• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
lol I just played a bunch of Diablo 3 in the new season and went to the thread here to bitch about my drops, only to realize that's what literally everyone in that thread does. Whereas here our MH community actually feels like a little community. <3 u guys

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well the D3 thread is also good for bragging about drops :p

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's somewhat ironic given how massive blizzard is. They definitely have the resources to do it.

I think it's a double-edged sword. The large size inevitably leads to a level of bureaucracy and stratification that makes it impossible to have anywhere near the iteration speed that a relatively small company like Gaz can have.

Wasn't there supposed to be some Reed and Sue costumes for Valentines Day? I don't recall hearing about any being released, so I'd think it's that (unless I just missed it).

Pretty sure they both had the red FF costumes released recently. That could have been for Valentines day (I'm not 100% on that though).

I think it has to be those as I don't think we've been told what Reed's next costume is, could be a surprise I guess (Sue's is ultimate Foundation last I saw).

KePoW

Banned
Pretty sure they both had the red FF costumes released recently. That could have been for Valentines day (I'm not 100% on that though).

I think it has to be those as I don't think we've been told what Reed's next costume is, could be a surprise I guess

I thought they officially canceled FF?? but Marvel is still gonna design new costumes for Reed?

I think it has to be those as I don't think we've been told what Reed's next costume is, could be a surprise I guess (Sue's is ultimate Foundation last I saw).
It may have just been Sue. IDK. I just remember them teasing something (possibly during the hotdog stream) regarding her and Valentines day. I think this was after the Red and Ultimate costumes were revealed, but it's not something I kept track of.

Gothos

I think it's a double-edged sword. The large size inevitably leads to a level of bureaucracy and stratification that makes it impossible to have anywhere near the iteration speed that a relatively small company like Gaz can have.

Nah. Just completely different business models. MH has to keep delivering content so people stay with the game and it makes them money. On the other hand, Blizzard has ZERO incentive to bring more stuff to the game, because it must have something for the next expansion(s).

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the dink posted this

I am working on something really cool that has been needed to be done for a very long time but I cannot say what that is....I also would love to spoil a costume that just got approved but the Al Mighty @Lord specifically asked me "Do Not Spoil" as it is to be spoiled in the next Twitch.

Good stuff coming up though!

P.S. I did a Texture pass on Psylocke XForce so she looks more detailed and will do so on her Classic next time I am in game.

first thing i thought was a texture pass on costume but the fact dink mention psylocke separately tells me its something else

I thought they officially canceled FF?? but Marvel is still gonna design new costumes for Reed?

I meant his next in-game costume, the one Gaz chooses to make, not ones from the comics.

I'm pretty sure he's still got a few Gaz can choose from right now.

Serious question: how's Diablo 3? It is improved? Now that I am playing hearthstone, battle.net keeps daring me to buy it.

It's fun but I prefer MH. I've rolled a new character each season so far. I also only picked it up just before ROS released when they removed the RMAH.

Anoregon

Serious question: how's Diablo 3? It is improved? Now that I am playing hearthstone, battle.net keeps daring me to buy it.

It is good. Better than MH in some ways, worse in others. It tends not to keep me hooked for long, but I do come back to it in spurts, especially when a new patch hits and all my blizzbuddies are ready to get going again.
Vanilla and the expansion can be found for 20 each/$40 total every so often if you check places like slickdeals, and it is worth it at that price for sure.

Anoregon

To be fair, MH is in much more dire need of support.

I'm not sure "dire" is the correct term. I was under the impression that MH has been doing fairly well since the 2015 relaunch. At the very least well enough to not be in any risk of shutting down or anything.

Sblargh

Banned
heh heh u got me on that xr.. u got me good

Yeah D3 is super fun and combat rulez. Definitely buy it, i'll play wit u

I only do co-op on non-MMO games with people who have sex with me.

Yo, GAF Supergroup. Let's raid later on. Say, 3 hours from this post?

We can actually do both raids since green is so fast.

I'm not sure "dire" is the correct term. I was under the impression that MH has been doing fairly well since the 2015 relaunch. At the very least well enough to not be in any risk of shutting down or anything.

I don't mean financially, they're okay on that front. But there are unnacceptable bugs in every patch, every week. Last week they took it easy and released nothing but a bug fix patch, and one day later had to release a bug fix patch for that bug fix patch. It's kinda sad.

inky

It's pretty good with friends. Loot is finally interesting, endgame is varied enough and you can focus on getting items instead of just farming gold. Expansion is a must I feel and they seem to be done with it as far as new content goes, which is a shame now that the game is in a good spot at last.

KePoW

Banned
But there are unnacceptable bugs in every patch, every week. Last week they took it easy and released nothing but a bug fix patch, and one day later had to release a bug fix patch for that bug fix patch

lol I was just about to say this

quite frankly, Gaz needs to hire better quality coders

Sblargh

Banned
Ok. I'm back at loving new MM once again. Saving civillians is so much more fast and smooth now. And once you get in the rhytm of the how ambushes work now and can manage to ignore side-bosses, there is a very good flow to it.
The problem is the serious lack of the gaming explaining it to you that in a lot of ambushes, you can (and should to do the SQ) actually click on them afraid people.

