• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

It's only been a few months since I stopped playing and... there's so much shit in this game. Just endless drops of mostly not useful stuff, leveling is insanely faster, more currencies, more mechanics, more boosts, more events, more synergies... I can't even imagine how new players must feel when they start this game now. Complete and utter sensory overload. I stood around in industry city for like 5 minutes and leveled 5 times just trying to sort through the items I was getting from the boxes I was getting for just standing there.

Been having a lot of issues in the hubs today. I will go there, vendors won't spawn and can't travel out. have to log out and log in to get them to work again. it made terminal runs a pain today.

That sometimes happens to me when my connection goes to shit.
I always type "/ping" once I login, so I can keep an eye on my lag level.
Im very happy if I can sit on 280-ish.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I decided to use some of my remaining G's to snag Psylocke while the sale is still active. Only played her a little bit yesterday, but enjoying it. I like the toggle you get early on that allows you to choose between going 100% mental damage, or dealing with split damage types but getting a boost to physical damage. Although I figure just going full mental synergies means full mental is probably the way to go.

Dec

I decided to use some of my remaining G's to snag Psylocke while the sale is still active. Only played her a little bit yesterday, but enjoying it. I like the toggle you get early on that allows you to choose between going 100% mental damage, or dealing with split damage types but getting a boost to physical damage. Although I figure just going full mental synergies means full mental is probably the way to go.

I think it's the other way around. Hybrid items are incredibly powerful while mental items have left something to be desired, though maybe the reworked artifacts fixed that a little.

A quick look at the ttk list... hybrid psylocke sits at 35 seconds while full mental is at 42.

Nibiru

Banned
How is the Gaf Supergroup? Is it active? I don't mean is there all sorts of raiding and stuff which is still good, I just mean are there people on regularly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How is the Gaf Supergroup? Is it active? I don't mean is there all sorts of raiding and stuff which is still good, I just mean are there people on regularly.

yes to both actually

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah man it's KePow party central 24/7 up in here.

KePoW

Banned

ROCK ANO!!

hybrid Psylocke does a little more dps if you have Power Cosmic and all the power doop items/runewords

But if you noticed, her sword only glows purple if you turn the toggle on for full Mental. So I roll with mental build to look much cooler

Nivert

I'll request an invite: Kinderfeld

I'm only 39 on my first character so far but should I be saving all the relics and artifacts and basically anything that the crafter warns you about donating?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll request an invite: Kinderfeld

I'm only 39 on my first character so far but should I be saving all the relics and artifacts and basically anything that the crafter warns you about donating?

Yes. Well not most artifacts but don't sell / donate any relic. And in fact don't sell anything just donate all the greens / blues / epics / cosmics that you don't use to the vendors to level them up (CTRL+right click to donate iirc)

Nivert

Yes. Well not most artifacts but don't sell / donate any relic. And in fact don't sell anything just donate all the greens / blues / epics / cosmics that you don't use to the vendors to level them up (CTRL+right click to donate iirc)

I was donating everything I wasn't gonna use until I saw someone say not to donate relics or uniques so I wanted to clarify about that stuff. I think my crafting is at 14 it sure takes a lot of stuff to level that up heh

Rhaknar

Reading Uncanny X-Force, Fantomex is cool, and his powers are weird enough that they could go wild with his skills in game. Has he been used much / at all since X-Force, aka is there any chance we see him in eventually?

KePoW

Banned
Reading Uncanny X-Force, Fantomex is cool, and his powers are weird enough that they could go wild with his skills in game. Has he been used much / at all since X-Force, aka is there any chance we see him in eventually?

yeah he's still around in comix

read FANTOMEX MAX if it's on unlimited

His three trees would be pretty cool. You could do dual pistols, misdirection, and then EVA.

He's been in several X-books, yeah, and he's a fairly popular newer character, but I'm not sure how high he'd be on Gaz's priority list. He'd be pretty fun though.

Fantomex is the coolest X-Men character that no one except Remender seems to be any good at writing.

There are good X writers around besides Remender? ;p

Just got back from Comiket and looking forward to playing some more MH!
I want to finally get Black Widow to 60.

Anoregon

I GUESS EVERYONE ELSE JUST NEEDS TO REMENDER HOW TO WRITE GOOD STORIES, LOL!

I started Blue prestige on Venom last night. He's my 2nd blue now, I also have surfer whom I stopped working on a while ago but need to pick up again since he's so rad. I have a fully leveled Cosmic Control Rod on him, but apparently that isn't the optimal choice so I may burn a retcon to scrap it and get yet another gung.

