• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they won best mmo from that poll thingie, whatever it was. hopefully more free goodies to celebrate

They said no rewards this time because they thought it was like cheating.

Well if they announced any sort of reward prior to the poll ending it would be bad form. They can always still give something out after the fact despite telling us to believe otherwise.

That being said we were already rewarded pretty well for the last award, I really don't see any need for us to get more free stuff. There's gotta be some limit to how much they spoil us.

Sblargh

Banned
Well if they announced any sort of reward prior to the poll ending it would be bad form. They can always still give something out after the fact despite telling us to believe otherwise.

That being said we were already rewarded pretty well for the last award, I really don't see any need for us to get more free stuff. There's gotta be some limit to how much they spoil us.

Whose side are you on?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

by spoil us you mean keep us playing their f2p game and buy their ridiculously expensive costumes right?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im guessing they will do this change to mags soon ?

winter soldier is up on tc with this change

Stances can no longer be freely toggled one after another (Stance dancing is not intended!)

they let magneto stance dance all this time

Rhaknar

im guessing they will do this change to mags soon ?

winter soldier is up on tc with this change

Stances can no longer be freely toggled one after another (Stance dancing is not intended!)

they let magneto stance dance all this time

never stance danced, didnt see the point just for the sig. In fact I hate stance dancing in any game so /shrug

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That seems silly. If unintended, why not make them mutually exclusive like they do with some of the other heroes? I mean I hate it, so I don't mind, but yeah

squadr0n

So I just started playing for the first time since the game first launched and want to get into some of the raids and harder content after getting through the main story missions. What hero should I focus on as my main for my first time through that will be able to contribute during raids and the harder group content.

My choices are atm: Deadpool, Wolverine, Nova. Or buy someone else? I'm thinking about purchasing psylock but not sure which hero would do well in group content. Any advice would be appriciated, and I know most ppl will just say use whoever you personally like but I'm looking for someone that can contribute and isn't just a cool hero.

Sblargh

Banned
Of those you mentioned, Wolvie or Nova; Deadpool is horribad at the moment.

But you won't be able to raid as soon as you finish the story or hit 60 (or maybe you will because it's not hard to find a overgeared group capable of carrying you); anyway, you should focus on a legendary, on getting the uniques for all your slots and blessing your artifacts.

This topic is the tier list as far as I know:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/dis...ustained-dps-thread-updated-for-hulk-smash/p1

squadr0n

Thanks for the reply, I've been using nova but haven't really been happy with how he plays, or maybe I'm just not using him the right way. Either way that helps a lot.

Thanks for the reply, I've been using nova but haven't really been happy with how he plays, or maybe I'm just not using him the right way. Either way that helps a lot.

I've got to agree about Nova, I find something to be off about him, I'm tempted to try a melee build.

In terms of the best heroes to raid with you're probably gonna want the best dps heroes. Atm that would be Hulk, Juggs or Venom.

That said you could easily do it with Wolverine.

RaoulDuke

can i get an invite to the supergroup? i have pretty much all of my cow portals and would love to get a group to do them with.

in game name is
AmigoTaco

thanks!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
believe midtown is changing back when the new changes go live which should be this weeks patch

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
noooooooo I love winter city Midtown I want to keep it :(

"for some reason" being Winter Soldier and Cap definitely weren't ready, from what I understand, which I think is a pretty good reason!

Dec

It wasn't bugs that delayed them it was bad design that needed to be fixed.

People hate on the official forums because they are whiners or something but they influence new heroes for the better for almost every release and push for delays when they need to happen.

KePoW

Banned
It wasn't bugs that delayed them it was bad design that needed to be fixed.

People hate on the official forums because they are whiners or something but they influence new heroes for the better for almost every release and push for delays when they need to happen.

but posters on the official forums disagree with each other all the time, so it's not like one opinion (I'm not talking about WS and CA, I mean in general)

it just depends who the Devs listen to in each case

Dec

but posters on the official forums disagree with each other all the time, so it's not like one opinion (I'm not talking about WS and CA, I mean in general)

it just depends who the Devs listen to in each case

The community that tests new patches is different from the one that hangs out in general discussion. There are disagreements in the test forums but for the most part everyone is on the same page in terms of what needs to change to make a hero better.