Mole man spawns 4 civillians with him every time.
Gang members in its various formations often have 2 civillians with them.
MGH brutes also have 2 civillians for your clicking pleasure.
Sentinels are the same old where you just have to kill sentinel.
Cops being attacked by gang members count I think; but not the ones being attacked by brood.
And mugged people everywhere, including the guy who sells hot dog, can be clicked on as well.

So, in the end, saving the 24 civillians used to be the most boring part of today's dailly and now it is smooth, as long as you know that you have to click the damn people.

lol I was just about to say this

quite frankly, Gaz needs to higher better quality coders

And their entire quality test process is to open the test center servers where people safely stay inside the shield training room all the time testing new builds and don't actually test anything bug-related.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

It's really good, with RoS anyway. Not worth playing at all without it. But yeah what others have said, it doesn't keep me coming back as much as MH does.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
calling all Squirrels

Tomorrow's test center should have a change bringing Tippy Toe's damage back up to its previous levels. We apologize for taking so long to address this

Iceman and Punisher spoilers plus the announcement of the other thing coming this evening (their time so I'll be asleep).

That talk of the Tippy Toe's changes being on TC tomorrow, am I being super hopeful that Ice-Man will be on it too? :p

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting some Iceman + Punisher spoilers ready for this evening, plus an announcement of another thing.

let me guess iceman and punisher on tc this weekend ?

also i called it

We will be granting "Omega Point Achievement Reward Boxes" which stack to some insanely high number so you can hold onto them until we raise the Omega Point cap.

im guessing iceman is tc this weekend

Mr. B stated Iceman will be out on 02/27/15

on his newest stream he said that

brevik also said achievements should be released next week. so im guessing big tc this weekend

so next week is rumored to be

punisher review iceman release lunar and cosmic event and achievement release.

yea i see that going really well

LuuKyK

let me guess iceman and punisher on tc this weekend ?

also i called it

im guessing iceman is tc this weekend

on his newest stream he said that

brevik also said achievements should be released next week. so im guessing big tc this weekend

so next week is rumored to be

punisher review iceman release lunar and cosmic event and achievement release.

yea i see that going really well

Cant wait
for the multitude of bugs.

Hereafter

I don't mean financially, they're okay on that front. But there are unnacceptable bugs in every patch, every week. Last week they took it easy and released nothing but a bug fix patch, and one day later had to release a bug fix patch for that bug fix patch. It's kinda sad.

There is obviously no true internal testing done at Gaz despite what they say.

The last couple of patches created major gaming issues for some heroes and like you said they're were patches that was supposed to be big fixes!

I'm getting very close to dumping this game due to the amateurish way everything is done.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the problem with gaz is not only do they not proper test everything they only band aid the problem/bug instead of fixing it.

that how i feel about this whole A-sync thing its just a band aid for performance problem which is causing problems iself.

It does get annoying when, after every, patch, you have to hop into social chat and ask, "So what's broken now?" There's always something, and generally more than one issue that affects all players. It's especially irksome when you need to, say, reroll a LQ because it cannot be completed - an unnecessary waste of credits, which will be crippling for new players.

Gazillion is more than just the name of the developer.

Sblargh

Banned
Woah wait, achievement next week already? I know it is been delayed as hell, but... well, maybe that's the reason it feels unreal. lol

Achievement will either be glorious or painful, lol. Probably a little bit of both. "oh, wow, look at all the stuff I already done and did not even knew it was going to be something. Oh wow, look at all the stuff that I'll never do so that reward is lost forever"

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
heres a post i made at the offcial forums getting plenty of disagrees but its true

i appreciate the disagrees but this is a regular occurance now bug after bug with each patch. they cant do there special events right cant even stick to a schedule they release for odin. as of this post again the event is broke and the announcement is say the wrong bosses that are buffed.

the list of bugs is getting longer. the list of reoccuring bugs is getting longer. the list of them bang aiding problems is getting bigger. we have said it plenty of times they are trying to cram to much into such short time they have and its making everyones experiance frustating. the events are meant to be fun. they arent fun when they are bugging out saying different things. taking all your items etc.

that gambit problem should not have made it through the qa pass. if your releasing a new event with new things id expect you atleast test it when your servers are down (this is essential when your releasing a new patch you have a long downtime to test everything is going ok especially the thing you put up in the patch)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
indignate's avatars get creepier each day

anyway, I think everyone agrees Gaz has been biting off more than they can chew for months, and for anyone trying to take the game even remotely seriously (like some here do) it must be infuriating :/

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my point im trying to make is this gambit appearance was new right. so when the patch first went live not only was he taking the required event items for the quest. he was taking every single one you had (requires 3 and you have 10 he would take the 10). thats why they disabled the feature.

my point is, surely if your releasing something new and your doing downtime which is not only used to upload the patch to live. your qa etc also test the patch then to check everything is ok thats why the downtime is so long. so why wouldnt that issue been caught before hand cos surely thats one thing you would test is something you added in the patch.

KePoW

Banned
my point im trying to make is this gambit appearance was new right. so when the patch first went live not only was he taking the required event items for the quest. he was taking every single one you had (requires 3 and you have 10 he would take the 10). thats why they disabled the feature.

my point is, surely if your releasing something new and your doing downtime which is not only used to upload the patch to live. your qa etc also test the patch then to check everything is ok thats why the downtime is so long. so why wouldnt that issue been caught before hand cos surely thats one thing you would test is something you added in the patch.

You're completely correct

The answer is Gaz doesn't internally test

Top Bottom