• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agents of Shield is adding new characters for S2: Mockingbird, Kraken ( new big bad villain from secret warriors), Lance Hunter and Isabel Hartley.

The biggest news of all was, of course, saved for the end when Agent Koenig (played by Patton Oswalt) revealed in a preview of Season 2 that Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird) would be joining the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. team

Although the casting of Bobbi Morse was not revealed, other new actors joining the show -- as well as the roles they were playing -- were announced. Action TV veteran Reed Diamond (Homicide: Life on the Streets, 24, Dollhouse) will be the "Big Bad" of the new season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Kraken from Marvel's Secret Warriors comic series. Another comics character iscoming to life with MI6 special agent Lance Hunter, who will be played by British actor Nick Blood. Also, Marvel revealed the role for the previously announced Lucy Lawless on the series -- a "longtime S.H.I.E.L.D. agent" named Isabel Hartley.

Maybe we'll see Mockingbird pop up in Avengers 2? :(

http://www.newsarama.com/21704-sdcc-2014-cap-1-and-2-directors-returning-to-direct-episodes-of-agent-carter.html

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Agents of Shield is adding new characters for S2: Mockingbird, Kraken ( new big bad villain from secret warriors), Lance Hunter and Isabel Hartley.

Maybe we'll see Mockingbird pop up in Avengers 2? :(

http://www.newsarama.com/21704-sdcc-2014-cap-1-and-2-directors-returning-to-direct-episodes-of-agent-carter.html
Mockingbird isn't some HUGE character, but she's got enough history in the comics that I wonder if this is the beginning of more legitimate crossovers between AoS and movies. Although I guess you could say that "legitimacy" started to happen toward the end of last season. I really hope we see her in the Avengers 3 (or even some surprise AoU cameo).

Neoxon

"Marvel Studios
Time: 5:30PM – 6:30PM PST
Room: Hall H

Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige and special guests provide an inside look at the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe."

Another 5 1/2 hours to go.
The hype is nigh.

Predicting:
AOU teaser footage
Ant-Man Q&A
Captain America 3 titled
Doctor Strange officially dated, with maybe a confirmation of Phoenix having been cast.
GOTG2 confirmed to be written and directed by Gunn
Maybe Thor 3 dated and titled.

I don't expect an enormous amount of megatons.

shield

Predicting:
AOU teaser footage
Ant-Man Q&A
Captain America 3 titled
Doctor Strange officially dated, with maybe a confirmation of Phoenix having been cast.

Solid predictions

Some of the titles could still be megatons though, I remember going "ohhh shiiit!!" when Cap 2 was announced as The Winter Solider two years ago

Quick

Banned
Predicting:
AOU teaser footage
Ant-Man Q&A
Captain America 3 titled

Not bad at all.

I don't expect casting annoucements for Doctor Strange, but I would like them to do so.

Is the Age of Ultron cast going to be there? Another big cast roundup a la Avengers from 2011 would be great.

mjc

Predicting:
AOU teaser footage
Ant-Man Q&A
Captain America 3 titled

Solid options. I'm not sure on Thor 3 being revealed yet but I think they'll show who was cast for Strange.

Where were they filming AoU? London right? It might be hard for them to get the whole gang flown out to SD just for the panel. This'll be their big show since they won't be at SDCC next year for Avengers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NVM. I found it.

h2opddO.jpg

Qk83Ohf.jpg

xnuvWMZ.jpg

Not saying it'll happen, it probably won't, but if Marvel actually does announce stuff beyond 2016, WB's failure to deliver on any of the rumored broader DCCU announcements will look even worse. It'd also distract from the whole Ant-Man clusterfuck, especially with yesterday's casting news.

TDLink

Not saying it'll happen, it probably won't, but if Marvel actually does announce stuff beyond 2016, WB's failure to deliver on any of the rumored broader DCCU announcements will look even worse. It'd also distract from the whole Ant-Man clusterfuck, especially with yesterday's casting news.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see an announcement of a 2017 date for GotG2, at the least.

TDLink

The panel didn't end up being a source of big announcements? :(

Just the GotG 2 date announcement. And confirming the roles of some of the Ant Man actors.

Definitely feels like some ball was dropped on Doctor Strange stuff, but I can also understand them wanting to focus on the next year before really delving into the next phase.

eastx

Just the GotG 2 date announcement. And confirming the roles of some of the Ant Man actors.

Definitely feels like some ball was dropped on Doctor Strange stuff, but I can also understand them wanting to focus on the next year before really delving into the next phase.

Dang. DC beat them, movie news-wise, IMO. Wonder Woman photo reveal is a lot more exciting than concept art of the Vision's back (from Friday). I was so looking forward to catching up on all the Marvel news today. The TV show stuff from Friday was cool though.

Denzar

Hey guys!

Not really a comic book nut but I really do appreciate and admire what Marvel is doing with the movies. It's ambitious, entertaining and really interesting. The amount of speculation these movies generate amongst me and my friends (and the entire world) is amazing. That is also what brings me to my question:

The post-credit scene in the first Avengers movies hinted/showed us at Thanos. Yet, he hasn't been seen in other movies or post credit scenes (if I am not mistaken). Is he the villain in Guardians (which looks to be the most interesting Marvel movie ever to me)? Are there other hints in other marvel movies I missed (I've seen them all up untill now)? Basically what do we know.

Thanks!

Did not really feel like scouring the entire thread.

J10

Banned
Thanos is in Guardians a little more prominently - the villain behind the villain, like in Avengers. He may be in more movies to come. He is expected to be the primary antagonist in Avengers 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom