Attacks, variation of Elemental Beam Emission.

The user can project beams of concentrated life-force energy. They can deal great damage, possibly even enough to vaporize/disintegrate.

That distinctly sounds as if I am on the path to super villainy

Fox1304

Ionic Manipulation
The power to manipulate ions. Sub-power of Charged Particles Manipulation, advanced form and the root power of Plasma Manipulation. Variation of Subatomic Manipulation and Energy Manipulation..

Life-Force Empowerment
Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with Life-Force, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the Life-Force or even slow or stop aging.

Is there anything above Omega Level ? :D

zerosum

Apathy - The power to suppress/negate emotions in oneself or possess none at all. Sub-power of Emotion Negation. Opposite of Empathy.

Reality Artistry - The power to transform, control and create reality through artistic means, or as thought as if using an art style. Sub-power of Enchanted Artistry

Jesus... It's like as a super hero, I'm an even lamer version of myself.

Fairy Dust Manipulation

Power/Ability To:

Manipulate fairy dust

Power to manipulate fairy dust. Variation of Magic Dust Manipulation.

Hybrid Physiology:

The power to possess the traits and abilities of two or more different species.

Wow, worst pair possible I bet.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

Magic Arrows - The power to create arrows from mystic forces or enhance arrows with magic.
Capabilities: The arrows are formed from magic and are capable of causing massive amount of damage or destruction. Arrows are able to take one the form of energy, the elements, as well as other forms of magic.

Razor Wind - The ability to use the air to slice objects.
Capabilities: The user is able to use air itself to slice objects, focusing a current of wind, or in some cases sound, to the point where it takes on a sharp edge which the caster launches at foes. If the pressure wave is strong enough, it can split the air itself to create a vacuum shock-wave sharp enough to slice through anything in its path.

So my name would be Glass Cannon.

Electricity Manipulation: The ability to manipulate electricity that generates a strong magnetic field.

Users can generate, absorb, create, and manipulate electricity that generates a strong magnetic field that exceeds the norm. They can use the energy to repulse and attract ferrous and possibly non-ferrous objects and electrify things at the same time, project blasts that restrain their opponents, and project blasts that induce magnetism etc.

Undead Manipulation: The power to hold command over the undead.

The users of this power can rule both physical and ghostly undead, command the dead souls, condemn them to torment, or steal the souls of dead/dying to increase the the legions of undead.

Electricity Manipulation: The ability to manipulate electricity that generates a strong magnetic field.

Users can generate, absorb, create, and manipulate electricity that generates a strong magnetic field that exceeds the norm. They can use the energy to repulse and attract ferrous and possibly non-ferrous objects and electrify things at the same time, project blasts that restrain their opponents, and project blasts that induce magnetism etc.

Undead Manipulation: The power to hold command over the undead.

The users of this power can rule both physical and ghostly undead, command the dead souls, condemn them to torment, or steal the souls of dead/dying to increase the the legions of undead.

LOL at the bolded part. Its like who ever wrote it took a physics class once but cant really remember what was taught. Any item can be magnetized with a strong enough field.

Super Form

The ability to transform into an enhanced state of being where one's innate powers are drastically improved and new abilities are acquired. A variation of Evolution.

Universal Force Manipulation

The user can manipulate all universal forces (Cosmic, Space-Time, etc.) and bend them to their will. The power to control cosmic energy, manipulate space-time, generate and control electromagnetism, gravity, cosmic fire, etc. is in the hands of the user.

TDLink

I'm not a moderator, but what does this have to do with the MCU???

That is very disappointing. I wonder what the reason is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom