• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Another day, another story in the endless troubles of the Fantastic Four movie rights.

https://www.dwdl.de/nachrichten/61889/burgener_bereitet_uebernahme_von_constantin_medien_vor/

There are two sides at Constantin Media right now. Board Chairman Dieter Hahn and CEO Fred Kogel want to sell the movie department (and our precious IP) to focus on Sports and Bernhard Burgener, wo was the CEO before, doesnt want to go in that direction.

Burgener wants now officialy take over Constantin Media, because he is sick of booth parties blocking themself all the time. His problem is, that he is right now under investigation because of insider trading. He tries right now to increase his capital to take over, but Hahn tries to block this. It looks like he was not successfull yet, but its not clear yet.

This all makes me curious again, what would happen if a IP-holder gets bought by someone else. Go the IPs back to Marvel or are they going to keep them?

Another day, another story in the endless troubles of the Fantastic Four movie rights.

https://www.dwdl.de/nachrichten/61889/burgener_bereitet_uebernahme_von_constantin_medien_vor/

This all makes me curious again, what would happen if a IP-holder gets bought by someone else. Go the IPs back to Marvel or are they going to keep them?

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to how the contracts were written. The contract could stay intact with a new owner until it's clause for expiration has been triggered. Or it could automatically expire and revert upon sale of original owner to 3rd party.

But who knows unless you have a copy of the contract, and can decipher whatever legaleese they typed it in.

New Spidey billboard.
19051472_255428744937603_591700039298973696_n.jpg

easy

Captain Marvel plot:

- Carol Danvers is an astronaut who gets dragged into a fight between the siblings Mar-Vell, Phyla-Vell and the insane Genis-Vell.
- Mar-Vell dies and passes on his powers to Carol
- Carol teams up with Phylla-Vell and they beat Genis together
- Carol goes back to earth, Phylla-Vell appears in GotG Vol. 3 to fight Adam

El Topo

I think Hahn has been accused of insider trading, not Bugener. Please don't tarnish the man's reputation. As I wrote earlier, the whole situation is a big mess that could damage Constantin.
Personally I have no idea why anyone would think a focus on the sports segment is a good idea and (iirc) they have been off pretty well with their small movie/TV business.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
any word on the SM:H review embargo?

easy

Captain Marvel plot:

- Carol Danvers is an astronaut who gets dragged into a fight between the siblings Mar-Vell, Phyla-Vell and the insane Genis-Vell.
- Mar-Vell dies and passes on his powers to Carol
- Carol teams up with Phylla-Vell and they beat Genis together
- Carol goes back to earth, Phylla-Vell appears in GotG Vol. 3 to fight Adam

Carol isn't getting her powers bestowed upon her by a man in the MCU

Sesha

We're gonna see Quasar, the -Vells, Noh-Varr, Moondragon, Beta Ray Bill, Michael Korvac, the High Evolutionary, Supreme Intelligence, Captain Atlas, Doctor Minerva, Metal Master, Evilhawk and Mercurio the 4-D man before Dick Rider at this point.

Also Kl'rt, Annihilus, Blastaar and Devos the Devastator, even though those are part of the F4 package.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think Hahn has been accused of insider trading, not Bugener. Please don't tarnish the man's reputation. As I wrote earlier, the whole situation is a big mess that could damage Constantin.
Personally I have no idea why anyone would think a focus on the sports segment is a good idea and (iirc) they have been off pretty well with their small movie/TV business.
I dont understand it either. It makes no sense, espescially since they have a handful of good IPs actually that do money internationally.
But I think its Buegner, unless I misunderstood the DWDL article

El Topo

I dont understand it either. It makes no sense, espescially since they have a handful of good IPs actually that do money internationally.
But I think its Buegner, unless I misunderstood the DWDL article

No, it's definitely Hahn, not Burgener. The original article you posted makes it more clear.

jon bones

anyone know what hulu / freeforms scheduling usually looks like?

trying to figure out when the runaways/cloak & dagger would come out

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Are all of these artbooks for previous MCU films still available somewhere? Or are they sold out?

Don't think artbooks sell particularly well, so they don't get reprinted. You might be able to find recent ones still on sale, but you'll need to go to secondary markets for older ones.

SpaceWolf

Banned
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY's James Gunn Says He's Thinking About Breaking MCU Continuity

On the first day of E3 Coliseum, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 director James Gunn was part of a special panel that included Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gearbox Software's Randy Pitchford, Nerdist's Chris Hardwick and 343 Industries' Kiki Wolfkill. When the discussion turned to deciding when it's right to break your own story - that is, to go against pre-established continuity; Gunn made quite the revelation about the status of Vol. 3's status.

"I'm writing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 [crowd cheers] and I finished the first draft of the treatment yesterday. I'm excited about it and I feel really great about it. But there's one little thing that I had in the first movie," began Gunn before breaking into an explanation of the difference between the continuity of the 616 Marvel Comics Universe and the MCU.

He eventually continued, "I did something in the first [Guardians of the Galaxy] where it was in the background but it was distinctly there, and people know that it's there ... I have a really good storytelling reason for breaking the canon, and I stayed up last night figuring out if I'm gonna do it or not. I still don't know."

So what in particular, is Gunn referring to? "In the first movie, there's the mugshot sequence where they're having their picture taken and the Nova Corps has information about each of the characters come up on their machinery. Now those things are something your average viewer doesn't see at all and doesn't read. But there's a lot of background about who they work with, where they're from and what's going on and it's one of those things I'm thinking about changing."

In other news....

"I want photos! Photos from Spiderman!"

Is Tom wearing lifts or something in that group photo? Thought Zendaya usually towers over him.

She's probably just a little bit taller. I remember she towered over him at some MTV thing but she had heels.

She's listed at 5'10'' and he's listed at 5'8''

Knowing Hollywood... that means she's 5'10'' (because they usually don't list women's heights at all) and he's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 5'5'' to 5'6'' (Men are always listed taller than they are... Tom Cruise, for example, is listed at 5'7'').

Fhtagn

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY's James Gunn Says He's Thinking About Breaking MCU Continuity

In other news....

"I want photos! Photos from Spiderman!"

Is Tom wearing lifts or something in that group photo? Thought Zendaya usually towers over him.

That scenario Gunn describes sounds like it might be a really easy No Prize to retcon. The info was wrong? Unless the idea is a character mentioned is now supposed to be entirely new to the universe and thus not possible to mention in the past.

jon bones

That scenario Gunn describes sounds like it might be a really easy No Prize to retcon. The info was wrong? Unless the idea is a character mentioned is now supposed to be entirely new to the universe and thus not possible to mention in the past.

yeah the nova corps could def be wrong on one of these points (just checked):

gamora - last survivor of the g.... people
rocket - associates: groot, lylla
groot - associates: rocket, tibius law

it's gotta be the edited. nova cop racism thought all of these talking animals types must know each other.

but he hasn't met his true love yet, and we'll see their meet cute in gotgvol 3 where he finally accepts being a part of a family
guardians-of-the-galaxy-these-marvel-characters-getting-cameos.jpg

c86a6fdd4741c1904c99fd7d0026a474.jpg

Poor Peter.
I guess that depends on what he likes.
V6R9thgW7fimI.gif

She's listed at 5'10'' and he's listed at 5'8''

Knowing Hollywood... that means she's 5'10'' (because they usually don't list women's heights at all) and he's probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 5'5'' to 5'6'' (Men are always listed taller than they are... Tom Cruise, for example, is listed at 5'7'').
Yeah, a lot of actors definitely are shorter than what is listed. Dunno where these listings actually come from, though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I guess that depends on what he likes.
V6R9thgW7fimI.gif

ladystiltman1.jpg

Looking forward to that sequel.

yeah the nova corps could def be wrong on one of these points (just checked):

gamora - last survivor of the g.... people
rocket - associates: groot, lylla
groot - associates: rocket, tibius law

it's gotta be the edited. nova cop racism thought all of these talking animals types must know each other.

but he hasn't met his true love yet, and we'll see their meet cute in gotgvol 3 where he finally accepts being a part of a family
guardians-of-the-galaxy-these-marvel-characters-getting-cameos.jpg

c86a6fdd4741c1904c99fd7d0026a474.jpg

You literally beat me to the punch!

I was just about to say, the moment I read that interview I immediately assumed Gunn was talking about Lylla and how in Guardians 1, Rocket's rapsheet describes them as already being associates. I think for Volume 3, Gunn might wish to introduce them to each other for the first time, hence his concerns about pulling a retcon.

Ugh.

There's nothing I can say I like about this game.

Actually, it's not that bad after playing the demo last night. Just that everything about MvCI feels super low budget, and that's before comparing it with DBFZ and Injustice 2.

On the bright side, Spider-Man PS4 seems super high budget. And God of War can be seen as a pseudo-Thor game.

Finaj

While technically not the MCU, I'm posting this here to avoid possible spoilers.

I just finished season 2 of Agents of SHIELD and it was great. I hear season 4 is also wonderful. I haven't heard many great things about season 3. So, my question is...

Is season 3 good and if not, is it possible to skip it?

While technically not the MCU, I'm posting this here to avoid possible spoilers.

I just finished season 2 of Agents of SHIELD and it was great. I hear season 4 is also wonderful. I haven't heard many great things about season 3. So, my question is...

Is season 3 good and if not, is it possible to skip it?

Season 3 is still good. The highs aren't as high as S2, but it's mostly consistent with a few fumbles. It's still great and is crucial for character development.

Top Bottom