• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way two tv directors that only had done comedy can pull out a good Captain America movie, NO WAY.

To be fair, the Russo's TV work was spectacular, particularly the episode of Community that basically got them the job.

But yeah, it's way too early to judge based on this guy's previous movies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Apparently there's some rumor that Jared Leto is or was being eyed for Strange? I saw an article about it earlier on Facebook.

Apparently there's some rumor that Jared Leto is or was being eyed for Strange? I saw an article about it earlier on Facebook.

I dunno if there's any legit source for it and any of the articles I've read only indicate an interest, not that anything has or will happen.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Alpha Flight was subtly referenced on Agents of Shield. They mentioned "Department H" which was the Canadian governments division that ran Alpha Flight

not_aware_waynes_world.gif

Well huh, guess it does count as seperate. Good to know!

I thought Alpha Flight would be owned by Fox because they're mutants. Would be happy to be wrong though.
Although usually associated with the X-Men, not all members are X-Men and there have been a couple of Alpha Flight series throught the years.
I guess some characters like Northstar, who have been X-men, would be more complicated. Who knows though.

jph139

Can't say I've ever heard of "Strikeforce Morituri" but from a quick Google is sounds like an interesting premise. New Warriors would be something... imagine introducing Nova in that before sending him off for a Cosmic crossover. Eric O'Grady Ant-Man would be amazing, too.

I can see a lot of these projects being for shorts or series (maybe a Netflix Phase 2 in the works?) rather than movies though.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Strikeforce Morituri would have to be a series. It'd probably be perfect for a limited length Netflix series - everyone could (and will) die. You wouldn't be signing actors for more than a few episodes each.

It's disconnected from the primary Marvel universe so they could do anything. On the other hand they could do an MCU version where the Morituri force is an experiment to deal with future alien invasions. (Technically the overload-prone Centipede soldiers from AoS are kind of similar to the Morituri force...)

TDLink

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/05...59989?lt_source=external,manual,manual#!UHmal

Marvel Studios has trademarked the following titles:

Age Of Ultron
Alpha Flight
Black Panther
Guardians Of The Galaxy
New Warriors
Rocket Raccoon
Strikeforce Morituri
Journey Into Mystery
Irredeemable Ant Man

I actually find Journey into Mystery the most interesting one on this list.

New Warriors means they will probably set up Nova before sending him to Cosmic...which I had hoped they would just skip over. But whatever, I guess that means 5+ years before we actually get to good Nova.

These were filed in December though, so before Ant-Man imploded. I'd imagine they won't be going forward with an Eric O'Grady film/show/one-shot/whatever any time soon if they can't even get the first and second Ant-Men into a movie.

Personally I don't see why they're in such a rush. I wish Pym was getting the spotlight he deserves.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Alpha Flight is like the Canadian equivalent of the Avengers
I had completely forgot about them D:

"Irredeemable Ant Man" eh? I see Marvel is being honest about the status of the movie at least.
*zing*

Any New Yorkers here? You should visit this exhibition, if you love the MCU: http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/1/5769224/avengers-on-display-touring-marvel-universe-in-times-square
That looks amazing!
It seems like they went all out on that.

eastx

Review of preview screening of Guardians of the Galaxy from Latino Review (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS)
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-first-review-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy

As many commenters are pointing out on that article, it's really mostly a spoiler-fest summary with a tiny bit of review (that is not supported with any details or examples) at the end. I recommend avoiding the "review" or just skipping to the end for the few critical observations it offers.

Gazunta

Oh god yes Strikeforce: Morituri was the first Marvel book I really got into when I first started collecting comics. And the premise is perfect for a live action series where you don't have to worry about actors getting old / quitting / dying. For an '80s Marvel comic the themes were really complex and I think it would translate well to TV. People talk about sacrifice for the greater good all the time, but would you actually go through with it? And is the whole thing just a slow-motion, publicly celebrated suicide? These people get lauded as celebrities, get augmented with amazing abilities - but will die within a year, possibly even weeks. How do you even function as a human being after going through the process?

I actually really liked Bring it On, and I'm an actual fan of the MCU so I'm still excited for Ant Man.

I'm all set with people shitting all over the movie and Marvel. I hope they knock it out of the park and the vocal minority of haters (who were clearly able to power Scott Pilgrim to blockbuster status) can eat a giant plate of crow.

I actually really liked Bring it On, and I'm an actual fan of the MCU so I'm still excited for Ant Man.

I'm all set with people shitting all over the movie and Marvel. I hope they knock it out of the park and the vocal minority of haters (who were clearly able to power Scott Pilgrim to blockbuster status) can eat a giant plate of crow.

I agree, but like I said in the other thread, I have a feeling, even if it's better received than Winter Soldier they'd never admit it. And if course there'll be the people who will do the whole "MCU? lol what a joke" attitude toward the whole thing anyway.

I really enjoyed Bring it On, and Down with Love was great as well. I have not seen Yes Man yet though. With Reed directing and McKay rewriting, I am intrigued again. Not hyped, but intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom