• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I don't know much about Secret Avengers but can its team members cross over with the Avengers team?

How will they work together in the same universe, what will their role and differences be?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't know much about Secret Avengers but can its team members cross over with the Avengers team?
Yes.
How will they work together in the same universe, what will their role and differences be?
Secret Avengers are rather a more subtile Black-Ops-Team, while Avengers are the rooster for the big, global threats of the Marvel Universe.

Gartooth

With not only Marvel planning on ending (for the time being) solo films for IM/Cap/Thor after Phase 3 but also the matter that the core Avengers team is getting huge, I'd actually be really excited if we started seeing smaller teams popping up that kept the roster small. That is something I always wanted to see happen with X-Men, but we never got it aside from a unique team for First Class.

As Gameproff said, the Secret Avengers are an undercover team, typically run by SHIELD or Fury/Hill, and are basically like the super spy Avengers. Steve Rogers headed up a team a while back, when Bucky was active as Captain America.

There have been other versions but the current team consists of Fury, Hawkeye, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Coulson and MODOK.

Secret Avengers is one of the other teams they can easily establish in the MCU without having to introduce too many characters, most of them are already established.

My ideal team for Cap 3 or a solo Secret Avengers movie would be Captain America, Falcon, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Fury, Hill, Coulson, and the Winter Soldier.

SHIELD spoilers:
one of the reasons I've been holding out hope for the Secret Avengers to assemble is that Fury told Coulson in the S1 finale that he considers him an Avenger. I hope he is really thinking about putting his own team together.

FUCK IT

Just call it CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Secret Avengers.

That would get a shitload of buzz going for it I think.

Pachimari

I'm interested, might Ant-Man, Dr Strange and possibly Black Panther become part of the Avengers team since they are setting them up in phase 3/4?

Also I see this being Phase 3:

Ant-Man
Captain America 3
Dr Strange
Thor 3
Avengers 3

Then Black Panther and Captain Marvel for Phase 4.

J10

Banned
SHIELD spoilers:
one of the reasons I've been holding out hope for the Secret Avengers to assemble is that Fury told Coulson in the S1 finale that he considers him an Avenger. I hope he is really thinking about putting his own team together.

Oh yeah, that's right. That would work out nicely if they wanted to bring Coulson back into the movies.

I'm interested, might Ant-Man, Dr Strange and possibly Black Panther become part of the Avengers team since they are setting them up in phase 3/4?

That's pretty much a given.

Ant-Man
Captain America 3
Dr Strange
Thor 3
Avengers 3

I'm pretty sure there's going to be more movies before Avengers 3. GOTG2 has already been confirmed too.

Wazzy

Banned

Ant-Man
Captain America 3
Dr Strange
Thor 3
Avengers 3

No way that's it. GOTG2 is already confirmed and there's a big chance of Blackpanther and Captain Marvel.

AMUSIX

OK, I've been staring at these clips for far too long...it's just the twins from the end of TWS, but keep noticing details. Their powers manifesting in their colors (QS's silver speed lines, SW's scarlet 'flames'), the bandages on their right hands, the general brokenness of both characters...

https://mediacru.sh/a09ce3caf838

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More on the Russos on Cap 3:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014...irectors-talk-avengers-and-batman-v-superman/

Do you hope for new Marvel universe characters to appear in “Captain America 3,” ones you haven’t worked with before?

Joe Russo: It’s always exciting to put Cap in a situation where he’s dealing with other characters because part of his super power is his morality, and there’s an inspirational quality to his character. So it’s nice to have characters around him that he can inspire. Leadership is also a key component of his, and you can’t lead unless you have other characters around. But he’s also got an expanding universe — Winter Soldier, Agent 13, the Falcon — so there’s already a universe that’s expanding around him. It’s exciting to mix that up, and we may or may not have a few tricks up our sleeve, but that’s about all we can say without spoiling the story for anybody.

Any particular characters you’re interested in?

Joe Russo: We love them all. It’s interesting because there’s a lot of them being explored at the moment. I think I mentioned to someone yesterday that the “Secret Wars” was a big influence on me when I was a kid. I love the notion of crossovers. It’s certainly a complicated environment in respect to characters being spread out amongst different studios, and there’s a lot of politics involved to try to get characters to cross over. But for me as a comic-book fan, that would be something I’d want to see on the screen one day.
BRING ON CAP AND THE SECRET AVENGERS

Wazzy

Banned
Namor is pretty much Marvels so I don't think it has anything to do with him.
I have a feeling the Russos are trying to get some characters from other studios somehow...

Spidermanspidermanspidermanspidermanspiderman.

