• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wooo working on hoping to fix stash tab issue and adding more

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
they are working on Starktech its alot different to what it was thats all they said bout that.

the bug was the stash tabs cause lag/issues for everyone in zone and they need to work the issue out.

what's the issue/bug?

I can't watch the stream so I haven't seen anything
For every extra Tab you have, it takes longer to load zones. This affects both the player and others in the zone.

Agent Nikki repping #TeamKetchup.
GlJrIdS.jpg

sDfS7E2.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i wonder what Starktech is now. maybe the red items ? or set items ?

Makes the armor look like plastic. Anywho, Thing's Fear Itself costume should be decently benefitted by this. Hope it gets one of the slots especially with his review coming up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Carol's Captain Marvel is the one that needs the more work, especially considering she's been captain marvel for like 4 years now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And they should officialy change her name to captain marvel because that's what she is going to be forever now.

Pretty much. Certainly for the game's duration at least

The issue I have with renaming Carol to Captain Marvel is that there's other characters that went by that moniker, more than who went by Ms. Marvel. Additionally, Ms. Marvel is the more established name for the character, at least up until the movie comes out.

That said, I am not against it either.

Sblargh

Banned
The issue I have with renaming Carol to Captain Marvel is that there's other characters that went by that moniker, more than who went by Ms. Marvel. Additionally, Ms. Marvel is the more established name for the character, at least up until the movie comes out.

That's a reasoning I get. I'd argue that Mar-Vell already is an enhanced costume and both Genis-Vell and Phylia-Vell could be, too. Also that Ms. Marvel is another character entirely and this appear to be at least the status quo for now.

But again, I get that reasoning coming from a veteran fanboy like Red. Now, Kepow is a noob, he has no right to have feelings.

Rhaknar

but Ms.Marvel is a totally different person now, even more reason to rename her Captain.

But again, I get that reasoning coming from a veteran fanboy like Red. Now, Kepow is a noob, he has no right to have feelings.

You are looking for reason in Kepow's usual incoherent trolly babbling which sole reason to exist is to try to be funny or stir shit up, both of which fail most of the time. So basically a fools errand

KePoW

Banned
You don't even read the comic. Why not?

I have not read the current Captain Marvel, but I have read a lot of comix with Carol as Ms. Marvel. And I definitely like the looks of her as MM much more. Yeah it's a completely superficial reason, but I don't have a problem with that. I like girls in revealing clothing in real life, why wouldn't I want that in comix and video games too

You are looking for reason in Kepow's usual incoherent trolly babbling which sole reason to exist is to try to be funny or stir shit up, both of which fail most of the time. So basically a fools errand

Why do you have a problem with me? You seem like an opinionated irritable person, not just in this thread. Are you the type who gets annoyed with people in real life easily too?

You should be a lot more laid-back, but you get wound up a lot. I could be wrong though, so I'm just asking

Sblargh

Banned
That's what costumes are for. I can see the large logistical problem in changing her default (tho I think they wouldn't do it even when changing the name), but that's every character.

You don't like what the character is wearing, you give Gaz all your monies and get the costume you like. That's capitalism. Do you hate capitalism, Kepow?

KePoW

Banned
That's what costumes are for. I can see the large logistical problem in changing her default (tho I think they wouldn't do it even when changing the name), but that's every character.

You don't like what the character is wearing, you give Gaz all your monies and get the costume you like.

That's what I do haha. I bought all the sexy MM costumes, and I certainly will never buy the Captain Marvel one (unless they modify it a lot).

I was talking about why would they completely change her name to Captain Marvel in the game?

That's a reasoning I get. I'd argue that Mar-Vell already is an enhanced costume and both Genis-Vell and Phylia-Vell could be, too. Also that Ms. Marvel is another character entirely and this appear to be at least the status quo for now.

There's also Monica Rambeau and Noh-Varr, who do not possess the Mar-Vell and offshoot powerset.
Phyla also has a sword, the omitting of which would be kinda sad.

but Ms.Marvel is a totally different person now, even more reason to rename her Captain.

Why aren't you adamant about renaming Thor to Odinson, then? He's no longer Thor, as he is no longer worthy of Mjolnir. A woman is now carrying the hammer and took the name of Thor, while the man we knew as Thor is now Odinson. Time to rename him, as well?

Drayco21

You just don't want Kamala in the game :(

I mean, I don't like Kamala or want her playable, but that's not here nor there. If you want to keep one character up to date, you should keep all of them so. Eddie has been Toxin for about as long as Carol has been Captain Marvel (a couple months longer, actually), and it's been longer than a decade since Eddie was actually Venom anyway.

KePoW

Banned
Why aren't you adamant about renaming Thor to Odinson, then? He's no longer Thor, as he is no longer worthy of Mjolnir. A woman is now carrying the hammer and took the name of Thor, while the man we knew as Thor is now Odinson. Time to rename him, as well?

exactly, I really don't see why they should completely rename a character in the game -- there would be a few examples like this

Rhaknar

Well I think Flash Venom should be in the game, not Eddie. Like you said Eddie hasn't been Venom in 10 years.

And Thor is a terrible example because A) The female one is barely a few months old and B) we know it's temporary, and Carol not only has been Captain since 2012 (you know, before the game came out) but more importantly, with the movie in 2018 she will most likely stay as Captain for a long time, probably as long as the game will last in fact

But I do admit that her default costume is a issue, it's not just changing the nam, I forgot that part :/

Edit: actually the easiest solution and what I would like, and would think it would be easy to implement, is for the damn character select screen to reflect your costumes and then name them accordingly

Edit: actually the easiest solution and what I would like, and would think it would be easy to implement, is for the damn character select screen to reflect your costumes and then name them accordingly

Yes, this. Solution to everything. Let player decide the continuity and series they want represented.

Drayco21

Well I think Flash Venom should be in the game, not Eddie. Like you said Eddie hasn't been Venom in 10 years.

And Thor is a terrible example because A) The female one is barely a few months old and B) we know it's temporary, and Carol not only has been Captain since 2012 (you know, before the game came out) but more importantly, with the movie in 2018 she will most likely stay as Captain for a long time, probably as long as the game will last in fact

But I do admit that her default costume is a issue, it's not just changing the nam, I forgot that part :/

You're good people, Rhaknar. Good people with good opinions.

Marvel Heroes takes place on Earth 212345 so none of the things that happen in 616 matter only sometimes or whatever.

Pfft, Marvel Heroes is Earth temporary reality number 258 and hasn't been assigned it's own multiverse designation yet, nerd. Don't you religiously edit the Marvel Wiki to keep up on your multiversal shenanigans?

I wish Marvel games played with this fact more often.

inky

I bet changing the name would set back updates for like 6 months due to unforeseen bugs :p

The reason we don't see costumes in the roster select screen is because they would mess with the current order the heroes appear in after all. Or so I've heard.

Rhaknar

I know that we know that the game's Venom is Eddie... but does he ever actually say that? It could technically be anyone in there, it could be Gargan since he keeps talking about eating people anyway

Edit: I know it has to be Eddie to be considered a "hero" btw

Sblargh

Banned
The man formerly known as Thor and the woman currently known as Thor share powersets to a reasonable degree, so an enhanced costume to just show they are different characters is enough (same with Venom and Toxin or Gargan for example).

Kamala is a whole different thing and she's Ms. Marvel. I also didn't mentioned Monica Rambeau because her powers are so different; I actually like that character a lot, but she's been known simply as Monica Rambeau for more than a decade now, I believe.
-

Now, here's a problem for y'all. How do you explain the game or the MCU in canon once all realities mesh into the one battleworld? We're months away from "616" being meaningless. I guess we need to fast forward to how the status quo will be next year, but, say, if the game is indeed a sort of multiversional nexus, then it will, at the very least, be destroyed during Secret Wars and be rebuilt later.

