• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh neat, I forgot Punisher's Review is next up after Hulk. Looking forward to that, I want an excuse to play him more since I have that badass free costume from the anniversary event.

Also how Hulk's review turns out will dictate if I shell out 400 splinters for him, as my most recent blender got me Planet Hulk costume, which is pretty cool too. I ended up really enjoying Juggernaut, so if he ends up similar to that I'll probably go for it.

Carnage could be a really cool summon based character the way people on the forums who didn't know anything about Venom wanted him to be. Like, using his Carnage USA powers to bring in hordes of Carnage-Folk. Plus a whole tree could be made of his shapeshifting weapons. I don't know if I want him playable, because I don't dig playable villains too much, but if he gets in he'd deserve his own roster slot over a Venom enhanced for sure.

Anti-Venom I can mentally rationalize for the same reason I can Toxin- at least they're all Eddie Brock under there. It just makes me mad that they aren't enhanced, Anti-Venom needs to be running around, telling people about Jesus and shouting about curing everything, not repeating Venom lines.

What really fires me up is people claiming Agent Venom should be a Venom alt or Kaine should be a Spider-Man enhanced.

Nate Grey as an enhanced for Cable kinda steams my hide, but it's also the only way we'd ever see him in game. I'll take it.

So Hulk review should definitely be in the patch next week. They haven't said when the patch will drop this week yet, or what event it will be, but it's probably coming soon.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wiccan will probs be what sam is to richard, basically skill color change and few different animations

also

The following 52 design reviews officially announced: (dates are best estimates)

Hulk (Approximately January 15th)

Punisher (Second half of January/First half of February)

Thing (early design progressing)

Cable (concepting underway)

Scarlet Witch (early design progressing - will ship close to the May 1st launch of Avengers Age of Ultron)

Deadpool (concepting underway)

Winter Soldier - Approximately Feb 1.

Iceman - Approximately March 1.

Indignate

Wiccan looks like a Fire Emblem character.

I wish there was a way to predict what a pet reroll will get base on what you feed it. I have a bunch of +3 energy pets and I really could use other stats.

I also wish that every game was PSO.

Man Sega, just like give me PSO2 like please.

JDMC13

Can Hawkeye do competitive DPS in the red raid?

I got Sacred White Gorilla Necklace and Lizard Formula this weekend to go with my GotK and HoD on Hawkeye, but I can't get my TTK anywhere near low enough for my supergroup to take me to the red raid. My gaming PC was out of commission for awhile so I'm really far behind on Eyes/Hearts of Demonfire and Omega Points. I know that there are only so many Demonfires you can get per day but Omega isn't gated, so I plan on farming them as best I can.

Also, I've noticed that my Venom, Moon Knight and Nova who are nowhere near as tricked out as my Hawkeye do a lot more damage and are a lot less squishy, but Hawkeye was the hero I picked back when I started right when the game came out. The first 3 items I bought with Eternity Splinters were random hero boxes and each of them had Hawkeye in them. I like him a lot, but if there is just no way to make him competitive, I guess I have no choice but to switch.

KePoW

Banned
Nate Grey as an enhanced for Cable kinda steams my hide, but it's also the only way we'd ever see him in game. I'll take it.

isn't Nate Grey THE X-Man ??

I haven't read him yet, but if so then I assume he's a major bigtime character in the comix and we'll see him as a main playable character?

JDMC13

sweet beanz!! that's pretty awesome, good score by you

Well at the time, it was before his 52 review so I found it more... soul crushing. But he's better now, still really squishy, but better. I just can't produce the damage output of someone like my Venom or Moon Knight who are newly minted 60s without really any gear.

isn't Nate Grey THE X-Man ??

I haven't read him yet, but if so then I assume he's a major bigtime character in the comix and we'll see him as a main playable character?

Yeah but I mean he's from the Age of Apocalypse universe and then he came over to Earth 616 because crystals and he went on some crazy adventures that never really went anywhere. During AoA that was the one book I collected, so I hold him dear to my heart, but I don't think he's considered major in any way that he'd be a singular, playable character in this game any time before 2018.

KePoW

Banned
Yeah but I mean he's from the Age of Apocalypse universe and then he came over to Earth 616 because crystals and he went on some crazy adventures that never really went anywhere. During AoA that was the one book I collected, so I hold him dear to my heart, but I don't think he's considered major in any way that he'd be a singular, playable character in this game any time before 2018.

ah ok, that's weird if he's not super major considering he's The X-Man

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Doomsaw with some achievements

terminator reference, i expect alot of refrences in these achievements / titles :D

sNZ8e16.png

awesome news

We're definitely on the final stretch.

Still to do:

Some UI polish to complete.

Some rewards to complete (this is the most time consuming).

Adding achievements for Winter Soldier (and possibly Ice Man).

Polish pass of all existing achievements is underway.

Another big alpha test.

A big public beta test.

Launch!

Probably 4-8 weeks total, depending on how we prioritize other stuff.

Drayco21

Doomsaw with some achievements

terminator reference, i expect alot of refrences in these achievements / titles :D

awesome news

We're definitely on the final stretch.

Still to do:

Some UI polish to complete.

Some rewards to complete (this is the most time consuming).

Adding achievements for Winter Soldier (and possibly Ice Man).

Polish pass of all existing achievements is underway.

Another big alpha test.

A big public beta test.

Launch!

