• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

Kaine has no roster spot. Thats like wishing for...Skin from Generation X. It will never happen, playable villains wont change that

Unless, of course, Kaine all of a sudden has a major comic push or something (like Black Cat is getting)

N1VL9ws.jpg

I still believe.

Vecks

While waiting for the shell timer yesterday, I decided to finally put some time into checking out Jean. Originally checked out Phoenix first, but I like mental better, mostly for the visuals (not a fan of fire everywhere, and I enjoy telekinetic stuff). I really love the new signature, and Dark Phoenix as normal jean kind of works like a second signature, so that's doubly awesome. Most of her mental skills are still kind of samey-looking, but I do like the rock throwing power.

DrAg0nBoY

I'll be on later this evening my time, but I'm seven hours behind the UK. This game needs a mailbox option to send stuff to people! I'll check and see if you are online.

So that probably means you are 9 hours behind for me :). Just say the time when you will be on and we can try. If you are late enough I will probably already wake up and we can trade.

Why play as a random dude wearing a weaponized suit when you can play as the LIVING WEAPON? The Iron Fist Hype Train is headed into station. Hop on now, bros.

I am Danny Rand. I am the Living Weapon.

I am Awakened. I live by the principles of Wei Wu Wei, action that is non-action. I don't react to my enemy's actions. I live in the moment, and allow my skills and training to dictate the correct response. I have a tool for every situation. I am the Living Weapon.

"Why are you unhappy?
Because 99.9 per cent
Of everything you think,
And of everything you do,
Is for yourself — and there isn't one."
- Ask The Awakened

I am Peace. I am at one with nature. I am an anemone wavering in the karmic ocean that is life.

I am War. I will Burning Chi Thunderfoot kick you in the face.

I am the Living Weapon. I am a Mother Fucking Dragon.

I will burn through you with the Fury of Amon Ra.

So that probably means you are 9 hours behind for me :). Just say the time when you will be on and we can try. If you are late enough I will probably already wake up and we can trade.

I usually stay up late on Wednesday nights for raids. I should definitely be available to swap with you. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's really weird linking up with someone across the ocean. I've been playing FIFA with a bunch of UK bros, and they are usually signing off for the night when I'm available to play. Rhaknar knows that feeling all too well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont think you have to convince anyone to like Danny, he's one of the most popular characters

I dont think you have to convince anyone to like Danny, he's one of the most popular characters

What?!? His books rarely crack the top 100 in monthly sales. He's not even close to their most popular character. I doubt any non-comic book fans even know who he is, which I cannot say about the Avengers, X-Men, etc. If you slapped Iron Fist in a new movie, my wife would ask me who the hell he is. She's my litmus test for these things, since she loves superhero movies but knows nothing outside of the cinema stuff.

You sure know how to hype up that Iron Fist! :D
Can't wait!

Don't do us dirty, Gaz! When I test Iron Fist's kill time on the boss dummies, I expect their servers to crash. Their game code cannot contain his Chi Force. The Living Weapon should be on some Matrix-type shit, cracking the code within the game. Selecting him in-game is the equivalent of inputing a Game Genie cheat code.

Who's Danny Rand? You mean Clint Barton?

Same artist, so I forgive your ignorance. Aja's Hawkeye shares a lot of similarities with his Danny Rand, which he did years prior. But for the record, Hawkeye isn't fit to carry Iron Fist's jockstrap. Not even the amazing Fraction run can convince me otherwise.

I have a sudden urge to go back and reread Immortal Iron Fist.

That is always the correct decision. Always.

I meant around here

In that case, I imagine you are correct. I would compliment everyone on here for their discerning taste, but too many people are hyped about She Hulk and War Machine. Also, people don't recognize the awesomeness that is Fantomex!

In conclusion: IRON FIST!!!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So iron fist is basically bruce leeroy from the last dragon, but white?

Same artist, so I forgive your ignorance. Aja's Hawkeye shares a lot of similarities with his Danny Rand, which he did years prior. But for the record, Hawkeye isn't fit to carry Iron Fist's jockstrap. Not even the amazing Fraction run can convince me otherwise.

I will in turn forgive your ignorance for not getting the joke ;)

oGuvjJ9.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The end of Summer event is over tomorrow, right? I've read that the shades are worth having, are either of the other 100/150 shell items worth getting? I have just under 300 shells, would I be better off getting two of those items or just the mystery box?

KePoW

Banned
In that case, I imagine you are correct. I would compliment everyone on here for their discerning taste, but too many people are hyped about She Hulk and War Machine. Also, people don't recognize the awesomeness that is Fantomex!

In conclusion: IRON FIST!!!

Dude... now granted I haven't read any Iron Fist comix, but he just seems like Luke Cage's little sidekick. I summon him whenever I want for giggles, like a crappy Robin

Luke Cage rulez!

(if you don't agree with the above, u r racist)

Vecks

The end of Summer event is over tomorrow, right? I've read that the shades are worth having, are either of the other 100/150 shell items worth getting? I have just under 300 shells, would I be better off getting two of those items or just the mystery box?

Doomsaw said that the patch is most likely coming tomorrow, so probably ending then.

The other stuff isn't that important. There's nothing special about the perfect wave. The kahuna is usually just for the 10% xp for slightly faster leveling, but it's not a big deal.