If this actually happens, I'll die. While Garfields movies haven't been amazing, if he cameo's Marvel might be able to co create the films with Sony. If they don't, I don't care because spiderman in the universe would destroy me.

Quick

Banned
Marvel should create a Spider-Man-like character that pretty much has the same history to match. Call him Spider-Guy.

NAMOR AND THE HUMAN TORCH IN AN INVADERS FLASHBACK.

james-brown-crying-o.gif

Mafro

Cap 2 basically seemed like a Secret Avengers movie in all but name anyway. It's a real shame Hawkeye wasn't in it though.

Calling Cap's team to be Cap, BW, Hawkeye, Pietro, Wanda, and Falcon with Bucky joining near the end if rumor is true.

And Tony's to be Carol, WM, Hulk, Tony, Vision and THor.

Whedon is a comic fan and just seeing him giving us some of that Kooky Quartet vibe.

http://newsone.com/3049303/wesley-snipes-blade-4/?omcamp=sf_N1FB

I don't know if I can agree with this. Seeing as Marvel has the rights back why would you continue the series instead of rebooting it especially since every Marvel studio film is set in the same universe. I'm just hoping this is just a rumor or something.

The point of not rebooting it is if the like Wesley as Blade and don't want to go over all that origin stuff again. Just assume people have seen the other movies and just make a kickass Blade movie now. I think Wesley has been talking for years about doing Blade 4 and it being about the vampire apocalypse, maybe Disney liked that idea and decided they wanted to do it.

http://newsone.com/3049303/wesley-snipes-blade-4/?omcamp=sf_N1FB

I don't know if I can agree with this. Seeing as Marvel has the rights back why would you continue the series instead of rebooting it especially since every Marvel studio film is set in the same universe. I'm just hoping this is just a rumor or something.

I think in this case, it could be a non-reboot reboot in the same fashion that The Incredible Hulk (2008) didn't actually reboot from The Hulk (2003), it just kinda continued after where the previous movie left off, even though the 2 movies were completely unrelated.

I think we may just get a seasoned Blade kicking ass, where they may make references to events in the 1st 2 movies, retcon it in by SHIELD saying that they've kept a close eye on the Dhampir populations and figured them not to be a thread as long as they stayed underground.... there were bigger threats to worry about or something.

or it could actually be a reboot that just happens to be using the same actor, and therefore is a 4th Blade movie that Snipes has done. Not actually part of the same franchise.

either way, it will NOT be making any of the previous 3 movies cannon in the MCU.

jph139

I think "soft reboot" would be fine. Just call it "Blade: [Subtitle]," don't explicitly mention much of anything from the first trilogy, and keep it vague enough to satisfy both MCU audiences and fans of the earlier films. The inevitable PG-13 rating could be rough, but GotG pushed the envelope in some places so I'd wait and see.

Wesley Snipes IS Blade to me at this point so I'd love to see him back in action by any means.

BLACKLAC

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55221
“We haven’t made a Black Widow movie but she’s been in some of our movies, and she will be featured more prominently as we move forward,” Lee said. “And the chances are she will have her own movie because eventually all the superheroes are going to have their own movies. They are already working on Ant-Man, Dr. Strange and the Black Panther and there are others I am not allowed to talk about.”

Moppeh

Banned
I'm convinced Marvel is keeping mum because of the: potential AoU spoiler:
Wakanda reveal in AoU

I agree. Makes a lot of sense by having Ultron as a villain and
that broken shield picture.

Which works for me. Get half the introduction out of the way so the Black Panther film doesn't have to be concentrated on an origin.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah but we already have GOTG2, Cap3, Thor 3, Avengers 2, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and now apparently Blackpanther. We'll probably also get Captain Marvel and Inhumans and we don't even know if BW will be phase 3. She'll also more than likely feature other characters anyway.

I don't think it's a big deal to give her a solo movie as long as we get Captain Marvel .

XAL

I agree. Makes a lot of sense by having Ultron as a villain and
that broken shield picture.

Which works for me. Get half the introduction out of the way so the Black Panther film doesn't have to be concentrated on an origin.

But the real question is, are they just going to use Idris Elba and ignore the whole...Heimdall thing.

DO NOT just post the title of the movie you watched. It isn't conducive at all to the kind of discussion & communication we want to engender here, because it tells us nothing of you, the movie, the impact of the latter on the former. Post scores, descriptions, essays, poems, gifs, hashtags, whatever provides you the best outlet for personal expression, you unique little digital snowflake. Also, Marvel movies are mostly shit. - icarus-daedelus

This is why I stay out of the "Movies You've Seen Recently" thread.

Gartooth

The reactions surrounding something like Stan Lee namedropping Black Panther is always odd to me. Its like people think that nobody starts work on a movie until they come out and announce it to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom