• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

both probabley, although the first is factual, the second is completely subjective

edit: bah forgot that his sig is bugged and not reseting the melee execute ;/

His sig doesn't reset cooldowns for melee attacks (that's the ranged perk). The bug is that Dispatch doesn't reset it's cooldown when you kill and enemy with it. It's still fine for bosses.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
His sig doesn't reset cooldowns for melee attacks (that's the ranged perk). The bug is that Dispatch doesn't reset it's cooldown when you kill and enemy with it. It's still fine for bosses.

ah yes I misread the tooltip. not too bad then. Melee is a lot more fun than ranged at least

It's been awhile since I've really played, outside of logging on and bsing every now and then. What's going on with Achievements? We know a sort of estimated time they should be coming?

It's been awhile since I've really played, outside of logging on and bsing every now and then. What's going on with Achievements? We know a sort of estimated time they should be coming?

In a month actually, barring any delays.

roughly a direct quote

this makes sense because if your at the cap you dont get any omega orbs from achievements

every achievement gives an omega orb

Looks like Brevik is behind on info and wrong again. No Omega cap raise. This is also why I don't 100% believe his statement that NC is the next design review.

Sweet, I'll probably pick the game back up then. Haven't really played since late August, looking forward to new characters and areas. Any other major changes since then?

Industry City Patrol mode, Axis One-Shot, a game-wide character tuning pass, and a bunch of more minor but welcome changes.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
In a month actually, barring any delays.

Looks like Brevik is behind on info and wrong again. No Omega cap raise. This is also why I don't 100% believe his statement that NC is the next design review.

yea saw that myself just now some things he is defo right on (more than likely the console thing thats right up his department) but reviews etc probs not

i had a message from jungle queen (his wife) when asking about ms marvel costume and pretty much said david doesnt get involved with costumes at all so he isnt the one to ask or to push it forward.

KePoW

Banned
i had a message from jungle queen (his wife) when asking about ms marvel costume and pretty much said david doesnt get involved with costumes at all so he isnt the one to ask or to push it forward.

Haha ok I'm not giving you a hard time, it's more of a funny/amusing thing --

But do you literally directly message every registered dev on the forums about that?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Haha ok I'm not giving you a hard time, it's more of a funny/amusing thing --

But do you literally directly message every registered dev on the forums about that?

in total i messaged, dink, amthua,ryolnir,doomsaw,lord (lead of heroes/costume design).jungle queen, space zero

all replied too lol

in other news achievements are soon i guess dev tracker keeps messing up on forum and i made thread bout it n ryolnir posted with

Sorry, we're doing some white list testing for Achievements

KePoW

Banned
He's CEO, so at this point he barely touches the development process.

Ok I see, but I wonder if he at least has "Head Coach" responsibility? As in if he is still hands-on about knowing everything that goes on daily.

Or is he strictly just the financier/Owner ??

Ok I see, but I wonder if he at least has "Head Coach" responsibility? As in if he is still hands-on about knowing everything that goes on daily.

Or is he strictly just the financier/Owner ??

My guess is that certain decisions have to go through him, but mostly there are people who oversee even pretty major things along the way.

I imagine he mostly writes/cashes the checks plus shows up to certain meetings.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
he's been known to get into blood feuds from time to time as well

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wooo i got achievement spoilers from ryolnir :D

XD9ibR5.jpg

i understood that reference :D

Based off the % and the small scroll bar on the right there seems to be about seven achievements for Cap. Assuming that's right and there's that many for every hero that means there are about 308 character specific achievements.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
due to artofrawr leaving theres a juggle happening on the devs for the reviews on rest of heroes etc and heres latest on iceman.punnisher release and a new schedule for rest

I'll be posting an official schedule update, but at this time, expect Frank's 52 to ship with Iceman (end of Feb./first week of March).

pretty much blame bucky for being shite and being delayed by few weeks before hand lol

bare in mind iceman doesnt havent a forum up yet. i doubt he will be end of feb unless they are rushing him which i wont be suprised they are way behind schedule for rest of year so far by the old timeline even

bucky and punisher was meant to be mid jan originally not first week of feb lol

I thought the plan originally was for all the monthly character patches to be either the last or first week of each month. Thus:
Buck, Cap & Pun end of Jan / beginning of Feb.
Iceman & Thing Feb/Mar.
Shulk & Cable Mar/ Apr.
Vision & Wanda Apr/May.
??? & Deadpool May/Jun.

I thought the plan originally was for all the monthly character patches to be either the last or first week of each month. Thus:
Buck, Cap & Pun end of Jan / beginning of Feb.
Iceman & Thing Feb/Mar.
Shulk & Cable Mar/ Apr.
Vision & Wanda Apr/May.
??? & Deadpool May/Jun.

Pretty sure Doom is the hero for May/June cause they want to have him out for anniversary.

That's what I'm thinking too, but IDK if he's been confirmed as such. Also, he could be end Jun/Jul and still be considered Anniversary, since he'd be the first "MH 2016" hero, if they rename it again.

due to artofrawr leaving theres a juggle happening on the devs for the reviews on rest of heroes etc and heres latest on iceman.punnisher release and a new schedule for rest

pretty much blame bucky for being shite and being delayed by few weeks before hand lol

bare in mind iceman doesnt havent a forum up yet. i doubt he will be end of feb unless they are rushing him which i wont be suprised they are way behind schedule for rest of year so far by the old timeline even

Iceman is really only being held up because of animations. There's still a very good chance of him being released on the 26th/27th. When a forum goes up has very little to do with the progress of a chararcter. ArtofRawr leaving also doesn't affect him as MichaelMayhem is the lead designer. Punisher's delay was due to Rawr though. Mind you Punisher was only delayed into mid-Feb because of the Battle Van, so everything else about him should be complete. I'd be surprised and a little disappointed if these two heroes actually needed much iteration once they hit the TC.

GManDH

is Battle Van ultimate or sig??

it might become part of his powers, im thinking its going to be a tree where u either summon it or u use powers from the van because they talked bout a turret on the van, and grabbing a flamethrower from the van etc etc

Sblargh

Banned
Despite Kepow's harsh words breaking my heart, I was able to complete my first red raid today. With no wipes, either. I got pugged on a guild called gods of olympus and they were pretty good geared, so odds are they carried me a bunch.

And I liked it, when you get past the DPS check, the mechanics are actually very fun and require some skill. They're mostly the same mechanics as green, only you can't ignore them; so gotta keep moving on twins because of circles; gotta dash away from slag when he does the circle; monolith is still free; sisters are way harder because bubbles seem faster and they instakill a lot of characters, the cone attack also seems to slow down you a lot more. And Surtur is surtur.

By the way, it is a good time to red raid because Surtur is nerfed to hell. Since rocks are broken, his sword only causes like 5k damage, meaning you can basically just facetank him the majority of the fight.

GManDH

Despite Kepow's harsh words breaking my heart, I was able to complete my first red raid today. With no wipes, either. I got pugged on a guild called gods of olympus and they were pretty good geared, so odds are they carried me a bunch.

And I liked it, when you get past the DPS check, the mechanics are actually very fun and require some skill. They're mostly the same mechanics as green, only you can't ignore them; so gotta keep moving on twins because of circles; gotta dash away from slag when he does the circle; monolith is still free; sisters are way harder because bubbles seem faster and they instakill a lot of characters, the cone attack also seems to slow down you a lot more. And Surtur is surtur.

By the way, it is a good time to red raid because Surtur is nerfed to hell. Since rocks are broken, his sword only causes like 5k damage, meaning you can basically just facetank him the majority of the fight.

theres actually a way for you to farm surtur for hours. you keep changing heroes and you can farm surtur with friends for HOURS. MY sg has done it before.

Sblargh

Banned
What are the rewards for Red Raid?

Hearts of demonfire, which allow you to upgrade your gear to lvl 69, which is actually significant, imo, because a lot of those +X to powers go up when you upgrade; I'm very close to the 50 cap with some powers.
-
And yeah, I'm on a captain america binge now. Don't want play anyone else. So I won't!

And you can't make me!

Gothos

Hearts of demonfire, which allow you to upgrade your gear to lvl 69, which is actually significant, imo, because a lot of those +X to powers go up when you upgrade; I'm very close to the 50 cap with some powers.
-
And yeah, I'm on a captain america binge now. Don't want play anyone else. So I won't!

And you can't make me!

Yea, I know. I wanted to know how many you get for one run :)

As far as achievments go, some of them will surely be retroactive (like those for lvl60 heroes) and some of them will not.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
some are retro active some arent.

if you have the uniques for x hero you will get that achievement upon log in too. (they said they will disable achievement notifications on release due to so many being unlocked for alot of people.

theres achievements for all game modes etc. like in xdef with the kid getting bullied theres an achievement for that

Sblargh

Banned
Queen wants to raid motherfuckers; it's 20 minutes of auto-win with a good Babes Of Gaf group.

Stop being lazy and let's do this. Yeah. I'm calling you out. All of you.

But mostly hereafter, who can probably solo the thing.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone want to raid later. ill try this again. think ill give up asking soon lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the Malekith wave in midtown has 4 bosses (mal, kurse and 2 guards) in regards to a guard dropping a kurse gem this was said by heretic

It's intentional. Same is true of the Sinister clones, who have a chance to drop what he can.

Drayco21

the Malekith wave in midtown has 4 bosses (mal, kurse and 2 guards) in regards to a guard dropping a kurse gem this was said by heretic

Neat, maybe I'll find a GoK drop one day after all :lol

Is that solo queue into Midtown feature they were talking about available yet, or is still forced groups?

KePoW

Banned
Neat, maybe I'll find a GoK drop one day after all :lol

Is that solo queue into Midtown feature they were talking about available yet, or is still forced groups?

well by forced groups, do you mean just with other people running around in an open zone? You're not forced to actually party with them

Got Winter Soldier to 60, definitely retiring him until they retool him. Kinda a bummer, they were on an awesome roll after Magneto, Jugg, and Venom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Got Winter Soldier to 60, definitely retiring him until they retool him. Kinda a bummer, they were on an awesome roll after Magneto, Jugg, and Venom.

same. melee was a bit better (as in more fun) but nothing compared to many other meleers. oh well, bound to be some duds in the advance packs

Top Bottom