• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
Oh, hey, Captain America buff review (it's how I call these "QoL changes" in my head) is coming soon-ish. I'm halfway through his blue prestige right now, maybe I'll wait for the review to keep prestiging him after hitting 60.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cap deserves good review, hopefuly they deliver. He's so sluggish and slooooooooooooow right now, eh...

he's had his review, this will be QoL stuff like Psylocke or Ghost Rider got recently

This is more like a re-review. He's getting new attacks, animations, and power change ups. QoL should only refer to things that are actually quality of life changes (even Gaz are changing what terms they use), like Emma's attacks made to be able to break objects.

Speaking of, anyone remember those days for Emma? You had to spec into Diamond attacks just to get through story mode, back when that was the only viable way to level. Man, those early days...

Xevren

This is more like a re-review. He's getting new attacks, animations, and power change ups. QoL should only refer to things that are actually quality of life changes (even Gaz are changing what terms they use), like Emma's attacks made to be able to break objects.

Speaking of, anyone remember those days for Emma? You had to spec into Diamond attacks just to get through story mode, back when that was the only viable way to level. Man, those early days...

Pfft, those weren't early days man! Early days were being forced to do Limbo to level, and it was shit.

Pfft, those weren't early days man! Early days were being forced to do Limbo to level, and it was shit.

If your computer (or your patience) could even handle Limbo! I leveled through terminals from 30 to 50, after which Midtown was finally introduced, where I crawled through the last 10 levels. Two whole months/about 200 hours to get my first 60. Yep.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kaine will be a Wolverine costume

:3

Drayco21

Kaine will be a Wolverine costume

:3

Yf1w2lp.png

New pet? New pet!

Ghmb.jpg

Yeah! Especially considering no real Marvel promo event at the moment, unless it's tied to Spider-Verse, or Axis. Axis might have some potential for an event. Especially as they've just added the One Shot, and the Axis Raid is coming.

Except for Guardians of the Galaxy, have they ever tied in with an event? it seemed like they were going to tie in to Spider-verse but that came and went and we still haven't gotten anything unless you are an advance pack owner

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
[
Except for Guardians of the Galaxy, have they ever tied in with an event? it seemed like they were going to tie in to Spider-verse but that came and went and we still haven't gotten anything unless you are an advance pack owner

Planet X Bark was guardians-centric

So for Marvel Heroes 2017's launch?

Yeah don't expect it for a while. I mean, let's take a gander at their track record of promises.

What they promised and delivered on:

- Industry City Patrol
- Omega System
- Muspelheim

What they didn't deliver on:

- Chapter 10 (was supposed to be out in fall 2014)
- Raid 2 (fall 2014)
- Endless dungeon mode/Danger Room (December 2014)
- Achievements (in time for first anniversary LOL)
- Spider-Verse "interesting tie-in plans"
- PvP exiting beta with rewards/leaderboards/announcer added (this was going to happen soon after red raids were released)

What they delivered on late:

- Bronx Zoo was supposed to be part of Chapter 2 in the story back in late 2013, and it ended up being released as a One-Shot in the middle of 2014.
- Stark Tech, no Pet-Tech, I mean Cybernetics was planned for Oct. 2013, ended up being released in the middle of 2014 also.
- Nova

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I give Gaz credit though. They're a LOT more open than pretty much any other MMO developers. I come from WoW and my brother comes from SWTOR and we were kind of taken back by it.

Rhaknar

I give Gaz credit though. They're a LOT more open than pretty much any other MMO developers. I come from WoW and my brother comes from SWTOR and we were kind of taken back by it.

most of us would argue they are TOO open

Xevren

I have nothing but love for Gaz and how they communicate with everyone. Especially after going and playing other games lately where you hear nothing at all, shit sucks.

most of us would argue they are TOO open

I wouldn't say they are too open. Some of the devs might take things a little too personally on the forums, for sure. The devs might respond to player complaints/issues a little overhandedly on occasion; or they might show off early versions of content which is promised and not delivered exactly on time, (see Frost's post) but for the most part, being open is pretty awesome. I've never felt nickle-and-dimed by them, or unfairly treated as a player. I like knowing that they have good or great ideas for the future.

I can't think of many developers that are more deserving of their patrons' respect. All you have to do is look on the front page of gaming these days to see how bad developers have gotten, how much they try to diminish their games to make more money through early access, DLC, etc. Gaz has always intended to deliver what they promise, and they typically make up for it when they can't through various player gifts, and by being open with the player base.

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-marvel-universe-is-ending.html
Whoa, this is pretty huge. I wonder how much it will impact the game.

Ha, it'll probably all revert back to the regular universe after a year, just like all "earth-shattering" cross-brand events.