Probably 4-8 weeks total, depending on how we prioritize other stuff.

I'm looking forward to this more than half of the characters confirmed for this year. Can't wait to see all the references and fun things they dig up for each character's achievements. Definitely going to get me to play some of the other characters in my roster.

Never as Gambit though.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Doomsaw loves me and replied to my question about seeing my fav heroes achievements :D

@QueenOfHunting said: what about Ms Marvels please :D

Here's a few of Ms. Marvel's achievements
:

ZjGDx5J.png

xDmhrdc.png

Dec

Can Hawkeye do competitive DPS in the red raid?

I got Sacred White Gorilla Necklace and Lizard Formula this weekend to go with my GotK and HoD on Hawkeye, but I can't get my TTK anywhere near low enough for my supergroup to take me to the red raid. My gaming PC was out of commission for awhile so I'm really far behind on Eyes/Hearts of Demonfire and Omega Points. I know that there are only so many Demonfires you can get per day but Omega isn't gated, so I plan on farming them as best I can.

Also, I've noticed that my Venom, Moon Knight and Nova who are nowhere near as tricked out as my Hawkeye do a lot more damage and are a lot less squishy, but Hawkeye was the hero I picked back when I started right when the game came out. The first 3 items I bought with Eternity Splinters were random hero boxes and each of them had Hawkeye in them. I like him a lot, but if there is just no way to make him competitive, I guess I have no choice but to switch.

He can red raid fine. He wont ever match Venom or Moon Knight but he can more than do enough damage for reds.

What is your TTK and what is your supergroup TTK requirement?

JDMC13

He can red raid fine. He wont ever match Venom or Moon Knight but he can more than do enough damage for reds.

What is your TTK and what is your supergroup TTK requirement?

My supergroup requires sub 90 seconds. Mine is considerably more than that. I've seen a bunch of builds but they require a bunch more Omega points and full ilvl 69. I think I just gotta spend a bunch of time farming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We've been over here talking about how rad Kaine and Beta Ray Bill are going to be as their own heroes, it's awesome.

In my tea parties we talk about Nextwave playable heroes...

...:(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Human Torch is now 60. Going to just finish off Thor since he's already 51 and Rocket since he's 45. They shouldn't take too long.

E: Also, got my second Cosmic Bovine Medal. But I don't have the damn recipe. -_-

That new character by The Dink looks very good on a technical level.
Even though female Thor looks pretty damn good too (the face especially), I still dont really trust Dink with female characters (because of Sue and Psylocke), so it'll be interesting to see how the new Storm and Jean outfits turn out. Especially if one of them is a Madelyne Pryor costume.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I fell in love with Cap America again last night. I had recently got Thor, Venom, and Hulk to 60 during the holiday xp boost. I decided to go back to Cap America because when I got him to 60 I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I replaced a couple of artifacts and a Unique and wow, Cap is back!

The only bad part is that out of 5+ hours farming Midtown, I got those dumbass Boondock boots 7 times out of the chests! 7 of the same unique, wow. Not sure how "Random" things really are. Maybe MH was trying to tell me I should replace the gear I have in that slot, lol.

Anyway, I had a cosmic Slot 2 with a crapload of health regen that I replaced with one of the rare non-boot uniques I found. Man, Cap's health was taking a serious hit after that. So back to cosmic I go for that one.

KePoW

Banned
The only good part is that out of 5+ hours farming Midtown, I got those awesome Boondock boots 7 times out of the chests! 7 of the same unique, wow

whoa, yeah that's pretty darn sweet actually! that means you get a lot more chances to roll higher stats on them, that's awesome

gazele

Banned
I think achievements will get me back into this game hard

I 60'd spiderman which was really fun, but don't have much to do or pull to play right now, maybe when Hulk's review is out

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
wow, I went back to Cap as well last week or so and immediately went "lol nope" and put him back on the shelf. Could not hang at all in cosmic terminals, I found.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Between the movie, the new comic and Doomsaw virtually saying so, Ant Man has to be one of the unannounced heroes from the advance pack. 99.9% sure of it

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
wow, I went back to Cap as well last week or so and immediately went "lol nope" and put him back on the shelf. Could not hang at all in cosmic terminals, I found.

I am pro enough for Cosmic, I stop at Red Terminals, lol. But he was doing work in the Red terminals until I changed my slot 2.

Moondrop

Banned
Cap was one of my two main characters pre-review. God I loved that Quick Block.

But post-review he felt too squishy, range reliant, and with an overly cluttered rotation. Here's hoping his "mini-review" goes well.

Drayco21

Between the movie, the new comic and Doomsaw virtually saying so, Ant Man has to be one of the unannounced heroes from the advance pack. 99.9% sure of it

No doubt about that- the only question is whether it's Hank Pym or Scott Lang. I know the devs have said they want Pym, but between Scott being the movie star, Scott joining the FF, and Scott being the one to get his ongoing, I feel like we're probably going to be stuck with Lang for default, movie Ant-Man as the day one alt and a Hank Enhanced way down the line.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
1 minute after Ryolnir posting Queen is posting it her elol

regards to next event

Cosmic Chaos! :) Should be on Test Center soon.

yessss

Rhaknar

Cosmic! Time to get my Power Cosmics on, goal is 2 (for Panther and Ghost Rider), but Im going to try to farm 3 (for Gambit), I still have a few boosts left which should help

Top Bottom