• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Of course there will be, the haters are attracted like moths to the flame.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Calling Cap's team to be Cap, BW, Hawkeye, Pietro, Wanda, and Falcon with Bucky joining near the end if rumor is true.
That's an odd combo being that everyone of those characters relies on completely natural or technological abilities while Wanda does the wyrd and wyld stuff.

Gartooth

That's an odd combo being that everyone of those characters relies on completely natural or technological abilities while Wanda does the wyrd and wyld stuff.

That lineup in particular was meant to be a mix of Cap's current "team" in Cap 2 (BW, Falcon, maybe WS will join them) and one that he led in the Avengers comics. (Hawkeye, SW, QS)

The twins would be their heavy hitters, but I could see them being more "balanced" to fit the power level of the rest of the team.

I want Jack Huston and Michael Pitt to be friends in a Marvel film.

It'd be like the extended adventures of Jimmy and Richard. But not in the 20s.

I can't think of who they could be though :c

Gartooth

Couldn't resist putting in an order for this.
I'm not even planning to buy the game. lol

Code:
[IMG]http://www.disney-infinity.fr/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Pack-Star-Lord-Gamora.jpg[/IMG]

Also that deleted Hawkeye scene in Cap 2 would've been amazing.

Gartooth

James Gunn said that Captain Marvel won't be in GotG 2.

The next question asked was about female superheroes within the Marvel universe, whether or not James would be incorporating any of them, and whether he had plans to bring in Carol Danvers, the current Captain Marvel, into the roster. Gunn stated that he wanted to steer clear of “earthlings” in his side of the Marvel universe, allowing Peter Quill (Chris Pratt) to be the main focus from Earth. While he agreed that more than likely, Carol Danvers would appear sooner rather than later in the Marvel movies, there were plenty of other women in the comic book roster of the Guardians of the Galaxy and he was more than excited to begin introducing them into future films. The plan, according to Gunn, is to introduce new female characters into the world of Guardians as soon as he could.

I think this is a good thing because (despite the Bendis comic) Carol was always more of an earth character that I would rather see in the Avengers than GotG. Sounds like if Mantis or Moondragon are introduced they will be treated as aliens similar to Drax but I think a lot of us thought that would happen anyway.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

It's Cap's "Kooky Quartet" the line up from Avengers 16 vol 1. All the regular members are burnt out or just quit Cap assembles that team and they're all ex cons/villains.

I don't even get what you're saying about the powers....

avengers-16.jpg

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's Cap's "Kooky Quartet" the line up from Avengers 16 vol 1. All the regular members are burnt out or just quit Cap assembles that team and they're all ex cons/villains.

I don't even get what you're saying about the powers....

avengers-16.jpg
I was referring to lineup he mentioned, not the comics one.

Poor Scarlet Witch looks so goofy on that cover, btw. Lol. Comic art fortunately has gotten a lot better over time.

I was referring to lineup he mentioned, not the comics one.

Poor Scarlet Witch looks so goofy on that cover, btw. Lol. Comic art fortunately has gotten a lot better over time.

You do know that's Jack Kirby art, right? Though let's be fair, Wanda's original costume was not one of his better designs (it took later artists, IIRC, to redesign the head... thing into something less ridiculous and uncomfortable-looking).

Gartooth

Really glad that they decided to try something new with SW's costume in AoU. Only change I would've possibly made is to have her wear a simple red hairband to reference the stupid crown. ;)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I hope the postit says "don't use this line, ever".

neoanarch

At least Ultimate Thor is a total bro.

The fact that almost everyone in The Ultimates is an asshole shouldn't deter you from checking it out. It does have some great unique ideas and incredible artwork. The Millar dialogue and characterizatio kind of works for some of the storytelling they were going for. Although The Authority is probably a better version of this same idea.

eastx

The fact that almost everyone in The Ultimates is an asshole shouldn't deter you from checking it out. It does have some great unique ideas and incredible artwork. The Millar dialogue and characterizatio kind of works for some of the storytelling they were going for. Although The Authority is probably a better version of this same idea.

