• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Sblargh

Banned
You're not being nerd enough Red, I'm not talking about the metastory of how the editors of Marvel who are employers of Disney are handling this. I'm talking that, in lore, if the game exists on the same multiverse as the comics, then something happening to that entire multiverse should also happen in the game.

Like, if I was omnipotent and stuff; I would first erase Kepow from existence, obviously, then end world hunger... maybe. But what I would definetly do would be, in the day of the launch of the first Secret Wars comics, to have a Marvel blackout. No cartoons, games servers down, MvC machines turned off. The day the fucking multiverse ended, 24 hours where all of the marvel universes hang in the balance.

I'M NOT CRAZY FUCK YOU YOU ARE

You're not being nerd enough Red, I'm not talking about the metastory of how the editors of Marvel who are employers of Disney are handling this. I'm talking that, in lore, if the game exists on the same multiverse as the comics, then something happening to that entire multiverse should also happen in the game.

Yeah, I realized that after I saw the posts that were made between your initial one and mine.

It would be neat to have them acknowledge it somehow. The Facebook game actually is doing it, they've implemented incursions (which were the precursor to Secret Wars) into their main storyline.

Drayco21

Battleworld itself isn't, but isn't the premise that the entire multiverse is actually crumbling? That the infinite somehow got reduced to a finite number which will in turn be reduced to one?

Yes, the multiverse is in the process of dying, but it can't actually die because Marvel can't actually kill it. The endgame here has to be discovering how to prevent what the root cause of the multiverse's death and stopping it- the incursion events have just been a time-buying stopgap, and since it seems like the Battleworld is assembled in the middle of an incursion between 616 and Ultimate, it also seems like the existence of Battleworld itself is slowing down or temporarily staving off the end for our heroes long enough for someone to figure shit out and save existence.

Unless I've missed some interviews, everything I've heard about the nature of this new universe is that it's going to take a bunch of multiverse elements and characters and form a new mainstream reality out of the ashes of the universes thrown together into Battleworld, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all the multiverse is being parred down to a 52 style thing first. That said, every single word to come out of a Marvel suit's mouth before the story hits prints isn't to be trusted, because they will lie through their teeth about the scale, nature of the story and the plot to do whatever it takes to sell books, so with us still being far enough out from the event that only Hickman is building to it, it's hard to say right now for sure.

Edit: I would be super into the idea of the servers being down all day on launch day for "connectivity to the nexus of multiversal reality" issues, and to replace that days Marvel cartoons with solid 30 minute chunks of static, because that would be the craziest most brilliant shit.

Sblargh

Banned
Well, from New Avengers:
from what I understood, there's actually only one more incursion left for the 616, which also happens to be between the very last two universes

Drayco21

Well, from New Avengers:
from what I understood, there's actually only one more incursion left for the 616, which also happens to be between the very last two universes

I want to say I've fallen behind by an issue,
is this another incursion after the 616/Ultimate Incursion?

Sblargh

Banned
I want to say I've fallen behind by an issue,
is this another incursion after the 616/Ultimate Incursion?

Let me see if I can get a Reed quote; oh, it's actually T'Challa: "Reed thinks we're going to miss them all [of the incursions left] except for one... the last one"

Captain America: "and then what happens?"

Reed: "We have no idea"

It's from New Avengers 029 btw.

KePoW

Banned
They are, but multiverse is crumbling into one.

Marvel's next even is about all of those universes collapsing into a single thing called battleworld; which is basically a panagea planet where each region is a different universe/timeline.

Ok did not know that. That actually sounds kinda kool, I'll have to catch up

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have they said if Ant Man will be pym or lang? One assumes lang with the movie and latest book (and pym being giant man again these days )

Drayco21

Let me see if I can get a Reed quote; oh, it's actually T'Challa: "Reed thinks we're going to miss them all [of the incursions left] except for one... the last one"

Captain America: "and then what happens?"

Reed: "We have no idea"

It's from New Avengers 029 btw.

Oh, right. Sometimes I feel like Hickman's writing causes me to lose the scale he's actually writing about, if that makes any sense.

Have they said if Ant Man will be pym or lang? One assumes lang with the movie and latest book (and pym being giant man again these days )

They insisted last year it'd be Pym. On the comments on stream a few weeks ago, they hinted he may be like Nova, and have two identities at launch.

Sblargh

Banned
No, I get it, I love Hickman, but sometimes he turns on the exposition machine and it goes insane.

This issue was basically the illuminati explaining to the rest of us what is going on.

Last night I saw someone advertising Cosmics (and even an epic) in the trade chat...

im4cotkiCCULZ.jpg

I didnt even know you could get Cosmics which gave +2 to to all powers. I have never seen over 1000 crit damage on a Cosmic item either. Very nice.
He also wanted 10 GoKs for this one...

I have no interest in Psylocke (in this game), so Im not sure why this particular item is so valuable. 10 GoKs is alot!

Dec

Last night I saw someone advertising Cosmics (and even an epic) in the trade chat...

I didnt even know you could get Cosmics which gave +2 to to all powers. I have never seen over 1000 crit damage on a Cosmic item either. Very nice.
He also wanted 10 GoKs for this one...

I have no interest in Psylocke (in this game), so Im not sure why this particular item is so valuable. 10 GoKs is alot!

Cosmics are better than uniques in a lot of cases, just too hard to get perfect ones. Psylocke slot 5 is a good example where even a pretty good cosmic is better than her unique.

That one in particular is damn near perfect, the only thing I would change is the katana typoon ranks to kirisute gomen.

I also use a cosmic slot 5 on Moon Knight and a cosmic slot 1 on Hawkeye (this one makes a huge difference because his bow is terrible).

Don't both of those say "not tradeable"?

Unbind

Edit: Also if you are farming for good cosmics you pick up epics in that slot too because you get way more of them, making it more likely to find what you're looking for. Then you use the crafting recipe to upgrade it to a cosmic item and hope rng favours you with the cosmic affix (like might or bulwark). You can sell the epic for cheaper and let someone else upgrade to cosmic if you don't want to use the 500k credits and unstable that the recipe costs.

I also use a cosmic slot 5 on Moon Knight and a cosmic slot 1 on Hawkeye (this one makes a huge difference because his bow is terrible).

Interesting. I'd have assumed you could have found a decent "any hero" unique to replace Hawkeyes bow. What makes that Cosmic so great? Super high crit chance and/or damage?

Dec

Interesting. I'd have assumed you could have found a decent "any hero" unique to replace Hawkeyes bow. What makes that Cosmic so great? Super high crit chance and/or damage?

2M94qTU.png
i4qwvx624uc0y.png

His unique and my slot 1 currently.

Swapping to the cosmic my spender (three round burst) goes from rank 38 to 49, signature rank goes from 33 to 44. These are the only 2 abilities that really matter when it comes to running terminals.

His unique would give 6 to his signature and nerve gas and nothing else really.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It takes like 30 seconds to check the TC forums, all of the changes are easy to find.

I like reading them from Frost, it's the same reason I like to know about comics from the comics thread and not randomly googling it

You seem extra testy lately, who pissed in your corn flakes or whatever Canadians eat?

squadr0n

Is there a way to skip ahead in the story to a section your currently properly leveled for if you've already completed it with a different hero?

Just switched too Gambit and I'm so loving his combat and death skin. Have a ton of exp boosters but don't want to waste them on lower trash. Can't wait for archangel team up, please hurry Gazillion!

Sblargh

Banned
Sblarbh how come u never get pissed off or upset??

Zoloft

Is there a way to skip ahead in the story to a section your currently properly leveled for if you've already completed it with a different hero?

