• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denzar

Thanos is in Guardians a little more prominently - the villain behind the villain, like in Avengers. He may be in more movies to come. He is expected to be the primary antagonist in Avengers 3.

Oh, ok. Thank you! I just found out that he will be portrayed by Josh Brolin in the upcoming movies.

Also, is it the intention that the characters of Guardians of the Galaxy team up or intersect with the characters in the Avengers movies? Or are they keeping those seperate? Probably already know the answer.

Oh, ok. Thank you! I just found out that he will be portrayed by Josh Brolin in the upcoming movies.

Also, is it the intention that the characters of Guardians of the Galaxy team up or intersect with the characters in the Avengers movies? Or are they keeping those seperate? Probably already know the answer.

The assumption is it will be all hands on deck vs Thanos in Avengers 3, including every hero from every tv show and movie. They'll need all the help they can get!

J10

Banned
There's a recent precedent for it in the books. Seems likely. The Marvel universe tends to want to throw everybody at Thanos at once.

Denzar

The assumption is it will be all hands on deck vs Thanos in Avengers 3, including every hero from every tv show and movie. They'll need all the help they can get!

There's a recent precedent for it in the books. Seems likely. The Marvel universe tends to want to throw everybody at Thanos at once.

Wow, really ambitious then! I hope the writers keep up the good work and don't drown themselves in characters and their own universe.

Avengers 3, when will that be? 2018?

eastx

Wow, really ambitious then! I hope the writers keep up the good work and don't drown themselves in characters and their own universe.

Nobody knows for sure. Marvel has staked out dates for the next several years, but didn't reveal the specific films that would release on each of those dates.

May 3rd 2019, Avengers 3 will be the last movie of phase 3 and they have announced all the phase 3 dates, just not the movies that go with those dates.

xaosslug

considering HULK will be integral/decicive to The Avengers beating all the big baddies in these films, at the end of the phase 3's Avengers they should begin Planet Hulk - the 'Illuminati' can have a secret, shadowy meeting at the end of Avengers 3 where they decide HULK is too dangerous, etc...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
May 3rd 2019, Avengers 3 will be the last movie of phase 3 and they have announced all the phase 3 dates, just not the movies that go with those dates.
They announced dates, but not necessarily Phase 3 dates, as Feige said recently that A3 would probably be released 3 years after AoU, like that one is 3 years after 1.

considering HULK will be integral/decicive to The Avengers beating all the big baddies in these films, at the end of the phase 3's Avengers they should begin Planet Hulk - the 'Illuminati' can have a secret, shadowy meeting at the end of Avengers 3 where they decide HULK is too dangerous, etc...
Some of us had though/hoped that the Hulk would be shipped off planet at the end of AoU which would lead to Planet Hulk, and would end up meeting with the Guardians which would help him return with them in tow just in time for A3.

I find it kind of weird that a bunch of people have seen GotG at this point and yet nobody is able to remember the name of the purple Infinity Stone or what its power specifically does.

J10

Banned
I find it kind of weird that a bunch of people have seen GotG at this point and yet nobody is able to remember the name of the purple Infinity Stone or what its power specifically does.

They never name it in the film but I did speculate in the spoiler thread which one it is based on what it does.

They never name it in the film but I did speculate in the spoiler thread which one it is based on what it does.

Yeah, but beyond the fact that they've got colors, it's not really clear that the MCU Infinity Stones correspond individually to specific Marvel-616 Infinity Gems.

(Also, are you *sure* it's never named? Not giving it a name whatsoever is... awfully weird if it's central to the plot.)

J10

Banned
We already know the movie versions don't correspond to the book versions. If they did identify it in the movie, I completely missed it. I'm going to see it again in a couple days, so I'll look more closely.

J10

Banned
sOSGzeS.jpg

It was third on the list when Winter Soldier had just come out.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Welp, now we all know how Avengers 3 is going to end.

4wGRjOl.jpg

Edit: Squirrel Girl is a mutant, so maybe this is not related to any Disney properties.

Bad infograph, they dont include DC massive fuck up with the TV series :D

Well, Watchmen really shouldn't count in there. And where is Jonah Hex?

And as for DC's massive fuck up on TV, it doesn't include their massive kicker of ass, Arrow. Best damn live action super hero TV show ever.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is this really true? Wow, that's a waste.

Its DC, what do you expect after all these idiotic decisions since superhero flicks gone big?

It doesnt even seem so that all TV Shows are placed in the same universe, the only connected seem to be Flash and Arrow.

Just to clarify, I didnt speak about the quality of the shows themself, I was talking about the bullshit idea that they teak place in a different universe.

Its DC, what do you expect after all these idiotic decisions since superhero flicks gone big?

It doesnt even seem so that all TV Shows are placed in the same universe, the only connected seem to be Flash and Arrow.

The good thing about them not being interconnected (besides Flash and Arrow) is that it allows the show runners to just go wild with anything they can think of. It is exciting to see all the crazy and random stuff they have done with Arrow, and what has been shown about season 3 of that and Flash season 1 shows they are going really crazy now. And it is awesome.

Besides, having multiple universes for the DC stuff gives them the opportunity down the line to do a Crisis on Infinite Earths style crossover event. But I doubt they ever would.

DC says that shit, but there's no Flash or Green Arrow cast for Batmna v Superman, so I'm not convinced.

They cast Aquaman and Cyborg, for Pete's sake .

GAMEPROFF

Banned
DC says that shit, but there's no Flash or Green Arrow cast for Batmna v Superman, so I'm not convinced.

They cast Aquaman and Cyborg, for Pete's sake .

They do this, because they know that the people would be confused when Arrow and Flash would show up in the movies and have no ties to the TV-shows.

They do this, because they know that the people would be confused when Arrow and Flash would show up in the movies and have no ties to the TV-shows.
This is the second time I've seen that brought up. Why would someone be confused; are they not smart enough to know that the TV shows and movies almost never share the same universe? Before Agents of Shield, what other show did this?

Quick

Banned

I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing just yet. I'm optimistic about Dawn of Justice and hope DC pulls it off.

They're going for a different angle than Marvel, and it could work out just as well with DC establishing their own cinematic universe.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.enstarz.com/articles/429...-spilled-the-beans-in-new-interview-video.htm

Chadwick Boseman, the actor who has played major icons like James Brown and Jackie Robinson, may be preparing to fill the shoes of another hero-- However this time, his role would be completely fictional.

Chad Boseman is known for his powerful acting ability, and becoming great public figures on the big screen. In his latest flick, "Get On Up", he plays the legendary performer and Godfather of soul, James Brown. The film, out today, has received great reviews and has had even better promo.

During one of his promotional tour stops, he visited "The Breakfast Club" morning show in New York City to discuss how the movie came together, but was caught off guard when Charlamagne asked him if there was truth to the rumor that he would be cast as the T'Challa in Marvel's rumored "Black Panther" movie. Through a wide grin, changing his position, he replied, "Ahhh, I don't know anything about that... Until the contract is signed, I don't know." But, from his nervous disposition, the rumors of the film and his role in it may be true.

Village

I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing just yet. I'm optimistic about Dawn of Justice and hope DC pulls it off.

They're going for a different angle than Marvel, and it could work out just as well with DC establishing their own cinematic universe.

DC continues to disappoint me, I have no hope I have no expectations, I will just see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom