• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If Winter Soldier doesn't say "Kept you waiting, huh" when you switch to him they've fucked up

Because those powers aren't hard hitting cooldowns, they are ground aoes. People use them as if they were damage spikes, but they really aren't. The core of his damage is vibranium bash (and now shield strike could be used, I guess); the shield throws (now with an option of bleeding) are the layers.

Half of your post is talking about live, the other half is talking about test. On the TC, AA and TsT are both very much hard hitting CDs, as they should be. And the shield throws aren't layers unless you want them to be, depending on your toggle. I'm not sure if you're trying to say that AA and TsT shouldn't be part of the rotation, or that people shouldn't be using them for optimal damage (on live). The former makes no sense to me, and the latter is being fixed with this patch.

Sblargh

Banned
Half of your post is talking about live, the other half is talking about test. On the TC, AA and TsT are both very much hard hitting CDs, as they should be. And the shield throws aren't layers unless you want them to be, depending on your toggle. I'm not sure if you're trying to say that AA and TsT shouldn't be part of the rotation, or that people shouldn't be using them for optimal damage (on live). The former makes no sense to me, and the latter is being fixed with this patch.

Both at the same time isn't optimal right now on live. If it changes with the patch, I'll see, but they increased the cooldown/damage of AA and people went bonkers (even when MichaelMayhem said it resulted in higher DPS), now they reverted it, so I don't know.

But people are complaining that too much stuff is on cooldown at the same time and they aren't finding a smooth rotation, my answer is to rely less on cooldowns and more on spammable spirit spenders, even because Captain America is one of the few heroes that has a move that replenishes his spirit; spirit shouldn't be a problem to him.

Both at the same time isn't optimal right now on live. If it changes with the patch, I'll see, but they increased the cooldown/damage of AA and people went bonkers (even when MichaelMayhem said it resulted in higher DPS), now they reverted it, so I don't know.

But people are complaining that too much stuff is on cooldown at the same time and they aren't finding a smooth rotation, my answer is to rely less on cooldowns and more on spammable spirit spenders, even because Captain America is one of the few heroes that has a move that replenishes his spirit; spirit shouldn't be a problem to him.

Interestingly enough, making AA a longer 12 sec cooldown made him more reliant on his spirit spender. I'd be fine if they kept it that way and left TsT and Shield Bash as more oftenly used rotational stuff.

Of course all this is leaving out what's going to happen with Meteor Kick. That could shake a lot of things up.

Sblargh

Banned
Interestingly enough, making AA a longer 12 sec cooldown made him more reliant on his spirit spender. I'd be fine if they kept it that way and left TsT and Shield Bash as more oftenly used rotational stuff.

Of course all this is leaving out what's going to happen with Meteor Kick. That could shake a lot of things up.

And I think this was the intention. As I said, Captain is less AoE and more of a single target brawler with some few AoE options (and, of course, shield bounce, that it's a category on his own) and I think that's faithful to the comics as Captain America really isn't exactly a weapon of mass destruction. And I don't know how to feel about meteor kick, the animation seems bad, but they said they were improving it.
I also don't like moves in general that are labeled as starters (one of my beefs with Daredevil, too), I actually see the signature as a good starter because it lets you jump in the middle of everyone while buffing yourself. Unless it changes a lot, I don't see myself using it.

KePoW

Banned
Because those powers aren't hard hitting cooldowns, they are ground aoes. People use them as if they were damage spikes, but they really aren't. The core of his damage is vibranium bash (and now shield strike could be used, I guess); the shield throws (now with an option of bleeding) are the layers.

dang broski...ur a hardcore min-max'er!!

I'm gonna PM u a lot for builds and advice

No WS or Cap this week.

Another week of doing daily quests and logging off...

Yep, though not even dailies for me.

What ruins it for me is that I still have a lot of boosts running from the Omega event that I was planning on using for leveling WS, so you won't be seeing me leave the hub for another week thanks to this delay.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not surprised, WS clearly isn't ready to go live. The extra week will do him a lot of good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

What ruins it for me is that I still have a lot of boosts running from the Omega event that I was planning on using for leveling WS, so you won't be seeing me leave the hub for another week thanks to this delay.

same, just logging for the daily reward for me. helps that Dying Light has me by the balls at least.

have they said what the event it? if its Odin ill play for marks I guess

Dec

Maybe at least with all of the boredom we can put together a red raid.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Blend some costumes, get Emma Frost White Queen

buy Spider-Man costume, get Emma Frost New X-Men

goddammit. She's like my least favorite character. y u do dis game. At least give me the cool black outfit but nooooooo

Ploid 3.0

Blend some costumes, get Emma Frost White Queen

buy Spider-Man costume, get Emma Frost New X-Men

goddammit. She's like my least favorite character. y u do dis game. At least give me the cool black outfit but nooooooo

Wish we could trade costumes. I want.

I no longer want my paid for Phoenix green and white costume. Maybe I'll return to her but I probably won't.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i actually hate this gimmick trend they have started with heroes. yes it may be comic followed. but it isnt translating well into the game. it often feels like the hero is being handicapped by this gimmick.

i guess like handicapping heroes until they fill x bar etc

Those gimmicks all work in different ways, allowing players to have different gameplans when approaching/playing the various characters. Without them the redundancy in the game would pile on even quicker than it is now. Not every chararcter will have different primary or secondary resources, so gimmick-less characters will exist for those who do to want to bother with them.

Nobody Rezzes on this game, man.

