• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

LuuKyK

That would be great actually. I spend way more time and have way more fun gearing up my character on end-game than actually leveling it up, which to be fair can get quite boring at times.

Drayco21

I can only assume this means they'll need to actually start adding content to the story mode again, I'll be pretty hyped for that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bucky tomorowfriday for sure this time? I have nothing to play after finishing Dying Light
except the other 2 thousand or so games but sshhhhh
and the Marvel bug is biting again bad for this weekend

KePoW

Banned
They're scrapping the difficulty system. So just one time through, doing the new side events and whatnot, and you should be 60.

That would be great actually. I spend way more time and have way more fun gearing up my character on end-game than actually leveling it up, which to be fair can get quite boring at times.

I can only assume this means they'll need to actually start adding content to the story mode again, I'll be pretty hyped for that.

are yall actually going to do the entire Story with each character though? or still level through LQs/X-DEF/Holo-Sim ??

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We'll have to cross that bridge when we get there. Whatever is most efficient.

with new characters or existing? as long as story mode has skill / health / spirit points ill do it. but ive done it all with all existing characters so /shrug

LuuKyK

are yall actually going to do the entire Story with each character though? or still level through LQs/X-DEF/Holo-Sim ??

Doing the entire story mode ONCE is definitely faster than whatever we do to level up characters now (hours and hours of rinse and repeat events on XDEF, Holo Sim, MM, ICP). So yeah, I guess. Unless they change story mode drastically of course, which I doubt they will.

Drayco21

I'd rather play through the story mode and mix up with occasional LQs here and there with every character than sit through mind numbing hours of repeating LQs like right now.

KePoW

Banned
Doing the entire story mode ONCE is definitely faster than whatever we do to level up characters now (hours and hours of rinse and repeat events on XDEF, Holo Sim, MM, ICP). So yeah, I guess. Unless they change story mode drastically of course, which I doubt they will.

oh I'm assuming the time to complete the new Story Mode will be longer than right now

but I guess none of us know except for fro

LuuKyK

oh I'm assuming the time to complete the new Story Mode will be longer than right now

but I guess none of us know except for fro

But what can they possibly do to expand the time you need to finish the story mode? I dont see any viable options. They can add a new chapter but thats not going to make it much longer.

KePoW

Banned
But what can they possibly do to expand the time you need to finish the story mode? I dont see any viable options. They can add a new chapter but thats not going to make it much longer.

I'm not sure. I will PM fro and let u know if I hear back

LuuKyK

Who the hell is Fro?

Edit: Oh, you mean Frost? lol You know you could just ask him in the thread right? Why PM him at all? :p

Rhaknar

just got a mail from Blizzard saying im in the Heroes beta.

welp

Rhaknar

Dont abandon us.

nah, I actually never got into mobas. well, you never know, I might get hooked, but its not like I played lol or dota. its more curiosity based on the universe(s) than anything. and a real life friend of mine plays it too

LuuKyK

nah, I actually never got into mobas. well, you never know, I might get hooked, but its not like I played lol or dota. its more curiosity based on the universe(s) than anything. and a real life friend of mine plays it too

I actually always wanted to try it, but I lost my blizzard account due to inactivity or something, so I never even bothered. lol

Edit: I mean, Battle net, or whatever its called. I created one to play Starcraft 2 when it launched but got bored way to quickly so it didnt even last that long. D:

LuuKyK

i thought u play Diablo 3 or WoW?

Actually, you are right, I did play Diablo 3 (although I wish I didn't because talk about disappointment). So scratch that, I created a new one to play it instead of Starcraft. lol The rest remains true.

Never played WoW though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I play all the blizzard games and kepow still forgets who I am on b.net!

Add in extra events into all the zones. These extra quests will no doubt be big exp givers.

Spoiler time? Spoiler time!

Prisoner Loki

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-04.02.15.x3.png

Tux Mr. Fixit Hulk

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-04.02.15.x2.png

Red Star-Lord (FINALLY!!)

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-04.02.15.x4.png

Original Firestar

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-04.02.15.x5.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Red starlord is the hotness.

Prisoner loki is the... why?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im gonna go ahead an guess those costumes are linked to hero achievements or achievements in general. doomsaw mentioned other week which i posted hulk would be getting a costume from achievements. so the prisoner loki makes sense in that aspect too i guess

between what space and lord said to me i think ms marvel is getting a costume soon. especially compared to what dink said back in jan

Rhaknar

Firestar... Johnny costume or team up variant?

Yup, gotta be achievement costumes- will buy Star-Lord if they aren't, though. Finally, the best Star-Lord costume will be available in-game.

16j4jyx.jpg1_.gif

Drayco21

Yup, gotta be achievement costumes- will buy Star-Lord if they aren't, though. Finally, the best Star-Lord costume will be available in-game. His boots and gloves should be solid colors though. Red gloves, and solid black boots.

Achievements will award variant costumes (Queeny is correct in that regard), and presumably Team Ups too if that Firestar is any indication.

That Star-Lord one is really nice.

Looking at some of the items that are also hidden in the patch with the costumes it does seem to suggest these are achievement rewards. Although some of them don't really give a clue to what they could be.

LuuKyK

I thought the Firestar costume was an Enhanced for Human Torch. :(

Since when does TUs have alt costumes? Or is it going to be a separate TU?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

probs since the revamp they are doing ?

team ups are going to have a skill set and synergy's

I think it would be a separate TU. After all, I doubt they'll merge Spidey and black Spidey, King Thor and Beta Ray Bill, or the upcoming Angel and Archangel. Right?

speaking of which I bought the TU pack 2. My spending with this game has to end aaaaa

Rhaknar

angel / archangel in the team up advance pack?

brood wolverine / xforce wolverine?

groot / xmas groot?

edit: heroes of the storm seems...neat. im not usually into competitive games tho so im not sure how much it will grab me. might buy this bundle of 3 heroes for 5€ tho, thats cheap enough

angel / archangel in the team up advance pack?

brood wolverine / xforce wolverine?

groot / xmas groot?

edit: heroes of the storm seems...neat. im not usually into competitive games tho so im not sure how much it will grab me. might buy this bundle of 3 heroes for 5€ tho, thats cheap enough

Angel and Archangel are different Team Ups. Like Spider-Woman and Arachne.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
at this point i should have just pmed Frost about a ms marvel costume lmao

wow David is awesome

AgentParks
I feel like I was run over by a truck today, but that stream was a ton of fun. We were able to raise money for the Second Harvest Food Bank at http://www.shfb.org/, and of course we got the RIF/SIF/XP boosts in-game out of it.

In addition to the $350 we donated to the SHFB yesterday, @Xarex requested that we donate another $2000 today. This will buy THOUSANDS of meals for the less fortunate in the area. Thanks, Mr. B!

One of our players, @Blev, donated quite a bit of money as well. Thanks, Blev!

C4AnFW5.png

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im double posting and i love it lol

changes to winter on tc

A new build is now on Test Center that contains further adjustments as we continue to iterate on Winter Soldier. Here are the notes from the changes from the previous build:

Enhanced Arsenal and Bionic Combat are no longer toggle powers, but anti-requisite passives that are always on. Tooltips for these powers clarified.

Bionic Shockwave now performs a leap to cursor location before slamming down in an AoE.

Suppressing Fire now also grants Spirit per enemy defeat when modified by the Bionic Combat passive.

Withering Fire now also grants bonus damage to Firearms powers when modified by the Expanded Arsenal passive.

Three-Round Burst now grants 10% bonus damage, critical chance and brutal chance per successive shot when modified by the Expanded Arsenal passive.

Under-Slung Grenade Launcher now applies a Weaken effect to targets struck.

Lay the Trap Terrify effect now should only trigger when modified by the Expanded Arsenal passive, as intended.

Dispatch should now correctly apply Stealth and reset cooldown upon killing an enemy.

Reposition should now only appear once in Winter Soldier's power trees, as intended.

In addition to the above, many powers should see slight damage changes from further tuning adjustments.

Well now I'm liking ranged WS more than melee. The knife throw is sufficiently beefy especially with its dot, and the Withering Fire skill is much quicker to use. Don't enjoy his melee build due to how squishy he is. Sadly, his hybrid builds suck. For all the talk about him being primarily hybrid there's no real way to make proper use of both trees at once. The bonus effects from the passives really lock you into what skills you can use aside from one neutral power in each tree. He's in a better state for sure though. My biggest complaints at this point are his horrible defenses and lack of proper aoe. He has three aoe moves without cooldowns and none of them are effective when spammed.

Cap got even better this build too. It's hilarious how much better he is than Bucky in both offense and defense.

Top Bottom