Drayco21

That's the most ridiculous title ever. It is in no way, shape, or form "ending." They're just going to bring in some elements from the Ultimate Universe. If anything it's getting denser, not ending.

Gotta chase those headlines. Need muh clicks.

I'm sure it'll lead to some awesome costumes- Lady Thor, Uncle Sam and Superior Iron Man out in time for Battleworld has to be inevitable, and some cool alt-universe enhanced might get made out of it. I'm sure there are plans for a Raid/One-Shot- whether it gets done like Axis or shelved like Spider-Verse will remain to be seen.

Drayco21

'Sale on Ultimate costumes'

There you go. And maybe they'll announce Miles skin for Spidey. That's it.

They've mentioned before that Miles isn't already a costume because he has different powers and they want him to be his own character.

Maybe a 200ES Miles surprise hero released around Secret Wars time?

Rhaknar

They've mentioned before that Miles isn't already a costume because he has different powers and they want him to be his own character.

whats different about Miles?

Drayco21

whats different about Miles?

He has a magical "Venom Blast" that's like a green falcon punch and it instantly wins every fight, and he can turn invisible. He's not as different as Kaine or Venom or even Anya, but about on-par with Miguel, and more different than Ben Reilly, in terms of how he relates to Spider-Man himself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, but I mean Anti-Venom isn't exactly the same as Venom yet they just made him a costume. And not even an Enhanced one.

Drayco21

Yeah, but I mean Anti-Venom isn't exactly the same as Venom yet they just made him a costume. And not even an Enhanced one.

They seem really weirdly inconsistent about what qualifies as costume material versus character material. They've said they want Miles to be his own character because he's too different from Spider-Man, but Kaine was considered for a Spidey Enhanced and Flash was considered for a Venom enhanced?

I love this idea but what other costumes does Miles have? Could they make different enough costumes for him based on his comics so far?

If not it seems like they avoid making him playable and not just a costume.

Just have Miles as a costume and make him turn invisible when using Agile Attack and change Spider-Brawl to Venom Blast (with some extra effects if need be) and give it a chance to stun. Done.

They have yet to make Spidey all that interesting of a character himself, how would they make another version of him different but still worth playing? Also how many costumes does Miles even have? I've only seen one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Well, venom, anti-venom, and toxin are all just Eddie, which makes sense to have them as non-enhanced costumes. You can sort of think of "Venom" as just Eddie Brock, and any symbiote he used being a non-enhanced costume.

I don't think there has ever been an example of an enhanced costume being the same actual character as the non-enhanced, which is sort of the point. They are all gender swaps and/or different individuals, with I guess the exception being movie Rocket. I could see Mac Gargan being an ehanced Venom costume, but I am not sure Gaz will go that route as he has just about as much hero viability as Carnage.

Rhaknar

Well, venom, anti-venom, and toxin are all just Eddie, which makes sense to have them as non-enhanced costumes. You can sort of think of "Venom" as just Eddie Brock, and any symbiote he used being a non-enhanced costume.

I don't think there has ever been an example of an enhanced costume being the same actual character as the non-enhanced, which is sort of the point. They are all gender swaps and/or different individuals, with I guess the exception being movie Rocket. I could see Mac Gargan being an ehanced Venom costume, but I am not sure Gaz will go that route as he has just about as much hero viability as Carnage.

exclusive footage of Drayco reading this post:

Rage.gif

http://www.newsarama.com/23276-the-marvel-universe-is-ending.html
Whoa, this is pretty huge. I wonder how much it will impact the game.

From what I understand, this new universe will be basically what Marvel/Disney has the movie and or TV rights to. its to make it clear in order to avoid Fox from stealing plot lines and characters they create in the books. It probably won't impact the game that much as its been Marvel's unofficial agenda for awhile and the game isn't story based. Its mostly settings.

That's the most ridiculous title ever. It is in no way, shape, or form "ending." They're just going to bring in some elements from the Ultimate Universe. If anything it's getting denser, not ending.

Its ending as far as what Fox can use.

Symbiote Spider-Man is just Peter. Superior Iron Man will still be Tony.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its basically we are merging everything together to make things more bat shit insane

Rhaknar

From what I understand, this new universe will be basically what Marvel/Disney has the movie and or TV rights to. its to make it clear in order to avoid Fox from stealing plot lines and characters they create in the books. It probably won't impact the game that much as its been Marvel's unofficial agenda for awhile and the game isn't story based. Its mostly settings.

dude this has nothing to do with Fox, nor has there been any indication that fox stuff wont be around after. you think they are going to get rid of the 378 x-men books they release monthly?

Unfortunately that's not how contracts work.

Top Bottom