• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Had all night to play last night, so I popped a heap of boosts and took my Hulk to Taskmaster Cosmic all night long.

175 Omegas.

This event <3

Finally hit the 3000 mark, which felt good. I can definitely see how people playing all the time and utilising boosts have hit the cap long ago.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't like reboots. Not even soft reboots like this one. I don't even care about consistent continuity, but I like to believe that what happened happened goddamn it.

Still salty about brand new day.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
4 days now around 7 hours each farming mandarin and still no Zola. countless bless of odins, countless loki runes and every other rune bar zod. willl today be day lol

watched both hobbit films and all 3 lord of the rings in that time too lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Symbiote Spider-Man is just Peter. Superior Iron Man will still be Tony.

Does symbiote spiderman count as enhanced? Back in Black spidey uses the same voice and it isn't enhanced.

4 days now around 7 hours each farming mandarin and still no Zola. countless bless of odins, countless loki runes and every other rune bar zod. willl today be day lol

watched both hobbit films and all 3 lord of the rings in that time too lol

How often do you find you get Odin Blessings?
I've had the Winter Boost and Odin Potions running for the entirety of Omega and I've only had my first blessing last night. Must be about 1 in 5 hours odd now.

How often do you find you get Odin Blessings?
I've had the Winter Boost and Odin Potions running for the entirety of Omega and I've only had my first blessing last night. Must be about 1 in 5 hours odd now.

I think I've gotten only one from the 4 or 5 odin's potions I've used. They're pretty rare but some people get lucky. Next time I get one of those pots I'll probably just chain cosmics and see what happens.

So as the title says, I was questing in the Industry area and Hood, Taskmaster, Laser and Kingpin popped up. Me and the surrounding heroes take them all down and last but not least was Kingpin.

Fisk falls down and takes his dirt nap like usual but instead of his body a skrull is on the ground!

They've said that a new event is happening after Omega this week. Could it be Secret Invasion is coming to Marvel Heroes?

There have also been some images of skrulls in new looking areas shown on this site.

Ryolnir said:
It is definitely coming...

Now THAT sounds pretty cool! I guess they have been hinting at it ever since Professor X mentions Kingpin being a Skrull in X-Defense, but it's a nice little easter egg for sure, especially if this is the forthcoming event.

Sblargh

Banned
Man, I thought I was a Captain America fan, but people are going nuts on the official forums over his items.

Basically, people are in this insane discussion if his slot 5 BiS should always be his shield, because it's captain america's shield and, c'mon, a gear is just a bunch of stats. It's not like having another unique there is going to take away the shield on gameplay.

And they all know that. I don't get why people arbitrarily start to demand certain things. It's like they believe Iron Man is actually flying around with a hot dog cart around.

Dec

Man, I thought I was a Captain America fan, but people are going nuts on the official forums over his items.

Well this will be the 3rd attempt to rework him into something good so cap fans are seizing the opportunity to ensure it works this time I think.

Sblargh

Banned
New items or current?

New.

Well this will be the 3rd attempt to rework him into something good so cap fans are seizing the opportunity to ensure it works this time I think.

Yeah, but they're not discussing what the item should do or what kind of stats it should have, they are going nuts over this

=> obvioulsy the majority wants his shield to be bis... - Please don't do anything wrong here!

And of course his uniques need to be good and viable, but to demand an item to be the best in slot because it is iconic to the character is... I don't know, it's just nuts. His uniques should be good, very good, like everyone's uniques, but not amazingly OP because it would hurt my feelings to remove it from my inventory.

Dec

No the discussion was about making the badoon soldier's basic weapon beat his shield for basic builds. This was the conversation, no other any hero uniques.

You're also reading too much into it because it is amthua's job to make a heroes uniques useful to the hero. He has been going through one by one revisiting the heroes that use any hero uniques over their own in multiple slots in a minmaxed build.

Even in cases where heroes have really good slot 1s they can be beaten by a Dragonfang, this is very possible even with cap's shield after the rework, there are good any hero uniques. The conversation was specific to the badoon soldier basic weapon and you are quoting out of context.

Sblargh

Banned
No the discussion was about making the badoon soldier's basic weapon beat his shield for basic builds. This was the conversation, no other any hero uniques.

You're also reading too much into it because it is amthua's job to make a heroes uniques useful to the hero. He has been going through one by one revisiting the heroes that use any hero uniques over their own in multiple slots in a minmaxed build.

Even in cases where heroes have really good slot 1s they can be beaten by a Dragonfang, this is very possible even with cap's shield after the rework, there are good any hero uniques. The conversation was specific to the badoon soldier basic weapon and you are quoting out of context.

Yeah, but then people are arguing that the shield should be better than the basic weapon because it is iconic. And people are posting pics that show how captain america really loves his shield and other are posting pics that show how captain america is much more than his shield.

Nobody is saying that his shield should buff his basic attacks, they're discussing how integral it is to the character like they are talking about the visuals or the power tree.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've managed to get all my omega files every day so far. It's still gonna take me two more omega events to snag coulson, but I'm at least at a decent start now instead of sitting at like 190.

Bladelaw

Are any of the uniques in the blue box especially good?

Nisanti Boots, Mask of Xorn, Pelt of the Sacred White Gorilla, Cobra Hood, Spear of the Gorilla Tribe, and Helm of Doom are all exceptional.

If it's bad odds are good it'll get buffed eventually. If you have Coulson I'd grab boxes.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm like, 60 omega thingies away from Coulson. I could log in right now and get it, but... but... there are days, man, I just can't look at this game. :p

Overdose, I guess.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i expect shit loads of info this friday

you guys better report back ill be working :D

Amazing people! I hope you save this date because you won't want to miss out on our Twitch livestream with @Ryolnir* and @MichaelMayhem*. They'll be going live this Friday, January 23rd from 4-5PM PST. This will be our first 2015 stream, and we'd love to see you all there.

As usual, I'll be lurking in chat with Moobot. But you'll want to periodically check your Twitch inbox, because if you follow our stream you might find that Moobot's magic hat pulled your name and gave you a code for in-game goodies :D As always, be respectful in chat, otherwise Moobot will get angry and drop the moo-hammer.

See you all there ;) -Meow

Anoregon

Ant-man seems a pretty heavy favorite as far as expectations go, but there the other can be who knows what. Kaine would definitely surprise me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir confirmed on reddit yesterday that one of the heroes isnt wasp.

im betting super skrull that comes out with the chapter 10

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ant-man seems a pretty heavy favorite as far as expectations go, but there the other can be who knows what. Kaine would definitely surprise me.

shhh dont indulge the crazy person, let him rant and throw his feces at the passing people

Anoregon

That would be cool. I'm half expecting them to already have Super Skrull 3/4 ready to go and just waiting for Thing's review to finalize that part of his power set.

Drayco21

shhh dont indulge the crazy person, let him rant and throw his feces at the passing people

Aracely_swear_jar.jpg

The dream will never die, your attempts to deter me with reality only make me stronger.

LuuKyK

Its pretty obvious the character they are going to reveal is Elektra.

:(

How are they even going to make her playable? I dont know much about the character but is she always as small as the team-up? If yes, its going to be hard to find a way to make her have decent gameplay mechanics. No?

Indignate

I couldn't remember if it was the question mark before or after the exclamation.

Is he shouting a question or is it a question that he's shouting?

Had two Odin Blessings last night, within about 10 minutes of one-another. Pleasant change after my one in about 5 hours prior haha..

Though all of the uniques rolled Intelligence Challenge boost on them.. smh.. Useless on my Venom but anyway.

Got a Cobra Hood last night from my Blue Box. Also got my first ever (drop) Hand of Nimrod while running MM for the dailies.

Wish they'd run the last days of Omega over the weekend or something. I hate only getting an hour or two each night during the week, seems such a waste!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all! Here's the deets on the new event. There are still a few more surprises in store, but here's what you need to know for testing:

The Bovine Sector Portal on Adam Warlock is temporarily 45 Eternity Splinters, a discount of 30%, and the Bovineheim portal is temporarily 100 Eternity Splinters, a discount of 50%!
Defeat waves of Bovine in Industry City Patrol!
Loot in the Classified Bovine Sector and Bovineheim has been buffed! Additionally, new region-specific Uniques can be found in both Bovine levels. Feel free to give feedback on the general droprates in these zones.
Bosses and mobs have a chance to drop portals to the Confidential Bovine Sector and Bovineheim!
Current Issues

Bosses in all areas of the game should be able to roll an affix that makes them summon cows. Watch out for this tomorrow!

patch is confirmed friday by ryolnir too

Probably put a bit into the event (especially if that cow pet is earned in there somewhere), but doesn't sound like it's going to be crazy unmissable.

Maybe there's something else cool going by that post from Ryolnir though.

Holy shit inclusion of Hayer might convince me to actually pay real monies for Bucky.

Not even a huge fan of the character, and was planning to get him with splinters eventually...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Team-Up System Revamp: Part 1!

As you may have heard, we have exciting renovations planned for the Team-Up System early this year, and they are fast approaching! Over the next few days, we’ll be talking about various changes to the system, leading up to a big announcement for Team-Ups and a nice, fancy dev blog covering this and more. And yes, that big announcement includes some pretty awesome Team-Ups coming in 2015.

CUSTOMIZATION
To get there, we’ve expanded the power trees of Team-Ups as well as their customization options and created a whole new means of progression wherein a Team-Up hero earns experience alongside you. A Team-Up can now level up to 60, earning new powers as they progress, as well as Power Points. Power Points can be spent, just like a playable hero, allowing you to make your favorite Team-Up feel more like the hero you’d like them to be.

For instance, Beta Ray Bill’s Lightning Barrage ability unlocks at level 15, where he summons lightning from the sky to blast nearby enemies. If you use him as a permanent ally, you may want to put points into this as a solid AOE to clear out weaker enemies, but it also acts as a requisite for another power: Lightning Support. When Beta Ray Bill unlocks Lightning Support at level 36, you can assign ranks to it, allowing him to enter the fight and cast Lightning Barrage while he is ‘away’, with each rank giving a bonus to the proc chance of the power. The damage of Lightning Support is affected by the ranks in its prerequisite, Lightning Barrage. Further down the power tree, at level 54, you can opt to place points into Scorched Earth, allowing both Lightning Support and Lightning Barrage to leave damaging lightning-scorched spots on the ground with each lightning strike!

The end result is that a Team-Up’s progression and choices matter, but you are not locked into any build by how you choose to use your Team-Up (permanent ally, burst damage or away). Team-Ups receive fewer Power Points than players, but each power requires fewer points, accordingly. You should make your choices carefully, with many powers impacting others. In addition, every Team-Up now has a single dedicated Signature power, similar to a hero’s Ultimate Power. How you level those is a bit different, but we’re not ready to talk about that just yet.

BUT WHAT ABOUT?
So the biggest question that is bound to come from these changes is: what about Team-Up survivability? You should stay tuned for that.

Top Bottom