• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

KePoW

Banned
There's actually a huge Asian community in the Houston area, I've been told personally.

There is -- pretty large Chinatown here actually. Lots of asians in the Houston metroplex

But I grew up in a town and school district inside Dallas, there's a lot less there, particularly the bubble district where my family lived.

You lot lurk the Trade chat much?

I turned it on last night for a bit. Was BLOWN AWAY by the prices things go for now. Holy shit. 15-20b for GotK. Dayummmmm.. Last time I looked it was like 6-8b.

Even then, I can't imagine having 800 Odin marks to just blow on a single arti. Let alone 1500-2000.

People be ballin' with them Odins.

KePoW

Banned

I turned it on last night for a bit. Was BLOWN AWAY by the prices things go for now. Holy shit. 15-20b for GotK. Dayummmmm.. Last time I looked it was like 6-8b.

Even then, I can't imagine having 800 Odin marks to just blow on a single arti. Let alone 1500-2000.

yo dp!

don't u farm Legendary Quests a lot every day??

Vecks

Blessings just become very devalued as time goes on, it seems. It might still be considered the main currency, but you can't utilize them that much and they are a hassle to store/stock up on. All people can really do is hoard them for the sake of selling because for the most part, after all your characters have blessings, they're useless. If only blessings could be "destroyed" in some way for alternative benefits, then blessings might be valued more.

Blessings just become very devalued as time goes on, it seems. It might still be considered the main currency, but you can't utilize them that much and they are a hassle to store/stock up on. All people can really do is hoard them for the sake of selling because for the most part, after all your characters have blessings, they're useless. If only blessings could be "destroyed" in some way for alternative benefits, then blessings might be valued more.

I'm SO far off this, but yeah, I guess it's end game stuff.

Peeps with multiple cosmic prestiges and 7500 Omegas etc, all going to have Odins sitting around like they're nothing.

I'm SO far off this, but yeah, I guess it's end game stuff.

Peeps with multiple cosmic prestiges and 7500 Omegas etc, all going to have Odins sitting around like they're nothing.

I never spend Odin marks (or hardly ever)...I think I have around 2,000 right now...maybe a little less.

If they ever made Eyes or Hearts of Demonfire tradable you can bet your ass that would become the main currency in the game.

I think the biggest problem with the economy is that the actual currency (money) is almost useless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If there was no credit cap. How many millions would a gotk be worth?

1-billion-dollars.png

I never spend Odin marks (or hardly ever)...I think I have around 2,000 right now...maybe a little less.

If they ever made Eyes or Hearts of Demonfire tradable you can bet your ass that would become the main currency in the game.

I think the biggest problem with the economy is that the actual currency (money) is almost useless.

I've been spending them on Blessings for all my main characters. Sitting on about 200 at the moment though, so I'll bless Spider-Man next when I get to 400.

Yeah for sure. I only just got my last 66 recipe and I've only got one of the 69 recipes, so I'd definitely consider trading some of my good artis if the Hearts price was hot.

If there was no credit cap. How many millions would a gotk be worth?

Someone in Trade last night said they'd hit the credit chest cap (200 I think?), so peeps have crazy credits. Pretty easy to get though, can imagine high roll GotKs being worth like 50 million credits lol

Dec

Prices of all items have been rising for many months because the main trade currency is one that never leaves the game but more are constantly entering. These events that have been rewarding odin marks lately have made the inflation even more rapid.

Blessings were never intended as a trade currency is the main issue.

The reason GOKs are so popular and always in demand is that very rich players have no use for blessings. They are like $1 bills or something and a GOK is a $20, they are just making room in their wallet, they can break down a GOK as much as they have to later on, as they require.

Are credit chests tradeable?

Nope.

Prices of all items have been rising for many months because the main trade currency is one that never leaves the game but more are constantly entering. These events that have been rewarding odin marks lately have made the inflation even more rapid.

Blessings were never intended as a trade currency is the main issue.

The reason GOKs are so popular and always in demand is that very rich players have no use for blessings. They are like $1 bills or something and a GOK is a $20, they are just making room in their wallet, they can break down a GOK as much as they have to later on, as they require.

Just part of MMO's I guess. Always felt like I was slightly behind the curve anyway, but these days, I know I'm never going to be able to "afford" to buy stuff in Trade. Looooong way back on that stuff.

Sblargh

Banned
You either have a bunch of goks or to buy very rare very cool stuff you need another very rare very cool stuff in return. And I think that, for most people, when very rare very cool stuff drops, they want to keep it. And if a second one drops, they'll still want to keep it for another character unless you really really want something also for your main.

I don't even know how trade channel is so alive when everything is so precious.

