• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I CRINGE every time Crossbones is brought up. Is there any way they WON'T kill off Cap in Cap3 or Avengers 3? Frank Grillo stop giving interviews about your possible return :( :( :((((((((

They should definitly stop killing villains. This bugged me always with superhero movies.

Marvel's been pretty good about not killing villains, outside of the Iron Man films and the non-Loki antagonists in the Thor films.

Abomination's alive, Justin Hammer's alive, Loki's alive, Red Skull's alive (somewhere), the Chitauri still exist (if militarily damaged), Hydra and Crossbones are certainly still around.

AMUSIX

Marvel's been pretty good about not killing villains, outside of the Iron Man films and the non-Loki antagonists in the Thor films.

Abomination's alive, Justin Hammer's alive, Loki's alive, Red Skull's alive (somewhere), the Chitauri still exist (if militarily damaged), Hydra and Crossbones are certainly still around.

Who has died?

Iron Monger
Whiplash
Kurse
Alexander Pierce
Zola
Malekith
Aldrich Killian
John Garrett

anyone else?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
More rumours.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/25550/20140619/agents-of-shield-black-widow.htm?exe=reporter

Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2: Black Widow, Hawkeye, And Sharon Carter To Appear In The Show Rumored As Cast Member Hinted To Make A Cameo Appearance In Avengers: Age Of Ultron!
(Christ that's a bad title)

Three highly trained Shield agents are rumored to appear in season 2 of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
According to reports from Den of Geeks, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. creators Joss and Jed Whedon pitched in an idea of having characters from the Avengers to guest star in the new episodes in season 2. Jed hinted that these characters are well renowned Shield agents and fans have speculated that these characters are none other than Black Widow/Natasha Romanov and Hawkeye/Clint Barton.

Several comic book fans wanted to see Hawkeye in the show to explain his absents during HYDRA'S takeover of S.H.I.E.L.D. in season 1.
But these two aren't the only characters to make an appearance in season 2. Peggy Carter's daughter Sharon Carter is also rumored to join Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and is hinted to be a series regular. Sharon Carter first appeared in Captain America: The Winter Soldier played by Emily VanCamp.

So far, there is no confirmation yet these three agents will guest star in the show, but the possibilities are limitless.
Meanwhile, a cast member from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will make a surprise cameo in the Avengers sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron.
According to reports from Cinemblend, B.J. Britt's character Agent Antoine Triplett will make appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron as a photo of him was uploaded a blogger named Little Laura during shoot in the University of East Anglia campus in Norwich, UK.

eastx

Who has died?

Iron Monger
Whiplash
Kurse
Alexander Pierce
Zola
Malekith
Aldrich Killian
John Garrett

anyone else?

Arnim Zola could return at any time. He lives as an AI and can transfer to other bodies before his consciousness is destroyed. Not that I expect them to bring him back, but they could.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Who has died?

Iron Monger
Whiplash
Kurse
Alexander Pierce
Zola
Malekith
Aldrich Killian
John Garrett

anyone else?
Is Arnim Zola really dead? I think no, hes just a computer programm who is easily to be backuped by Hydra.
I doubt that they really throw away one of Captain Americas biggest Villains so unworthy.

I still hope that Red Skull is about to return. It would be so great if the Main antagonist of Cap 3 has just a face mask and in the climax he is revealed to be the Skull.

Dai101

Banned
IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!

Rosario Dawson to Star in Netflix's 'Daredevil'

Rosario Dawson has boarded the comic book series in a pivotal role, appearing in multiple episodes, Marvel announced on its official website Friday.

She will play a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen brings blind attorney Matt Murdock (Boardwalk Empire's Charlie Cox) unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city.

Dawson's casting comes more than a week after Vincent D'Onofrio joined the 13-episode series as "The Kingpin." In late May, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Spartacus' Steven S. DeKnight would be taking over the reins as showrunner from Drew Goddard, who will be segueing to Sinister Six.

Netflix picked up Daredevil — along with Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, as well as miniseries The Defenders — in a massive pact with Marvel. Daredevil is the first series out of the pack.

Dawson, whose credits include Cesar Chavez, Kids and the upcoming Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, is repped by CAA and Untitled.

mv9f045.gif

Caboose

Da7e from Latino Review is claiming
Fillion is going to cameo as Nova in the GOTG after credits scene

Hold on to your butts.

Hold on to your butts.

Too old, not buying it yet. That character, assuming they mean
Rich Rider
, has never been portrayed as grizzled and middle-aged in the comics.

Anyway, Devin Faraci has what might be a major Ant-Man spoiler. Or might not be, depending on how they handle marketing (as he points out), but it should be tagged for now.

The villain is Yellowjacket.

MCU Yellowjacket isn't Hank Pym, and may not be Darren Cross, either; though Cross is definitely one of the film's main villains, Faraci strongly implies that he wasn't Yellowjacket, at least in the Wright/Cornish script.

Neoxon

Hold on to your butts.
As I said in the past, he's a bit too old for the role. I sure as hell don't doubt his acting ability, it's just his age that isn't lined up right for Richie.

Maybe if he hits the gym, it'll help me picture him as Richie.

DieH@rd

Banned
As I said in the past, he's a bit too old for the role. I sure as hell don't doubt his acting ability, it's just his age that isn't lined up right for Richie.

Maybe if he hits the gym, it'll help me picture him as Richie.

Marvel is not afraid of tweaking the comic book roles.
If Heimdal can be black, then Nova can be old.

Neoxon

Marvel is not afraid of tweaking the comic book roles.
If Heimdal can be black, then Nova can be old.
Nathan Fillion isn't THAT old, just older than I imagined Richard Rider being. It's to the point where he's a bit past how old Richie would be, but not old enough to be beyond reason.

Neoxon

Oh the irony.
The guy everyone wanted to play Hal Jordan (& even voiced Hal in some DC animated movies) may be playing Richard Rider. That must be a kick-in-the-balls to DC.

AMUSIX

It's absolutely possible that Zola is still around.

It's possible, but after watching Winter Soldier again, they really punched certain lines to make it seem as if that specific array (of Zola's creation) was the only thing he could exist on, and that he was making a calculated sacrifice because the ultimate plan was, in his opinion, unstoppable at that point.

Of course, the moment they want him back, they can just say 'there was a backup!' But I think that, as it stands right now, story-wise, Zola is dead.

jph139

I'd put Zola and Red Skull in the same boat - dead until the men in charge say otherwise. In the "back pocket" of the Marvel universe.

danielcw

What do we know about the music in future MCU projects?
Avengers 2?

GotG has Tyler Bates, don't know anything about him.

I assume Bear McCrary will stay with AoS, wish his soundtrack would come out more in the final mix of the show, because I like it a lot more in the youtube videos he posted.

Kurse was the big henchman in Thor 2.
John Garret was Bill Paxton's character on Agents of Shield.

Stupid me not remembering the name "Garrett" :)

Neoxon

I had quite the nightmare, last night.

GotG ended up being 1hr 15min, all Yondu scenes were cut, the overall movie was meh, & the mid-credits stinger was of 2 police officers on watch, then their car rumbled (which made their coffee spill), then the camera revealed Kid Nova flying down towards the screen & to the left quickly, leaving a picture of what I thought was his dad. And of course, nobody saw it after its opening because of how it turned out.

I had quite the nightmare, last night.

GotG ended up being 1hr 15min, all Yondu scenes were cut, the overall movie was meh, & the mid-credits stinger was of 2 police officers on watch, then their car rumbled (which made their coffee spill), then the camera revealed Kid Nova flying down towards the screen & to the left quickly, leaving a picture of what I thought was his dad. And of course, nobody saw it after its opening because of how it turned out.

Oh God...the horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom