• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Vecks

So, I came back to MH after some break... WTF have they done to orbs? They look terrible now! Also, bought Wolverine and I'm utterly disappointed with him so far - I'm level 37. He feels so clunky, aoe powers are terrible and I just feel underwhelmed with him :(

They said that the look of the orbs is some vfx bug, so it should probably be fixed next patch.

Gothos

Oh, good news then :)

Regarding MH on consoles, I don't see it happening without massive engine optimization. MM on PS4/X1? GL with that :)

Ploid 3.0

Oh, good news then :)

Regarding MH on consoles, I don't see it happening without massive engine optimization. MM on PS4/X1? GL with that :)

I don't know why MM runs the way it does for PC. Maybe on a controlled system they can make it run correctly. Some PC setups seem to run it fine when there is no crazy event like the last Midtown Madness.

Volimar

I don't know why MM runs the way it does for PC. Maybe on a controlled system they can make it run correctly. Some PC setups seem to run it fine when there is no crazy event like the last Midtown Madness.

They have a new system in place for Brooklyn. If it goes ok, they'll convert MM to it.

Moondrop

Banned
Took Black Widow 50 -> 60. I played a build focused on Remote Detonation, which set up well for the increased range on Coup de Grace. The Widowmaker mechanic felt more user friendly. I like perma-stealth rolling through terminals. I even like the feeling that she has to work harder than other characters to achieve the same results. With these recent buffs I feel she's in a good place.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why awww? Don't tell me you like them being barely visible and look like chunks of vomit.

green orbs look much better with this supposed bug, they are super bright and shiny for me. guess its different for some people

Lord Phol

Next Patch is going to be packed with stuff which means there will probably be delays, server downtimes and bugs D:. Hopefully they'll release all the october stuff in two patches instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Next Patch is going to be packed with stuff which means there will probably be delays, server downtimes and bugs D:. Hopefully they'll release all the october stuff in two patches instead.

stuff like what? neither Nova or Cyclops review are scheduled for next patch

Lord Phol

stuff like what? neither Nova or Cyclops review are scheduled for next patch

Well next BIG patch then! :p The one that will have Nova, Cyclops Rework, Psylocke QoL, Ghost RIder QoL and Elemental Gun QoL. I'm pretty sure there was some mechanic they wanted to implement in october as well :d.

Ploid 3.0

I liked the old orbs, they looked juicy and bright.
OXIivhs.jpg

The new ones look small and darker not brighter to me. I pay more attention to the exp I get when I walk over one because it looks like I get less based on how small and insignificant they look.

Dec

I liked the old orbs, they looked juicy and bright.

The new ones look small and darker not brighter to me. I pay more attention to the exp I get when I walk over one because it looks like I get less based on how small and insignificant they look.

You do. The longer you leave xp orbs the smaller they get and the less xp you get when you finally pick them up.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yea the new mechanic is for cybernetics. being able to auto loot cosmic into it.

also if your purple bar is filled when you vacum purples after it will fill up your blues and that instead.

thats coming in the next big patch which is with the QoL changes for 3 heroes.

Vecks

yea the new mechanic is for cybernetics. being able to auto loot cosmic into it.

also if your purple bar is filled when you vacum purples after it will fill up your blues and that instead.

That would be really awesome. Now I'm just kind of swapping them out all the time.

Ploid 3.0

D: I wonder if that can extend to green also. I have the hardest time filling green. Who would have thought green would be so hard to reroll.

I'll have to be careful about hitting that button with a cosmic around though. Need to find those sweet cosmic rolls.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
yes it goes down the list, so once your blues are done, blue and purple items will contribute to the green bar.

Milly79

Is there any fix for making the game run less... Hot? My 6870 gets up to 90c. Kinda scary. No other game does that.

Ploid 3.0

Got mine for farming cosmic Man Ape medal. Also if you do that one shot daily for the eyes of demonfire you may eventually get it.

Lord Phol

Traded mine for a blessed high rolled GoK. Dunno if that was a good trade but I get more use out of the GoK than the necklace at least, and Nova is going to need one .d.

DrAg0nBoY

Ok a question for Moon Knight players. How the hell do you maintain your spirit? I run constantly out of it.

He is my 4th hero and my least favorite :(.

KePoW

Banned
I played with Kepow today.

Don't tell him.

who u be?!? I must know!

To Raiders last night -- Sorry I wasn't my usual talkative self. I hadn't eaten dinner all night so didn't have much time, and just wanted to one-shot everything. So I wasn't in my usual krazy chat persona like yall expect me to be.

Dec

Ok a question for Moon Knight players. How the hell do you maintain your spirit? I run constantly out of it.

He is my 4th hero and my least favorite :(.

Maht's Arrow Head from the savage lands quest for the apollo bug. Gives spirit when you deal damage over time damage.

Dec

Is there any fix for making the game run less... Hot? My 6870 gets up to 90c. Kinda scary. No other game does that.

limit your fps to 60. I remember the in-game vsync not working but you can force it driver level if not.

I also play at below minimum settings to keep fps drops down and temps are nice as a result (58C).

Rhaknar

Valeria liking Doom is one of my favorite things

That ether he threw at Reed when she was born was amazing

edit: do we know what the next event is? I was sure it was armor tech, but in the recent patch notes they made it sound like they want to make significant changes to that one, sounded like it would be delayed

I think I'm taking a break from Marvel Heroes for now. All the big Fall releases are starting to come out, and I'm just feeling burnt out on the game in general. I'm excited for Nova and Magneto and a good amount of the Advanced Pack heroes, but they'll be there whenever I decide to come back. Maybe in January or Feb. I imagine Smash will be taking up a good amount of my video game time, and there's Dragon Age and Shadows of Mordor came outta nowhere for me and I'm super hyped about that.

Hope there's some cool new stuff aside from the Heroes by the time I get back into the game though. I also hope Doom and Iron First are available, haha. Thanks for the help when I was first starting out and for the group ups and good times MH-Gaf! Maybe this is all hyperbole and I'll be back in a couple weeks, but I think a break is needed. This is the only game I've been playing since June! Crazy! I'm also tempted to just log in everyday for the daily rewards haha.

I think I'm taking a break from Marvel Heroes for now. All the big Fall releases are starting to come out, and I'm just feeling burnt out on the game in general. I'm excited for Nova and Magneto and a good amount of the Advanced Pack heroes, but they'll be there whenever I decide to come back. Maybe in January or Feb. I imagine Smash will be taking up a good amount of my video game time, and there's Dragon Age and Shadows of Mordor came outta nowhere for me and I'm super hyped about that.

Hope there's some cool new stuff aside from the Heroes by the time I get back into the game though. I also hope Doom and Iron First are available, haha. Thanks for the help when I was first starting out and for the group ups and good times MH-Gaf! Maybe this is all hyperbole and I'll be back in a couple weeks, but I think a break is needed. This is the only game I've been playing since June! Crazy! I'm also tempted to just log in everyday for the daily rewards haha.

dont leave youll miss beating the crap outta the biggest Nazi in comic book history

KePoW

Banned

you should never force yourself to play any game, especially MMOs. so definitely a good idea to play something else for a couple months

I'll be playing Shadows of Mordor and Forza Horizon 2 next week myself. But I'll still logon sometimes in MH to do a couple dailies, and raid once per week

I'm excited for Nova, Mags and Venom too, but I don't think I'll be truly able to play and enjoy this game as much as I could until I get to play Doom, or at least Black Cat to tide it over until Doom arrives.

I've just come back to it after about 3-4 weeks off and it's definitely made the game feel a bit "fresher". I was crazy grinding nearly every day for a while there though. Mixing it up now that PS4 and other PC titles are seeping down.

I couldn't get my head around Rogue for the longest time, but level 50 now and sorta happy with my chosen power set.

Rhaknar

if you have the advance pack, and you do, giving this game a few months off is the best thing. You come back to 2-3 new characters and it feels super fresh, trust me, I did the same in the summer

How many of you are grabbing the next Advance Pack?

Certainly seems like the best way to go about next year's releases. I put enough time into the game as a whole to justify it too I think.

J-Tier

I bought the advance pack. Too many characters I wanted for me to not do so.

At this point, pretty much all of Marvel's A-listers will be playable by 2016 huh?

Rhaknar

Certainly seems like the best way to go about next year's releases. I put enough time into the game as a whole to justify it too I think.

already did :p for the amount I play this game its a no brainer for me, even if I take another big break

I bought the advance pack. Too many characters I wanted for me to not do so.

At this point, pretty much all of Marvel's A-listers will be playable by 2016 huh?

pretty much. hell, next year's pack has some definite b-listers as it is.

speaking of b-listers, seems they talked a bit about Black Cat and I missed it, she will use a lot of traps as a mechanic, so I guess thats one way of not just punching/kicking things

Haha, yeah I figured most of the "regular" crew in here would be picking it up.

I'm in the same boat too, mostly characters I'm really keen for as well.

Rhaknar

Haha, yeah I figured most of the "regular" crew in here would be picking it up.

I'm in the same boat too, mostly characters I'm really keen for as well.

actually most of the "regular crew" said they werent getting it back when it was getting announced. not sure if thats changed

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it. I'm not playing a lot lately, but that's partly because I have all the characters already.

Lord Phol

I'm on the fence atm. The characters doesn't wow me like in the last pack, and I'm not sure how much I will be playing the game in the coming year (hopefully alot still). I also got a baby coming up in november (named "Nova" as a middlename :'D) so there's going to be less gaming time overall. The pack itself is pretty pale value-wise compared to the last one as well, but if I know myself right I'll probably end up grabbing it last minute or so :p.

I'll be playing Shadows of Mordor and Forza Horizon 2 next week myself. But I'll still logon sometimes in MH to do a couple dailies, and raid once per week

Yo you should add me for some Shadows of Mordor Vengeance fun!
My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Phol/ (feel free to add me even if you aren't KePoW!)

Top Bottom