KePoW

Banned
The community that tests new patches is different from the one that hangs out in general discussion. There are disagreements in the test forums but for the most part everyone is on the same page in terms of what needs to change to make a hero better.

oh I don't do anything on Test Center, dunno about that. I mean all the general complainers on all MMO public forums

Who am I in-game?

haha I'm not even totally sure yet. I have my suspicions. but I'm waiting for solid proof

Started an Xdef with pugs on the weekend for Dailies.

End of wave 1, two of the peeps walk up to the entrance and leave the instance.

Was going to rage, but we were left with my Venom, another Venom and a Hulk.

3 of us getting to wave 18 to save the Daily for the win. Felt good.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Gaz devs actually have a good sense of what feedback to pay attention to. They aren't just doing a majority rule kind of thing, neither reacting to whoever is being most obnoxious.

I mean, I still think people are playing captain america wrong, but this delay made my way of playing in (i.e., shiled bash spam) possibly much stronger.

tl;dr It benefitted me, therefore it was objectively right.

Rhaknar

I'm so ready for a new character, even if it's Bucky. Almost done with Dying light and starting to feel the Marvel itch. These small breaks work wonders

squadr0n

This game is totally killing my wallet lol. This week alone I picked up Wolverine and his x-Force skin, Gambit and his Death skin, and the Team up 2 pack (for Archangel of course!). I seriously cant wait for the new team up update, any ideas when this will start to roll out? I was kind of surprised they didnt give any kind of indication when the update is targeting to release. I understand not knowing when the heroes will be done. I just dont want to start leveling my Wolverine without my Archangel teamup leveling along with me.

I dont really care to see them make Angel a playable hero. What powers would he even use lol.

I dont really care to see them make Angel a playable hero. What powers would he even use lol.

Maybe I made this up in my head, and I can't find it now, but I recall Doomsaw or even Brevik saying something about how he'd have to be a brawler, focusing on flying and punching. Maybe he'd have some momentum-based powers or something like that.

Now, if they were given permission to do it, Archangel would be a much easier hero to build. Or maybe they'd be allowed to do something where Angel would have an Archangel tree like Jean has her Phoenix tree.

Rhaknar

Maybe I made this up in my head, and I can't find it now, but I recall Doomsaw or even Brevik saying something about how he'd have to be a brawler, focusing on flying and punching. Maybe he'd have some momentum-based powers or something like that.

Now, if they were given permission to do it, Archangel would be a much easier hero to build. Or maybe they'd be allowed to do something where Angel would have an Archangel tree like Jean has her Phoenix tree.

Angel still has his metal wings even today so they would absolutely give him a archangel tree

I mean, I still think people are playing captain america wrong, but this delay made my way of playing in (i.e., shiled bash spam) possibly much stronger.

tl;dr It benefitted me, therefore it was objectively right.

You're going to play Captain Cooldown with his new rotation playstyle, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Rhaknar

You're going to play Captain Cooldown with his new rotation playstyle, and there's nothing you can do about it.

The game could use with more cooldowns. It gives structure to rotations. But then again I used to play a lot of mmos :/

Rhaknar

And again, you somehow don't like Strange. So strange. New Cap is great though, you may very well be happy with his structured rotation.

There is no structure to strange, all his cooldown reducing mechanic does is make me spam a bunch of random spells to make other random spells come off cooldown and rinse and repeat until I'm out of spirit.

There is no structure to strange, all his cooldown reducing mechanic does is make me spam a bunch of random spells to make other random spells come off cooldown and rinse and repeat until I'm out of spirit.

I take it you haven't played Strange since they changed Fangs and made the build around it work? You don't mindlessly spam his CDs anymore, and there is a priority to them anyway (thus, structure).

I'm happy as long as I don't have to use a basic.

Then you'll be happy.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
one timed in /social I said "who even uses basics" in response to something, idk, and to my surprise some people seemed straight-up offended by this.

but for real, who even uses basics? Excepting Fangs and maybe one or two others, almost no hero needs a basic.

Top Bottom