• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Drayco21

well by forced groups, do you mean just with other people running around in an open zone? You're not forced to actually party with them

Yes, because I don't want to have to put up with a bunch of other players turning my framerate into single digits and making the game an unplayable slideshow during events.

Got my Winter Solider to 60 over the weekend. First hero in a while that felt like a grind.

I rerolled at about ~30 and made him a full Ranged build, which was moderately more enjoyable (feeling like I was actually doing damage anyway).

Can't see me playing him again though, which is a shame as a loooooove that movie costume. Melee looks really nice too, but the build is just nope nope nope.

Decided yesterday that I'd Green Prestige Hulk. 1-60 in a few hours with a couple boosts. So good in comparison and just what I needed after the WS slog.

Ran a comsic Kurse with my green Hulk before I packed up for the night - and a Gem of the Kursed popped :) Very happy as it's only the second one I've seen drop in 1000 hours.

On the subject, Steam tells me I've played this over 1000 hours now. This game. Damn that's a lotta time.

Ran a comsic Kurse with my green Hulk before I packed up for the night - and a Gem of the Kursed popped :) Very happy as it's only the second one I've seen drop in 1000 hours.

Man, grats! I was farming Kurse a bit tonight, and on one of the runs, two artifacts dropped. One being a Pym Shrinking. The MH RNG is trolling me so hard.

My review of Cap and Winter Soldier in gif form:

Cap
pOfcxNr.gif

Winter Soldier

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
First Marvel, now Hots, the 5 years ago me is mocking the current me right now

Not sure why anyone would refer to SC2 as anything but SC2, unless you're in a discussion about different versions of the game. In that case context will define which "HotS" you're talking about anyway.

Sblargh

Banned
Not sure why anyone would refer to SC2 as anything but SC2, unless you're in a discussion about different versions of the game. In that case context will define which "HotS" you're talking about anyway.

Both are blizzard games. I win.

It's an Odin's Bounty and Midtown Madness Monday crossover event! From Midnight (PST), February 9th (right now!) to Midnight February 10th (tomorrow!), Midtown Madness will drop Midtown Madness boxes and fortune cards, while X-Defense, All Terminals and One-Shots, and Industry City Patrol will drop Odin's Bounty Chests! Wowee zowee!

Sblargh

Banned
It took forever to defeat 1000 dudes for the midtown shared because it is so easy to get distracted by all them bosses.

LuuKyK

You know whats annoying? The fact that 90% of these fucking MM/ICP boxes are always locked because they are a level above the one you currently are. Whats the point of that seriously?

That is a wowee zowee.

Not really. So I have to chose, do I want to run the midtown madness or do I want Odin's bounty. Use to we could run both in midtown.

You know whats annoying? The fact that 90% of these fucking MM/ICP boxes are always locked because they are a level above the one you currently are. Whats the point of that seriously?

I only go to ICP with a level 60 or if its needed for a level quest. Its too annoying any other way.

It took forever to defeat 1000 dudes for the midtown shared because it is so easy to get distracted by all them bosses.

I found it a little bit easier because there are spawns everywhere.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Now that the work week has started, I am curious if the next few days will bring any Gaz comments on the state of winter soldier, beyond mentions of well-known bugs being on their radar (dispatch plz.)

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I thought WS was okay, survivability aside. Then I prestiged Cap twice and played him at 60 a bunch and went back to WS and yeah nope. With Cap I think I'm doing literally at least 3 times as much damage while being damn near invincible. Every big cooldown ability easily crits for over a million, every few seconds. sig brutals for like 6-7 million. Shit is absolutely bananas.

gazele

Banned

It's good incentive to me to clear my inventory to hold all of the chests haha, feels good when you hit that level and pop all of those chests too

Gothos

Man, I wish there was some other way to get daily dose of Hearts of Demonfire. Doing those one shots every day is so god damn dull...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i posted on forum maybe an idea could be adding them to the cow zones. those uniques mean nothing to most people uniques arent special anymore and drop all the time anyway. but those hearts/eyes they mean something and i think that could out weigh the splinter cost

GManDH

i posted on forum maybe an idea could be adding them to the cow zones. those uniques mean nothing to most people uniques arent special anymore and drop all the time anyway. but those hearts/eyes they mean something and i think that could out weigh the splinter cost

wont happen because then you can farm them for hours and hours and hours and they dont want that. they want yuo to be able to get a set amount of eyes/hearts and not be able to farm them. but good idea.

Moondrop

Banned
I took Rocket Raccoon and Ms. Marvel to 60 with the event. I was quite tired of Rocket by the end, though the extra blaster turret helped a bit. Ms. Marvel on the other hand was more my speed; I really liked the way she can tank and is an effective melee/range hybrid.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and thats a insta buy for me, looks amazing

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ouch

Ryolnir will update the 52 review list when he gets back from the recording studio in LA.

Short answer is:

Thing and Scarlet Witch are both in progress, but are delayed with the departure of ArtofRawr.

Scarlet Witch will hit for the Avengers 2 movie release, which is obvious and an important Marvel cross-promotion for us.

Thing will likely hit the month after, depending on how quickly our training goes. (We're moving around a few tasks).

Cable will be next, then Deadpool (saving for last).

Punisher is in development, but the Battle Van is still in iteration, so early March looks more realistic than last week of February.

also another bit from doomsaw

I think this is just a matter of time rather than transparency. We are very transparent about our development cycle on everything in the game and frankly I haven't had time to type up the 10+ preview articles that I've assigned myself (heroes, pvp, new chapters, new game modes, new raids, new item types, etc). They will come eventually, but I am prioritizing getting that work done and don't sleep enough as it is.

TLDR: PVP is going to be in Beta for awhile, simply from a resource standpoint and I'll get my 2015 preview articles (including PVP) as soon as I can.

LuuKyK

What exactly is this aura on Ms. Marvel? I inspected and its the same I am using (glowing particles) but the one on her is multicolored while mine is just white/yellow. Are they random or something?

Oh, and I thought this HT photobomb looked cool and it was completely random. :p

whoa my friend just told me Marvel got Spider-Man control back in their movies from Sony!! awesome sauce!1
Not exactly.
Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.
Although, still they will be working together and crossing over:
Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger.
Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.
No matter what though, WE NEED J.K. SIMMONS'S JJJ IN THE MCU ASAP! Feige pls!

Ohhh. That Storm costume looks promising. Just like with female Thor, I really love the face. Its great. My only concern is with the butt. If Storm has a flat butt in the game, I cant buy this outfit.
Levelled Winter Soldier to about 40 last night. Pretty much just using a ranged build. Even though he doesnt feel too powerful, I love all his guns. His M4-ish rifle and noob tube remind me of CoD. His shiny arm also looks great. I dont remember Cables looking so good. The meaty sound of his pistol basic is very good too.

Sblargh

Banned
You know, I'm acutally hoping for a Miles Morales movie.

One of the reasons is that Miles is a cool dude and a cool spiderman and all right cool.

Another reaon is that if he is the face of Spiderman for the masses, then maybe Peter can get married again because it will no longer be weird for him to be married in the comic book and a teenager everywhere else.

Also because will make Kepow mad.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You know, I'm acutally hoping for a Miles Morales movie.

One of the reasons is that Miles is a cool dude and a cool spiderman and all right cool.

Another reaon is that if he is the face of Spiderman for the masses, then maybe Peter can get married again because it will no longer be weird for him to be married in the comic book and a teenager everywhere else.

Also because will make Kepow mad.

The percentage of people who know/like the Spiderman character and have even heard of Miles Morales is not very large.

My mom - who was not a comic book fan - had a spider plant that she named Peter Parker in the early 70s. Nobody is naming anything after Miles Morales.

It would be cool to have Peter Parker in the MCU and then Sony uses Miles Morales in their universe if they want to keep things completely separate. But it sounds like Sony wants to have some of the MCU characters cross over into their films as well.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
The percentage of people who know/like the Spiderman character and have even heard of Miles Morales is not very large.

Yeah but to be fair Thor and Iron Man weren't household names, Marvel made them into ones. It's a little disappointing on some level to see everyone losing their minds over this and Marvel rearranging their entire schedule after they worked so hard to make people care about the MCU and turned their B-listers into A-listers.

I hope they ditch Parker because it frees them from the baggage of that character and because diversity is always good.

inky

Iron Man had a cartoon in the 60s and in the 90s. I would consider him a household name in that people knew very well who he was even if he wasn't bringing in the cash.

Dec

Yeah but to be fair Thor and Iron Man weren't household names, Marvel made them into ones. It's a little disappointing on some level to see everyone losing their minds over this and Marvel rearranging their entire schedule after they worked so hard to make people care about the MCU and turned their B-listers into A-listers.

I hope they ditch Parker because it frees them from the baggage of that character and because diversity is always good.

So pointless though.

Making a character more popular is a bit different than retiring an already popular character so you can build up an unpopular one in his place.

Drayco21

He's really not, though. He's the laziest legacy character I've seen in years. Bendis could have done something really special with the idea, but squandered all of it. He took a supporting cast that could have gone somewhere, and routinely killed them all off so Miles could hang out with Peter's friends and family. He killed off Miles' villains so he could keep fighting Peter's B-listers. He spends every issue constantly asking "golly gee, I wonder what Peter Parker, you know the real Spider-Man, would do if he didn't die when he died a couple years ago, I sure wish Peter was here.", and then every other story arc he quits anyway. He finally gets his own book, and the whole first arc is dedicated to Peter Parker and Miles is a side character in it. And then whenever he does finally have to do something, there's never any stakes or anything interesting happening because he just wins every fight in one panel with his venom blast. Miles is the biggest ball of disappointment and wasted potential at Marvel, bar none.

I guess the only good thing to come out of him getting a hypothetical film is that maybe the movie's writer would be more competent than Bendis, so Bendis would have to crib his writing style off of the potential more interesting movie characterization like he did with Guardians.

Top Bottom