• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

If needed, Marvel can easily recast him.

Exactly. Or maybe Weaving could be talked into coming back for the end of a movie in which the Skull is disguised up until the climax. He comes back for the Transformers movies and those are just awful. Less work though, of course.

Neoxon

MarvelDisney.jpg

I called the design changes, by the way. The Disney Infinity figure designs for the Guardians were from their incoming animated series. I say animated series because Drax didn't really change much in his design since the Guardians' cameos in USM & AA, which was what tipped me off that this was for their eventual show.

For reference, here's all the Marvel figures that will be in Disney Infinity 2.0 (sans Big Hero 6, which counts as Disney in DI2.0).

DisneyInfinity2AllCharacters-1024x253-e1402425905454.jpg

The only one who doesn't look like their animated counterpart is Kid Nova, probably because
Richie is likely gonna be in the MCU & they wanted to avoid confusion between the two Novas.
Granted, there's also Thor with his lack of chain mail on his arms, but that's likely for graphical reasons.

duckroll

Exactly. Or maybe Weaving could be talked into coming back for the end of a movie in which the Skull is disguised up until the climax. He comes back for the Transformers movies and those are just awful. Less work though, of course.

Marvel probably isn't interested in getting him back after the comments he made about his lack of passion or interest in the role. For the record, he's not coming back in TF4 either, so there's that.

The book hasn't been terrible for awhile now. It's quite enjoyable imo.

It wasn't bad even when Loeb was writing it. But if you start out wanting to hate something, odds are you'll find reasons to do so. Or just as likely, you won't bother trying to decide for yourself if it actually merits said hatred.

If it wasn't for Loeb's weird dead son fantasy as the "hero" that thing would be cancelled already, easily one of the worst comics out there.

...case in point.

SoilBreak

Banned
It wasn't bad even when Loeb was writing it. But if you start out wanting to hate something, odds are you'll find reasons to do so. Or just as likely, you won't bother trying to decide for yourself if it actually merits said hatred.

Eh I simply wasn't enjoying it until wells join in.

If it wasn't for Loeb's weird dead son fantasy as the "hero" that thing would be cancelled already, easily one of the worst comics out there.

Uhhh no their are far much worst comics out there (like catwoman & new ultimates).

Luther & Doctor Who director Farren Vlackburn confirms that he will helm a daredevil episode

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=102299

Showaddy

Uhhh no their are far much worst comics out there (like catwoman & new ultimate).

What is it about the comic you like exactly? I just find the whole 'kid sitting on earth whining about his family and doing nothing' unbearable.

Edit: For the record if Loeb's son was a decent, adult character that actually went round the Galaxy doing interesting stuff I'd care a lot less about them dropping Rider.

Marvel probably isn't interested in getting him back after the comments he made about his lack of passion or interest in the role. For the record, he's not coming back in TF4 either, so there's that.

He signed a multi-film contract IIRC, so he'd be obligated to come back if Marvel wanted him. But you're not likely to get a great performance out of an actor who doesn't want to be on set and is appearing purely out of contractual obligation, so I'm sure they'll just recast when/if they bring the character back.

SoilBreak

Banned
What is it about the comic you like exactly? I just find the whole 'kid sitting on earth whining about his family and doing nothing' unbearable.

It's just a fun read every month. A story about a kid trying to help his family make ends meet while being a superhero (quite similar to peter parker). Sam also hasn't been sitting on earth doing nothing, he just came back having a space adventure with beta ray bill.

It's just a fun read every month. A story about a kid trying to help his family make ends meet while being a superhero (quite similar to peter parker). Sam also hasn't been sitting on earth doing nothing, he just came back having a space adventure with beta ray bill.

He also traveled to Knowhere and met Cosmo!

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

...case in point.

fair enough but i think everyone that saw Peter make it back from their heroic sacrifice in Thanos Imperative , also wan't to see Ryder back as a Nova Prime , i do believe theres a story coming that goes into that in the coming months. I think Bendis is handling that story though not DnA. Either way trying to make another "Nova" after the way Thanos Imperative ended AND bringing back Peter....yeah hard to overlook Richard is no where to be seen after his awesome developement in the previous stories.

MarvelDisney.jpg

I called the design changes, by the way. The Disney Infinity figure designs for the Guardians were from their incoming animated series. I say animated series because Drax didn't really change much in his design since the Guardians' cameos in USM & AA, which was what tipped me off that this was for their eventual show.

For reference, here's all the Marvel figures that will be in Disney Infinity 2.0 (sans Big Hero 6, which counts as Disney in DI2.0).

DisneyInfinity2AllCharacters-1024x253-e1402425905454.jpg

The only one who doesn't look like their animated counterpart is Kid Nova, probably because
Richie is likely gonna be in the MCU & they wanted to avoid confusion between the two Novas.
Granted, there's also Thor with his lack of chain mail on his arms, but that's likely for graphical reasons.
Yep, it's been heavily rumored for a while. Just hope Man of Action has nothing to do with it. I think if ghis is Stephen Wacker's first project he is overseeing it will be good. Brah is a cunt but can mold chumps into storytellers.