How do I find an activated x-gene for my nightcrawler?

People used to rez often a long time ago, but I think since then they've just gotten tired of people dying to mechanics they "shouldn't be dying to". Also, I'm sure a lot of people hate it when people die near a respawn point but don't release.

Costume cores (like X-genes) are completely random drops.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People used to rez often a long time ago, but I think since then they've just gotten tired of people dying to mechanics they "shouldn't be dying to". Also, I'm sure a lot of people hate it when people die near a respawn point but don't release.

I always res ppl :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great noob guide (3h long!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlqjvWByqpI&list=WL&index=21

Ah, I was nowhere near the respawn point, plus NC is so squishy man

Respawn

LuuKyK

Ah, got it. Yeah, thats true. I dont even wait for someone to do it. Its faster to respawn and get back there on my own.

Sblargh

Banned
Only moment I rez/wait to be rezzed are on patrols when the boss fight is about to be over.

And the noob guide is 3 hours long? Damn. I think this qualifies the game as not being as noob friendly as I thought.

Lashley

4LKCohf.png

Worth adding?

Sblargh

Banned
4LKCohf.png

Worth adding?

Better than nothing because then it levels up the costume to its level (32) and make all the affixes better, as the core itself, not very good, no; what you are looking in a core usually is 25% health/spirit regen when using a medkit; invulnerability when using a medkit; +1 to any stat that is useful to your character and health regen on hit.

All the other stats are meh. (unless I forgot any good one)

Only moment I rez/wait to be rezzed are on patrols when the boss fight is about to be over.

And the noob guide is 3 hours long? Damn. I think this qualifies the game as not being as noob friendly as I thought.

I just started playing guild wars 2 since the sale last weekend and the amount of things I don't know and aren't even hinted at are immense. For the most part marvel heroes has way less of that than comparable mmos...most of the obtuse things in mh are still just gear slots. Costume cores are one of the few things that don't have an obvious slot.

Lashley

Invisible? No

meant the RIF
Better than nothing because then it levels up the costume to its level (32) and make all the affixes better, as the core itself, not very good, no; what you are looking in a core usually is 25% health/spirit regen when using a medkit; invulnerability when using a medkit; +1 to any stat that is useful to your character and health regen on hit.

All the other stats are meh. (unless I forgot any good one)

Ah, yeah atm I keep getting crap

EDIT: I'd love a DC expansion or something

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yes sir - I confirmed it earlier, sorry. Everything in the previous version of TC will be released next week. This patch will be a small bug fix patch and switch events over. Winter Soldier, Cap, and the Insignia review will be back on TC for the weekend.

woooo thats good they both need big changes still

Vecks

meant the RIF

RIF and SIF don't make a big difference IMO. It's only useful when they buff it server side. Better to just look for a useful core that will help in whatever way you need.

Also, in the beginning people used to always rez each other. Nowadays, I've noticed people don't want to be rezzed in general. Like, if you try to rez them, they'll just respawn the moment they see you trying to rez them. So now I only rez if I see someone still staying there after the boss fight is over, or if they ask right away.

Xevren

I just started playing guild wars 2 since the sale last weekend and the amount of things I don't know and aren't even hinted at are immense. For the most part marvel heroes has way less of that than comparable mmos...most of the obtuse things in mh are still just gear slots. Costume cores are one of the few things that don't have an obvious slot.

If you haven't yet, go in the gaf OT for GW 2 and request to join the guild. They were incredibly helpful/awesome when I was starting out. Haven't played it in a bit though.

Lashley

RIF and SIF don't make a big difference IMO. It's only useful when they buff it server side. Better to just look for a useful core that will help in whatever way you need.

Ah, thanks man.

I really need to buy some more stashes, got no inventory space.

Might buy Hulk/Venom and a character stash

Sblargh

Banned
RIF is all right, but every core either has 25% RIF; 25% SIF or +10 credits on drop. Since you're guaranteed one of those three at every core, then they don't matter much when looking at the quality of a core.

Also, crap gear is a state of mind... kinda. Gear only really matters once you hit 60, and then only for some content; even with horrible gear, you'll still be able to do most of what the game has to offer (might have some difficulty doing cosmic terminals, but nothing undoable, I think). And then gear progression happens naturally; a good unique here, an all right artifact there, getting your legendary to lvl 5. Before you notice it, you'll be geared enough for the green raid (or, if you raid with the babes of gaf, you'll be able to be carried pretty much).

And then there's red raid, but people only now started to clear it; most pugs are still fail, so there's no rush to gear for red raid.

A.R.M.O.R. is the next event.

A note on the future of the event:

However, the next time we run this event, we plan on improving the way you acquire A.R.M.O.R. Drives, adding new and exciting rewards, and adding other fun elements to make the event more engaging and comparable to things like Cosmic or Omega.

However, during this run of the event, (since we didn't get the improvements in just yet) we will be having a 100% XP bonus for the duration of the event!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
sexyy time

Hey guys,

It's that time again and we're running the A.R.M.O.R. Event! You'll notice that this time around, we have not made much in the way of changes to the event, as we've been mainly focusing on other content that will be released soon (new heroes, achievements, new Raid items). However, the next time we run this event, we plan on improving the way you acquire A.R.M.O.R. Drives, adding new and exciting rewards, and adding other fun elements to make the event more engaging and comparable to things like Cosmic or Omega.

However, during this run of the event, (since we didn't get the improvements in just yet) we will be having a 100% XP bonus for the duration of the event!

Top Bottom