I think the craziest trade I've seen (and I believe the person actually managed to do it because trade chat was all "oh wow, that is totally worth it") was an armored (1000 defense) vibranium trifecta core (life on hit; invulnerability and spirit/HP with medkit) for 20 goks. And I mean, yeah, it's a sweet-ass core, but c'mon, it's one core. You do the trade and then you can GOK it up half of the heroes of the game. :p

Dec

You either have a bunch of goks or to buy very rare very cool stuff you need another very rare very cool stuff in return. And I think that, for most people, when very rare very cool stuff drops, they want to keep it. And if a second one drops, they'll still want to keep it for another character unless you really really want something also for your main.

I don't even know how trade channel is so alive when everything is so precious.

I think the craziest trade I've seen (and I believe the person actually managed to do it because trade chat was all "oh wow, that is totally worth it") was an armored (1000 defense) vibranium trifecta core (life on hit; invulnerability and spirit/HP with medkit) for 20 goks. And I mean, yeah, it's a sweet-ass core, but c'mon, it's one core. You do the trade and then you can GOK it up half of the heroes of the game. :p

A lot of people can afford to gear as many heroes as they want with any items they want.

If I need another gorilla or lizard for any reason I can buy one outright without spending anything that hasn't been sitting in my stash for months. All of the heroes I play already have BiS gear and my stash still has more than I can use.

I have offered before but I can again, if anyone needs a specific item but can't get a hold of one for a while, I will lend you one. When you get your own just unbind and give it back.

If anyone needs anything to be able to red raid better, especially, let me know. I would be willing to run one or two weekly if we could fill up on GAF users.

If anyone needs anything to be able to red raid better, especially, let me know. I would be willing to run one or two weekly if we could fill up on GAF users.

As I've said before, I'd be really keen to join for Raids. With the AU time zone though, I can only catch you all on the weekends (which is fine).

Gothos

I def think we should try a red raid together. It's not that difficult imho - obviously there is some gear check, but we should try it at least!

Soooo in my couple of hours playing this game this week I got Hawkguy from 1 to 50, should hit 60 soon. He's pretty fun to play and I don't know why he's the butt of many jokes. I get that he was weak, but he's not dull to play. He's just not super flashy.

Also, I'm Yorek. I really hate that I couldn't play as Spiritreaver and I'm debating a name change, but yeah. In case anyone didn't know thought I'd share.

Dec

Soooo in my couple of hours playing this game this week I got Hawkguy from 1 to 50, should hit 60 soon. He's pretty fun to play and I don't know why he's the butt of many jokes. I get that he was weak, but he's not dull to play. He's just not super flashy.

Also, I'm Yorek. I really hate that I couldn't play as Spiritreaver and I'm debating a name change, but yeah. In case anyone didn't know thought I'd share.

He's fine. I don't play him anymore because I hated how squishy he was but I think he's pretty enjoyable. I think his arrows should just lock on because the biggest problem with his damage is that he misses targets that are moving which is hilarious for Hawkeye. Projectile speeds are way too slow.

He's fine. I don't play him anymore because I hated how squishy he was but I think he's pretty enjoyable. I think his arrows should just lock on because the biggest problem with his damage is that he misses targets that are moving which is hilarious for Hawkeye. Projectile speeds are way too slow.

I'm currently marching him up to 60 (as Kate) and I think the problem is that the character is fun to play but not with other people. Using strategy and skill to take down a target means nothing when Hulk can come bounding in and flatten them faster that I can get off 3 quick arrows.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm currently marching him up to 60 (as Kate) and I think the problem is that the character is fun to play but not with other people. Using strategy and skill to take down a target means nothing when Hulk can come bounding in and flatten them faster that I can get off 3 quick arrows.

That's lore-accurate.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just saw this Ryolnir post from yesterday:

I'm working on Achievements, @Psilocke and @MichaelMayhem are working on Winter Soldier changes, and the rest of the studio is working on so much more!

Yes please!

There was also this:

Mental Damage users: Cable, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Rogue, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, Loki (and of course Rogue).

Upcoming: Dr. Doom, maybe Iron Fist, _________.

An upcoming, as yet unannouced hero, that will have mental damage. Magik?

inky

During beta Hawkguy was a crit damage god. He started a bit slow, but then he pretty much dunked on bosses by himself.

I think that's how a character like him should work in these games. His abilities are kinda boring tho.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
An upcoming, as yet unannouced hero, that will have mental damage. Magik?

Lots of folks are thinking that, yeah. There was even confirmation not too long ago that work was actively being done on her and she had a pretty in-depth (non-200 splinter) kit.

Lots of folks are thinking that, yeah. There was even confirmation not too long ago that work was actively being done on her and she had a pretty in-depth (non-200 splinter) kit.

Is this person the thing they're announcing today/tomorrow or is it something less exciting?

Anoregon

I didn't even know there was a thing being announced so I have no idea.

Anoregon

Why is Dr. Boom mental? doesn't he do metal dmg in comix??

this is a kepow post alright.

Doom has lots of science (energy) damage, but he also knows a large amount of magic stuff (mental) as well.

Anoregon

Ah cool, yeah that does look worded in a way to imply it will be either an unannounced hero, or alt costume for an advance pack 2 hero.

Probably the latter, tho.

Top Bottom