• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Dec

ok wait... There are 3 completely different answers above for next review lol. Let's have s contest to see who ends up correct

52 review is Punisher, this is 100%

I saw a dev post a few days ago saying the next update was NightCrawler, I'm trying to find it.

9EgMPTQ.png

It was hard to find because it wasn't a forum post.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ooh, NC would be great. He has always been a favorite character of mine and he feels a lot of fun with all his teleporting, just needs to be brought up to modern hero levels a bit.

ok wait... There are 3 completely different answers above for next review lol. Let's have s contest to see who ends up correct

QoL and review are two separate things. Punisher is 100% the next review. The next QoL is up in the air atm. Most likely IW or NC though.

Edit: Already answered, that's what I get for not noticing that another page had occurred.

Dec

QoL and review are two separate things. Punisher is 100% the next review. The next QoL is up in the air atm. Most likely IW or NC though.

Edit: Already answered, that's what I get for not noticing that another page had occurred.

They have requested people not call them QoL because that term is generally used for small changes, and these updates are a lot more. That said I have no idea what to call them now, which is probably the source of confusion.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Got 5 odin marks today

DEFINITELY DID NOT receive them yesterday, don't know whether I got anything or got nothing

Dec

Got 5 odin marks today

DEFINITELY DID NOT receive them yesterday, don't know whether I got anything or got nothing

You likely got cube shards. The odin marks are obvious because it is a second chest you need to open, then actually run over them on the ground.

The cube shards just immediately get added to your currency tab and you never see them. I think it is a 50/50 chance at either.

They have requested people not call them QoL because that term is generally used for small changes, and these updates are a lot more. That said I have no idea what to call them now, which is probably the source of confusion.

Ah, I did not see anything on the name change, thanks. They need to come up with some name though or the confusion will continue as you mentioned.

So I don't know why I can't remember this, but the areas affected by Odin's Bounty also have a server-side RIF/SIF/XP boost, right? Is it 100%?

I believe they refer to them as design reviews or reworks. There are the few remaining 52 Reviews, Design Reviews / Reworks for people who needed lots of changes like Cap and then QoLs are used to describe small things done to fix up issues for character without changing them up drastically (like what they just did with X-23).

So I don't know why I can't remember this, but the areas affected by Odin's Bounty also have a server-side RIF/SIF/XP boost, right? Is it 100%?
I wanna say that the boost is game wide, but I'm not 100%.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am going to assume that is a marvel comic character

Sblargh

Banned
Only cause you're ignoring AA. It's so good, why don't you like it?

Animation kind of screw up the flow of everything. Also, I'm out of power points, some slide has to be cut.

And man, Long Dark and Salt updated at the same time Captain America is awesome and I decided for whatever reason to play hearthstone.

I have more games than hours in my life.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, ok. I played that on my iphone once. Its not bad, but god, that is basically micro-transactions the game.

you must not play a lot of Facebook/mobile games

they're business models disguised (thinly) as game mechanics

I am ashamed to say that I spent money on that game once. Worse, I did it through one of those sponsored promotions where you buy a product from somebody online and it gives you Avengers Alliance gold. But it was flowers for my wife and I was going to get her flowers anyway...(at least that's what I told myself).

I enjoy playing it, and I've spent money on it too. Not ashamed to say it, either. It's more of a game than most other Facebook games that are just click 5 times then wait an hour till you can click 5 times again.

I enjoy playing it, and I've spent money on it too. Not ashamed to say it, either. It's more of a game than most other Facebook games that are just click 5 times then wait an hour till you can click 5 times again.

I mostly hated the impossible grind of running Special Assignments in order to unlock characters. The nail in the coffin for me with that game was when they started locking missions and the only way to unlock them was to own multiple "premium" characters.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
regarding surtur bug

Update:

We've tuned the damage from the sword hit down significantly so that players can survive it. Thanks to @gutshotjack and @drogsil for helping me reach Surtur. As always, the community is amazing and helpful.

We'll have a fix in next patch.

BUCKY is redeem code

also prestige xp is bugged

It's actually 2% base exp loss regardless of tier (green, blue, purple, orange and red). The link did not provide evidence of increasing penalty. It does not affect the leveling of legendaries and probably Omega exp as well. And most likely a bug more than anything.

That's correct, it turns out this was a bug. The 2% XP penalty was not intended, and a fix will be in the next patch. Sorry about that, folks

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else really not liking the new Midtown? Aside from LQ/SQ issues, which will hopefully be addressed. I enjoyed how the old ambushes were set up, and now most of the time it just seems like random mobs everywhere on the screen all the time. Hopefully they tune it to be more like old MM, less like ICP, and have the quests actually be completable.

Anyone else really not liking the new Midtown? Aside from LQ/SQ issues, which will hopefully be addressed. I enjoyed how the old ambushes were set up, and now most of the time it just seems like random mobs everywhere on the screen all the time. Hopefully they tune it to be more like old MM, less like ICP, and have the quests actually be completable.

Yeah I dislike it enough that I actually don't ever want to play it again. I would honestly rather play X-Def.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
regards to daily sif quest for odin

Hey there, we're not running that part of Odin's Bounty this time due to the fact that the mission needs some re-working. But for those of you who are disappointed, we do have some rewards in next week's event that I think you'll enjoy.

Well whaddaya know, Karolina Dean literally just got released in the Facebook game too. Whatcha waiting for Indignate. ;)

I mostly hated the impossible grind of running Special Assignments in order to unlock characters. The nail in the coffin for me with that game was when they started locking missions and the only way to unlock them was to own multiple "premium" characters.

I've been playing the game since about half a year after its initial release in March 2012, so I haven't had any problems keeping up and recruiting all the characters for free. I can see why a newer player would have problems, however, since the games' first few Special Ops, they've been periodically releasing those time-based characters for that game's equivalent to splinters. So technically speaking, you can recruit (almost) everybody for free.
The only characters that, at this point, are locked behind the premium $ currency are playable villains. And you can earn that currency in the game as well (though nowhere near enough to buy all the available villains).

If you coordinate the hero currency with the time-based missions, you can recruit those heroes for free (not considering time of course).

That said, I can completely understand being put off by a huge 100+ character roster, and a lot of timed content. But that's how social freemium games work.

I played that game religiously for like a year. Adamantium every time, had all characters up to when I got Agent Venom as the PVP prize.

I feel safe in saying that is a terrrrrrible game.

Sblargh

Banned
The ammount of wtf bugs in a marvel heroes update is proportional to how great the content of the patch is.

If Winter Soldier was as good as some people hoped it to be, it would have probably glitched the entire game.

I played that game religiously for like a year. Adamantium every time, had all characters up to when I got Agent Venom as the PVP prize.

I feel safe in saying that is a terrrrrrible game.

Subjective. I enjoy it, more so than most other turn-based RPGs.
But I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Either way, that's neither here nor there, so how about that winter soldier...

Subjective. I enjoy it, more so than most other turn-based RPGs.
But I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Either way, that's neither here nor there, so how about that winter soldier...

I did like how it was introducing me to a broader scope of the marvel universe. Then Marvel Heroes came out and kind of filled the same role in a better way for me.

LuuKyK

Yeah, I dont like the way missions work in that game and how its so dependent on how many characters you have because you have to keep sending them on timed mission somewhere else in the world and such. Just cant get into it. A shame because they have so many cool characters available. I mean, it has freaking Elektra in the roster.

styl3s

So it's been a good year, year and a half since i ventured into Marvel Heroes, i bought the $199 founders pack way back and when i cam back i felt too confused with what seems to be 1,842 different currencies and i was lost at where i should level so i ended up buying Venom/Anti-Venom pack since i been on a Venom kick (which he looks fucking incredible)

So.. Is there some videos or podcast that i can watch or pop on the background while playing to get me up to speed on what all currencies are what and what the best way to approach leveling is like do i still have to do the certain quest to get extra skill points?

Anoregon

Venom is the best character, rip it up dude

Vecks

So.. Is there some videos or podcast that i can watch or pop on the background while playing to get me up to speed on what all currencies are what and what the best way to approach leveling is like do i still have to do the certain quest to get extra skill points?

There are only a few main currencies. The rest are just for specific events, so you don't have to worry about them until that event is up.

If you hover your mouse over the currencies in the tab, they'll explain what they're for in the tooltip.

The main currencies are Eternity Splinters (unlocking heroes/team ups for "free), Odin Marks (artifact blessings/legendary items) , Cube Shards (buying mk1 fortune cards/prestiging) and Credits (mostly for use at crafter). Eyes and Hearts of Demonfire are also important for upgrading your gear.

For best leveling, just work on the legendary quests you get starting at level 20. And yeah, you still have to do certain story quests to get the extra skill points if you want them. There's a list of the quests somewhere...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going to spec melee on Bucky for the last 8 levels see if it helps, pump him up with some health arts since I dont care about his dmg anyway (and the melee arts have health anyway like the kung fu). his ranged stuff is doing absolutely nothing for me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bucky is weak or just not fun to play?

both probabley, although the first is factual, the second is completely subjective

edit: bah forgot that his sig is bugged and not reseting the melee execute ;/

Brevik mentioned chase costumes in a couple weeks on his stream last night.

edit: also apparently Cosmic Cupcake was confused and selected the wrong box last night for Midtown, which is why it was dropping MM chests at first.

...and advanced missions have to do with the next raid.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
basically game is coming to console. 1hour 50 minutes into davids solo stream last night david says he doesnt know if he can say this but we basically know anyway.

i dont know if i can say this but you guys know anyway, controller support is obviously for something else down the line. a dev working on it found a bug for controlling heroes that had been in the game for 2 years which they fixed but it also caused massive changes aswell so they did the right thing but not the right thing

roughly a direct quote

omega cap is going up with achievement release

this makes sense because if your at the cap you dont get any omega orbs from achievements

every achievement gives an omega orb

Finally got some time to play the new Cap, he's really good.

I'll be taking him to blue prestige as soon as I finish up prestiging Cable.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone wanna green raid later today

around 2 half hours from now

Top Bottom