Neoxon

Yep, it's been heavily rumored for a while. Just hope Man of Action has nothing to do with it. I think if ghis is Stephen Wacker's first project he is overseeing it will be good. Brah is a cunt but can mold chumps into storytellers.
Wacker took over Ultimate Spider-Man from the Agent Venom episode onward, so his influence will definitely be seen in the GotG show. He'll probably take over Avengers Assemble for most, if not all, of Season 2, as well.

So, what are his past works besides Superior Spider-Man that should aspire confidence for him overseeing GotG?

Starkster

Neo Member
Ronan looks boss
uhNCPv9.png

Ronan actually looks intimidating, compared to Malekeith, and the art for Groot/Quill look great.

Has anyone else heard/seen the rumors that James Young/Sebastian Stan have a role in AOU? I'm not going to be surprised if Bucky's in there somewhere, but at this point I think it would be for the better (especially if Ultron is OP as hell).

Ronan actually looks intimidating, compared to Malekeith, and the art for Groot/Quill look great.

Has anyone else heard/seen the rumors that James Young/Sebastian Stan have a role in AOU? I'm not going to be surprised if Bucky's in there somewhere, but at this point I think it would be for the better (especially if Ultron is OP as hell).

Is weird how the more I hear about people being included in Avengers 2, the more excited I get cause you know sit is gonna be crazy.
But let's hear about even more people in BvS, and I can't help but think that movie is going to be a clusterfuck.
Maybe because Marvel has proven themselves and we already know most of the characters vs DC having not shown us anything but Superman, and even that was not all that.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Is weird how the more I hear about people being included in Avengers 2, the more excited I get cause you know sit is gonna be crazy.
But let's hear about even more people in BvS, and I can't help but think that movie is going to be a clusterfuck.
Maybe because Marvel has proven themselves and we already know most of the characters vs DC having not shown us anything but Superman, and even that was not all that.

I have hope for both but yeah i guess Avengers 2 was a given like 3 years ago, where as BvS + wonderwoman + Aquaman - Green Arrow + Cyborg does SEEm like a lot of flying by the seat of their pants. However i think most of the other heroes will be one scene alluding to the heroes while somehow managing to NOT use the Green Arrow who is movie ready after two great seasons, DO IT WB.

Starkster

Neo Member

I get that feeling. It's almost definitely because of movies like Avengers and TWS that multiple characters in the one movie all work together and don't conflict with the storyline/have their own plot/agenda. I am excited about whether he is in it, purely for the fact that
We could actually see Bucky fight Ultron? I can't remember if that happened in the comics, but it'd be an awe-inspiring moment in the movie if it happened

I think the problem with BvS is that they're cramming multiple Justice League characters in there without proper movies for individuals. Sure, Kal/Clark and Bruce/Batman are well developed, but Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and multiple others don't have adequate development in the public domain that people will be confident about it. There's a difference between putting characters in for a quick reference or a "You are not alone" scene. There's also the issue of not being able to copy Marvel's success plan, purely because it worked back in 06/07/08, and wouldn't work so well today without persecution by fans.

I have hope for both but yeah i guess Avengers 2 was a given like 3 years ago, where as BvS + wonderwoman + Aquaman - Green Arrow + Cyborg does SEEm like a lot of flying by the seat of their pants. However i think most of the other heroes will be one scene alluding to the heroes while somehow managing to NOT use the Green Arrow who is movie ready after two great seasons, DO IT WB.

The stupid thing is that they don't want to use GA. Purely because of the fact that he's not an established/helped create the Justice League, not to mention doubts about linking the show to the movie, whereas Marvel had no problems linking the movies to the shows (had to give it a bit of traction to get it working).

I mean, hell, last I heard they didn't want to use Grant Gustin as the Flash for BvS/JL because of the fact that he's doing the show. Creating an interconnected universe has to happen at this point, or they're going to lose more supporters and fans the longer that Stephen Amell and Grant don't kick ass on screen with Cavill, Affleck and others.

Vibranium

Banned
How very gullible (some of) you people are. but no, all aboard the SS OLD OVERWEIGHT RICH RIDER.

Also, the current Nova series is actually good and some of you Rich fans need to get over it.

I have read some issues, and you are right. Sam Alexander is still a grating character to me, I don't really have a problem with him though (I just feel he is bland).

I am a young adult myself, I don't want to read about another "oh my life growing up with superpowers!" comic, I want a badass who actually made The Most Dangerous Woman in The Universe love him. What's wrong with two Novas?

Vibranium

Banned

I'm gonna watch the GotG series since Wacker is on it. I'll also give Assemble a shot on S2.

But I tried Ultimate Spider-Man and nearly puked, even in the second season. I feel that they should just have Peter do his monologues in his head without visual cues cutting in every second.

I hope this ends up being the case but I kinda doubt it.

Some interesting new Gunn quotes:

We have a couple of Celestials who we refer to in the film. They’re part of the overall structure of the cosmic universe. They’re part of the fun of what the movie is.
Our characters, to some degree, have super powers, but at the same time they’re just ordinary citizens of the galaxy. They just happen to be renegades - they’re basically bikers. They’re just these ordinary citizens who get caught up in this thing - because they want money in the beginning - that has completely cosmic overtones. There are characters like Thanos involved, and then there are characters bigger than that. Suddenly these mortals are playing in the fields of gods. I always find that a very interesting thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom