• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

Oh fuck I felt horrible watching that. That swallow he does and the discomfort in his face. And Amy talking about how you need to have read a chapter in order to follow what's going on in subsequent movies isn't entirely true either.

Pachimari

Also I don't take it as Sonys movies being part of the MCU, far from it. It's more of a Venom (and their movies) being their own universe and being set up out of Homecoming, so that they can use Tom Holland's Spider-Man in their movies without it being part of the MCU. Which she tries to explain with the adjacent thing.

Dalek

Theoetically-how much would Sony sell the rights to Spider-Man in whole for? Disney should just pay it to avoid this headache.

mreddie

And he will point at the already signed contract and laugh. Do you expect he will let them do everything they want with his property?

YxfK8hy.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Theoetically-how much would Sony sell the rights to Spider-Man in whole for? Disney should just pay it to avoid this headache.
I guess a handfull of billions? To much for one property most likely. Do they also get now money from merchendise? I think they do now.

Pachimari

Its not gonna happen anyway. Kevin will have told her to fuck off after that interview.
No he won't. You don't maintain business relations like that. If he were to tell her to fuck off he wont get more milage out of Spidey than to Homecoming 2 (or 3 if we ask Tom Holland's).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No he won't. You don't maintain business relations like that. If he were to tell her to fuck off he wont get more milage out of Spidey than to Homecoming 2 (or 3 if we ask Tom Holland's).
Fuck off/tell calmly that he would love it that she should stop telling things that are not true

jph139

Venom is gonna be in the MCU the same way Agents of SHIELD is in the MCU.

Unless it's really good, in which case, Venom for Avengers 6!

SpaceWolf

Banned
Scarlett Johansson Teases An AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Scene With 30+ Marvel Characters

Black Widow actress Scarlett Johansson was a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night, where she promoted her upcoming comedy, Rough Night. Of course, Colbert being the big comic book fan that he is, couldn't help asking about Avengers: Infinity War; particularly if there was anything Johansson could divulge that wouldn't land her in hot water with Marvel.

"I really can't. I can't think of anything that I could possibly say," said Johansson, initially. However, Colbert's prodding eventually got her to tease, "Alright. I'm in it [and] at one point, I do think that the Infinity Wars - there are 61 or 62 marvel characters in it. There's a lot."

That's certainly a lot of characters but when The Late Show wanted more specifics and asked if that was how many were on screen at the same time or just in the movie. Scarlett clarified, "In one particular scene, I think there's 32- there's a lot. There's so many of us. I don't even know who's a Marvel character and who's a crew member, honestly. "

tumblr_nt9hqtplKJ1tfw4aco2_500.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Parker is totally bringing that Symbiote back with him at the end of Infinity War, isn't he? It's the perfect set up which falls in line with the comics and gives the Venom movie a connection to Spider-Man without having to shoe horn why Venom ends up with a white spider logo on his chest.

I'm actually excited to see confirmation that it's connected to the MCU because at least they have can pull from events or mentions to have shit make sense. Like someone else said, just think of it as a Netflix show. Gritty, violent, and pretty self contained except for a few mentions here and there.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Parker is totally bringing that Symbiote back with him at the end of Infinity War, isn't he? It's the perfect set up which falls in line with the comics and gives the Venom movie a connection to Spider-Man without having to shoe horn why Venom ends up with a white spider logo on his chest.

I'm actually excited to see confirmation that it's connected to the MCU because at least they have can pull from events or mentions to have shit make sense. Like someone else said, just think of it as a Netflix show. Gritty, violent, and pretty self contained except for a few mentions here and there.

if Sony is making it, and if it's rated R, i don't want any mention of it in any MCU movie - and certainly not in IW

SpaceWolf

Banned
First Twitter Impression of Spiderman: Homecoming:

You know, "Homecoming" really was the perfect title for this film. But you know what title *I* would give it? The AMAZING Spider-Man!

Finally, the perfect Spider-Man film I've been waiting for my whole life.

Best Spider-Man since Spider-Man 2. This movie is so much fun. Great cast. Great action. Villain was... meh. But other than that, great.

Villain was... meh. But other than that, great.

Villain was... meh.

ad83ffbc91de7c1827f25663f4aff82c.jpg

I know, I know, Twitter pre-screening reactions are never to be trusted on the best of days, especially when singular.

histopher

God damnit Sony. Its way too early for a Venom thats connected to Tom Holland in any way. Stop rushing for him it was a mistake last time and it will be this time.

Alienous

So I'm listening to a soundtrack suite for Homecoming. This is painfully generic.

It's hard to believe this came from the dude who composed The Incredibles.

It sounds like stock music that could be used for a BBC documentary.

Sounds like Sony's Marvel Universe and Marvel's Cinematic Universe are a venn diagram with Spider-Man in the middle.

Don't see the big deal if Tom Holland is in both and what's going on in the other universe is only ever referenced. Thor's solo movies have been mostly shit and haven't had a lot of influence on the greater MCU. TV shows are also mostly ignored in the movies too.

Wouldn't be surprised if Venom or Black and Silver are well received Marvel will want them in the MCU. There are a lot of people out there who think they know how all the superhero movie rights work better than Sony producers because they've memorized: Spider-Man with Sony, Xmen with Fox, etc. But nothing is written in stone, deals can be made to make anything work if the right people want them to.

Saying "it's the best Spider-Man since Spider-Man 2" for Homecoming is the easiest review of all time to guarantee, even if you haven't see Homecoming itself yet.

Oh you mean its better than Spider-Man 3, Amazing, and Amazing 2? You don't say???

Saying "it's the best Spider-Man since Spider-Man 2" for Homecoming is the easiest review of all time to guarantee, even if you haven't see Homecoming itself yet.

Oh you mean its better than Spider-Man 3, Amazing, and Amazing 2? You don't say???

Can't wait till the movie comes out and "since Spider-Man 2" is removed as a qualifier.

Top Bottom