• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Indignate

The Christmas blue/white sparkle artifact from the holiday box is better. Legit diamond sparkles for diamond Emmas.

I thought that's what we were talking about.

Wait, what was the holiday box?

I'm not sure what we're talking about anymore.

EDIT: Is it this?
969D9CA062F0B8C680D7E3F3FD0B8C70FE6DFF41

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well, that was quite a raid. Or 4/5ths of a raid. :( We needed kepow to carry us.

Surtur was definitely bugged. The portal extended way longer than it should have and kicked me to the entrance whenever it touched me, and at the end it kicked us even though we still had lives left. I also lost some medkits for some reason even though I didn't use any.

Vecks

Surtur was definitely bugged. The portal extended way longer than it should have and kicked me to the entrance whenever it touched me, and at the end it kicked us even though we still had lives left. I also lost some medkits for some reason even though I didn't use any.

Oh. Does that mean the portal group had less people than it was supposed to? I mostly stayed out of portal, so didn't notice anything strange there.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Oh. Does that mean the portal group had less people than it was supposed to? I mostly stayed out of portal, so didn't notice anything strange there.

Near the end I only saw Declarius and myself in the main Surtur area, with everyone else in the portal I think.

I thought that's what we were talking about.

Wait, what was the holiday box?

I'm not sure what we're talking about anymore.

EDIT: Is it this?

They were talking about the one where snow rises from your chararcter, not the sparkles. And yes that pic you linked is what I was talking about.

Vecks

I always thought he was saying "You haven't seen the last of Batroc, silly bear!"

But Adawg's makes a lot more sense.

New to the game. My friend is trying to rope me in so I kinda want to give this game a fair shake before making a commitment. What's the best way to start out? Heroes to consider/Avoid?

Dec

Near the end I only saw Declarius and myself in the main Surtur area, with everyone else in the portal I think.

It was either bugged or people took so long in the portals that the next one came and took more people before they finished the previous one. In this case the game should only leave 1 though, not sure why both of us got left. Makes me think something was wonky with it.

The problem was mainly damage in any case, carried some bad pugs as far as we could.

Finished cosmic prestige Thor tonight.

Vecks

New to the game. My friend is trying to rope me in so I kinda want to give this game a fair shake before making a commitment. What's the best way to start out? Heroes to consider/Avoid?

You might want to avoid heroes that haven't had their lv52 review yet. Hulk, Punisher, Cable, Deadpool, Scarlet Witch and Thing. They range from good to bad, but for the most part they are also simpler in design, or have outdated mechanics. They'll all be "fixed" by the first half of this year, so it's better to just wait on them to get fixed first unless you really like them as characters.

Aside from them, everyone has their own preferences, so you should really just try out any hero you're interested in.

In general, however, the ones I see people complain about usually are:
Black Widow, Hawkeye, Invisible Woman, Loki, Nightcrawler, and maybe Nova.

So they could be some heroes to avoid, at least for now...

I found a Phoenix Emblem tonight. They are maybe the worst emblems out there IMO. This one had + 1000 to both critical and brutal damage though. Still, I was going to leave it on the ground in the Avenger Tower, because I didnt think it was anything special. Instead I mentioned it in the trade channel and had inquiries from about half a dozen different people. In the end I ended up getting 2 GoKs and 2 Mental Focus Headbands for it. I never dreamed I'd get something like those items for a Phoenix emblem, even though I know how obsessed some people are with stacking crit and brutal damage.

Vecks

I found a Phoenix Emblem tonight. They are maybe the worst emblems out there IMO. This one had + 1000 to both critical and brutal damage though. Still, I was going to leave it on the ground in the Avenger Tower, because I didnt think it was anything special. Instead I mentioned it in the trade channel and had inquiries from about half a dozen different people. In the end I ended up getting 2 GoKs and 2 Mental Focus Headbands for it. I never dreamed I'd get something like those items for a Phoenix emblem, even though I know how obsessed some people are with stacking crit and brutal damage.

Getting a good insignia seems impossible to me, so I imagine people will be desperate for something with such good rolls. Well, it's not like the aura's stack anyway, so for most group content, like raids, perhaps they think they can rely on other people for the better insig effects.

Hereafter

Yeah the aura doesn't matter it's the rolls.

I would've saved the insignia though. It's probably going to be worth twice that in the future.

Drayco21

Something about that Hawkguy looks really... off. I dunno. Still, it's about time he got it- just in time for that book to be canceled.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Something about that Hawkguy looks really... off. I dunno. Still, it's about time he got it- just in time for that book to be canceled.

shut your filthy
accurate
mouth >_<

Drayco21

shut your filthy
accurate
mouth >_<

All will be well, Lemire is a better writer than Fraction, and the run of Green Arrow he came off of to take over Hawkeye was already leagues better than the Hawkguy book.

OT: I think what's throwing me is seeing Aja's art rendered without Aja's style, and the fact that I'd rather see the shirt with the small purple logo on it or the white shirt with a bullseye. Probably that first thing more than anything else, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So, I'm basically a noob to the game and have a few questions. I played when it first launched but found it real rough and only recently came back to play due to my brother starting it. He's been helping me with some stuff, but he hasn't been playing much longer than me, and I've tried to fill out the rest with guides online.

I currently have a level 30 Thing. Nothing else is really 'leveled.' I've been throwing every unique, crafting mat, relic, and runes into my storage and no longer have any room on the default tab. What is some stuff to get rid of? Should I craft up all my reagents and just vendor the remainders that aren't at my level? I know I can level the uniques up later on for my alts. And is there really no other place to put costumes?

Vecks

So, I'm basically a noob to the game and have a few questions. I played when it first launched but found it real rough and only recently came back to play due to my brother starting it. He's been helping me with some stuff, but he hasn't been playing much longer than me, and I've tried to fill out the rest with guides online.

I currently have a level 30 Thing. Nothing else is really 'leveled.' I've been throwing every unique, crafting mat, relic, and runes into my storage and no longer have any room on the default tab. What is some stuff to get rid of? Should I craft up all my reagents and just vendor the remainders that aren't at my level? I know I can level the uniques up later on for my alts. And is there really no other place to put costumes?

Get rid of the normal crafting mats. They drop a lot. The only ones you'll need to save are unstable molecules. Most runes you won't need to save. Just save the rarer ones (typically the ones that can be sold for more than 400 credits) and the ones you plan on using soonish. Uniques you should save, but if you are really hurting for space you can use them to feed pets. It's usually pointless to level up uniques, because during certain events, and by raiding, you'll get a ton of lv60 uniques, and it'll be easier to see which has the better roll, since rolls scale with level. Relics should just be equipped if possible, if you have like 9 or 10 characters, since each one can stack up to 1000 and can be equipped at the low level of 20. Kakaranathara and Skrullos relics, however, are generally not very useful, so you can skip out on those until you have space for them.

And don't sell your junk either. Donate them to the crafter and enchanter to rank them up.

And in case you didn't know, you also have extra storage on the team-up window, so use that for now as well.

You can only store costumes in your inventory/STASH tabs/team-up inventory.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
4th Power Cosmic in 3 days, I dont think I have it in me to get the 5th I need, its not like the event isnt coming back in a few weeks. The one from today was a toss up between Rogue and Widow, I gave it to Rogue, I dont use either anyway, maybe one day I will. I got the 3 I really wanted (Panther, Gambit, Rider) so im happy

also have enough marks for 2 legendaries, counting the one for Winter soldier that leaves one for one of my lesser used dudes... thinking one for Cap, since his QoL is coming. Right now I would get a mkraan because he's horrible with spirit in my experience, but I think ill wait for the QoL

but for now, 31 down, 12 to go, #soon

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I'm gonna settle on 3 power cosmic before taskmaster farming destroys my life. Ghost Rider, Thor, and Rogue.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh god I just noticed he got a ban, wtf did that silly bastard do!?

Drayco21

Oh god I just noticed he got a ban, wtf did that silly bastard do!?

He decided to be KePow about politics in the Austin Wintory thread, I think that's what did him in. Hopefully it's not perma- what is Marvel Heroes gaf without someone asking if Doomsaw was the guy with a blood feud with the Diablo 3 guy every couple pages and encouraging people to play Thing?

Vecks

He decided to be KePow about politics in the Austin Wintory thread, I think that's what did him in. Hopefully it's not perma- what is Marvel Heroes gaf without someone asking if Doomsaw was the guy with a blood feud with the Diablo 3 guy every couple pages and encouraging people to play Thing?

Yeah, it's not going to be the same without him. Someone will have to take up the mantle.

Top Bottom