• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Somewhat off-topic, but are there no more carnival gift boxes for login?
Didn't get one today.

I think we were supposed to get some kind of lunar event boxes today but people were getting anything from random pets to vendor trash to random costumes from them so Gaz turned them off.

That's what I've heard. NO idea if it's true as I got nothing when I logged on this morning.

Sblargh

Banned
I will buy you all a free 2 week trial to hulu plus.

Hurray!

And now, we drink!

-

You know, if these are variant costumes, another route they could have gone with it was that you buy the regular version, then you pay the remaining Gs to make up the difference to get a way to toggle between them.

I find it weird calling them chase costumes because chase costumes in this game are actually amazing and these are practically palette-swaps.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
There. Now the communists have won. Everyone will be able to buy minor-change costumes for the same price that will probably sell a lot more than 2000 units while not destroying the goodwill of your paying customers.

$_35.JPG

It's over.

You should buy everyone here a present, comrade.

So good.

Vecks

I think we were supposed to get some kind of lunar event boxes today but people were getting anything from random pets to vendor trash to random costumes from them so Gaz turned them off.

That's what I've heard. NO idea if it's true as I got nothing when I logged on this morning.

Oh, okay. Sounds like it'd be true.

Couple side notes to veer the topic off costume discussion.

Winter Soldier is doing much better on the TC. Wouldn't say he's more fun necessarily but his builds work now. There is now proper AoE for his ranged spec and the melee spec has better damage. His healing in stealth is also pretty ridiculous (goes over 1k health per second maxed out, twice Juggernaut's healing). The only thing that disappoints me is that there is no build variation. The melee build is all of the right tree minus the Knife throw (which is for ranged) and the ranged build is all of the left tree minus Withering Fire (which is now really only for melee). Deviate from this and you get a messy character.

Also new TC build was datamined with a lot of Iceman's skills (frozen orb and ice weapons!) along with icons for a new Reputation system. Also looks like they'll start selling stash specifically for Team Up gear.

Gothos

Finally crafted Fragment of Twilight! Weapon is a beast, but obviously I didn't check stats range when it was lvl63 and now, when it's 69, I don't know if I should reroll it. FML...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw I got a box with a holiday herbie in it this morning, Im going to assume that was some sort of bug and not intended? they better not roll that shit back tho

Couple side notes to veer the topic off costume discussion.

Winter Soldier is doing much better on the TC. Wouldn't say he's more fun necessarily but his builds work now. There is now proper AoE for his ranged spec and the melee spec has better damage. His healing in stealth is also pretty ridiculous (goes over 1k health per second maxed out, twice Juggernaut's healing). The only thing that disappoints me is that there is no build variation. The melee build is all of the right tree minus the Knife throw (which is for ranged) and the ranged build is all of the left tree minus Withering Fire (which is now really only for melee). Deviate from this and you get a messy character.

Would you say he's viable now? Who would you compare him to damage wise? (I'm planning my next splinter purchase).

If I were you, I would wait for Iceman release and Punisher review if you're considering buying WS with splinters :)

I actually already have Punisher at lv60 (enjoy him now so looking forward to the revamp) and I have 400 splinters stashed away for Ice-Man.

I'm sitting on 950 splinters (roughly) in total. Just got finished prestiging Pyslocke, Cap and BP so I'm looking for a different playstyle.

It was between Juggs, Surfer and Jean but if Winter Soldier is better then he is an option. I'll have to give him a go on TC tomorrow if I can find the time.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh dang, that's right, I already have Punisher; sitting there since forever waiting for his review.

Oh boy. Hyped for it, now.

Would you say he's viable now? Who would you compare him to damage wise? (I'm planning my next splinter purchase).

His changes aren't finished yet, so I'll get back to you on that. As of now, I'll say he's only slightly more viable. Having to go into stealth for extended periods of time to recoup will bother a lot of people when other characters don't need to rely on that style of running away. I doubt anyone will switch over to maining him with these set of changes.

It was between Juggs, Surfer and Jean but if Winter Soldier is better then he is an option. I'll have to give him a go on TC tomorrow if I can find the time.

Go Juggs for sure.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so the new data mine is up and theres icons for team up stash and new raid currency

Marvel-Heroes-Datamine-19.02.15.x7.png

new crafting element too atomic

also

There is currently a change to the "Execute" affix on Winter Soldier's Unseen Death and Dispatch powers. We would like to ask the community how they feel about this change, and if it is positive, we will extend it to all other Execute powers in the game.

Current Live Functionality:

Deal 1% damage per 1% missing health on target. (50% "average" bonus)
Proposed Functionality (on TC):

Deal 50% more damage if the target is below 50% health. (25% "average" bonus)
Tooltip damage for execute powers is also increased to compensate for "average" damage bonus being lower.
There is some math involved, but basically both the overall damage and the single highest single damage packet of such powers will increase with this change. The main question is whether or not this simplification of the mechanic is attractive to you as a player.

inky

Are they? All the ones I can think of are pretty different, though I'm not totally familiar with some of the costumes for some of the characters I haven't played.

Black Widow's is only a white variant. So is Jean Grey's. Iron Man's is a Mk I colored gold, etc.

They have minor differences, but they are basically recolors.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i think i may have found out how people are getting hacked. inky or someone whos been hacked can you try and clarify if this happend before you had got hacked.

back in the early days of a new launched Rift mmo by trion worlds. there in game mail system when you messaged someone it would send you that players login token which you could copy paste into a manager then login as them and it would boot them off.

inky or anyone before you got hacked did you recieve a random whisper from anyone to which you replied too. maybe this game does a similar thing ? i know diablo 3 also did a simlar thing back in launch days too.

inky

inky or anyone before you got hacked did you recieve a random whisper from anyone to which you replied too. maybe this game does a similar thing ? i know diablo 3 also did a simlar thing back in launch days too.

I've had plenty of whisper conversations (/t commmand) with people not on my friend's list, usually when doing terminals or joining random MM parties.

I do have people on my ignore list which were PMing me nonsense often (like once or twice a day for a week), but I don't remember if I ever replied to them. I might have. The kind of messages they sent me I just assumed they were bots or something. That was many months ago btw. Like, maybe even 2013.

That's a pretty interesting theory nonetheless. I do remember D3 doing weird stuff like that.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I've had plenty of whisper conversations (/t commmand) with people not on my friend's list, usually when doing terminals or joining random MM parties.

I do have people on my ignore list which were PMing me nonsense often (like once or twice a day for a week), but I don't remember if I ever replied to them. I might have. The kind of messages they sent me I just assumed they were bots or something. That was many months ago btw. Like, maybe even 2013.

That's a pretty interesting theory nonetheless. I do remember D3 doing weird stuff like that.

maybe you dont even need to reply in rifts case just messaging someone and you got their login token with the right application running in background.

ive messaged ryolnir my theroy and waiting for response because many games have had this system in place rift guild wars 1 diablo 3 diablo 2 and im sure few others

other news iceman

4xvH2fc.png

fJ0jVn0.png

dat icewall

Black Widow's is only a white variant. So is Jean Grey's. Iron Man's is a Mk I colored gold, etc.

They have minor differences, but they are basically recolors.

Oh, yea, you're right. Pretty much the reason I never even considered them, and why they vanished from my brain.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
limited edition costumes i guess that calls for new hair with a hair cut too :D

mQIcWLa.jpg

LuuKyK

maybe you dont even need to reply in rifts case just messaging someone and you got their login token with the right application running in background.

ive messaged ryolnir my theroy and waiting for response because many games have had this system in place rift guild wars 1 diablo 3 diablo 2 and im sure few others

other news iceman

4xvH2fc.png

fJ0jVn0.png

dat icewall

tumblr_mfyxeeczLq1qzizmho1_500.gif

Indignate

Why is every one of your pictures the same pose?

Like this is what we come to expect, I mean sure the color is different but nothing else really changes there's still bugs and stuff and your damage is pretty weak plus you stole all my items do you even test this stuff?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Why is every one of your pictures the same pose?

Like this is what we come to expect, I mean sure the color is different but nothing else really changes there's still bugs and stuff and your damage is pretty weak plus you stole all my items do you even test this stuff?

because im that good at selfie's i can do the pose 100 times in different sittings.

lol

aUhkGRi.jpg

Beledat lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
More like you are a robot, programed solely for selfies :eek:

That would be a useless robot :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hey now you can turn into Super Sonic!

If you use Cosmic Combo or Brimstone Beatdown your camera locks into place and stops following you.

Also, wtf and lol @ the special effect for these costumes

zctMunS.jpg

not gonna lie i looked at all the text on the visual to see if they bugged spelling name lol

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cosmic chaos is up on tc

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/175295/test-center-cosmic-chaos-event#latest

also more winter chnages

Hey folks,

Today's Test Center has some additional changes for Winter Soldier:

CHANGES
Expanded Arsenal's bonus damage rating to Firearms powers after striking with a Brutal Combatant power has been significantly increased.
Relentless Pursuit now restores 3 Spirit when you critically hit or brutally strike. This effect is no longer granted by Expanded Arsenal or Bionic Combat.

Edit: Well, except for the drop part. Are they still pretending costumes can drop in-game? Because you know, after 1400 played and not a single costume drop I'm going on a limb and saying that every person who claims they do is a liar, and they are just pulling one on mt.

Ain't this the truth. I wonder if they throttle the global drop rate, sort of the way they handle Eternity Splinter drops but for the entire game instead. It wouldn't surprise me if they did...

Hey now you can turn into Super Sonic!

If you use Cosmic Combo or Brimstone Beatdown your camera locks into place and stops following you.

Also, wtf and lol @ the special effect for these costumes

zctMunS.jpg

They should give the LE costumes a Super Saiyan aura instead of that... bizarre mark below them. All of the stationary, between-the-feet visual effects look terrible and should be avoided at all costs by Gaz.

Top Bottom