KePoW

Banned
Doomsaw said that the patch is most likely coming tomorrow, so probably ending then.

The other stuff isn't that important. There's nothing special about the perfect wave. The kahuna is usually just for the 10% xp for slightly faster leveling, but it's not a big deal.

Do you think the kahuna would help some for cosmic prestiges though? I plan on doing several more in the future

Vecks

Do you think the kahuna would help some for cosmic prestiges though? I plan on doing several more in the future

I'd imagine a rank 5 normal legendary would probably be better, since it'd help you kill bosses faster, which would, in turn help you level faster.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Sounds like I may as well get the Kahuna then. I'm still leveling my first character (I play all loot games the same: I play through most or all of the story at the default level then try a new class for a while, went back to Storm last night) and haven't found any legendary items at all. Probably better than getting two sets of shades or just selling off the excess shells. Definitely not going to get enough tonight to get the shades and a mystery box either.

edit: I'm also one ES away from getting another random box
ohmygodiplaytoomuchofthisgamehelp
so I'll probably be even farther away from getting Storm to 60, so it becomes even more helpful by way of my complete lack of interest in fully leveling a character.

Vecks

Sounds like I may as well get the Kahuna then. I'm still leveling my first character (I play all loot games the same: I play through most or all of the story at the default level then try a new class for a while, went back to Storm last night) and haven't found any legendary items at all. Probably better than getting two sets of shades or just selling off the excess shells. Definitely not going to get enough tonight to get the shades and a mystery box either.

Legendary items aren't found. You have to buy them with odin marks. They cost 300 marks, so they can take a while to get, especially when you're just starting out, but are well worth it for characters you plan on playing a lot. There's also the cosmic legendary during the cosmic event that's useful for hybrid classes, but that one is also extremely time-consuming to acquire.

Xevren

Dude... now granted I haven't read any Iron Fist comix, but he just seems like Luke Cage's little sidekick. I summon him whenever I want for giggles, like a crappy Robin

Luke Cage rulez!

It's like you go out of your way to make me hate you. Why you gotta be like that bro?

KePoW

Banned
It's like you go out of your way to make me hate you. Why you gotta be like that bro?

Oops...I honestly didn't mean it for you Xevren, you are kool in my book.

It was for my nemesis Tragi , we have a serious blood feud going on

Luke Cage rulez!

It's fitting that you would like Cage, since the dude is a walking racial caricature. I believe you even referenced him as a "gang banger," which is exactly how Marvel used to portray him.

"Where's my money, honey?"

"Yo' mama, sucker!"

Don't even get me started on the Flava Flav inspired "BOYEEEEES!"

In summary: Luke Cage is terrible.

KePoW

Banned
It's fitting that you would like Cage, since the dude is a walking racial caricature. I believe you even referenced him as a "gang banger," which is exactly how Marvel used to portray him.

"Where's my money, honey?"

"Yo' mama, sucker!"

Don't even get me started on the Flava Flav inspired "BOYEEEEES!"

In summary: Luke Cage is terrible.

HAHA... holy cow, proof u r racist!!

Drayco21

Poor Bucky looks like he should be up at 4 in the morning making pudding because he's lost control of his life or something. Blade looks great though.

Visible aliasing on Blade's, ummm, blade. Will not purchase.

Also, I love their renders, but let's be honest: nothing in game looks even close to that.

Kepow, my entire in-game focus from this day forward is to prepare the way for Iron Fist. I've known he was coming for some time, but the dream is actually tangible now.

Without knowing what future characters will bring to the table in terms of synergy, I've planned according to what we currently know. Since I tend to gravitate towards melee characters, I already have most of the stuff I want unlocked. There are three others that I need to level for their synergy skills:

Cable - zero interest in him, but 2% critical chance is great for every character in game
Luke Cage - I can't stand him, but that 2% defense, 2% physical damage
Thor - will wait for his review, 2% melee damage; 2% energy proc on melee

I have some really strong artifacts that I will gladly repurpose for Iron Fist when he releases, but I will begin hunting in earnest for Gem of the Kursed.

----

Kitty Pryde model for you weirdos!

Which full models has dink done so far?

Nightcrawler (+all costumes but the classic one), Moon Knight (+ all costumes), Gambit (and most of his costumes), I think a few Cyclops costumes. She's also done Invisible Woman and Psylocke, but she had some weird limitations where she had to keep the models a certain height or something.

Hopefully Winter Soldier/Bucky has a movie costume. For some reason I like his look there vs on here.

Pretty much guaranteed. So far they've always used costumes that were used in the movies.

KePoW

Banned
Nightcrawler (+all costumes but the classic one), Moon Knight (+ all costumes), Gambit (and most of his costumes), I think a few Cyclops costumes. She's also done Invisible Woman and Psylocke, but she had some weird limitations where she had to keep the models a certain height or something.

ok got it

I don't like Sue's face, but I don't think that was dink's decision. I get the impression people (or Marvel) above her wanted Sue to look like an older mother.

At first I thought Psylocke's new model looked weird, but it's grown on me. The UXF costume is great

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok got it

I don't like Sue's face, but I don't think that was dink's decision. I get the impression people (or Marvel) above her wanted Sue to look like an older mother.

so they wanted her to look like what she is, a mother of two?

Top Bottom