GManDH

I GUESS EVERYONE ELSE JUST NEEDS TO REMENDER HOW TO WRITE GOOD STORIES, LOL!

I started Blue prestige on Venom last night. He's my 2nd blue now, I also have surfer whom I stopped working on a while ago but need to pick up again since he's so rad. I have a fully leveled Cosmic Control Rod on him, but apparently that isn't the optimal choice so I may burn a retcon to scrap it and get yet another gung.

if you going to get another leg just do it when u hit 60, that way if u prestige again u already have a lvl 5 leg.

Rhaknar

Sale still up? Reading Captain Marvel is really making me want the costume now, even with the fugly mask. That and I don't like the classic one I have anyway, even with all the skin it shows :p

Drayco21

Sale's definitely still up- I just caved and finally bought Iron Man (and the Hulkbuster suit to go with him). Still sitting on 800G's, not sure how I should finish them out.

It's been really cool to see pretty much everyone wearing different costumes in the hubs this past week.

Edit: Decided to spend the G's on the Superior Enhanced, mostly to be free of the Drake Bell.

Arrh! Got my third costume dupe in a row from the Blender.
I will strongly consider buying a new costume from the store, before the sale ends, to cheer myself up. I really want that female Thor, but am too cheap to buy it - even when its on sale :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I decided to come back and start playing this now that I have a baller computer to play on. I tried a melee Gambit build, but I don't know if I like it. I have to just stand there and take damage. :|

Is there a big hero/Team-up sale going on? I'd love to finish off my roster at some point...

E: Is the Advanced Pack 2 Deluxe worth buying into? That's a LOT of new heroes when they come out.

Anoregon

I decided to come back and start playing this now that I have a baller computer to play on. I tried a melee Gambit build, but I don't know if I like it. I have to just stand there and take damage. :|

Is there a big hero/Team-up sale going on? I'd love to finish off my roster at some point...

E: Is the Advanced Pack 2 Deluxe worth buying into? That's a LOT of new heroes when they come out.

There is currently a 50% off almost everything sale going on, the only exlcusions being stuff released in December (X-23, Venom, Clea) so now is a very good time to pick up some heroes you are missing.

As for Advance pack 2, I am skipping it and am just going to pick up the heroes I want with splinters or their individual launch packs. I am absolutely getting doom, and will very likely get Winter Soldier and War Machine, but everyone else I want to wait to see how they turn out.

Also, splinters vs real money totally hinges on the alt costume. Doom for instance I will probably just get with splinters and buy his stash with G's, as I would never want to use his Future Foundation costume over the classic green. And obviously the FF costume is going to be his launch alt costume. Unless of course they do a swap like Magneto, in which case I will begrudgingly give gaz the money.

Anoregon

Also, now that I think about it for like 2 seconds, white Doom is obviously going to be the default with classic green as the alt costume. Oh well.

Moondrop

Banned
I already searched and looted everything and got all thr clues or whatever.
Can't complain since I got a very good costume from yesterdays box.
Its still a pretty boring and overused design, but I kinda dig the character after watching that video.
Thats terrible.
I think its about time I jumped back into the series.
I cant believe Dragon Age is doing so bad everywhere, its such a great game.
Whats with the seizure inducing camera? Jesus.
Get over yourself.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i changed the MOTD for the best lol

i call magneto magnatoe lol

zen74

Neo Member
Can I get a SG invite? Username is 'Zenman'. Think I finally have my Jean red-raid-ready with Phoenix node, all L66 gear, max leg, 4b, blah, blah. Ready for some tire-kicking. :)

Rhaknar

First Hawkeye, now Captain Marvel (2012 run), Spider Woman shows up in a lot of stuff. Actually surprised there hasn't been a bigger to get her in the game

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There is currently a 50% off almost everything sale going on, the only exlcusions being stuff released in December (X-23, Venom, Clea) so now is a very good time to pick up some heroes you are missing.

As for Advance pack 2, I am skipping it and am just going to pick up the heroes I want with splinters or their individual launch packs. I am absolutely getting doom, and will very likely get Winter Soldier and War Machine, but everyone else I want to wait to see how they turn out.

Also, splinters vs real money totally hinges on the alt costume. Doom for instance I will probably just get with splinters and buy his stash with G's, as I would never want to use his Future Foundation costume over the classic green. And obviously the FF costume is going to be his launch alt costume. Unless of course they do a swap like Magneto, in which case I will begrudgingly give gaz the money.

That's probably a better approach. I don't care about alternate costumes, so the deluxe may not even be worth it for me.

Regarding Team-Ups...Which are considered "most worth it" to invest in?

Top Bottom