• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
haha, i wouldn't be surprised, it makes absolutely no sense though, maybe if the change was in like january or February 2016

it makes as much sense as sports games

Not at all, since those are annual releases that coincide near the start of the season of their respective sport. They have to have the year on them or some other way to differentiate them.

This is a persistent game that doesn't get a new release every year. It gets incrementally updated throughout the year, as most online games/MMOs do. There was no difference from Marvel Heroes 2015 than Marvel Heroes the day prior to the name change.

Now, if you wanted to argue about the relative value of a new sports release compared to this game, I might buy that. Some annual sports releases are little more than tiny roster updates. Some have monumental changes. Compared to last year, Marvel Heroes is closer to the latter.

gazele

Banned

Not really, the closest sports game to come out to marvel heroes is MLB the show, which does the same year (2014) because the baseball season ends in 2014, whereas madden, fifa, NBA, and NHL all start in 2014 but end in 2015

It was clearly to have a new metacritic score and increase interest in the one year anniversary update, which clearly worked as thats when i started playing, haha

I bet it's not a new year but a subtitle of some kind. Maybe due to some year long event or something.

Marvel Heroes: Age of Ultron?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
when they changed to 2015 doomsaw said its a yearly thing they will do, they have content for that year and once its out they change to next year name and say whats coming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not at all, since those are annual releases that coincide near the start of the season of their respective sport. They have to have the year on them or some other way to differentiate them.

This is a persistent game that doesn't get a new release every year. It gets incrementally updated throughout the year, as most online games/MMOs do. There was no difference from Marvel Heroes 2015 than Marvel Heroes the day prior to the name change.

Now, if you wanted to argue about the relative value of a new sports release compared to this game, I might buy that. Some annual sports releases are little more than tiny roster updates. Some have monumental changes. Compared to last year, Marvel Heroes is closer to the latter.

ok...so a season in Marvel stars in the summer >_>

and I was only talking about making sense regarding it being 1 year prior (because Kepow asked if it would change the name in 2015 or 2016), and I said its 1 year prior like sports games, I wasnt discussing the validity of the "season moniker" they are now aparently using.

By the time 2015 is done and all the big name heroes have been released, they can call themselves Marvel "Heroes".

just change it to Marvel Universe, which is what they should have called it anyway

Rhaknar

new code: ADVP2

omega boost

edit: goddamn it ashley!

Volimar

I have 600 ES and I'm looking for my next hero. I really enjoy ranged champs so I'm thinking either Iron Man or Strange. Can they both be played purely ranged? Which shoul I choose?!?!?

just change it to Marvel Universe, which is what they should have called it anyway

I'm totally on board with that change. It even alleviates my only realy problem with playable villains.

Volimar

Aww, I didn't have enough shells for a box. I guess Hank is gone too. Were any of the other shell rewards worth anything?

Dec

I have 600 ES and I'm looking for my next hero. I really enjoy ranged champs so I'm thinking either Iron Man or Strange. Can they both be played purely ranged? Which shoul I choose?!?!?

Both can be played purely ranged and I vote Iron Man but Strange is also extremely good.

I choose Iron Man because I've played him consistently for a couple months and while I enjoyed Strange I got bored after a couple weeks.

Volimar

Both can be played purely ranged and I vote Iron Man but Strange is also extremely good.

I choose Iron Man because I've played him consistently for a couple months and while I enjoyed Strange I got bored after a couple weeks.

I was already leaning towards Iron Man, simply because I'm loads more familiar with the character. Thanks for the input.

Rhaknar

Ironman is one of the funnest heroes in the game

Strange...is not. In fact, for me, Strange was the most overhyped character in the game by far, I was really disapointed, even recently when I got back to him

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm a silly silly man. I decided not to redeem my shells and hot dogs because I got a terrible roll on the items, figured I'd wake up this morning and grab whatever was there quick before work. Didn't realize how early patches were.

On the other hand, I can now literally double the amount of money in my bank from selling hot dogs. So I've got that going for me.

Can somebody invite me to the supergroup while it's in my mind? I keep seeing NeoGAF floating in the lobby and forgetting about it by the time I stop playing. In game name canseesea

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
X23Fang.png

X23nyx.png

Hello all,

We're glad everyone is talking about the Advance Pack 2 and a large number of people have already preordered it.

We got a piece of feedback that we're going to take care of right now.

People mentioned that last year's "early bird" bonus was Ghost Rider, a more expensive hero than X-23.

X-23 wouldn't stand for that, so we're adding two additional costumes to the X-23 bundle:

X-23's Fang Costume

X-23's Nyx Costume

Everyone who has already preordered the Advance Pack 2 - Deluxe Edition will automatically get these additional costumes added to their order, and anyone who orders the Deluxe Edition before October 10th will also receive these costumes as part of their bonus X-23 bundle. That's four costumes total.

nice

and yes doomsaw used data minned photos lol

Rhaknar

that bottom costume is the best costume in the game

and good on Gaz for doing this, shit like this...you dont see a lot from other companies, you have to give them that.

Indignate

The bottom one is alright but like SG and Carol, I still like the default better (until they give me zebra print.)

that yellow costume sux lol

the bottom one is very kool

Look, I actually don't have an account in game I've never even played it.

I just like to post in this thread about X-23 and Squirrel Girl.

inky

Just how long can you preorder the pack, and when does it come out?

I'm guessing you'll be able to buy the pack till the end of the year, although the X-23 bonus only applies if you purchase before October 10th.

The pack doesn't really "come out". You'll get each hero/costume once it becomes available during the whole next year. You'll get special costumes 1 month before they appear on the store (if you bought the version of the pack that includes them, that is).

Just how long can you preorder the pack, and when does it come out?

If it was anything like last year's AP, you'll be able to purchase it likely until the end of the year, if not into the new year.
And as inky says, it doesn't come out. It's pre-ordering the hero content Gazillion has planned for next year (+X-23 if you buy it before Oct 10).

So you get only boosts (and the exclusive HERBIE if you get the deluxe one) right now, and then you get the heroes and their stash tabs as they come out on their release day. If you buy the deluxe pack you will also get that respective hero's release alternate costume, and another boost+retcon for each hero if you get the deluxe pack.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Good to get confirmation that they are putting the Nyx costume in. That's her best looking one out of the bunch and for some strange reason her face model is better in that one.

Volimar

Thanks for the replies. Was somewhat interested, but I'm not likely to have that kind of disposable income for the rest of the year, and without the preorder bonuses, I'm not really sold on it. I guess that makes my decision for me.

Rhaknar

man I hope theres a few surprise heroes next year, with X23 in the AP I wont have anything to spend my splinters on after Nova >_>

I guess I could start getting ultimate upgrade tokens

Rhaknar

by the way, I think its safe to assume those 4 x-23 costumes will not all come out when she does, they will most likely be spread throughout the following months. I assume at least

So Tragicomedy and Drayco, what's your opinion on Carnage?
Others can answer too, but I'm most interested in the opinion of those 2. :p

Super Skrull should be a lock. Beast is also highly likely.

Skrull might be #12 in the AP, though. It seems like they might just not reveal him as part of it yet cause they wanna keep it seeeekrit. Although they're doing a lot of teasing about him so y'know.

I don't trust when Doomsaw says "character X is 100%/very likely" anymore - Magik was very likely for 2014, but she isn't. Nick Fury was 100% in the Advance Pack 2, but he isn't. So yeah. Doomsaw saying Ant-Man is 90% and Wasp is super likely for the remaining 2 people in the AP is about as sure as him saying the Wall will be the next playable villain, and Aunt May and J. Jonah Jameson are the last 2 AP characters.

Rhaknar

anyone seen Blank! lately? I guess he's not back from vacation yet :/

I need my earlier raid :(

Drayco21

I usually hate stories using him and don't generally like when he shows up, he's like the thesis statement for everything I hate about 90s comics. His recent Mini and Carnage USA were weirdly fun, I don't understand how Minimum Carnage following them could be so bad.

DrAg0nBoY

One stupid question. Does only the character you are curently leveling get the Omega points you gather or is every character in your rooster getting them?

He's the greatest comic book character in existence. He looks like he was designed by the world's most artistic four year old, complete with sharp pointy things, and liberal use of black and red colors to help the reader understand he is dark and troubled. He is clinically insane, which makes him unpredictable and not at all like Venom, who is also a symbiote with a streak of madness in him. He leaves the ever-cryptic "Carnage Rules!" message scrawled with his blood on the walls of his victims, which serves as the perfect embodiment of the incredible 1990s comic book industry, IGN unjustly named him the 90th best comic book villain, even though we all know he's number one.

Lord Phol

Yay was waiting for the Nyx costume, that sealed the deal!

Also Kepow check out the Shadow of Mordor review thread!

Rhaknar

Red do you realise there is someone else using your avatar?

or are you the thief? :p

KePoW

Banned
He's the greatest comic book character in existence. He looks like he was designed by the world's most artistic four year old, complete with sharp pointy things, and liberal use of black and red colors to help the reader understand he is dark and troubled. He is clinically insane, which makes him unpredictable and not at all like Venom, who is also a symbiote with a streak of madness in him. He leaves the ever-cryptic "Carnage Rules!" message scrawled with his blood on the walls of his victims, which serves as the perfect embodiment of the incredible 1990s comic book industry, IGN unjustly named him the 90th best comic book villain, even though we all know he's number one.

umm... i can't tell if ur being sarcastic or not. you are truly a master baiter.

kepow pls.

@Tragicomedy/Drayco: Thanks for your answers. I am glad you responded that way.

Red do you realise there is someone else using your avatar?

or are you the thief? :p

I've not stolen anything, but I would be surprised if there wasn't more than one person who uses D.D. from MGS5 as an avatar. :p

Rhaknar

actually annoys me when people use the same avatar, I dont know why. Dude probably doesnt even know you exist anyway red...

...no offense :p

Top Bottom