• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

David Brevik said on stream next month they will add an option to stop uniques showing in chat achievements use same system aswell he said

Doomsaw already said it should be coming with the Iceman patch and that in next week's build they're going to disable the notifications altogether until the option gets implemented.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
midtown is on tc so is winter and cap and insignia

brevik said theres alot of back end stuff coming up on tc n why its so big. said the launcher is changing soon too

its 2.7gb

All discoveries have been rebuilt. From a gameplay perspective, this should feel the same, although there is more variation in what NPCs do, say and look like!

Ambushes now have discoveries built into them. Like the AIM discovery where enemies appear when you approach only instead of automatically spawning and firing at you, there is a bit of flavor to each ambush which also allows the play to somewhat control when they spawn.

New side bosses! Similar to Mr. Hyde, Kirigi and Batroc in Industry City Patrol, there are new bosses that will spawn as 'side events'. The list is: Black Cat, Man-Ape and Mole Man.

Boss spawns now have a flavor or discovery component. Magneto may be attacking civillians, Doc Ock may be interviewing candidates for the Intelligencia, etc.

Some mob groups have been removed. We want to know if you feel any Legendaries were adversely affected by this.

Population spawners has been tweaked. Again, let us know how it feels.

Performance should be improved! The restructuring allows us to use methods of creating these entities that is less intensive to both the server and client. Let us know how it feels.

Q5aFvHW.jpg

Got to party with Brevik for a few minutes. This was right before servers went down because of the massive numbers in Midtown. I did get a really awesomely rolled insignia from one of his boxes, so I'm very happy.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Achievements should be on tc this week or first week of feb, accroding to brevik woooo

Vecks

Got to party with Brevik for a few minutes. This was right before servers went down because of the massive numbers in Midtown. I did get a really awesomely rolled insignia from one of his boxes, so I'm very happy.

Huh. Did he join an SG or is that an SG for devs? If it's the latter...
XD

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
fuck sake took pics but cant find them anywhere on computer

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
x 23 changes on tc

Changes

Bleed effects have been restructured to no longer require points in Cleaving Claws. Each source of bleed now fuels its own damage with ranks in its own power. Bleed effects still stack up to 3 times with any application methods, which are now referred to as 'Grievous Wounds' effects.

Dancing Blades has been altered to move directly behind a target if you have a target under your mouse cursor, and now allows the hotkey to be held for repeat activations. This will allow the power to be smoother to use against single targets, while keeping its functionality similar when used with no target under the mouse cursor

Lethal and Cleaving Claws now both restore 75 Wrath per hit.

Capoeira Wrath cost reduced to 50.

Rogue's version of Crimson Sweep now applies Vulnerability, to more accurately mimic X-23's.

Twirling Lunge now restores all of its base Wrath cost if you hit an enemy.

Vecks

Bleed effects have been restructured to no longer require points in Cleaving Claws. Each source of bleed now fuels its own damage with ranks in its own power. Bleed effects still stack up to 3 times with any application methods, which are now referred to as 'Grievous Wounds' effects.

Dancing Blades has been altered to move directly behind a target if you have a target under your mouse cursor, and now allows the hotkey to be held for repeat activations. This will allow the power to be smoother to use against single targets, while keeping its functionality similar when used with no target under the mouse cursor

Sounds like some pretty good improvements. The change to cleaving claws should free up a lot of points. Gonna have to try out Dancing blades to see how it feels, cause moving behind the target sounds kind of strange to me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just watching a stream of thejunglequeen from few days ago. brevik said they are thinking about doing a insurance sorta thing maybe with achievements is one way of doing it or just where you get a token. an example was if after 200 runs you dont have a gem of kurse you get a "token" to get one. he said theres a few ways to do it and achievements could be one way.

GManDH

just watching a stream of thejunglequeen from few days ago. brevik said they are thinking about doing a insurance sorta thing maybe with achievements is one way of doing it or just where you get a token. an example was if after 200 runs you dont have a gem of kurse you get a "token" to get one. he said theres a few ways to do it and achievements could be one way.

WOW if thats the case ill be doing 200 runs a day. a good player can do 1 run in 2-3mins so it shouldnt take long to do 200 runs.

Gothos

FUCK. YES. Decided to do a couple of full bounty runs on Kurse this morning and on my 5th or 6th run Gem of the Kurse dropped :D Fantastic start to the day :D It's my second one, so no more swapping it between heroes and I can now decide on my 2nd main hero, woohooo!

Which 1s for Rocket? I'm guessing yellow?

Are you running a summoner or gunner build?

Based on the levels you seem to be late 20s early 30s so I'd go with the Chitauri Turret and Cosmic Starfall Pistol.

That said at that low level your gear isn't that important. It won't be too long until you get something better.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Are you running a summoner or gunner build?

Based on the levels you seem to be late 20s early 30s so I'd go with the Chitauri Turret and Cosmic Starfall Pistol.

That said at that low level your gear isn't that important. It won't be too long until you get something better.

I'd say summoner, thanks though.

Whats the most fun character on the game in peoples opinions? got 250g, gonna buy some more and buy a hero

I'd say summoner, thanks though.

Whats the most fun character on the game in peoples opinions? got 250g, gonna buy some more and buy a hero

That's highly dependent on your playstyle.

Personally I'd go with Black Panther. I run a move/attack speed build with him and find it a lot of fun.

Psylocke, X-23 and Cyclops wouldn't be far behind.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
some Ui changes on tc. charge of skils bar has changed looks eh different i guess.

otWU9KX.jpg

Lashley

That's highly dependent on your playstyle.

Personally I'd go with Black Panther. I run a move/attack speed build with him and find it a lot of fun.

Psylocke, X-23 and Cyclops wouldn't be far behind.

might get cyclops for that xp synergy

loving nightcrawler atm

some Ui changes on tc. charge of skils bar has changed looks eh different i guess.

Pretty sure the confirm box looks a bit different as well. Not a huge change though.

might get cyclops for that xp synergy

loving nightcrawler atm

Nightcrawler is also a lot fun but he's not that powerful. If that doesn't bother you then he's a good shout as well.

Congrats on the random box as well, Surfer is a good grab.

Lashley

Got 400 splinters, don't know whether to get somebody or save up 200 more for Deadpool/Spidey/Ghost Rider?

Also, why can't I open my Midtown Madness gift box?

Got 400 splinters, don't know whether to get somebody or save up 200 more for Deadpool/Spidey/Ghost Rider?

Also, why can't I open my Midtown Madness gift box?

I would get Juggernaut if you don't have him already. Don't bother with Spidey or Deadpool for now. And check the level requirement for your midtown box, you're probably just too low for it.

Gothos

Yup, out of those 3 Ghost Rider is the best. Spidey requires a lot of work to make him viable and even then he's not that great.

Vecks

doesnt mention a lvl requirement

Not sure what else could be the problem. But I'm also not sure what kind of box you're talking about. Try opening it with a lv60 just in case. And make sure you're not in a hub, in case it's the other kind of box.

Lashley

Not sure what else could be the problem. But I'm also not sure what kind of box you're talking about. Try opening it with a lv60 just in case. And make sure you're not in a hub, in case it's the other kind of box.

Here (Highest rank is 27 with Rocket)

QdKFRyS.jpg

Should I keep unique item box and bounty hunter box until 60? or open now on lvl 15 nightcrawler?

Teggy

I got that New Year's Resolution mail and I noticed it said this:

Play any of the Starting Heroes (up to LEVEL 10) for FREE.

I've been checked out a while - does this mean now you can play all of the starter heroes a little instead of getting one for free? Does it still let you choose one to continue on?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I got that New Year's Resolution mail and I noticed it said this:

I've been checked out a while - does this mean now you can play all of the starter heroes a little instead of getting one for free? Does it still let you choose one to continue on?

Yeah, you can try out all the starter heroes before choosing one to unlock.

Even when they get around to fixing Winter Soldier (he needs a melee basic among other things) I don't think he's going to be my kind of playstyle.

Gotta choose between Venom and Juggs to unlock next then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
prestiging is sucking on the marrow of my soul

Top Bottom