• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
It would be nice if Thanos commented before final battle that this universe does not have enough heroes to stop him.
KuGsj.gif

Wazzy

Banned
Even if it was Sony's Amazing Spider-Man, and his continuity?

Why not? A partnership could mean some Marvel input and taking the franchise in a better direction. I'd rather not wait years and years to see a crossover when we can get one early with a studio deal.

Garfield is perfect but is bogged down by the poor scripts of the first two moves. While the series hasn't been great, they can still take it in a more enjoyable path if he joins MCU.

Pachimari

Ok so during my rerun of the Marvel movies I rank them this so far:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. The Avengers
4. Iron Man 2
5. Captain America: The First Avenger

I will probably watch The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 3 next.

I might rank Avengers above Iron Man 2. I'm not sure yet.

Iron Man 2 in any top 5? Wut.

Also, am I the only one not thrilled by the idea of adding Spidey to the Avengers? He's a good character and he has a good roster of villains, but I honestly consider him a street-level hero who only got raised to Avenger status because he's incredibly popular (see also Wolverine). I think Spider-Man does better tackling his own set of villains, just like the X-Men.

TEJ

After rewatching CA TWS a few times I gotta say, I wish more hollywood directors knew how to direct action sequences as good as this. I love me some hand to hand martial arts action and TWS does not disappoint.

J10

Banned
After rewatching CA TWS a few times I gotta say, I wish more hollywood directors knew how to direct action sequences as good as this. I love me some hand to hand martial arts action and TWS does not disappoint.

That's the way most Hollywood action directors have been faking martial arts for a long time. Punch, cut, react, cut, kick, cut, react, etc. The only innovation in the last twenty years was adding a bunch of shitty camera shaking. I wish less directors did it that way. More people should do it like the Wachowskis; pull the camera back, hold it still, and let the actors actually perform for more than one and a half seconds. But that would require actors who can actually look convincing faking a fight.

TEJ

That's the way most Hollywood action directors have been faking martial arts for a long time. Punch, cut, react, cut, kick, cut, react, etc. The only innovation in the last twenty years was adding a bunch of shitty camera shaking. I wish less directors did it that way. More people should do it like the Wachowskis; pull the camera back, hold it still, and let the actors actually perform for more than one and a half seconds. But that would require actors who can actually look convincing faking a fight.

i'm not going to say that TWS is as good as the best of donnie yen, bruce lee, jackie chan, iko, tony jaa, sammo hung or anything but I loved seeing them taking full advantage of what CA could do

The best scenes were just seeing captain america and TWS duking it out.

Obvious Ant-Man news is obvious:

Michael Douglas said:
Paul Rudd is ripped. He’s been training and working out for this picture for a long time. He was so cut, that they had to soften his costume up, with all the built-in six-packs and all of that.

My costume will be hung up and Paul will be wearing it in good form.

As far as I know, only RDJ said that he would be OK to that move. There was no announcement.

They're not going to "announce" anything, especially not now when RDJ's contract isn't over. Feige said that's the way they're going to do it, so until it happens or he says otherwise, that's what we can assume is going to happen.

Captain America 3: The Search for Bucky
Captain America 4: There and Back again
Captain America 5: The Last Minimally Explored Region
Captain America 6: The Savage Lands
Captain America: The Millenials
Captain America: The Arrival
Captain America: Rebellion
Captain America: Arch Rival
Captain America
Captain America Into Blackness

danielcw

Why not? A partnership could mean some Marvel input and taking the franchise in a better direction. I'd rather not wait years and years to see a crossover when we can get one early with a studio deal.

Garfield is perfect but is bogged down by the poor scripts of the first two moves. While the series hasn't been great, they can still take it in a more enjoyable path if he joins MCU.

My question was based on the rather poor reception the Amazing Spider-Man movies got.

Garfield himself is OK for the role, but I don't like even the basic origin of this Spider-Man.

Kevin Feige said that they would go that route. It has also been posted multiple times here.

There is a big difference, between would and will.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/756911-russo-brothers-captain-america-2-captain-america-3

The Russos dish out more dirt on Cap 3:

I’m excited just in principle. We know the movie is coming out, so what are you going to announce? A plot? A title?

Joe Russo: Yeah, we’d like to announce the title soon.

Has the title been in place for a while?

Joe Russo: If you’ve been talking to Kevin [Feige, President of Marvel Studios] the title has been in place probably for ten years in his brain. It’s all part of the road map that he’s laid out, and it’s all part of the bigger plan.

So as with the continuation of the Captain America story in The Winter Soldier, the third one has been all part of a plan from the beginning? Were you building to Captain America 3 in the second movie?

Joe Russo: Yeah, I think the way Kevin does it is there are big pieces that he knows he wants to build towards, but the way that you get there is open to interpretation and improv a little bit. That’s defined by who gets involved with the project, the writers and directors involved in the project. The big thing we knew we had to deal with in Cap 2 was the fall of Hydra. Similarly there is a very, very big idea at the center of Cap 3. But how we get there is all up to us. And I think why Marvel has been so successful is because it’s been such a clear plan, that everything is interconnected and they’re building emotional capital with each movie that you can then trade off of in the next film.

DC/Warners was right to move Batman v. Superman. Can't fucking wait for Cap 3.

Anth0ny

Well yeah, I'm only 5 movies into my rerun..

RDJ has today once again confirmed that there's no plans for an Iron Man 4.

I'm sure Disney won't want to make a follow up to a billion dollar movie, and RDJ won't want the biggest pay day in Hollywood.

totally

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm sure Disney won't want to make a follow up to a billion dollar movie, and RDJ won't want the biggest pay day in Hollywood.

totally

Yeah. Its just damage control after he showed interested in a new Iron Man Movie at comic con.

And after the Mandarin One Shot, its confirmed, that they wont let Tony rest until after Avengers 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom