• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

The Kree

Banned
While technically not the MCU, I'm posting this here to avoid possible spoilers.

I just finished season 2 of Agents of SHIELD and it was great. I hear season 4 is also wonderful. I haven't heard many great things about season 3. So, my question is...

Is season 3 good and if not, is it possible to skip it?

Season 3 is good, not great. Watch it.

I guess that depends on what he likes.
V6R9thgW7fimI.gif

Yeah, a lot of actors definitely are shorter than what is listed. Dunno where these listings actually come from, though.

Generically, they come from the interwebs. More specifically, both Wiki and IMDB have the same heights listed for each of them, respectively. So it's fairly likely that those are the heights their publicists want out there.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Lady Stilt-Man: Because Stilt-Woman would be too obvious.

Lady Stilt-Man. Because Stilt-Man is one of the most recognized, hilarious and silly idiot villains who survived the golden age and to this day is being made fun of by Spidey for his stupid concept and ineptitude on a regular basis.

In other terms, that's the joke.

Pachimari

We've known for a while that there will be a sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, but now Tom Holland has seemingly confirmed that it'll be the first movie in a trilogy.

”There is still plenty of room to see Peter grow up Parker and especially Spider-Man in the next two movies, and at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming, the story is definitely not complete, I'm really looking forward to exploring how it will grow, [and to] see what will happen after puberty. Yes, [they're] going to be exciting movies."

Source: Allocine.

”Yes, there will be Spider-Man: Homecoming 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming 3. Now, you know, sorry, Marvel, oops!"

I can't believe there's only 3 weeks till Spider-Man: Homecoming!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Talalay was briefly rumored to be on the short list for Captain Marvel. She says she was never in talks, though support for the rumors was certainly flattering. I asked her if she'd like to tackle a superhero movie at Marvel, and she's definitely game.

"I have such a strong vision of what She-Hulk should be," she says. "The difference between She-Hulk and Hulk is that she loved being She-Hulk. She was the Tank Girl of earlier days in terms of being able to say what she wanted, and when she became She-Hulk, it was like an opening of the door to freedom, to be the person that you wish you could be. That you're stopped from being as a woman. And that's the version of She-Hulk that I would love to embrace."

If there's any justice in the world, and if anyone at Marvel is listening, Rachel Talalay's She-Hulk is something I'd love to watch.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/we-caught-up-with-the-director-of-tank-girl-to-talk-wonder-woman

God I Hope Homecoming is Spider-Man 2 tier. Star Wars fans had TFA for nostalgia, I grew up with SM2 and I just want to be taken back to my childhood.

If keaton's Vulture is on par with molina Doc Ock then
mjcry1.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm just glad cbms are bigger now and for most audiences holland will be their definitive spidey over tobey

will still have to deal with the sm2 love on the internet, but after civil war, homecoming, infinity war, avengers 4 and 2 more solo movies i think everyone will move on

Pachimari

I don't even think Spider-Man 2 is the best one. The very first one was such an amazing experience in the cinema, finally seeing ones favorite (at the time) superhero come to life on the big screen. MJ was miscast but the rest of the actors were really great. I loved Harry, and the whole origin and the atmosphere and Tobey as this shy Peter Parker. It's still my favorite Spider-Man flick.

And oh man we're quickly coming closer to the premiere of Homecoming. Just 3 more weeks!

SpaceWolf

Banned
I don't even think Spider-Man 2 is the best one. The very first one was such an amazing experience in the cinema, finally seeing ones favorite (at the time) superhero come to life on the big screen. MJ was miscast but the rest of the actors were really great. I loved Harry, and the whole origin and the atmosphere and Tobey as this shy Peter Parker. It's still my favorite Spider-Man flick.

And oh man we're quickly coming closer to the premiere of Homecoming. Just 3 more weeks!

It sounds like you're confusing your nostalgic recollections of your first viewing experience of that particular film with its actual quality as a movie, though.

Speaking as someone who actually just re-watched Spider-Man 1 and 2 earlier this week, the first movie really doesn't hold up. It feels spectacularly dated in a way the sequel really isn't, feeling more like an overlong power rangers episode than an accomplished film in its own right. The villain is directionless, overly theatrical and has no motivation whatsoever...in addition to a lot of the action being awkwardly choreographed and almost childishly simplistic. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things about it that are wonderful (the joyous tone, the lovely origin stuff, William Dafoe's spectacularly hammy performance), but I would consider it more of a 7/10 film, whereas the sequel is more of 10/10. When Spider-Man 2 came around, it drastically improved on almost literally every aspect of the original film and thus went onto become one of my top five movies of all time.

It all totally comes down to subjectivity of course, it's just that considering the first film to be better than the second seems a very strange stance to take for me!

