• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Wow Kitty's face is by far the best one they've had yet. It looks totally fine/natural. Which sounds weird, but that's a compliment. Much better than 90s Rogue weird plastic face. Also Whedon's Astonishing X-Men made me love Kitty <3

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on the patch being thursday or friday? this event is awful, Im just logging in for the loging rewards for the past 2 days after getting 1 box and realizing "yeah im not gonna farm another fuck this"

Vecks

Finally got enough shells for a box. Got another Hand of Doom. The last box I opened was a Hand of Doom too. I was kind of hoping for an ESP box. But I guess I gotta find one the hard way.

any word on the patch being thursday or friday?

It should be Thursday, if all goes well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i need to trade in for my last hot dog cart when i get home tomorow before i forget and the patch hits

Rhaknar

Doomsaw says the most likely candidates for the last 2 spots are Ant-Man and Wasp

would make sense since both would use whatever shrinking technology they come up with for their powers. You already have both Kitty and Vision using whatever phasing tech they are going to use

Kitty better be able to go through every single wall in the game barring game border walls
its canon afterall
also when are we raiding tomorrow?

GManDH

Doomsaw says the most likely candidates for the last 2 spots are Ant-Man and Wasp

would make sense since both would use whatever shrinking technology they come up with for their powers. You already have both Kitty and Vision using whatever phasing tech they are going to use

well they are getting a movie this year, but then it means the game is becoming MCU heroes.

Rhaknar

well they are getting a movie this year, but then it means the game is becoming MCU heroes.

your comment makes zero sense, you say it like these characters dont exist in the comics or are just there because of the movies, when these would be some heavy hitters, probably some of the last (from the Avengers certainly). Tie-ins with movies, especially Marvel Studios ones are inevitable anyway

Also I dont think Wasp is even in the Ant Man movie, at least not as Wasp

Indignate

She isn't, or if she is they're putting that role onto Pym's made up daughter that they made up for the movie.

They confirmed that whoever the mother is is already dead.

thedink is also doing kitty pride

Ah shit. That makes me nervous.
I heard Dink herself said she wasnt doing female characters anymore. She did a terrible job on Psylocke and Invisible Woman, though she does do good work on male characters (she made Gambit and Nightcrawler IIRC).

Lord Phol

Ah shit. That makes me nervous.
I heard Dink herself said she wasnt doing female characters anymore. She did a terrible job on Psylocke and Invisible Woman, though she does do good work on male characters (she made Gambit and Nightcrawler IIRC).

Well, judge for yourself (posted on last page):

Lzxehgi.png

It definetly has a Sue feel to it.

Yeah that seems quite likely unfortunetly. He did mention Havok as well but I really doubt it will be him. I'm still thinking that Black Bolt is coming out sometime next year as well since they are pushing Inhumans.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
any of you guys play through steam, my addy there is

Ashley278

Phol i added you already ^^ from the shadows of mordor thread :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kitty clearly has implants, but that seems to be potentially hazardous given her mutant power. Would they stay behind if she phases through a wall? Wasted surgery bills.

Think Kitty looks great.

Also... did shared quests when I shouldn't have again - could have got double omega orbs and those access file things.

Ploid 3.0

Patch notes: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/135846/marvel-heroes-2015-1-17-patch-notes

Rogue's stolen power, Accursed Beam has been rebuilt to be more in line with other ranged powers in the game:

The mechanic of &#8220;bonus power for health&#8221; has been retained.

Base damage now uses a standard curve rather than being based off of maximum Health

Bonus damage percent is given based off of maximum Health.

The self damage no longer crits or brutals but is increased in magnitude, resulting in less spiky health loss.

Note that the damage % bonus from health is no longer reflected in the tooltip damage range, so perception will be worse than reality on initial viewing.

Overall a correct nerf to the power, but still very, very strong compared to other ranged powers.​

Still seems great on paper. Hmm

The "Cube Shard" icon at the terminal selection is now displayed to show eligibility for Eyes of Demonfire daily bonus (and eventually Hearts of Demonfire).
Does this mean Bronx Zoo will eventually drop Hearts of Demonfire? Or other terminals maybe?

Also, does this:
Taskmaster has updated his Fighting Guide with weaknesses of many enemies. His guide now educates you thoroughly and provides a 3-6% bonus damage to enemy bosses.
make Taskmaster's unique actually useful at all. Or is it still a waste of my STASH.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, it probably depends on how bonus damage to bosses is calculated, whether it's added before all the Damage Rating multipliers (likely) or after.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
The full damage bonus to enemies not targeting you has been relocated from a temporary buff associated with Twilight Initiative to a permanent buff on Red Room Reflexes with 100% uptime.

Hmm I think I'll try to make a stealth/not targeting you build with Black Widow now.

Vecks

Also, does this make Taskmaster's unique actually useful at all. Or is it still a waste of my STASH.

I don't think it'll beat out any of the most commonly used artifacts, unless you're desperate for crit. But it's a complete buff. You probably need a really good roll for it to be useful.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
has higher crit rating than hand of doom on a good roll now

KePoW

Banned
Seems like a decent artifact to me. Especially for those of us with entire roster, I don't have 40 GoKs or 40 HoDs

Rhaknar

They automatically get buffed.

taskmaster's guide is getting buffed?

also, just got this omega drive artifact and...its not very good at all >_>

edit: just saw the buff, nice. 2 of the ones in my stash have 5% dmg against bosses, the one i have on gambit only has 3% tho. have another with 4%

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It's 25 September. The patch notes were released. They mention nothing about Psylocke, Ghost Rider, or Star-Lord.

they are all coming with nova patch

Bonus Note: Psylocke and GR quality of life changes are complete by MichealMayhem and will need some public testing and iteration in a couple of weeks. They are in the big Nova patch build of the game, along with some nice improvements to the whole Star-Lord element gun tree.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Shifting Goalposts, Batman!

Fortunately, Nova is among the characters I'm least interested in playing. I'll be (hopefully) having fun with the Psylocke improvements while everyone else is flying around as Dick Rider.

yup same with achievements which they barely tlak about again.

doomsaw did post about them earlier today saying they implemented titles properly with them and now hes saying near christmas. marvel heroes 2016 is my estimate now lol

KePoW

Banned
yup same with achievements which they barely tlak about again.

doomsaw did post about them earlier today saying they implemented titles properly with them and now hes saying near christmas. marvel heroes 2016 is my estimate now lol

Is Marvel Heroes 2016 going to be next year, or two years from now??

Top Bottom