• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think im going to leave it at 37/38...I dont have the willpower to level Punisher from 30 to 60 after im done with Cable :(

Punisher is my least favorite character in the game by far

I think im going to leave it at 37/38...I dont have the willpower to level Punisher from 30 to 60 after im done with Cable :(

Punisher is my least favorite character in the game by far

I think Hawkeye, Punisher, Black Widow and Cable were my least favourites. Only ones that have felt like a real grind on the way to 60 for me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im guessing wasp and havok are gonna be the 2 secret next year heroes considering those are mentioned in post.

also people are speculating that nova isnt coming october instead itll be x-23 and thats why the early bird thing is ending so fast.

this would be the perfect month to release them both just because they have been worked on for so long.

haha bro, you're the exact opposite of Tragi, he loves those characters in-game

I'm sure there's plenty of love for all the characters, but those four didn't suit my play-style and I found them slow and uninteresting. Hawkeye I played on launch, a few months later, and then more recently after he'd had the review to finally go to 60, but I never liked him.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im guessing wasp and havok are gonna be the 2 secret next year heroes considering those are mentioned in post.

also people are speculating that nova isnt coming october instead itll be x-23 and thats why the early bird thing is ending so fast.

this would be the perfect month to release them both just because they have been worked on for so long.

im sure its just about the Wasp / Havok team ups and nothing more (which are long overdue)

Nova will come out when Half Life 3 comes out

So, when I'm not doing LQs and SQs, I've been going back through to get story mode rewards. It's so quick now that waypoints are account bound. Big thanks to Rhaknar again for this post about it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114575065&postcount=11401

err thats terribly outdated with the new waypont system. For example, in chapter 8, you only need to do Mandarin now for the spirit reward, nothing else. its much faster... I should rewrite that with the new waypoints

Volimar

err thats terribly outdated with the new waypont system. For example, in chapter 8, you only need to do Mandarin now for the spirit reward, nothing else. its much faster... I should rewrite that with the new waypoints

Yeah, pretty common sense to know what you can skip now. Still, I'm all for you polishing and posting a new guide.

GManDH

having several accounts is not against the rules. its free so they dont care. and yes please do a new updated version of where the story rewards are.

Rhaknar

having several accounts is not against the rules. its free so they dont care. and yes please do a new updated version of where the story rewards are.

I think he meant Gaf accounts

Rhaknar

Quest rewards version 2.0 (updated for unlocked waypoints)

if, like me, you care about getting all the talent points, extra health and spirit from each story difficulty (basically anything that affects your character), here is a quick guide on how to do it fast. Note that you dont actually need to pick up the quests from the npcs, when youre in the correct zone the quest just gets added to your log.

Disclaimer: this assumes you have at least 1 character that has done story mode normally, and has ALL of the teleport points. This is mainly for ALT purposes.

Also dont forget that you dont even have to be in the chapter zone for it to count. For example, the transition from chapter 4 to chapter 5 says "go to xavier mansion and talk to xavier", you can skip this and after you finish kingpin and hand in the quest, just teleport directly to church of purification, kill juggernaut and when you leave you will be in xavier mansion ready to hand in. Same for chapter 7 to chapter 8 with hydra island, just teleport directly to hydra island after doing sinister, no need to go to the helicarrier and talk to Nick Fury first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to do the prologue anymore

Chapter 1 - teleport to the Rose Club, kill Doc Ock for 25 health reward.

Chapter 2 - teleport to the cargo freighter, kill Hood for 1 power point

Chapter 3 - teleport to Bamboo forrest, dash your way north until you find the alcove with a canoo/boat outside, go inside the instance, clear it for 5 spirit bonus.

Chapter 4 - teleport to Upper East Side (THIS IS OPTIONAL, if you dont want the retcon potion skip this), go to the police station and kill bullseye (retcon reward). Teleport to Fisk Tower, kill Kingpin, grab the tablet again (lol) for 1 power point reward

Chapter 5 - teleport to Old Trainyard, kill juggernaut for 50 health reward

Chapter 6 - Teleport to command bunker, kill magneto for 5 spirit.

Chapter 7 - Teleport to Shield outpost and clear it out for 1 power point. Leave and teleport to mutate marsh, look around for the evolution facility (I usually change to a teleporter for this so its faster), clear that for 25 health. If you wish, you can bodyslide out and teleport to Sinister instance, clear that for a 2 hour xp boost potion.

Chapter 8 - Clear Hydra Island for 5 spirit. Thats it, you can ignore everything else in the chapter.

Chapter 9 - Teleport to ancient ruin site, enter the instance, talk to the dude to get the power point. Im not sure if you have to finish the instance or not. In odins palace go to the upper left corner near the boat, get the quest, and in lower asgard pray to the almighty Odin that all the bosses up to Malekith instance are dead. Kill malekith in the instance, back to odins palace to get the Loki quest, kill loki for 5 spirit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rinse and repeat for Heroic and Superheroic and hats it, this is what I do with every hero. You could ignore the health and spirit bonuses and it would take half the time. But im OCD so I need those too. Hope this helps

Spaceballs was one of the proudest entries in my childhood VHS collection, behind Pryde of the X-men (never-picked-up pilot from X-men cartoon in animation style of the arcade game). Does that answer your question?
Oh man, I still watch Pryde at least once a year. It's so funny to show to friends who've never seen it.

Also, all this Spaceballs talk had me laughing pretty good. When I walked in, my roommate was watching it with a friend of his.

haha bro, you're the exact opposite of Tragi, he loves those characters in-game

I'm sure there's plenty of love for all the characters, but those four didn't suit my play-style and I found them slow and uninteresting. Hawkeye I played on launch, a few months later, and then more recently after he'd had the review to finally go to 60, but I never liked him.

Don't fall for Kepow's trolling.

Punisher was my first level 60, and I do love him, but he needs help. Hawkeye is legitimately the most boring character in the game. I didn't care much for Black Widow (level 30), and haven't even touched Cable.

I'm a big fan of Punisher in comics, but I had very little interest in Marvel Heroes. Not sure what else they can really do with him to be honest either.

Rhaknar

so excited for MM. how did it work again I forget, just constant 4X loot from midtown bosses?

Drayco21

I'm a big fan of Punisher in comics, but I had very little interest in Marvel Heroes. Not sure what else they can really do with him to be honest either.

The Punisher Van and some kind of armory system like they've been talking about could be just what he needs to get spiced up.

Rhaknar

DXL how are ANY of your avatars allowed on GAF?

im sorry but ive been dying to ask

So, I found this today while playing XD
E1A44EE4C064E9ACA1377C3B8E44FBEC5D794551
I had no idea those could drop outside of the boss battle.

I also got a Sif drop that same XD.

Lord Phol

Like Rhak mentioned those are probably the team-up versions though Wasp has a chance for release this year, Havok is less likely. Nova is definetly coming in october but I could also see X-23 being a suprise release.

Rhaknar

popular theory in the official forums some time ago was that x-23 would release in october, because X=10, so 10-23 or 10/23, and the 23rd of october IS a usual patch day (a thursday)

its not the most far fetched theory ive ever heard to be fair

Volimar

popular theory in the official forums some time ago was that x-23 would release in october, because X=10, so 10-23 or 10/23, and the 23rd of october IS a usual patch day (a thursday)

its not the most far fetched theory ive ever heard to be fair

half life 3 confirmed.

Vecks

Saw a tip in LFG about the midtown shared quest rescue civilians requirement. I don't know if it's better than just doing it normally, but I tried it out myself and it worked about 50% of the time.

That specific requirement, for some reason, actually can be completed in the Queens Prologue area. The highest success rate seems to be the left side of the map. You can farm the muggers there, and hope for the best.

KePoW

Banned
Saw a tip in LFG about the midtown shared quest rescue civilians requirement. I don't know if it's better than just doing it normally, but I tried it out myself and it worked about 50% of the time.

That specific requirement, for some reason, actually can be completed in the Queens Prologue area. The highest success rate seems to be the left side of the map. You can farm the muggers there, and hope for the best.

That's a funny tip. But killing Sents in MM isn't too bad in a full party

Lord Phol

Finally bought the Advance Pack! I know I always say that you get alot of bang for your buck with these packs but those prices still stings no matter the value. Just hoping I will have the time and will to get good use out of it in the coming year :p.

You guys better stick with this game, I need you to fuel the addiction!

KePoW

Banned
Finally bought the Advance Pack! I know I always say that you get alot of bang for your buck with these packs but those prices still stings no matter the value. Just hoping I will have the time and will to get good use out of it in the coming year :p.

You guys better not give up on this game, I need you to feed my addiction!

Haha I bought the Pack myself so I'll definitely be playing next year.

But like with all MMOs for me, I do not play them for years straight nonstop. I usually play MMOs in about 6 month increments, then take a few months off, then come back.

BTW -- how come I haven't seen you on Mordor?! I was playing last night and looking for you azn bro!

Lord Phol

Haha I bought the Pack myself so I'll definitely be playing next year.

But like with all MMOs for me, I do not play them for years straight nonstop. I usually play MMOs in about 6 month increments, then take a few months off, then come back.

BTW -- how come I haven't seen you on Mordor?! I was playing last night and looking for you azn bro!

Ah smart! I will probably do something similar to keep it feeling fresh and fun. There's bound to be some gaming draughts anyways and thats's where MH comes in!

I was probably sleeping D:. Installing it right now! Prepare to get your butt kicked by whatever orc that slays me 20 times >:D.

KePoW

Banned
Ah smart! I will probably do something similar to keep it feeling fresh and fun. There's bound to be some gaming draughts anyways and thats's where MH comes in!

I was probably sleeping D:. Installing it right now! Prepare to get your butt kicked by whatever orc that slays me 20 times >:D.

aww dang, what times do you sleep lol

Ploid 3.0

Is Mordor out on Steam/PC? I haven't been following it at all, and don't have a new console.

It's out.

I watched a stream of it for a bit. It looks so much like Assassin's Creed + Batman + Dishonored, 3 games that I don't care much about, but the other side with the battlefield politics, double agent dealings, and power struggle interest me very much (I was hoping it was some kind of rpg). I saw this game presented at EGX (eurogamer expo) and they made it sound so good. Then the impressions started coming in, confirming the EGX presentation talk. I'm keeping my eye on this because I want to like it. Something until Dragon Age is out.

KePoW

Banned
It's out.

I watched a stream of it for a bit. It looks so much like Assassin's Creed + Batman + Dishonored, 3 games that I don't care much about, but the other side with the battlefield politics, double agent dealings, and power struggle interest me very much (I was hoping it was some kind of rpg). I saw this game presented at EGX (eurogamer expo) and they made it sound so good. Then the impressions started coming in, confirming the EGX presentation talk. I'm keeping my eye on this because I want to like it. Something until Dragon Age is out.

Well it's pretty much like the Batman and AC games, so if you hate those like krazy then I wouldn't recommend it

KePoW

Banned
I predict my 560ti will melt. I'm due for an upgrade soon, but I suppose I'll be able to play on medium settings.

If you buy a new 970 it'll be a huge upgrade without changing anything else in your system.

However they're basically sold out everywhere right now

If you buy a new 970 it'll be a huge upgrade without changing anything else in your system.

However they're basically sold out everywhere right now

Yeah, everything else in my system is good, and my power supply can easily handle the 970. What does it run? $300ish?

KePoW

Banned
Yeah, everything else in my system is good, and my power supply can easily handle the 970. What does it run? $300ish?

Yeah low $300s. Basically it's the holy grail and best GPU value in a long time.

But that's also why it's impossible to find atm

<edit> and your power supply definitely won't be a problem, the 970 is one of the most power efficient new designs, that's another reason people love it

Doomsaw just posted about multi-spec. After the second spec, which you get for free, you can buy up to three more. Will no doubt cost Gs but it'll be account-wide at least.

Rhaknar

Doomsaw just posted about multi-spec. After the second spec, which you get for free, you can buy up to three more. Will no doubt cost Gs but it'll be account-wide at least.

why would you need so many, the talent trees in this arent THAT varied

Top Bottom