Pachimari

It sounds like you're confusing your nostalgic recollections of your first viewing experience of that particular film with its actual quality as a movie, though.

Speaking as someone who actually just re-watched Spider-Man 1 and 2 earlier this week, the first movie really doesn't hold up. It feels spectacularly dated in a way the sequel really isn't, feeling more like than an accomplished film in its own right. The villain is directionless, overly theatrical and has no motivation whatsoever...in addition to a lot of the action being awkwardly choreographed and almost childishly simplistic. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things about it that are wonderful (the joyous tone, the lovely origin stuff, William Dafoe's spectacularly hammy performance), but I would consider it more of a 7/10 film, whereas the sequel is more of 10/10. When Spider-Man 2 came around, it drastically improved on almost literally every aspect of the original film and thus went onto become one of my top five movies of all time.

It all totally comes down to subjectivity of course, it's just that considering the first film to be better than the second seems a very strange stance to take for me!
Space, I rewatched the entire trilogy just last month and I still enjoyed the first one more than the second one. I have a big problem with Spider-Man 2 being boring, that's the one feeling I have watching it. I mean, it's really charming and have some very good moments, I just found Doc Ock to be boring. When all is said and done, I feel like both are very good movies, that are very close to each other.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Space, I rewatched the entire trilogy just last month and I still enjoyed the first one more than the second one. I have a big problem with Spider-Man 2 being boring, that's the one feeling I have watching it. I mean, it's really charming and have some very good moments, I just found d Doc Ock to be boring. When all is said and down, I feel like both are very good movies, that are very close to each other.

That's fair enough, mate! Like I said, it's all subjective....so I guess there's no point quibbling which movie was better when it all comes down to our individual tastes.

tumblr_m8nqgjuFHi1qln2ixo4_250.gif

Not stricly MCU related but watching the latest season of Agents of Shield and they did damn well with it. 18 episodes in so far and it's pretty damn enjoyable.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, MCU-GAF, how much did you enjoyed Wonder Woman?
I am going to see it in about one hour unless my painkillers dont kick in cause my whole body feels like breaking apart.

I am going to see it in about one hour unless my painkillers dont kick in cause my whole body feels like breaking apart.

Very entertaining! I nice surprise from DCEU

That said its not perfect. The ending is cheesy as fuck. Youll forgive it since the overall package is leagues above the previous films

Pachimari

Wonder Woman was a fantastic movie. And I didn't find the third act to be cheesy at all. I actually really liked it and was caught by surprise. It was a really nice ending.

we should be getting first promo art for carol soon.... right?
Hmm, good question. I feel like they'll share stuff for Black Panther and then go all in on Avengers: Infinity War. We might see concept art of her Infinity War costume if she is in it.

Quick

Banned
Gonna work on the Homecoming thread soon. You guys got jokes? Throw me some OT titles.

Really partial to:

Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Iron Man 4

Damn good movie.

Ending is cheese, but I liked it a lot. Ate that shit up.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

loved it all, except the ending villain stuff
which was kind of goofy to see his dumb face through the death mask

Gonna work on the Homecoming thread soon. You guys got jokes? Throw me some OT titles.

Really partial to:

that's going to color the tone of the discussion right from the start

and CW is treated as IM4, so this is IM5 or something

Hmm, good question. I feel like they'll share stuff for Black Panther and then go all in on Avengers: Infinity War. We might see concept art of her Infinity War costume if she is in it.

That's all I need for an avatar

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Not stricly MCU related but watching the latest season of Agents of Shield and they did damn well with it. 18 episodes in so far and it's pretty damn enjoyable.
AoS S4 is the (second) best comic book related thing on TV.
Not only we got excellent development all around, we got Ghost Rider and Aida. Seriously, the quality of it all was just amazing.

I loved it, even if I'm totally sold on the (end of) the third act. I do understand why it was that way, but still.

Really partial to:

Iron Man 4 |OT| featuring Spider-Man's Homecoming
Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Not based on that really old movie with Green Goblin
Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| He stole Cap's shield
Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Iron Spider
Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Batman is in this
Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Just here for ToMay

El Topo

I'll have to wait a bit until my post-watch positivity is gone, but right now I'd say that maybe (at best) there are three superhero movies I would put above it: The original Superman, The Dark Knight and The Avengers. I absolutely loved it. The final act is a bit weak, the framing device is not perfect and there are a few minor problems I have with it, but I haven't been this happy about a superhero movie in a long time.

Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Starring Iron Man

Pretty good though I think some of the praise is a little overblown. Still a solid and entertaining movie though and a great introduction to the character.

Platy

It should be like Iron Man 8 =P
1,2,3,avengers,winter soldier, ultron,civil war

Spider-Man Homecoming |OT| Third time's a charm

Top Bottom