• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

inky

Last hitting is definitely a weird mechanic, and it is a huge barrier of entry considering each hero has different attack animation speeds, BUT, it also creates a rhythm to the game that you can't find anywhere else. Laning almost becomes a dance between you and your opponent, and once you sorta get used to it mechanically, it's surprising how second nature it feels.

I don't love it. I think it is super repetitive and a lot to ask for people to keep track off, especially people like me who play(ed) Mobas more casually, but I'm impressed how balanced it is all things being equal.

And that feeling when you understand it and use it to outlane an opponent is pretty good. But at some point, it becomes something that you are either good at or you are not, and makes such a huge difference when you find someone who is just so much better than you at it and probably outplays you not through strategic thinking but simple mechanical proficiency.

Dec

Last hitting is definitely a weird mechanic, and it is a huge barrier of entry considering each hero has different attack animation speeds, BUT, it also creates a rhythm to the game that you can't find anywhere else. Laning almost becomes a dance between you and your opponent, and once you sorta get used to it mechanically, it's surprising how second nature it feels.

I don't love it. I think it is super repetitive and a lot to ask for people to keep track off, especially people like me who play(ed) Mobas more casually, but I'm impressed how balanced it is all things being equal.

And that feeling when you understand it and use it to outlane an opponent is pretty good. But at some point, it becomes something that you are either good at or you are not, and makes such a huge difference when you find someone who is just so much better than you at it and probably outplays you not through strategic thinking but simple mechanical proficiency.

You can practice and get better mechanically, but ya in middle lane especially the better mechanical player wins unless you were outpicked or get ganked. Runes could get someone a kill mid but that's just the dead players teams fault for not having vision of the runes.

The other lanes not so much, hero choice and how well they work together determines how much farm you can get in the laning stage, unless you just can't last hit well.

You can beat mechanically better players than yourself as a team with smart ganks. Dying is the fastest way to have a bad game where you're always poor.

inky

Obviously there's more to the game than last hitting or the laning phase. I was just talking about that one aspect.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You know what Dec does all day besides not playing Marvel with you?

He plays Dota with me.

yea i know and i dont like the game. its boring to me and very dull. plus moba's are the in thing so they already get a thumb down. its like the new call of duty every game is turning into a mob'a fucking nosgoth moba

Dec

yea i know and i dont like the game. its boring to me and very dull. plus moba's are the in thing so they already get a thumb down. its like the new call of duty every game is turning into a mob'a fucking nosgoth moba

Nosgoth isn't a moba. It's just a class based pvp game.

Indignate

F2P games with characters you can buy or unlock but also have expensive costumes are the in-thing.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
okay I'm gonna leave this classroom and when I come back in 2 minutes y'all better be quiet or so help me god

Tried playing today again but still getting constant desyncs. Frustrating, as it seems like the perfect time to be grinding for the boss artis and uniques...

I got sent a Valentine's Day Mystery Box by someone from the forums. That was a nice surprise.

I only got a Daredevil upgrade token but I'm still happy.

So Iceman is going to have a melee and ranged tree.

Full render of Iceman's classic costume default:

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-14.02.15.x1.png

Hawkguy in sweats (achievement variant):

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-14.02.15.x2.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got a pretty good gift last night!

my cat shit on my bed

It is somehow kepow's fault.

Ranged and melee iceman? Wow. Wasn't expecting a fully devoted tree to each.

Hopefully they're both really viable. Might be the first time I use the second powers sheet.

WarRock

Tried playing today again but still getting constant desyncs. Frustrating, as it seems like the perfect time to be grinding for the boss artis and uniques...

This afternoon was smooth to me, but Midtown was mostly unplayable. Ended up rerolling my legendary.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That bland ass 90s Iceman look is bumming me out :/

Especially when the alt is All New X-Men in human form (why?)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so those beads and crap you give to gambit for the card yea what a waste. look at the fortune card

Ji6r7JB.png

woooo trade in my 3 beads a mask etc and u can get 1 bead back :D

styl3s

Can't for the life of me decide on who to prestige.

Cap or Spider-Man, my favorite character in the Marvel universe is Spider-Man but i had such a blast playing them both to 60 but Cap seems damn near impossible to die with so he seems like the obvious choice to prestige a few times.

Cassius

Haven't played since the game went public. Worth the download? I think I put in 3 hours as Storm and had a decent time from what I can remember.

styl3s

Haven't played since the game went public. Worth the download? I think I put in 3 hours as Storm and had a decent time from what I can remember.
I played back in the beta into launch and bought the big $200 founders pack, stopped about 3 weeks after it launch because it wasn't nearly a finished product IMO and told myself i would come back i 1-1.5 years later.

Came back last thursday, have 110 hours logged and have spent about $300. The game is digital crack.

Top Bottom