• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravek

Banned
Cross posting from OT:

jCSkfETIYzCIW.PNG

.......YES?!

J10

Banned
Why the hell would anyone want time wasted on Coulson and Hill when Vision and the twins are involved? They can stay on TV.

Ithil

What's the Comic-Con schedule? I can't find a full list of all the Marvel panels.

Never mind, I found it. So Saturday is the big day for the MCU.

eastx

I'm okay with the lack of team uniforms for them. Keep it simple and unique.

But nobody anywhere likes how Quicksilver looks. Story-wise it probably makes sense for them not to have uniforms, but fun-wise uniforms are almost always better.

But nobody anywhere likes how Quicksilver looks. Story-wise it probably makes sense for them not to have uniforms, but fun-wise uniforms are almost always better.

I love how Quicksilver looks.

Costumes shouldn't be an issue. They aren't Avengers yet. Even if they become them in the movie is that really enough time for the Science Boys to come up with a proper costume for Pietro (not Peter).

I love how Quicksilver looks.

Costumes shouldn't be an issue. They aren't Avengers yet. Even if they become them in the movie is that really enough time for the Science Boys to come up with a proper costume for Pietro (not Peter).

Yep, I'm half expecting a scene near the end of the movie where Tony brings Wanda and Pietro to Avengers tower and is like "kids, you're part of the team now. Here are your official Avengers costumes."

And if that doesn't happen in the movie, they will certainly be wearing official digs after all the fighting is done, or in whatever the next movie they appear in will be.

And I'm fine with Pietro's street clothes. They look like something a runner would wear. I don't expect a guy in a war-torn country to really have the capacity to put together a nice flashy costume for himself.

Quick

Banned
So, do the Twins stay an Avengers film exclusive, do they branch out to the other Marvel properties, or do they get their own films?

If they're a successful addition to the cast I don't see any reason why they couldn't potentially get their own movie. I dunno what the hell they'd call it but that's really exciting in concept to me - a movie that can really flesh out these characters that kinda don't have any existing precedent in the comics except for what Marvel is legally allowed to bring over.

It's something that could be really fresh for both comic fans and MCU fans.

So, do the Twins stay an Avengers film exclusive, do they branch out to the other Marvel properties, or do they get their own films?

Hard to say. Likely one of your first two options.

Once Dr. Strange is established, they can lump them in with him, perhaps, because Wanda's also a magic user? But they don't necessarily associate that much in the comics.

I was expecting Hawkeye to be in Captain America 2 but that didn't happen. Hopefully Cap 3 will have Steve Rogers, Bucky, Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and War Machine all teaming up. It won't, but I can wish.

I was expecting Hawkeye to be in Captain America 2 but that didn't happen. Hopefully Cap 3 will have Steve Rogers, Bucky, Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and War Machine all teaming up. It won't, but I can wish.

If they don't do a Secret Avengers movie, I really hope Cap 3 involves them in some way.

J10

Banned
So far, we have:

Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Dr. Strange

How would you divide the teams for Civil War in the MCU based on that roster? Cap and Iron Man can't be on the same team and it doesn't have to be about Super Hero Registration. Use your imagination.

duckroll

How would you divide the teams for Civil War in the MCU based on that roster? Cap and Iron Man can't be on the same team and it doesn't have to be about Super Hero Registration. Use your imagination.

I would start by cancelling the civil war, because it's a garbage arc. :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So far, we have:

Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist
Dr. Strange

Civil War was terrible and I hope a MCU version doesn't happen. Ever.

Neoxon

As of right now, Phase 3 has...

- Ant-Man
- Captain America 3
- Doctor Strange
- Thor 3 (safe to assume, it's currently being written if I recall correctly)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- Avengers 3 (also safe to assume)

So we have 4 more unknown movies for Phase 3.

Showaddy

- Ant-Man
- Captain America 3
- Doctor Strange

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Nova
The Thanos Quest

Showaddy

Nova and The Thanos Quest? Really?

Id say Iron Man 4 and Antman/Wasp sequel.

Ant-Man getting 2 films in one phase? It'll be lucky if it ever gets a sequel.

Iron Man 4 is only happening if Marvel pay RDJ absolutely stupid money, like 9 figure money. But yeah if they cough up then it'll be one of the four.

Also if they're still planning for A3 to be Infinity Gauntlet then I can't see how they can't do Thanos Quest at this point.

- Ant-Man
- Captain America 3
- Doctor Strange

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Black Widow/Hawkeye
Nova

Inhumans will be some sort of tv series in the vein of Game of Thrones, but with less doggie style sex

Neoxon

Has this been posted?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ms-Marvel-Going-Avengers-2-66438.html

Joss Whedon talking about there are 4 prominent female roles in Avengers 2. If we count Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Maria Hill that leaves one more.

...Carol Danvers, maybe?
Peggy Carter

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Black Widow/Hawkeye
Nova

Inhumans will be some sort of tv series in the vein of Game of Thrones, but with less doggie style sex
Black Widow already got screwed out of her own movie in Phase 2, so I don't think her own movie will ever happen.

Ravek

Banned
Ant-Man getting 2 films in one phase? It'll be lucky if it ever gets a sequel.

Iron Man 4 is only happening if Marvel pay RDJ absolutely stupid money, like 9 figure money. But yeah if they cough up then it'll be one of the four.

Also if they're still planning for A3 to be Infinity Gauntlet then I can't see how they can't do Thanos Quest at this point.

I added to that and said to start Phase 4 (Antman/Wasp sequel)

Has this been posted?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ms-Marvel-Going-Avengers-2-66438.html

Joss Whedon talking about there are 4 prominent female roles in Avengers 2. If we count Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Maria Hill that leaves one more.

...Carol Danvers, maybe?

Don't play with my heart.

Edit: OMFG, that GIF IS AMAZING. It will infest GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom