• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Moondrop

Banned
Playable Kitty Pryde confirmed. I never thought this day would come. I know my personal contribution was insignificant, but today makes me really happy I financially supported this game pre-release.

They've even soft confirmed my next desired longshot, Professor X, so I've got nothing to possibly complain about.

Also will definitely buy Bobby; he's got tremendous potential as a melee/caster hybrid.

I also have a soft spot for Black Cat from that old Spider-Man arcade game, so here's hoping she's fun too.

FeD.nL

Felicia was in ASM 2, so maybe? Marvel seems to have a good relationship with Sony regarding the Spidey franchise, especially vs Fox with X-Men and FF.

This might be a long shot but since Disney can use Spiderman in (live-action)television maybe they are going to let Black Cat show up in the Daredevil netflix series to connect the ASM-verse with the MCU as has been rumoured for a while. Anyway i'm interested in playing her with the traps Doomsaw and Ryolnir were talking about.

Not sure if I should buy this or not. I have been playing this game a lot since June (steam has me at 191 hours), but at the same time I'm not sure if I'll be playing within a year. I'm already feeling burnt out, haven't been super interested in playing recently.

I'd say about half the characters interest me. Very interested in Kitty, Doom, Ice Man, and Iron Fist. Bucky was my Cap when I first got into comics, but I'm not entirely sure what they'll do to make him fun to play as. Same goes for the rest of em. Blade could be cool. War Machine could be very fun or just boring. If it had fortune cards I feel like I'd definitely do it. I'm not interested in a spider girl enhanced costume though. The value is pretty good though, assuming they are all 10 bucks each the Deluxe pack easily pays for itself.

On the other hand, I could use that money to buy a cool omnibus.

Decisions, decisions.

Its an okay list. Very unsurprising list although that is to be expected. Still hoped for some curveballs. I'll still get it for sure though.

Most excited for:
She-Hulk - love the character
Kitty - Ditto
Iceman - Power set should be awesome
Winter Soldier - Again love the character.

Edit: I guess Black Cat was a surprise for me. I kinda wish it was someone else.

antonz

Felicia was in ASM 2, so maybe? Marvel seems to have a good relationship with Sony regarding the Spidey franchise, especially vs Fox with X-Men and FF.

Sony is in a weak position so it has greatly helped out Marvel/Disney. Disney took advantage of this to some extent with the deal to get full rights on merchandise. They only gave up their small share of the movie profits. So Marvel has it fully in their interest to keep Spiderman popular enough to sell toys etc.

"Cyclops' stolen power remains Bouncing Beam, which is getting (believe it or not) even better when the Cyclops update goes live."

lolwut

I was talking to a friend about how good the game will be this time next year, judging by the previous year's improvements and what we now is in the queue. Doing so made me think of a question: Once all the OG Heroes finish getting their 52 reviews, who still needs fixing before we can say there are no longer bad characters in the game, just different playstyles?

Bad would be pretty subjective in this case, but there are still a handful of heroes I feel need to be revisited either for straight number buffs, tweaks to allow more playstyle variety or visual updates to make them more satisfying to use. These would be: Psylocke, Ghost Rider, Captain America, Colossus, Emma Frost, Hawkeye, Loki, and Spider-Man.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just realised that Black Cat could be considered a "villain", so thats Doom and Black Cat... could we have a third in the 2 unannounced to match the first pack?

This might be a long shot but since Disney can use Spiderman in (live-action)television maybe they are going to let Black Cat show up in the Daredevil netflix series to connect the ASM-verse with the MCU as has been rumoured for a while. Anyway i'm interested in playing her with the traps Doomsaw and Ryolnir were talking about.

Yeah, I remember that in Avengers, they wanted to use the ASM skyline for NYC (with the Oscorp building), but there was some complications, I think the models not being done by then or something, so they didn't.

However, here's a fact: The Facebook Marvel game actually does have a movie-based Spider-Man costume. And that game is developed by a subsidiary company of Disney Interactive. So Marvel is definitely trying to promote the ASM series in their games.

War Machine? Really?

He's been in the files and confirmed to be coming soonish since Beta. Why are you surprised he's coming?

I just realised that Black Cat could be considered a "villain", so thats Doom and Black Cat... could we have a third in the 2 unannounced to match the first pack?

Apparently Mystique, MODOK, Pyro and Electro all were on the list, with Electro getting axed early on in the decision process. But the rest they mentioned to have been on the short list all are heroes.

Edit: Forgot about Pyro!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Never seen him confirmed anywhere. Must have missed it then. Anyway, how is he different than Iron Man? Couldn't he be an enhanced costume?

684022-warmachine1.jpg

no. he's more like a transformer these days than a iron man clone

I think Mystique is a planned team up.

Only really interested in Kitty. And probably Iceman. Others range from no interest to wouldn't mind but won't be saving for.

On an aside: Too many villains imo.

Never seen him confirmed anywhere. Must have missed it then. Anyway, how is he different than Iron Man? Couldn't he be an enhanced costume?

No he couldn't.
War Machine is as close to Iron Man as Psylocke is to Deadpool. Even though both Iron Man and War Machine use armors, they use them very differently. Iron Man mostly uses "clean" attacks - energy beams, repulsor blasts, shields, and the occasional missile.
War Machine is all about being armed to the teeth. He has access to stuff that Iron Man does, but War Machine does not use energy weapons all that much - he mostly uses energy blades in that regard. He also uses a lot of bullet-based weaponry - miniguns, machine guns, and all that jazz.
His fighting style also is different - where Iron Man is about outsmarting his opponent and fights both offensively and defensively, War Machine tends to go all out and push his suit to the limits. I would not be surprised if he had a unique mechanic that fits the character - particularly a heat mechanic that would potentially make him overheat or something like that.

This Advanced Pack is a mixed bag. I have every character so far, but I'm not sure that will hold true next year. I haven't even touched seven of the characters I own. So I might just save the dough and pick up the three that interest me. If I'm honest, this list is Iron Fist and then everyone else.

My Ranking:

Iron Fist:
Iron Fist

Interesting:
Blade
Doctor Doom

Meh:
Iceman
Kitty Pryde
Vision

LOLNO:
She Hulk
War Machine
Winter Soldier
Black Cat

I think Mystique is a planned team up.

Only really interested in Kitty. And probably Iceman. Others range from no interest to wouldn't mind but won't be saving for.

On an aside: Too many villains imo.

I was taking the info that playable Mystique was on the shortlist for the AP2 from the Q&A. And heroes can be both playable and team-ups (see Spider-Man and Thor).

Also, I don't think there's too many villains. Our current roster (including Nova) is 39, 2 of which are villains. This will increase to 5 out of 43 by the end of this year. Adding the 10 confirmed AP characters, we'll be at 7 out of 53 (and personally I don't even consider Black Cat a villain at this point...). I think the balance is pretty good.

What's Tragic's opinion on X-23 as a character that was created and populated from a cartoon?

Haha, I forgot about her. She was great in Nyx. Everything since has been pure garbage.

How does she differ from Wolverine enough to warrant her own roster spot? Feels like a crazy cash-in attempt from Gaz. She's a simple costume swap at best.

Also, on the discussion of the "differences" between War Machine and Iron Man: I don't buy it. Just change his visual effects like they do on Star-Lord's movie costume.

Hmm I guess it's not that many when you put it that way, I guess it's just the upcoming releases and that two (ymmv) of those just announced colouring my perception.

Edit: I think X23 is supposed to be more agile? But more fragile - no adamantium. She also has that foot claw?

Indignate

Haha, I forgot about her. She was great in Nyx. Everything since has been pure garbage.

How does she differ from Wolverine enough to warrant her own roster spot? Feels like a crazy cash-in attempt from Gaz. She's a simple costume swap at best.

Well, we can never be friends.

Can't say I didn't try though.

Well, we can never be friends.

Can't say I didn't try though.

I said I liked her in Nyx!

The truth is, when you start with a bad character and then essentially make a direct copy, you're still left with a bad character. The best thing she's been in for a decade was the recent Avengers Arena. God bless Hopeless and god bless the Runaways.

Just for the record, here's the characters that are (apparently) very high on the list:
Ant-Man (is like almost a lock for the AP2, but they're still figuring out tech)
Nick Fury
Havok
Dazzler
Mystique
Black Bolt
(Arch)Angel
MODOK
Elektra
Jubilee
Wasp

It's very likely that the remaining 2 heroes are going to be one out of those, with Ant-Man being almost certain to take one spot.

Magik, Beast and Domino weren't considered because they might end up being 200ES tier heroes instead.

There's also some additional heroes that are ranked fairly highly, such as Captain Britain, Gladiator, Pyro, Electro, Falcon, and Spider-Woman.

I'm torn if I want the Advance Pack 2 or not. It'll mean 13 heroes (including X-23) that I'll have available to toy with. I have no real interest in them as characters, since I don't currently read/follow the comics much, but mechanically it sounds like there could be some real fun ones down the road. I'd likely spend $30 more for the super duper pack and get the costumes but I hate not knowing what to expect from the costumes.

I'm also bummed they didn't include Fortune Cards in the pack this time. I saw someone say the previous pack had 72 cards included. That'd seriously be enough to tip the scale into making me buy the pack for sure. I think I like the random chance they offer.

What were the surprises this year for owners of the previous pack? Did they give extra team up heroes or something? Or was there a 200 ES hero or two that were thrown in later in the year that hadn't been initially announced as included? I thought people have brought this up.

In other news Cyclops is level 55 as I'm pushing to get him to 60 now. And my Weapon vendor got Max today. So now just Gear vendor left and that's at level 9 I believe.

Xenocthul

What were the surprises this year for owners of the previous pack? Did they give extra team up heroes or something? Or was there a 200 ES hero or two that were thrown in later in the year that hadn't been initially announced as included? I thought people have brought this up.

I don't remember getting any surprises from the last Advance pack

There was an early bonus like the one for X-23 in this one, just that that one was Ghost Rider. But there was no "surprise" releases. Nothing added retroactively.

Also, I expect for the costumes:
Iceman: Default will likely be the more recent spikey one. Alt will likely be either 60s Snowman or, more likely, the Silver Surfer-esque look used in the 90s (and before that, but we all know X-derps constantly yell for cartoon shit).

Dr. Doom: Classic and white Future Foundation. They haven't decided which one is the default and which the alt.

War Machine: Iron Man 3 (aka Iron Patriot). They already have the model in the files.

Kitty: I imagine we'll get the blue Shadowcat as alt.

Vision: Costume will either be his movie looks or the white 80s alt.

She-Hulk: Wouldn't be surprised if we got lawyer suit or Savage She-Hulk as alt.

Winter Soldier: Movie looks as alt.

Blade: Blade has had several looks, so I'm hoping for an original 70s Blade all with afro and stuff.

Iron Fist: Probably will get the white costume.

Black Cat: Claws

Ant-Man (if applicable): The model he uses as crafter as default, and movie costume as alt.

What's going on with Venom?

?

What's awesome, perfect and hilarious? D:

Also, lol @ having social chat active. :p

Are you serious?!? I troll the hell out of everyone on social chat. It's a whole game within the game. You're missing my best work if you aren't on there.

----

Did you check the price? I am really interested in the price now, heh.

Checked on my Hand of Nimrod value. Two blessings. So I'll give it to you for one Hela if you are interested.

I don't remember getting any surprises from the last Advance pack

Maybe I'm thinking of the Team-Up pack or something. Like I thought Odin was a surprise given to people recently.

Also, I still have no idea how to actually write something in social chat. I stopped following it and just keep a SuperGroup chat window around.

Iron Fist: Probably will get the white costume.
I think that his default is the White outfit, judging by the fact it is what they show him wearing in the group picture for the pack. Is that a more recent one? It will feel weird to me if the majority of the IFs are running around with that instead of his classic green outfit. Especially, considering that his current in game model uses the green look.

I think that his default is the White outfit, judging by the fact it is what they show him wearing in the group picture for the pack. Is that a more recent one? It will feel weird to me if the majority of the IFs are running around with that instead of his classic green outfit. Especially, considering that his current in game model uses the green look.

Oh yeah, that is true. Then the green will be the alt I reckon. Perhaps it's to make him more distinctive from the Luke Cage pet? I dunno.

That said, Iron Fist's been wearing that white suit for 5 or so years. Also Marvel is dictating which costumes are chosen for the default costumes, which is why Rogue and Nightcrawler did not get the 90s and classic suits as defaults, respectively, but more modern ones. I assume the same goes for Iron Fist in this case.

Have 5 HoNs clogging stash. Various rolls, need to check. If the going rate is 2 blessings then 1 will suffice for any of them within SuperGroup.

Drayco21

Blade: Blade has had several looks, so I'm hoping for an original 70s Blade all with afro and stuff.

I know I'd want 70's afro blade, but the slide they showed him on makes me think we'll probably get the modern costume that debuted in Curse of the Mutants (and was seen again in Deadpool: The Gauntlet, so I guess that's just his current look now?) If not Claws, I think we'll see All-New Marvel Now ASM villain jumpsuit look for Black Cat.

I wonder if for Ant-Man, they'd hold off and make the MCU costume an enhanced, since it's going to be Scott in the movie suit?

I know I'd want 70's afro blade, but the slide they showed him on makes me think we'll probably get the modern costume that debuted in Curse of the Mutants (and was seen again in Deadpool: The Gauntlet, so I guess that's just his current look now?)

That's for his default. We were talking about the costumes accompanying the release.
Edit: Nevermind, I saw what you meant. My 70s costume was more of a wish than an expectation anyway - Blade's got so many different looks over the years, it's crazy lol.

If not Claws, I think we'll see All-New Marvel Now ASM villain jumpsuit look for Black Cat.

Oh, this one? Yeah, I guess that would make sense also.

I wonder if for Ant-Man, they'd hold off and make the MCU costume an enhanced, since it's going to be Scott in the movie suit?

Possible, actually, yeah, I didn't think about that. They could make classic Ant-Man (i.e. the current crafter model) his costume as well, since that's what they did to the Nightcrawler NPC model, and go with the new Giant Man he's been wearing lately as default.

ouch bro

I thought we have fun together!

We do. I can make fun of you and have fun with you! :3

Top Bottom