• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Moondrop

Banned
I turned my new laptop down to minimum settings and things look more comicy. I don't like playing without my fancy mouse though, but for Juggernaut it doesn't really matter. :p

In other news, I've admitted to myself I will unlock and level the entire roster eventually.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took Gambit from 44 -> 60 in a few hours. 457% bonus XP is pretty ridiculous. Next hero will either be finishing up Thor, Rocket, or starting a new hero...I wouldn't mind trying my first melee hero out.

I plan on eventually getting all the characters up to red prestige. I have about four characters at red 60 now and another 5 or so at purple 60.
This Xmas event has given me a good opportunity to farm Unique items to feed to my 16 pets. About half of them are Old Laces though :/

Dec

I turned my new laptop down to minimum settings and things look more comicy. I don't like playing without my fancy mouse though, but for Juggernaut it doesn't really matter. :p

In other news, I've admitted to myself I will unlock and level the entire roster eventually.

The more simple lighting definitely removes a lot of the depth in a way that I like in some situations. Specifically high quality materials makes the colors of things pop more because they aren't covered in a shiny layer of shaders.

GManDH

I need to do a Red Raid today. I started one with my other sg but it seems most of them have completed their red raids for the week. if anyone wants to red raid today msg me ingame, GmanDH

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Human Torch from 12 -> 40 in the past hour. I think I'll take him to 60 since he's fun and really quick to level. After THAT, I'll try a melee hero. Any suggestions?

Human Torch from 12 -> 40 in the past hour. I think I'll take him to 60 since he's fun and really quick to level. After THAT, I'll try a melee hero. Any suggestions?

The only melee character I don't like much at all might be Daredevil, and I don't even hate him, so you're pretty open. For melee destroyers, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Wolverine, and Black Panther are all pretty fun. More tanky I like Colossus, Hulk, Ms. Marvel
and Thing

KePow, did you get a fix to that Reliquary business? I just picked one up and can't open or destroy it either. (edit: I'm an idiot, I was just too low level to open it.)

Vecks

Psylocke and Mr. Fantastic are my faves. I haven't tried juggernaut yet, but he looks pretty fun too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Psylocke and Mr. Fantastic are my faves. I haven't tried juggernaut yet, but he looks pretty fun too.

I had no idea Psylocke was melee. Juggernaut also looks fun because he's huge, ha.

The only melee character I don't like much at all might be Daredevil, and I don't even hate him, so you're pretty open. For melee destroyers, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Wolverine, and Black Panther are all pretty fun. More tanky I like Colossus, Hulk, Ms. Marvel
and Thing

KePow, did you get a fix to that Reliquary business? I just picked one up and can't open or destroy it either. (edit: I'm an idiot, I was just too low level to open it.)

Moon Knight, Taskmaster, and Wolverine were the two I was most interested in trying out. I am getting everyone to 60 before ever bothering to gear anyone up, so I'm not looking for someone who will dominate at the end game, but I DO want someone who will power through the levels with relative ease. I don't want to waste time with my precious boosts, haha.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I had no idea Psylocke was melee. Juggernaut also looks fun because he's huge, ha.

Moon Knight, Taskmaster, and Wolverine were the two I was most interested in trying out. I am getting everyone to 60 before ever bothering to gear anyone up, so I'm not looking for someone who will dominate at the end game, but I DO want someone who will power through the levels with relative ease. I don't want to waste time with my precious boosts, haha.

Leveling Moon Knight was rough for me. I had a lot of spirit problems with him. Wolverine doesn't get spirit problems, which is great, but he doesn't get really fun until the later levels.

KePoW

Banned

Yeah MH Support responded back within an hour... and they said to check the level of the box. I was too low level, since I got it on a non-60

It's weird cause there's not even any indication, and you literally cannot even drop/destroy it or anything

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some of the default costume choices in the game are so bizarre now that im reading stuff again. For example, Cyclops's default is from Astonishing X-Men... which came out in 2004 o_O

and the Kitty model that they showed is also her costume from Astonishing... although in her case, I guess she doesnt really change her look all that much

Dec

Yeah MH Support responded back within an hour... and they said to check the level of the box. I was too low level, since I got it on a non-60

It's weird cause there's not even any indication, and you literally cannot even drop/destroy it or anything

They have level requirements to open on the tooltip and the name is faded out on the ground when you get them if you can't open them.

Drayco21

some of the default costume choices in the game are so bizarre now that im reading stuff again. For example, Cyclops's default is from Astonishing X-Men... which came out in 2004 o_O

and the Kitty model that they showed is also her costume from Astonishing... although in her case, I guess she doesnt really change her look all that much

Cyclops didn't stop wearing the Astonishing costume until after Avengers vs. X-Men, so he was still wearing it when the game came out. Similarly, Kitty changes her hair more than her costume these days- she's still wearing the Astonishing uniform, but with a ponytail again.

Generally the defaults are the costumes they were wearing when the game launched.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cyclops didn't stop wearing the Astonishing costume until after Avengers vs. X-Men, so he was still wearing it when the game came out.

gag-jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
not sure if it was posted here but one of the devs who makes costumes for the heros said a while ago they are working on the lightining system in certain area's making costumes look too different than what they should be (im guessing there is going to be a change in how bloom works because thats disgusting too lol).

Rhaknar

not sure if it was posted here but one of the devs who makes costumes for the heros said a while ago they are working on the lightining system in certain area's making costumes look too different than what they should be (im guessing there is going to be a change in how bloom works because thats disgusting too lol).

hopefully Carol's Captain Marvel costume is affected because it looks awful in game

Moondrop

Banned

Fortunately I received Cyclop's classic costume when I bought Jean pre-launch... though that costume is sufficiently close to canon for my standards (dark blue/gold with red visor).

Kitty can basically call anything that looks like a generic X-uniform as canon. But you can be damn sure I will be rocking this at the earliest available opportunity:

Dec

It's changing the shaders to newer ones to make the character lighting more consistent through the different areas. Some places have really harsh lighting that causes very poor quality self-shading on some costumes. Not a big change unless you play with the camera up your ass.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
whoa check out those Batman easter eggs

Batman cofnirmed for Smash

also Kitty with ponytail or gtfo

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I generally think people who say "waifu" are trash tier people

Kitty tho <3 dat model. such a qt. Too bad there's no Colossus team-up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bonus XP event is over today, right? I was hoping to get Torch to 60 (currently 52), but I may not be able to make it before the event ends since work and all.

Is there a new event this week?

Bonus XP event is over today, right? I was hoping to get Torch to 60 (currently 52), but I may not be able to make it before the event ends since work and all.

There is typically a patch on Thursdays; or Fridays if it's delayed. Nobody really knows anything since the devs have been on vacation. Should get some info today when they're back in their offices. (it's still 7:30am PST)

Some people have guessed that the Cosmic Chaos event is this week, based on drops on the Test Servers.

But I would assume that the 100% xp server-side boost will be live until the next patch. Midtown Madness is also going on today.

Rhaknar

patches are on tuesdays/fridays usually, not mondays

I got my first ever +1 to all attributes roll on my pet tonight.
Im not really sure if its better than a +3 to fighting, strength or energy but its cool to have a pet that has this kind of stat anyway. It definitely seems to be the rarest roll.

I wish there was a way to predict what a pet reroll will get base on what you feed it. I have a bunch of +3 energy pets and I really could use other stats.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have several +1 all attributes, but zero with any +Energy at all. And I have like 20 pets. RNG gonna RNG

Rhaknar

thats awesome, shame I dont know the character. Probably will still buy it tho, I dont like most of Scarlet Witch's costumes

Drayco21

for Drayco, a hardcore comic book fanboy, yes (I mean that lovingly)

for a videogame with 50 characters, no

This. It's not even that I want them to put in huge amounts of dev work on each of them, given the choice, I'd just as soon see them release him with the exact same power set but as his own hero so he can at least have alternate costumes and take up another roster slot in my glorious, glorious collection of characters I don't play as.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I can actually feel the rage as I imagine Drayco reading someone saying that Venom and Carnage should be enhanced costumes for Spiderman.

Rhaknar

I can actually feel the rage as I imagine Drayco reading someone saying that Venom and Carnage should be enhanced costumes for Spiderman.

Well, Carnage for Venom sure. I dont think anyone ever suggested Venom for spiderman

But I bet he rages with Anti Venom :p

Drayco21

Well, Carnage for Venom sure. I dont think anyone ever suggested Venom for spiderman

But I bet he rages with Anti Venom :p

Carnage could be a really cool summon based character the way people on the forums who didn't know anything about Venom wanted him to be. Like, using his Carnage USA powers to bring in hordes of Carnage-Folk. Plus a whole tree could be made of his shapeshifting weapons. I don't know if I want him playable, because I don't dig playable villains too much, but if he gets in he'd deserve his own roster slot over a Venom enhanced for sure.

Anti-Venom I can mentally rationalize for the same reason I can Toxin- at least they're all Eddie Brock under there. It just makes me mad that they aren't enhanced, Anti-Venom needs to be running around, telling people about Jesus and shouting about curing everything, not repeating Venom lines.

What really fires me up is people claiming Agent Venom should be a Venom alt or Kaine should be a Spider-Man enhanced.

Top Bottom