• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
ODfhOVZ.jpg

Just watched Winter Soldier tonight. I am reminded of a few things:

Marvin Gaye was Marvel's secret sauce this year.

HAIL HYDRA! The winning team. Each viewing just reinforces my view that the bad guys still won in the end. Sure, they had a set back by losing Project Insight and being outed to the public, but there are still multiple cells operating out there doing crazy shit not even SHIELD knew about. And SHIELD? What little is left is just begging for scraps now.

I only love the movie more on each viewing. The Captain America we always deserved. It is so glorious to see.

And Anthony Mackie deserves a damn medal for making Falcon one of the coolest characters on screen.

Just watched Winter Soldier tonight. I am reminded of a few things:

Marvin Gaye was Marvel's secret sauce this year.

HAIL HYDRA! The winning team. Each viewing just reinforces my view that the bad guys still won in the end. Sure, they had a set back by losing Project Insight and being outed to the public, but there are still multiple cells operating out there doing crazy shit not even SHIELD knew about. And SHIELD? What little is left is just begging for scraps now.

I only love the movie more on each viewing. The Captain America we always deserved. It is so glorious to see.

And Anthony Mackie deserves a damn medal for making Falcon one of the coolest characters on screen.

Something I picked up on re-watching Winter Solider and GOTG. Gotta give it up to the GOAT loved how each song fit their respective movies.

TEJ

You know, I really think that Captain America the first avenger is the most under-appreciated of the MCU. Yeah, the action scenes at the second half weren't good but the movie is a lot of fun to watch.

The Winter Soldier was even better.

You know, I really think that Captain America the first avenger is the most under-appreciated of the MCU. Yeah, the action scenes at the second half weren't good but the movie is a lot of fun to watch.

Yep it's my favourite Phase 1 movie. It has just as much heart, if not more, than Iron Man 1 and I love the time setting and style. They also nailed Cap's personality and appeal from the very beginning. Red Skull was also amazingly realized.

Agreed. I think it being one of the more stylized of the Marvel movies and also a fantastical period piece just turns a lot of people off from the get go. It was probably my favorite Marvel movie when it came out.

TEJ

Yep it's my favourite Phase 1 movie. It has just as much heart, if not more, than Iron Man 1 and I love the time setting and style. They also nailed Cap's personality and appeal from the very beginning. Red Skull was also amazingly realized.

*Brofist*

Agreed. I think it being one of the more stylized of the Marvel movies and also a fantastical period piece just turns a lot of people off from the get go. It was probably my favorite Marvel movie when it came out.

*Brofists you too!

I don't get why people shit on it so much. They totally nailed the characters, and I love the throwback feel of the entire thing. Sure, I wanted to see more action, but when they nail all the characters so well it doesn't bother me as much.

I just want another WWII set Cap film. Or at least extended flashback sequence. Just see Cap and the Howling Commandos tearing shit up.

danielcw

I just want another WWII set Cap film. Or at least extended flashback sequence. Just see Cap and the Howling Commandos tearing shit up.

I guess the Howling Commandos could have some more adventures - I would watch that, happily :)
But adding anything major to Captain America' plot, would not be allowed to have any possible influence on the plot of First Avenger.
Unless you wanna RetCon :)

I guess the Howling Commandos could have some more adventures - I would watch that, happily :)
But adding anything major to Captain America' plot, would not be allowed to have any possible influence on the plot of First Avenger.
Just have flashbacks to the adventures they had between their formation and when they lost Bucky

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
"interesting"

what the hell kinda of reaction is that?

For his entire comic existence Death was something Thanos worshipped but was ironically probably never going to taste fully because he is nigh indestructible and eternals...well they can live as long as they want physically. So that panel is ironic death is who he has loved and worshipped then denied prior to this event, and then to finally experience it well "interesting". Finally got what he used to worship with all his being.

CA:TFA was on Global last night. It's fantastic. Evans nails it. I actually felt that there was a passage of time this time. I'd say at least 2 years of the War was glossed over during the montage.

I never noticed before the bombed out bar Steve is mourning Bucky in was the same bar from earlier in the movie.

Well, I think we might get some of that in Agent Carter.

Well, there was plans for a Hulk TV show a while back wasn't there? D

But he says he's just guessing, and that he "thinks" this and he "thinks" that.
Sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

J10

Banned
A Hulk mini-series would be an excellent idea for a slower moving Banner-centric story arc. A movie audience demands a lot of Hulk-smashing and that doesn't leave enough room for adequate character work anyway.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Anthony and Joe Russo Reveal the Unsung Hero of Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Russos also offered another tongue-in-cheek surprise, revealing a hidden vigilante hero of Captain America: The Winter Soldier. When Nick Fury is being attacked in the streets, he gets the moment he needs to escape when a yellow Penske truck slams into his attackers. Later, when Agent Sitwell is thrown into traffic, guess what hits him? Not just a Penske truck, but the Russos reveal, the very same Penske truck.

"The man who drives that truck," Joe deadpans, joking that the driver is a candidate for a future Marvel One-Shot, "Is very highly trained. He thinks on his own terms. He's got a plan and a very specific skill set."

The Punisher???

Bentendo

Just out of curiosity... why is Nova suddenly being tied in with Spider-Man? I noticed some upcoming LEGO Spider-Man sets have Nova and that the Disney Infinity Spider-Man set has Nova. Is there a reason behind this that I'm just not understanding?

J10

Banned
Just out of curiosity... why is Nova suddenly being tied in with Spider-Man? I noticed some upcoming LEGO Spider-Man sets have Nova and that the Disney Infinity Spider-Man set has Nova. Is there a reason behind this that I'm just not understanding?

A Nova movie is probably coming. Giving him the rub from Spidey across other media to familiarize audiences.

FoneBone

He's been a recurring character in the current Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

Showaddy

Current Nova's a teen hero so I guess their linking him in with Spiderman to help build interest and try and save the characters dying comic sales.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Current Nova's a teen hero so I guess their linking him in with Spiderman to help build interest and try and save the characters dying comic sales.

I think he was on the show Ultimate Spiderham even before they made a comicbook for the young Nova...and left Richard in another universe.....ugh...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom