• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Anyone ever buy fortune cards? Get anyone decent?

I've bought lots.

Probably 98% of the time, you get visual crap, or buffs. They're the ultimate in carrot-dangling.

I know it's stupid, but it's never stopped me buying a bunch until I get that "Exclusive team-up" or whatever.

There are much better things to spend your money on in this game especially if you're a new player.

Couldn't agree more.

Buy characters, team-ups, even a pet for the trash leveling.

Fortune cards are just chances (very small ones at that) at a couple of decent things among a sea of stuff you can do without.

IMO, the most important thing for new players to buy are S.T.A.S.H. tabs. 1 extra general tab and 1 materials tab are a great early investment.

Events like this Bovenheim have highlighted how quickly STASH space runs out too. Missus has 4 tabs, but they are completely full now with odd uniques and artis.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
/fps is a good command shows the draw,game,cpu and fps so u can see whats causing u problems

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People that buy fortune cards are the fucking worst

Black Bolt was on the short list for this year and is very likely going to happen next year.

Easiest hero to make, doesn't need a voice actor

People that buy fortune cards are the fucking worst

Easiest hero to make, doesn't need a voice actor

He needs one for his ultimate.

Pics of the Genosha raid:

IwsuSwj.jpg

ufz2vug.jpg

tttSOMf.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do we know the next event? If it's not odin I might postpone my Bucky leveling 1 week, let's see how Dying Light grabs me.

If it is Odin tho, nothing will stop me getting my last 5 legendaries!

#44legendaries

Gothos

I'm waiting for the return of chase costumes. Probably now sooner than Easter, ehh. I need that Phoenix Force Cyke costume :)

Sblargh

Banned
So, I kind of started an experiment this week that is to remove stuff that clutters the screen that are not other people's powers because I like to see other people's power.

So I removed everything else; damage numbers, health bars, texts (like "resisted") and so on.

It's a bit weird to play without seeing numbers at first, because that's what I was used to stare at, keeping a look at how crits and bruts were doing, but now I think I have a more pleasant experience with the game. I'm actually paying attention to what is happening on the screen, noticing animations more and, well, it is a pretty game and unless you're testing a new build, seeing the numbers actually don't do much, it's not like they are quantum criticals that change if you are noticing them.

The lack of health bars get in the way a bit during patrols where there are bosses like hood or taskmaster that moves around a lot, but even that is something I am starting to get used to; starting to notice where hood appears by the portal or seeing where the dash of taskmaster goes. So the game looks less random, less game-y, what happens on the screen matters more.

Anywayz, I am enjoying it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
How often does Gaz run 50% off costumes?

A friend wants to buy a few Enhanced ones but can't justify dropping $14.50 on them.

50% is rare, but BOGO (buy one at normal price, get another random one free) happens a few times a year, and I think is currently going on.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so on tc the crafter had a recipe for upgrade insig to 63. im gonna go ahead and guess the new raid will be new currency for upgrading insig rings and medals to 66 and 69 maybe ?

ryolnir already said that insig upgrade is coming by posting amthua has weird ways of spoiling things

Moondrop

Banned
Played around with Cap a bit on TC. He's got a new Meteor Kick that's pretty sweet and acts as a combo starter for his "serum" resource. But y'all are right, his resource is a bit of a mess- I like how they're trying to have it interact with toggles and thereby create different builds, but it doesn't feel as if there's any management going on. Cap's definitely in a better place, but I'll wait until live to work out my exact build.

Vecks

How often does Gaz run 50% off costumes?

A friend wants to buy a few Enhanced ones but can't justify dropping $14.50 on them.

IIRC the last one was last month during the holiday sale. If they are saving the major sales for major events or holidays, then my guess would be around April or May, for spring break or avengers movie. But I do wonder if they're just alternating every month between BOGO and discounts.

Finally broke down and got Venom. Now to wait until a 50% off sale so I can grab the Toxin costume or maybe the blender will be nice to me before then.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally broke down and got Venom. Now to wait until a 50% off sale so I can grab the Toxin costume or maybe the blender will be nice to me before then.

Ugh, yeah. I really want Toxin suit, but I don't buy full price costumes, and the blender has been horrendous to me lately.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
You can buy hero stashes in game at any time, but yeah it costs real money.

I didn't know you could be specific hero stashes in-game. I thought they were only available with the hero packs. I know you can buy generic stash spaces, but hero-specific helps me organize better.

Rhaknar

I didn't know you could be specific hero stashes in-game. I thought they were only available with the hero packs. I know you can buy generic stash spaces, but hero-specific helps me organize better.

hero stashes are always very limited in what you can stash there

Anoregon

hero stashes are always very limited in what you can stash there

They actually allow for a decent amount of stuff, the only main limitation is artifacts. un-bound artifacts would be awesome, as they clog up my limited general stash space.

Also, vote for marvel heroes for best mmo of 2014 here :http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.c...e-Players-Choice-Awards-Game-of-the-Year.html

We got a free random hero and boost for the most improved win, so they win this one I'm sure we will get more cool shit.

Gothos

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well the community is blasting that poll. marvel is on 48.9% with eso second with 15 %

It feels wrong to vote MH as best MMO, when the other competitors are all "real" MMORPG's.

That said, I was able to log in, so MH got yet another vote. Looks like it has a pretty good shot.

edit: beaten

KePoW

Banned
ESO was actually a good game for the storyline quests. It's very similar to SWTOR in that regard, I liked both of them a lot

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Can someone explain pet bonuses?

I can donate items to the pet to level them up? Cybernetic bonuses? I have the free cow pet

You can buy hero stashes in game at any time, but yeah it costs real money.

They cost real money but they are cheaper than regular stashes. You can't store runes, relics, potions, and hero specific things for other heroes but you can store most everything else. I wouldn't use them exclusively instead of stashes but they are a great cheap way to augment stash space.

inky

Can someone explain pet bonuses?

I can donate items to the pet to level them up? Cybernetic bonuses? I have the free cow pet

Yes, pretty much. Once you reach the goal it will give you a small permanent buff (which can be reset if you are looking for something else). You can also set it to auto consume unwanted items from the ground through the options menu. It allows you to set it by item slot and rarity so that it won't auto consume ones you need or are looking for.

Rhaknar

ESO can't help its a crappy unimaginative Warcraft clone that is a blight on the Elder Scrolls name.

What that too harsh?

yay just what the thread needed, trashing other games, that always goes well

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yes, pretty much. Once you reach the goal it will give you a small permanent buff (which can be reset if you are looking for something else). You can also set it to auto consume unwanted items from the ground through the options menu. It allows you to set it by item slot and rarity so that it won't auto consume ones you need or are looking for.

thats pretty cool, thanks

Top Bottom