• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

There's way more Sentinel waves now, too.
Also seen a lot more people die on boss waves, especially if the purple bosses or Sentinel waves overlapped with the event bosses.

Sblargh

Banned
Ok, wow, midtown is insane. It is great, but no longer the chill out grindy experience of before. Everything is always happening all the time.

Sblargh

Banned
I think they will rebalance it somewhat.

heretic said:
The intent was to increase the pace a little, but it's entirely possible it's been increased a tad too much.

Also, they removed some types of mobs, but their LQ still point there (I think everyone from demons and sorcerers are gone). It's a mess, but I also find it fun. It's like ICP, but nobody is telling me what to do.

Yeah I'll definitely miss the chill experience of old Midtown. It was a lot less hectic. I hope we'll get something similar again at some point.

Also, they removed some types of mobs, but their LQ still point there (I think everyone from demons and sorcerers are gone). It's a mess, but I also find it fun. It's like ICP, but nobody is telling me what to do.

Nah, there's still the ambushes for the Hand ninjas available, and a lot more manholes with them.
Haven't seen demons, frost giants/dark elves, AIM, Hydra mechs or Servoguards (did see the other Doombots tho) at all. Also have only seen 1 single Brood Scout (the little shooty bugs), but no actual Brood waves. Might've been a leftover from somebody else though.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah I'll definitely miss the chill experience of old Midtown. It was a lot less hectic. I hope we'll get something similar again at some point.

Nah, there's still the ambushes for the Hand ninjas available, and a lot more manholes with them.
Haven't seen demons, frost giants/dark elves, AIM, Hydra mechs or Servoguards (did see the other Doombots tho) at all. Also have only seen 1 single Brood Scout (the little shooty bugs), but no actual Brood waves. Might've been a leftover from somebody else though.

Other people on the forum noticed the Hand missing, also clicking manholes was doing nothing to me and other people. Maybe it's a bug from just some instances.

Vecks

Boss respawns in midtown are ridiculous. I hope they tone it down a bit. It's way faster than ICP, almost instant really. Good for farming I guess, but it keeps triggering my instinct to head for the markers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
won my first heroes of the storm match, I shall now retire with a 100% win ratio

it was fun, I can see the appeal of them mobas

won my first heroes of the storm match, I shall now retire with a 100% win ratio

it was fun, I can see the appeal of them mobas

Now come back and level Bucky and finish just in time for Odin's Bounty.

The times:

rFrgqte.jpg

ZQdKrx0.jpg

GbEIfZB.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Now come back and level Bucky and finish just in time for Odin's Bounty.

you said Bucky sucks!

edit: also it only starts at 11pm for me lol. back to HOTS then, another one bites the moba dust :(

Rhaknar

That's why you level him now during the 138% exp boost and get it over with so you can get on to real things.

lvl 12 im liking him. you suck Frosty! :(

seriously tho, im digging the ranged animations. I like the knife and the quick burst rifle with cooldown. thats alls I got so far!

edit: real talk, I prefer the default costume. Movie costume is too...black. I like the brown straps on the default, and the arm looks shinier too. the lack of mask is fine in a game when you never see their faces anyway

Sblargh

Banned
I joke about Bucky being Captain America's teenage sidekick (which isn't false), but the Winter Soldier is actually a very cool character. Especially now that he is an interdimensional space assassin or something.

What he needs is that one writer who uses this to create something amazing; but the character itself is in a very good place.

Lord Phol

Just noticed that highlighting your attributes now shows your total benefit from the amount you have. About time.

Noticed this as well, really nice feature.

Hope I can play some this weekend. Currently juggling a ton of games atm (Metroid Prime, Dying Lights, Heroes of the storm, RE: Remake) so haven't really been playing much Marvel. Was fun running cows with some guildies yesterday though!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
xdef fucking sucks wave 16 only gives you 1 token now

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It must just be a bug. That would make it the largest time commitment of all of the shared quests by a large margin.

To the point where people just wouldn't do it all anymore. So yeah, I am thinking bug.

I haven't had a chance to check out new midtown yet, looking forward to it though!

Rhaknar

Bucky is about as exciting as every other gun hero in the game

>_>

:/

inky

That's a bummer. I'll wait for a review.

My Sweet FX profile stopped working the other day. Damn, I forgot how bad the game looked without it :p

Is it due to the 64 bit executable that was added to Steam a while back? Did the game start launching that one automatically?

Dec

That's a bummer. I'll wait for a review.

My Sweet FX profile stopped working the other day. Damn, I forgot how bad the game looked without it :p

Is it due to the 64 bit executable that was added to Steam a while back? Did the game start launching that one automatically?

Yes on 64bit OS the 64bit client is the default. SweetFX does not work in 64bit games.

There is a 64bit version of SMAA so you can get that as an AA solution still but none of the other stuff sweetfx offers.

You should be able to choose the 32bit client, probably through the same method people used to 64bit client before it was default.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bucky's melee build would be fun if one of the primary mechanics that made it worthwhile wasn't still broken (dispatch cooldown resetting on kill)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I like melee Bucky's playstyle quite a bit, Dispatch bug aside. But his lack of health regen makes cosmics on him severely un-fun.

I never tried clicking on the manholes, I just saw them being all shiny.
lol, the Hand are like the best way to complete like 3-4 of the legendary quests.

I can't think of which ones off the top of my head though, I haven't played in a while.

The Demon/Summoner one
Paramilitary

but I think there's 1-2 more. One spawn completes a quest.

Dec

ok yeah, the 64-bit package doesn't seem to be the same and i couldn't get it to work

It's apparently inconsistent. Some games work, some don't, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (even just restarting the game it can not work the next load).

If you have the power you can use MSAA.

Sblargh

Banned
All right, captain america to lvl 60, I put all my l33t gear on him and my TTK is 1:40ish (I'm sitting at 2300 omegas kinda)

My main rotation is vibranium bash -> torque shield throw -> shield bounce.
I tried something I thought it would be better on the dummy by replacing tst by aerial assault and bounce by toss, but time didn't seem to change, so I dunno.

What I'm happy about is how smooth indestructible shield and patriotic soldier (challenge?) fits in the rotation; so even against the dummy, I'm shielding myself and tauting even tho I obviously don't need to.

Now, Captain is obviously my main at this point. I already thought he was fun to play before, but now he is just the GOAT hero of this game. Great damage, great survivability; 3 auras on at all times with a 4th activated by a taunt that makes sense, fun powers, serum mechanic is pointless, but it doesn't stand in the way (there's no serum management whatsoever, it doesn't even deteriorate with time like other secondary resources, so it basically sits there full forever). Great in single target, great for clearing terminals.

This is it friends.

This is our hero.

Edit: I'm using a horrible armored core without 25%hp and spirit regen and even then, I have 0 spirit issues (tho I'm using the spirit relic). Signature also hit Mr. Hyde for 7 million damage. I don't think I ever went that high in one hit.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
ok yeah, the 64-bit package doesn't seem to be the same and i couldn't get it to work

I feel like we need to institute some goddamn rules in this thread, number 1 being you are not allowed to break character like this. you're ruining my immersion

Dec

My Cap rotation is sloppy as fuck, I need to play him more to get used to it.

Despite that my ttk is about 40 seconds. There are some slots I can improve a bit that I will work on.

I think with more attempts and a flawless rotation execution I can get it very low. Maybe 35, after that my ultimate rank is holding me back because of the 20% damage to signature lost.

Anoregon

I wish some of Cap's QOL managed to bleed into Taskmaster somehow. I want him to be a powerhouse worth really playing.

KePoW

Banned
whoa r u guys like some computer graphix pros??

its grafix buddie. that way it's a lot shorter to type out

Hey r you the guy with big Cable shoulder pads

It's apparently inconsistent. Some games work, some don't, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (even just restarting the game it can not work the next load).

If you have the power you can use MSAA.

Ah ok, I didn't know MSAA worked with MH's version of UE. I thought you can't even use it with some UE games

I feel like we need to institute some goddamn rules in this thread, number 1 being you are not allowed to break character like this. you're ruining my immersion

Roger, got it!

Rhaknar

that picture of Cap is making me feel like less of a man >_>

Next design review should be Invisible Woman unless they randomly moved someone up.

serum mechanic is pointless, but it doesn't stand in the way (there's no serum management whatsoever, it doesn't even deteriorate with time like other secondary resources, so it basically sits there full forever).

Only cause you're ignoring AA. It's so good, why don't you like it?

KePoW

Banned
ok wait... There are 3 completely different answers above for next review lol. Let's have s contest to see who ends up correct

Top Bottom