Just switched too Gambit and I'm so loving his combat and death skin. Have a ton of exp boosters but don't want to waste them on lower trash. Can't wait for archangel team up, please hurry Gazillion!

Yes. Once you do a story once, all the waypoints are unlocked to all your heroes. But if you're only interested in leveling, you should ignore story entirely. My thing is holo-sim until 20 and then legendary quests until 60. Then when you're awesome, you go back and do only the story bits that reward you (I'm lazy and don't know what they are exactly, so I just do the last thing of every chapter)

squadr0n

Yes. Once you do a story once, all the waypoints are unlocked to all your heroes. But if you're only interested in leveling, you should ignore story entirely. My thing is holo-sim until 20 and then legendary quests until 60. Then when you're awesome, you go back and do only the story bits that reward you (I'm lazy and don't know what they are exactly, so I just do the last thing of every chapter)

OK sorry, im kinda new coming back. What are these holo sim and legendary quests and where do I find them on my ui?

Sblargh

Banned
I put this to the test and he insulted my mother and threatened me with violence.

Don't discuss our private life on the forum. Jeez.

Also, I didn't insulted your mother unless you think that working in the sex industry is insulting. Do you think that, Declarius? Do you those women are less than you because of their job?

OK sorry, im kinda new coming back. What are these holo sim and legendary quests and where do I find them on my ui?

Holo-Sim is under the Challenges tab on the waypoint and Legendary Quests can be seen in either the quest log or the Mission Tracker (under the map).

squadr0n

Holo-Sim is under the Challenges tab on the waypoint and Legendary Quests can be seen in either the quest log or the Mission Tracker (under the map).

Thanks, I was wondering when to check those out. Should I finish the story atleast once or does it really matter?

Is there a Gaf clan/Supergroup by any chance?

Sblargh

Banned
Yep, what is your ingame name, someone will invite you, if they don't, then I will, I got your back, bro.

And you should finish the story once on each difficulty because, I believe, there are a bunch of splinters as a one time only reward at the end. (100 splinters, I think)

but you said she was such a poor prostitute that she would fuck you for free.

TMI declarius.
T M I

Dec

Don't discuss our private life on the forum. Jeez.

Also, I didn't insulted your mother unless you think that working in the sex industry is insulting. Do you think that, Declarius? Do you those women are less than you because of their job?

but you said she was such a poor prostitute that she would fuck you for free.

squadr0n

Yep, what is your ingame name, someone will invite you, if they don't, then I will, I got your back, bro.

And you should finish the story once on each difficulty because, I believe, there are a bunch of splinters as a one time only reward at the end. (100 splinters, I think)

Ok thanks for the info guys, it helps alot

ingame name is silverrex (wish I could change this lol)

Ok thanks for the info guys, it helps alot

ingame name is silverrex (wish I could change this lol)

You can change it but you would have to pay.

Also, just to clarify, you no longer get splinters as a story reward. You should have been granted 400 as a log in reward on your second day.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
and my quest for getting a new ms marvel costume keeps going a reply from Lord now :D

QueenOfHunting
February 2
hey lord would you be able to say if ms marvel is getting any new costume soon ^^

Lord
Lord
5:01AM
I can say that Ms. Marvel is not on the schedule for the next month at least. However, I am fully aware it has been awhile and that Mar-Vell is not the same as Ms. marvel. :)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The melee build I have for Winter Soldier is doing a lot better dps now on the test centre however it's still quite boring and he also can't take a hit at all.

Yeah it is a shame they seem dead set against providing him passive regen/healing. He needs it badly.

An interesting note regarding the Story mode overhaul:

Because people play very differently, spending different amount of times in zones, it's difficult to be definitive about this, but the expectation is most people would be at or very close to 60 after finishing the story mode unless you blitzed through it skipping everything you can.

Will be interesting to see how they accomplish that given that it barely takes you to 30 as it is now.

More tidbits here.

Top Bottom