Yeah, the first Volume of Ultimates is pretty good IMO. Ultimate Cap is definitely more of a jerk than the real Cap, but he's a believable character and fairly interesting if you put the original version aside.

Volume 2 gets a bit too dark and disrespectful to certain characters. That's Mark Millar for you - he always gets too mean eventually. And then Volume 3 and the follow-up Ultimatum are completely off-the-rails and terrible in every way. The Ultimate line lost me after that, though I hear that Ultimate Spider-man continues to be great as always.

duckroll

I hope the postit says "don't use this line, ever".

That's probably what it says. The international audience for Marvel films is so huge I don't see any benefit for them to want to do something stupid like that. It was dumb in the comics and it'll be even dumber in the movies.

Gartooth

Yeah, the first Volume of Ultimates is pretty good IMO. Ultimate Cap is definitely more of a jerk than the real Cap, but he's a believable character and fairly interesting if you put the original version aside.

Volume 2 gets a bit too dark and disrespectful to certain characters. That's Mark Millar for you - he always gets too mean eventually. And then Volume 3 and the follow-up Ultimatum are completely off-the-rails and terrible in every way. The Ultimate line lost me after that, though I hear that Ultimate Spider-man continues to be great as always.

I've heard really positive things about Ultimate Spider-Man. I may look into reading that one day, but that is probably the extent to which I will follow the Ultimate line.

Mark Millar writing the Ultimates is a pretty big turn off for me. From what I've seen of his work, it gets too insanely dark and gritty but ultimately comes across as childish. There's a panel from Ultimatum that I've seen online that has Blob eating Wasp while saying "tastes like chicken". Maybe that is an extreme example, but I don't want to read a series that does shit like that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This was in the Ultimatum Event and written by Loeb, the moment, were the Ultimate Universe jumped the shark.

Mark Millars Ultimate are not that bad.

Gartooth

This was in the Ultimatum Event and written by Loeb, the moment, were the Ultimate Universe jumped the shark.

Mark Millars Ultimate are not that bad.

Well now I feel like an idiot for holding that against him. :p

Nevermind, maybe I will look into reading Ultimates then if it isn't that extreme.

X05

That's probably what it says. The international audience for Marvel films is so huge I don't see any benefit for them to want to do something stupid like that. It was dumb in the comics and it'll be even dumber in the movies.
Agreed, also the movies have made a point of the character being called that as more of a consequence of the time (after all he was a propaganda creation in-universe) and not actually being a representation of the US and "the American way".

Tom_Cody

I don't understand that France line
Not sure if serious?

Ultimate Captain America is meant to embody the over-the-top patriotism of America in the early 2000s. In that scene his opponent was asking him to surrender and his response is a reference to France's surrender to Nazi Germany during WWII. Millar/Hitch's Ultimates has a lot of subtext related to America's reaction to 9/11.

Then again, I'm assuming you were joking so I don't know why I typed this out.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.mtv.com/news/1922651/chris-evans-captain-america-3-plot/

Chris Evans talks Cap 3:

“It’s this giant web of plot, where everything is connected to everything else… that’s the beautiful thing,” Evans told MTV News, “and especially for the fanboys who understand these plotlines. With Cap 3, we’re going to continue this excitement.”

Well, Chris, those fanboys, us included, have a bunch of theories about the sequel, mainly that Cap will split from the Avengers and lead a new group of heroes.

“What do I think about this, what can I say about this?” Evans wondered aloud. “You wanna give something!”

Come on, Chris. You’re almost there!

“Marvel doesn’t disappoint,” Evans finally said, after much inner conflict. “Whatever you’re hoping for, you’re probably going to get.”

I'll take that as a yes.

Wazzy

Banned
He's actually confirming spiderman.

He said what I hope for will probably happen :(

I do wonder if he's confirming something else other than split teams with that.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
He's actually confirming spiderman.

He said what I hope for will probably happen :(

I do wonder if he's confirming something else other than split teams with that.

Can you imagine Spidey appearing in the Age of Ultron post credits scene?

Fanboys will shit their pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom