• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wheres mah Frostinferno at?

"Ryolnir: He has his own Ice Golem, he has no need for them."

Summon confirmed? :O

WXM02-01.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
more reasons why Gaz is awesome?

$39.99 is NOT 39.99€ like 90% of other places. for us the pack is 29.99€

Sick, I didn't even know that and I'm Eurotrash. I thought you were American for some reason. Where you from?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sick, I didn't even know that and I'm Eurotrash. I thought you were American for some reason. Where you from?

Portugal, the asshole of europe, where things cost the same as everywhere else, and we get paid half of everywhere else

Lord Phol

Cool I got an costume box because of the bogo and me buying the Toxin costume 7 days prior. First the supports said:

Greetings,
Thank you for contacting us.
The BOGO boxes for purchases made up to 7 days before the current BOGO sale were distributed to players on 1/23/2015. As such, this ticket will be closed.
The FAQ for the current BOGO sale can be found here: https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/hero-and-costume-bogo-back
I apologize but purchases of bundles/packs and gifts do not qualify for the 7 day protection.
If you did not receive a BOGO box and believe you should have, please submit a new help request and we will investigate the issue.
Marvel Heroes 2015 Support

So I asked them to investigate it further and a couple of hours later:

Greetings,

A random costume box has been delivered to your inventory. You may need to logout and back in for the item to appear.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Thanks for playing!

Jeff

Marvel Heroes 2015 Support

Good 'ol Jeff, he's a keeper!

Edit: Aw Emma Marvel Now that I all ready have, can't complain though!

Sblargh

Banned
hee hee u know all my seekrits

Gimme all your money or I'll tell people you are a 45 year old woman pretending to be a 16 year old boy in order to reconnect with your son who hates you because of your political views.

Portugal, the asshole of europe, where things cost the same as everywhere else, and we get paid half of everywhere else

Vocês nunca deviam ter nos vendido. Deviam ter nos anexado. Hoje vocês teriam riquezas, futebol e relevância cultural e nós teríamos cidadania européia permitindo-nos espalhar mais eficientemente pelo resto do planeta como uma arma biológica esperando para explodir.

Mas obrigado por Camões.

PS: A língua portuguesa é linda, nós melhoramos ela. De nada.

Cool I got an costume box because of the bogo and me buying the Toxin costume 7 days prior. First the supports said:

So I asked them to investigate it further and a couple of hours later:

Good 'ol Jeff, he's a keeper!

Edit: Aw Emma Marvel Now that I all ready have, can't complain though!

He gave you a dupe on purpose.

Rhaknar

Vocês nunca deviam ter nos vendido. Deviam ter nos anexado. Hoje vocês teriam riquezas, futebol e relevância cultural e nós teríamos cidadania européia permitindo-nos espalhar mais eficientemente pelo resto do planeta como uma arma biológica esperando para explodir.

Mas obrigado por Camões.

PS: A língua portuguesa é linda, nós melhoramos ela. De nada.

what kind of ridiculous horseshit is this?

Rhaknar

I did say he has constructs, did I not?

no...you said the did NOT have summons in fact

and im not joking. Or did I completely misread your post days / weeks ago? Which is very likely since I joke about it, but working these fucking graveyard shifts, sometimes my nights are a fucking blur I sware

no...you said the did NOT have summons in fact

and im not joking. Or did I completely misread your post days / weeks ago? Which is very likely since I joke about it, but working these fucking graveyard shifts, sometimes my nights are a fucking blur I sware

I did say he won't be a summoner, but he would have some constructs. More Invisible Woman/Black Panther, less Rocket/SG. That being said, apparently he summons dudes in the All New X-Men run, so they actually be running with a legit summoner style now (or pet style like Luke Cage).

Edit: Also just realized there are no Inhumans represented in the TU pack. Where's my Black Bolt or Medusa??

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Black Bolt OP

I'd honestly expect him playable before TU if there is really a movie in the works

Rhaknar

I did say he won't be a summoner, but he would have some constructs. More Invisible Woman/Black Panther, less Rocket/SG. That being said, apparently he summons dudes in the All New X-Men run, so they actually be running with a legit summoner style now (or pet style like Luke Cage).

Edit: Also just realized there are no Inhumans represented in the TU pack. Where's my Black Bolt or Medusa??

what do you mean? theres sunspot, angel (2 of them even) and quicksilver

:3

Black Bolt OP

I'd honestly expect him playable before TU if there is really a movie in the works

theres no if

Marvel-Phase-Three-550x433.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
right, forgot if Inhumans was real or one of the earlier "leaked" hoaxes.

Also I've been down on some of the Marvel films recently (Thor 2 was bad, Cap 2 was just okay), but fuck me if that image doesn't get me soaking wet. GIVE ME ALL THE MARVEL

Rhaknar

right, forgot if Inhumans was real or one of the earlier "leaked" hoaxes.

Also I've been down on some of the Marvel films recently (Thor 2 was bad, Cap 2 was just okay), but fuck me if that image doesn't get me soaking wet. GIVE ME ALL THE MARVEL

post-30459-Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF-gif-WHAT-TH-oNcJ.gif

im going GIF crazy today >_>

edit: Gwen or Sunspot will come out first from the new team up advamce pack by the way, straight from the horseRyolnir's mouth

Got home late last night, so only had time to do the One Shots and Terminal Daily.

Left Cosmic Doom 'til last. Full bounty to make sure I got all the Terminal kills done.

Killed him - and out pops a Hand of Doom. My first ever (in 1000 hours).

So I was PUMPED.

Go open the first of the cosmic chests and HAND OF DOOM. Couldn't believe my luck.

Gothos

Got home late last night, so only had time to do the One Shots and Terminal Daily.

Left Cosmic Doom 'til last. Full bounty to make sure I got all the Terminal kills done.

Killed him - and out pops a Hand of Doom. My first ever (in 1000 hours).

So I was PUMPED.

Go open the first of the cosmic chests and HAND OF DOOM. Couldn't believe my luck.

Hahaha, gratz, that's insane! :D And yea, the feeling what THAT artifact drops is fucking great in Marvel Heroes :)

Is the Gafgroup still active? I never see anyone talk lol

It's mostly that this cow event is pretty lackluster. I know I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 since I picked that up in the sale this past weekend. When some new content hits, I imagine it will shoot back up again.

Marvel Heroes is for me an evergreen. I can go back to it when I'm sick of other games.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Captain America 2 is amazing. If you disagree, then you are one of those people on the internet who is wrong about things.

It's fine. I prefer the first one. At some point all the Marvel movies kind of start to feel like the same movie. I enjoyed it, don't mistake me, it just didn't blow me away.

Rhaknar

It's mostly that this cow event is pretty lackluster. I know I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 since I picked that up in the sale this past weekend. When some new content hits, I imagine it will shoot back up again.

Marvel Heroes is for me an evergreen. I can go back to it when I'm sick of other games.

sort of this. although for me MH is the constant, not the variant (I play other games when im bored of MH, not the other way around). but yeah, lackluster events you will see a drop off in game time. I just got Dying Light for example to play for the next few days, but im sure that next patch when Winter Soldier hits ill be playing more MH again.

The "event dependence" is something ive discussed before and something I feel the game suffers from, but I dont have a solution from it. When the next odin event rolls in for eample, I will most likely play non stop because I want more marks to finish my legendary collection. but if another lackluster (for me) even rolls in, Ill probably only log in for daily rewards. and round and round it goes I guess, until the next new hero.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Ah makes sense.

Also, what terminals for AIM Engineers/Turrets and M.O.D.O.K? Got it for my legendary, green took me to abandoned subway.

Sblargh

Banned
Ah makes sense.

Also, what terminals for AIM Engineers/Turrets and M.O.D.O.K? Got it for my legendary, green took me to abandoned subway.

AIM factory. You'll soon start calling terminals by the name of the bosses (it's not an odin palace run; it's a kurse run and so on)

Just click on the terminals and see the portrait of the boss there.

-

Btw, terminal LQs are usually good only for one terminal. So even if another terminal has engineers and turrets; only defeating them in the MODOK one will count. Challenge LQs overlap more (midtown LQs can usually also be complete in the holo-sim, for example); but most of them are divided into Midtown quests and Industrial City quests.

And for yet another edit: even if you can complete a LQ on the holo-sim, it's usually not worth it because you have to be really really lucky to get the exact wave you need.

Lashley

AIM factory. You'll soon start calling terminals by the name of the bosses (it's not an odin palace run; it's a kurse run and so on)

Just click on the terminals and see the portrait of the boss there.

Im a bloody idiot!

Haha thanks man

Indignate

And then you'll start calling Industrial City "ICP" and I'll be here making lame Insane Clown Posse references because that acronym is horrible and you're all horrible for using it.

Lashley

What do you get for doing Legendary quests? Because I've just done my first 1, cleared all objectives like kill 50 mobs etc and got nothing?

Hahaha, gratz, that's insane! :D And yea, the feeling what THAT artifact drops is fucking great in Marvel Heroes :)

So insane! Especially after never having one before, to get two in one run was crazy. Feelsgoodbro.

Makes up for all those artifact drops when your heart skips a beat - but it's a Nutso, or Squirrel Distress Call lol

Sblargh

Banned
Nah, these runes are easy to come by. The runes you don't want to waste are tyr, thor, serpent, saturn and Odin. Runeforges are also easy to come by.

LQs drop odin marks which you use to buy legendary gear (really important on endgame) and don't forget to collect the orange ballz because they are the buckload of XP.

Vecks

What do you get for doing Legendary quests? Because I've just done my first 1, cleared all objectives like kill 50 mobs etc and got nothing?

Mostly yellow xp orbs, credits and odin marks. They drop on the ground and can get absorbed quite easily, so you could have grabbed them without knowing. Odin marks are a bit hard to see though, so you might want to either turn on the item names or use the "alt" key.

Lashley

Neither the uru nor those specific runes are rare so you're fine

Great! Just got another uru forged item as you said that too lol

Nah, these runes are easy to come by. The runes you don't want to waste are tyr, thor, serpent, saturn and Odin. Runeforges are also easy to come by.

LQs drop odin marks which you use to buy legendary gear (really important on endgame) and don't forget to collect the orange ballz because they are the buckload of XP.

Mostly yellow xp orbs, credits and odin marks. They drop on the ground and can get absorbed quite easily, so you could have grabbed them without knowing. Odin marks are a bit hard to see though, so you might want to either turn on the item names or use the "alt" key.

Ah makes sense. I assumed you got a chest afterwards like you do with ICP

Also, what who is the most OP and weakest in the game in your opinions? I love Nightcrawler but he's quite squishy. I heard Venom is quite OP/easy to use.

Rhaknar

Venom, Juggernaut combine great dmg with great survivability. Hulk too but he's a bit more complex

Sblargh

Banned
We were talking about power creep the other day and with revisions and new heroes being launched, the tiers are always changing. Those that frost mentioned, right now, are indeed in a bad place (plus Thing and Invisible Woman, I believe); but in general, everyone who got a review or was released recently is pretty strong.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
team up part 3

When is all of this awesome stuff coming?!

Our number one goal with this Revamp is to make sure that we are absolutely happy with the huge amount of changes and new systems going in. This system is planned to ship in Q1 of 2015. We will keep you updated as to when you can expect to see it on TC. This is a big deal for us and we want to get it right.

What happens if I use my level 60 team-up with my level 25 hero?

Team-Ups are always summoned at your level in terms of how much damage they deal and take. Their power options and skill points are determined by their level, but their combat effectiveness will always remain equal to your own.

What happens to my Team-Ups levels if I prestige?

Team-Up levels are independent of Prestige.

Does it require a Retcon Device to respec my Team-Up?

Nope!

Do I have to level up a Team-Up for each hero I use them with?

No. Team-Up levels are independent and accumulate regardless of which Hero they are being used with.

Will Team-Ups save their skill point choices across all heroes or on a per hero basis?

Team-Ups will currently retain their current functionality of keeping their ‘spec’ the same regardless of who is currently using it. We are also investigating the other option.

Will their passives change and potentially become less useful? I spent Gs on my Team-Up!

Team-Up away passives that are currently located in the right column of the first tier will be retained exactly as they are now. Away ‘proc’ effects are being improved, and will allow for further customization of your Team-Up’s bonuses to you, even if you aren’t interested in calling them in directly.

Are Team-Up Passives still only useable while the Team-Up is away?

Certain players are very interested in only enjoying a solo experience, so we don’t want to have those players feel that they must summon a Team-Up to gain the optimal benefits. This is why the ‘away’ column exists, and we don’t want to take that away. However, with the new progression system, all sorts of new build paths and options will open up in regards to ‘away’ builds, so we will re-analyze these numbers and consider allowing the tier 1 ‘away passive’ to be on regardless of whether the Team-Up is active. No guarantees, but we’ll look into it!

Will variant Team-Ups have different synergies?

Variant Team-Ups, such as Holiday Groot, will still provide the same Synergy as their normal versions. If you own Holiday Groot, you will unlock Groot’s synergy. If you own both, you will not get two Groot synergies.

Will I still be able to use my Team-Up as a “30 second duration” burst damage summon?

Yes! The ‘Assist’ option is retaining for players who enjoy this style of Team-Up action. Team-Ups can be customized to make better use of this style under the new progression system.

Are changes coming to Team-Up gear?

Yes! Team-Ups will be getting Unique items, and the affixes currently available to their gear will be going under review.

Where are the Team-Up Gear Boosts?!

The Team-Up Gear Boosts will be granted with the release of the new Revamp. We withheld these boosts due to the fact that the Team-Up Gear will overall be improved.

How many powers does a Team-Up have available in the new system?

A choice of three ‘style’ options (similar to the current system), 9 powers to place points into, and 1 Signature power.

Lashley

Picked up my first unique :)

Time flies by when you play this! Woah, 2 hours gone just like that.

team up part 3

All sounding really promising, though I'm still hoping that the bonuses for having a team-up "out" as opposed to "away" will be equal.

I always have mine out, but at the moment with cosmic content, they're pretty useless. Even if they had unlimited health/endless summon duration I'd be happy lol

Rhaknar

Genosha raid? Is that Axis? I haven't read Axis so I don't know if it went to Genosha

Top Bottom