Will it acknowledge it? What about the cartoons and the movies?

Marvel has shot themselves in the foot. I am an expert in shooting myself in the foot....... or something like that.

KePoW

Banned
Pfft, Marvel Heroes is Earth temporary reality number 258 and hasn't been assigned it's own multiverse designation yet, nerd. Don't you religiously edit the Marvel Wiki to keep up on your multiversal shenanigans?

I wish Marvel games played with this fact more often.

Now, here's a problem for y'all. How do you explain the game or the MCU in canon once all realities mesh into the one battleworld? We're months away from "616" being meaningless. I guess we need to fast forward to how the status quo will be next year, but, say, if the game is indeed a sort of multiversional nexus, then it will, at the very least, be destroyed during Secret Wars and be rebuilt later.

Marvel has shot themselves in the foot. I am an expert in shooting myself in the foot....... or something like that.

I thought Marvel video games and Marvel movies were actually different universe Numbers??

Sblargh

Banned
I thought Marvel video games and Marvel movies were actually different universe Numbers??

They are, but multiverse is crumbling into one. Spoiler from last week's New Avengers:

There's actually only a dozen or so of universes left from the point of view of the 616

Marvel's next even is about all of those universes collapsing into a single thing called battleworld; which is basically a panagea planet where each region is a different universe/timeline.

Again, it's probable that the multiverse will still exist after secret wars and that not all universes will have a memory of those events, but it would still be cool if there was a special one-of-a-time event on the game to acknowledge that the multiverse is going apeshit.

Drayco21

here's a problem for y'all. How do you explain the game or the MCU in canon once all realities mesh into the one battleworld? We're months away from "616" being meaningless. I guess we need to fast forward to how the status quo will be next year, but, say, if the game is indeed a sort of multiversional nexus, then it will, at the very least, be destroyed during Secret Wars and be rebuilt later.

Battleworld isn't actually composed of every Marvel universe, obviously- the sheer enormity of the event would be totally unwritable if that were true, even with books like Deadpool Kills Deadpool, Spider-Verse, and Hickman's New Avengers paring down the scale of the muliverse. Hell, it's implied that they're not even going to bother tying Spider-Gwen into the event, and that her book is going to stay self-contained in her own universe outside of Battleworld, since they're only just now launching it. They'd never saddle their money-making movie and video games with dumb peasant comic books. Battleworld is only composed of some of the multiverse, just a the original Battleworld was only composed of whatever planets The Beyonder wanted and felt like using.

The multiverse will continue to exist during and after Secret Wars, the only question in the air is how different 616 is going to be. Also what it's new name will be,because top brass at Marvel fucking hate the name 616, since it was just a random meaningless number Alan Moore threw out there to not be called Earth-1 or something, and the fans ran with it as canon until they were forced to accept it.

Again, it's probable that the multiverse will still exist after secret wars and that not all universes will have a memory of those events, but it would still be cool if there was a special one-of-a-time event on the game to acknowledge that the multiverse is going apeshit.

They really could do some incredible shit with this. It'd be the perfect way to justify PVP and why so many of the same hero run around Avengers Tower, and it could lead to some really cool story content. They should really lean into this more.

Sblargh

Banned
Battleworld itself isn't, but isn't the premise that the entire multiverse is actually crumbling? That the infinite somehow got reduced to a finite number which will in turn be reduced to one?

The Secret Wars reboot only will affect the Marvel comic universes, as far as I heard. The secondary media universes (games, TV shows, movies, whatever else) is not going to be affected by this.

@Rhaknar: Flash Venom will be made playable eventually, anyway. It doesn't really matter if Eddie hasn't been Venom for a decade, either, because the Marvel Heroes universe is a place where there can be 5 Hulks fighting Black Cat and a bunch of HYDRA agents in front of the X-Mansion.

Ms. Marvel is the name she was known for better at the time - she was Captain Marvel barely a year when the game went into beta, and she was on the starting roster. This is regardless of the current events, and the future of the character.

Top Bottom