• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
guys Queen dyed her hair blue and it's getting slept on. declare your allegiance now, I for one am pro-blue

also I forgot to log in yesterday and I'm still like 35 days away from my wolverine teamup.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
it's like blue with some red in there, it's pretty alright i guess

guys Queen dyed her hair blue and it's getting slept on. declare your allegiance now, I for one am pro-blue
I have been looking at the thread mostly on Mobile lately and not paying attention to avatars, so I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Alas, pro-blue. Queen gurl, ya rock that blue look good.
Gyqpdcr.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
DISREGARD THIS there was a HUEG image in the post here ^ before

DISREGARD THIS there was a HUEG image in the post here ^ before
Ha, yeah my bad. I linked the wrong one and realized how gigantic it was after I hit submit. Immediately fixed it.

On-topic: Are we getting Pun 52 with Bobby or earlier?
It's been delayed another month hasn't it? Damn Van needs to much maintenance. Too much mileage.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i go to sleep and everyone talks bout my hair lol. ive done all sorts of different colors ^^

1w5vmRg.jpg

hPSbIZ7.jpg

gFudCHW.jpg

PFbV47q.jpg

inky

All of those look alright. Why are we picking teams?

I for one welcome our #QUEENOFMANYCOLOURS

That was a Simpsons AND a LOTR reference.

Yes, I'm a nerd.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Haven't played since the game went public. Worth the download? I think I put in 3 hours as Storm and had a decent time from what I can remember.

I am going to cast a somewhat different vote. I have put in 217 hours in the game, according to Steam. It might be my imagination, but it seems to me that the game has gotten more "grindy" than it previously was. If I played for a few hours, I knew I would get a few good drops. But now it seems that even with boosts, the chance of good drops isn't nearly what it has been in the past.

The game now seems directed at those who can put in hours and hours a day into the game. This is something that I can no longer do. So the fun factor has dropped big time for me. The time-reward balance needs to be tweaked a bit, IMO. Mondays are about the only day I play now because of Midtown. The chests make it fun, and faster to level characters.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, maybe if I got in a party I would enjoy the game more. As of right now as someone who plays solo most of the time, it is much less fun than it was about 150 hours ago. There is also the chance I am just burned out on it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I am going to cast a somewhat different vote. I have put in 217 hours in the game, according to Steam. It might be my imagination, but it seems to me that the game has gotten more "grindy" than it previously was. If I played for a few hours, I knew I would get a few good drops. But now it seems that even with boosts, the chance of good drops isn't nearly what it has been in the past.

The game now seems directed at those who can put in hours and hours a day into the game. This is something that I can no longer do. So the fun factor has dropped big time for me. The time-reward balance needs to be tweaked a bit, IMO. Mondays are about the only day I play now because of Midtown. The chests make it fun, and faster to level characters.

Maybe I am doing it wrong, maybe if I got in a party I would enjoy the game more. As of right now as someone who plays solo most of the time, it is much less fun than it was about 150 hours ago. There is also the chance I am just burned out on it.

wiht most mmo's theres going to be that grindy feeling. especially if you want to min/max your hero. this game is more noticeable because people are trying to put a gem of kurse etc on all there hero's not just one or two.

I used to dye my hair all the time too - I had purple, blue, red, bleached, black... but my hair is shitty, thin and I'm balding, so now I have no hair at all. :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
wiht most mmo's theres going to be that grindy feeling. especially if you want to min/max your hero. this game is more noticeable because people are trying to put a gem of kurse etc on all there hero's not just one or two.

Agreed. ICP chugs on my machine, so I have kind of avoided it at times. I surely hate farming Kurse or other characters 20 times in a row only to get nothing for it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. ICP chugs on my machine, so I have kind of avoided it at times. I surely hate farming Kurse or other characters 20 times in a row only to get nothing for it.

ive basically got all heroes too 50 and have decided which heroes i actually enjoy and like lore wise too. right now its ms marvel n captain. and soon to be iceman. i think its best to limit how many heroes you actually wanna run. like most mmo's you have a main hero and then you level up a few side ones etc many aeons down the line lol

styl3s

ive basically got all heroes too 50 and have decided which heroes i actually enjoy and like lore wise too. right now its ms marvel n captain. and soon to be iceman. i think its best to limit how many heroes you actually wanna run. like most mmo's you have a main hero and then you level up a few side ones etc many aeons down the line lol
I originally came back wanting to get that bonus XP by leveling heroes till i got that 200% synergy bonus but after leveling Gambit, Star-Lord, Rocket, Magneto, Spider-Man, Captain America and Hulk to 60 and a few others to 30-40 i quickly realized that leveling characters that wasn't fun to me was going to burn me out quickly and it didn't make sense to invest time in all these characters i was never going to play.

That being said i do plan on either taking Spider-Man or Captain America to cosmic prestige. Right now i am forcing myself to get Venom and Iron Man to 60 because i already invest time to get them 50, its MM and i have like 20 hours of like +500% xp boost going.

Sblargh

Banned
I think the game is fun in short bursts of wasting entire days on it followed by a break. There's also more than 40 characters and they are amazingly unique (who would think X-23 and Wolverine would play so differently even if they share the fury mechanic) so leveling a new character is usually a fun experience, unless the character itself is boring for your tastes.

And end-game gearing in this game is so much better than is most MMOs; it's nice to have some great rare artifact that usually demands farming or trading with other players, but in the end, you can just take a look at the collection of common artifacts and find the ones that are better. It has that ARPG gearing thing where you spend a lot of time comparing if +1 to this power is worth losing +2 to that power or if both are worthing losing because that one gear has a highter damage rating.

And after one week of being obsessed with the game you realized you are burned out. :p
So you take a break, stuff is added and when you go back the cycle begins anew.

KePoW

Banned
I surely hate farming Kurse or other characters 20 times in a row only to get nothing for it.

I would definitely not do this if you don't have fun with it.

I have over 2000 legit hours in this game, and very few have been repeatedly farming bosses. I hate doing that so I just don't do it

Crazy how many Vice drops I got last night while the Kingpin Terminal was buffed. Must have ended up with about 6 of them (that I dropped in the tower lol)

No WSJ though, bummer!

Sblargh

Banned
As far as placeholders go, flaming socks are very cool.

Edit: After they release it for real, maybe they'll snatch a prize for most improved item in a MMO.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Frost...help...me....you warned me...you waaaaarned meeeeeeee

/drownsinmobagoop

Is there a drama with the daily gifts? Since hitting day 200, the count is still incrementing but there's no rewards showing until day 300?

Sblargh

Banned
This event messed up all my cube shards / one-shot timers. They're all over the place now. I'm thinking of not playing during one day just to reset everything.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
guys i am thinking about dyeing all 8 of my chest hairs i need color ideas

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
People should dye all the hair on their body to the color of whatever prestige their favorite character is currently on.

Top Bottom