• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
Holy shit, wha? Full power trees to team-ups? Godamn, Gaz, nice one. I'm actually impressed. I'm actually thinking "oh, you didn't need to go through all the trouble, you're too nice to us"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Going to hold out to see what they do with survivability. Team Ups will live or die through how they handle that.

This. How easily they die is one of the travesties I hate in the game. I know I'm in the minority here but they shouldn't even have passive mode, they are called fucking team ups, not "dps passives"

Drayco21

This. How easily they die is one of the travesties I hate in the game. I know I'm in the minority here but they shouldn't even have passive mode, they are called fucking team ups, not "dps passives"

I agree- the idea of having them serve as a passive only attachment is really weird, and feels more like a poor decision in Gaz' design. Interested to see how extensive this rework is and how it changes them.

At least all those team-ups will be that much closer to full characters now that they're being given more fleshed out power trees.

Team-Up System Revamp: Part 1!

WOW.

Freakin' brilliant.

Glad they're actually going to become a proper part of the game play experience. I've always hated the fact that you often benefit more by having your team-up away (or it would be pointless having them out in anything above Red Terms due to survivability), so it sounds like they might be working more for us soon.

EDIT: Should have read the next page.

As this is exactly my point.

Sblargh

Banned

I don't think you are in the minority. I mean, passives are good and all, but when you buy a team-up, it sucks a lot to know you will barely see him.

My only fear is crowding a raid too much. 10 people with their 10 team-ups. Well, it's not like you need to ever target allies, but visually, the game already is a clusterfuck, will it become clusterfuckerer?

I don't think you are in the minority. I mean, passives are good and all, but when you buy a team-up, it sucks a lot to know you will barely see him.

My only fear is crowding a raid too much. 10 people with their 10 team-ups. Well, it's not like you need to ever target allies, but visually, the game already is a clusterfuck, will it become clusterfuckerer?

Can't get any worse than it is under all the explosions and Dr. Strange spells.

Indignate

Emma needs to target her pet because of stupid reasons.

Got my first ever Zola drop from Mandy tonight. It probably took me 7 - 8-ish hours of boss rushing him to get it.
I think I'll save it for Punisher. I'd have him on red prestige by now, if I wasnt waiting for his upcoming review.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

another +1 for this. It sucks how easily they die and it sucks that they were designed to be more useful in passive mode.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im guessing the log in reward Saturday will be that cow pet shown

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pumped for the team-up revamp. Coming from how awesome you could make your hireling in D2, the current state of team-ups is a bit of a disappointment.

I don't just want passive buffs! I want a bro to smash stuff with me!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nice. I probably won't be able to get all 100 files today, but I'll at least log in and do the 5 holo sims levels (or 10 if that's today's shared, which I guess it should be since x-def was yesterday.)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Pumped for the team-up revamp. Coming from how awesome you could make your hireling in D2, the current state of team-ups is a bit of a disappointment.

I don't just want passive buffs! I want a bro to smash stuff with me!

I wonder if changes are aimed at improving solo play.

BTW, can I get an invite to the SG? username is the same as here.

I wouldn't be surprised if team-up prices increased since they'll have more work put into them.

Also that pic of Spider-Gwen She's so coming in the next batch of team-ups.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't they will ever increase the price of something already on the store. People would get up in arms (and rightly so) because it clearly punishes newer players.

Indignate

I don't they will ever increase the price of something already on the store. People would get up in arms (and rightly so) because it clearly punishes newer players.

They already have, haven't they?

Wasn't She-Hulk increased in price about a week after? Or was that only her splinter cost?

They already have, haven't they?

Wasn't She-Hulk increased in price about a week after? Or was that only her splinter cost?

That situation was just a mistake. And plus, Team Ups already cost more than they deserve to (they're on par with heroes), so there's no need for an increase.

LuuKyK

I will never understand the pricing on Team Ups. Its the most stupid thing in the game after costumes exclusive to potions with random drops.

I don't see them increasing the price of current ones out there just maybe new ones.

That said I agree that they are too expensive as they are, I personally have never bought a team-up and don't intend to, I'll just get by with the free ones they give out.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I like to have my teamup heroes out full time instead of passive so I really need those changes in my life.

Vecks

Got my first ever Zola drop from Mandy tonight. It probably took me 7 - 8-ish hours of boss rushing him to get it.
I think I'll save it for Punisher. I'd have him on red prestige by now, if I wasnt waiting for his upcoming review.

Congrats. Is that 7-8 hours all during this event? With the cosmic drop rate doubled, I thought it wouldn't be that bad.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Doomsaw

There are a few new variant costumes associated with achievements right at launch and several others will probably be added each year. (Also a few pet variations)

For "open ended" achievements, we wouldn't do "Collect ALL the heroes", we would do something like, "Collect these specific heroes" or "Collect X heroes".

Also, to keep things player friendly, if an achievement is completed, it will still be considered completed, even when more content is added to the game that alters the achievement.

Yeah, a few achievement will definitely already be completed (get a hero to level 60, own Deadpool's uniques, etc.) and many achievements will start counting when the system launches (Kill Dr. Doom in X time, defeat Magneto in X-Defense, etc.)

They will likely be live by March 1st, but we still have a lot more testing to do. The back end of the achievement system is an entirely new system with an entirely new development interface, so it has been a big project.

We definitely will be using it for years to come and adding achievement for new zones, new chapters, new game modes, new heroes/team-ups, new item types and holiday/special events.

We would love to do Steam achievement and will probably do them some day, although that's a different system entirely.

Drayco21

I wonder if they're keeping the PvP achievements from a while back. I remember there was one for playing as Cyclops and defeating Wolverine in PVP x number of times or something like that- I hope not. I don't think I ever touched the PVP, somehow still got the quest for it completed in spite of that, and haven't thought about it since- does anyone actually play the PVP?

Almost 300 Omega points last night. This event man, this event.

Got two Odin Blessings last night. Three challenge bonuses total. +1 speed, +1 speed and +1 intelligence. On Venom. Why you hate me, Odin?

EDIT: Welcome back KePoW.

Uh... lol?

Log in this Saturday for an extremely special event never before seen in Marvel Heroes 2015. From 8-10 AM and 3-7 PM PST Saturday the 24th, David Brevik himself will be playing AS the Cow King! Don't miss it as he will be able to group with players, drop rewards, grant special buffs and more!

Top Bottom